Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,392 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038657 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2016
I would appreciate an answer to this please

Everyone, please I need your take on this

My husband got admission to study graduate certificate in Computer network technician at Saskatchewan to start in august.
I'm going for the open work permit and we are applying together April/May.
I'm pregnant at the moment and baby arrives anytime in April so we want to wait for baby's arrival before applying.
I have a fairly successful business in hospitality sector and that's my own tie. I plan to state in sop that I want to go with him to support him as 9 months is a lot of time to stay apart especially with a new baby.
What do you think so far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2016
Mizbaby:

You are severely delusional. You have a serious problem differentiating between reality and fantasy.
I pity the person who has to feed and house you while you give advice to people about things you know nothing about.
Anybody that takes your ignorant advice has just lost his way.

LOL. You had a 3.59 and the effrontery to scoff at those who had a 2.2. Yet your degree is closer to a 2.2 than 1.1×2. You plan to spend the next 5 years of your life packing degrees in Canada like an average day in Venus, but accused others of trying to flee a sinking ship (the humble patriot implies that her country is a sinking ship). I don't even want to mention that someone married a bi-polar rabble-rouser. I can't keep reminding your husband about the biggest mistake of his life.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2016
Funny how some people are comparing Canadians with college certificates with international students when it comes to employment. Una go soon understand. #JustPassing o #BringBackOurThread tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2016
Eruditor:

LOL. You had a 3.59 and the effrontery to scoff at those who had a 2.2. Yet your degree is closer to a 2.2 than 1.1×2. You plan to spend the next 5 years of your life packing degrees in Canada like an average day in Venus, but accused others of trying to flee a sinking ship (the humble patriot implies that her country is a sinking ship). I don't even want to mention that someone married a bi-polar rabble-rouser. I can't keep reminding your husband about the biggest mistake of his life.

I never scoffed at those with a 2:2, that was not me. Pls read through my posts.
So I'm bipolar because I'm a woman with an IQ obviously higher than yours so I must be bipolar grin Get off your high horse.
Anyway I made a mistake quoting you in the first place, I now know to leave fools well alone.
Pls wallow in your ignorance.
I'm sure of my trv so I'm off this thread cheesy

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jayne07(f): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2016
Mizbaby:

I never scoffed at those with a 2:2, that was not me. Pls read through my posts.
So I'm bipolar because I'm a woman with an IQ obviously higher than yours so I must be bipolar grin Get off your high horse.
Anyway I made a mistake quoting you in the first place, I now know to leave fools well alone.

Cheers
Off the thread? You won't stay behind and help others?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2016
Mizbaby:

Cheers

Did I not agree with you that your IQ is higher than mine? I am assuming IQ means Idio.tic Quotient. You were tested off the chart. You'd even give William James Sidis a run for his money. High horse you said? Even with all my caveats, disclaimers and appeals to the OGs to come and elucidate properly? Or you think 'High Horse' refers to inebriated Equus caballus?

Please "F" off the thread. People want objective posts not emotional outbursts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2016
Reading from part 1, I came across several fights like am reading Novel. This is real and before me. A practical and not thereotical experience.

I hope the fighters are single beings ready for flings cause after the fight comes the .........

Lolz. Let peace reign!

Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2016
Mizbaby, you have got your own trv so you won't give back to the thread that helped you?
You also have the belief that you are better than other people who haven't got theirs. It's right there in your posts.

Sis, this life can be funny. The most successful is not always the one that got trv first, got employment first,bought a car first etc. You need to be humble. You haven't even boarded a plane to Canada, started your course or finished the course but you are talking like you have.

Usain bolts starts last and finishes first. A word is enough for the wise.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hollygruv: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2016
I don't get it tho.. I have been on this forum asking questions but got no response..and some are here exchanging insults at each other.. biko.. that time una dey use fr internet beef.. mo na answer me na.. abi.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2016
iykedare:
Mizbaby, you have got your own trv so you won't give back to the thread that helped you?
You also have the belief that you are better than other people who haven't got theirs. It's right there in your posts.

Sis, this life can be funny. The most successful is not always the one that got trv first, got employment first,bought a car first etc. You need to be humble. You haven't even boarded a plane to Canada, started your course or finished the course but you are talking like you have.
I swear my thoughts entirely. She suppose no talk that way. You were now telling us that you make more money, na ppl weh dey here come poor abi . Com dey brag on top trv. Life no be like that.. Na she know sha

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ralfudoh(m): 11:02am On Feb 21, 2016
I love your point bro. No need for all the bragging. Let peace reign. In life, overtaking is allowed but watch out for sharp bends cos u myt not make it past and someone else who is slower will reach there before you.
iykedare:

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2016
acolad:
Hi room .. I have been putting questions out there now and still no response.. Pls I will like anybody to respond to this.. I have an older cousin working at a pharmaceutical company in the USA..she has agreed to sponsor my schooling in Canada..pls is this possible.. Can she act as a sponsor .. Also she s married and has a permanent residence there.

anybody?? grin grin lol

yeah she can act as sponsor but u have to proof that the funds is available to you else u r likely to be hit with insufficient funds as in the case of thesoj sister;s first application and another applicant whose name has skipped me.

to tackle this, ur sponsor has to transfer some of the money into ur account preferably a dom account so as to keep its value and prevent unnecessary exchange rate risk and losses.

the gurus please come. my own pessewa contribution
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2016
Mizbaby please dont respond and to those adding kerosene to the quenched fire please stop.

let go back to question and answers.

shallom undecided undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Bobola86:
Funny how some people are comparing Canadians with college certificates with international students when it comes to employment. Una go soon understand. #JustPassing o #BringBackOurThread tongue grin
I taya o! I switched from a PGC to a Masters Prog, and I knw lots of intl students who wish they could do same. Times r changing People! Just pray to God to bless ur hustle!! #WhoNoComeNoGoKnow#EndOfDiscussion#

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

I taya o! I switched from a PGC to a Masters Prog, and I knw lots of intl students who wish they could do same. Times r changing People! Just pray to God to bless ur hustle!! #WhoNoComeNoGoKnow#EndOfDiscussion#

IyaEjima, Can I possibly send you a PM?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
ceemac:

IyaEjima, Can I possibly send you a PM?
For sure!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

For sure!

PM sent, Kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
Been taking note of this mizbaby(F) in different section of this great site. My impression is that she z so full of herself, cantankerous, insultive, arrogant with inordinate sense of pride unbecoming of a woman. This is not how to relate to other people.. Be humble girl. This world is nothing oooo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Bobola86:
Long time , you just forget myside.How school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

For sure!
Hi, please you did not reply my last mail. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
There is nothing noble in being or feeling superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

Pride is a terrible thing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
Eruditor:

Did I not agree with you that your IQ is higher than mine? I am assuming IQ means Idio.tic Quotient. You were tested off the chart. You'd even give William James Sidis a run for his money. High horse you said? Even with all my caveats, disclaimers and appeals to the OGs to come and elucidate properly? Or you think 'High Horse' refers to inebriated Equus caballus?

Please "F" off the thread. People want objective posts not emotional outbursts.

My guy e don do abeg

please let's continue with the healthy discussions, arguments and answers to questions so we and others can learn instead of throwing shades at each other
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
brandymcmb:

My guy e don do abeg

please let's continue with the healthy discussions, arguments and answers to questions so we and others can learn instead of throwing shades at each other

No problems bro. I won't engage her again.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

I respect your opinion. But I feel people who would want to learn from you will want to know why the master's program (for your profession) is better than the PGC or PGD or any other Post-secondary 'degree' and not that you "just" switched because times are changing. The reason is that, it feels like you are appealing more to your own predilections than an objective, which any other person can aspire to.

I understand you are in the Nursing field and switched from a Conestoga enp-cc program to a thesis-based Masters in Nursing at the Uni of Manitoba.

1. Did you do it because of money: You earn better as a GA or something, plus your tuition is waived.

2. Because you feel the career prospects are better via this route?

3. Or because "International students" are going down that lane.

I am asking because this information will help someone else that may be trying to venture down this same career-path.

I believe this is what one gains from threads like this.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
PGC can never be compared to masters na.....

Buh the truth is from the onset I've wanted Adv diploma just to cater for d practical deficiencies of an UG in Nigeria...

So not everybody actually wants or needs a masters degree
IyaEjima:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
Good. But since you're expecting a baby, why can't you allow ur husby to go first? I mean file his own application use you and other family members and other things as as home tie, getting there he can apply for you to join him later. Rather than all of you applying together. If you are to do that, it means you and ur husband must have huge amount of money in your account to take care of himself, you and d new baby. Just my opinion though
hildarela:
@Adexstudio
Thanks for your reply

We won't include the inactive business details since he has a job he can use as home tie.
But just a little background information
My husband got admission to study graduate certificate in Computer network technician at Saskatchewan to start in august.
I'm going for the open work permit and we are applying together April/May.
I'm pregnant at the moment and baby arrives anytime in April so we want to wait for baby's arrival before applying.
I have a fairly successful business in hospitality sector and that's my own tie. I plan to state in sop that I want to go with him to support him as 9 months is a lot of time to stay apart especially with a new baby.
What do you think so far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by einsteino(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
You hit the nail on the head. it is not sufficient to just state something, you have to give reasons so others can decide if it applies to their own cases. Not everyone is going for a PGD because he doesn't have a 2:1.

Eruditor:

I respect your opinion. But I feel people who would want to learn from you will want to know why the master's program (for your profession) is better than the PGC or PGD or any other Post-secondary 'degree' and not that you "just" switched because times are changing. The reason is that, it feels like you are appealing more to your own predilections than an objective, which any other person can aspire to.

I understand you are in the Nursing field and switched from a Conestoga enp-cc program to a thesis-based Masters in Nursing at the Uni of Manitoba.

1. Did you do it because of money: You earn better as a GA or something, plus your tuition is waived.

I am asking because this information will help someone else that may be trying to venture down this same career-path.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Who remembers jojcanada? See one of her recent posts. She did an 8 months course in a college.

Experience and skills are key to getting jobs after your program.

[quote author=jojcanada post=41610064]Happy new year people. I haven't been on here in a while. Life in Canada has been so fast. I just want to encourage everyone that with hard work and God you will succeed. I did an 8 months programme at Seneca college and a 4 month coop (Jan - dec 2015). My first job which started in Dec is as an IT Project Manager earning over $80k per annum. Stay focused and you can do it too, do not try to cut corners or beat the system. Canada is a land of opportunities and with God's grace and handwork the sky is your limit.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
The money paid into my account doesn't increase my salary. My salary still remain thesame.
I did an affidavit in supports of my application.
Under which I explained the details. For instance:
1. That I acquired an informal skill in photography and digital media and this has served as a part time business for me and support my financial resolve to further my studies.
2. That entries/deposits into my account other than direct salary renumerations from my employer are payments for event vendor services undertaken by me for event photography, media coverage and related services at various times.
Hope that's convincing enough.
[quote author=afor01 post=43098598][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oseni007(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
We dey here.....sup bro
swagifted:
Any mohawk student here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Eruditor:

Hi Eruditor,
I'll answer ur questions as asked
1. ENP-CC will NEVER fetch u a GA/TA/RA job as a student. Masters fetches scholarships/ tuition waivers as a new and current student (if u bend down and read of course) that PGCs will never give 1/2 of even if u make A+ all tru. (Something to consider with d rate of naira devaluation and d fact that not everyone have their parents as their sponsors)

2. As a Nurse (and for anyone in a regulated profession in Canada), u need licensure / to be registered to practice and to be eligible for PR/PNPs; PGCs won't give u d time to process all dat cuz d waka no be one day and before u knw it 8months (*2) is up and ur 3yrs PGWP may be spent on "labouke jobs" that will lead u nowhere. Masters buys u time to sit in Canada legally (u can even fast-track to PHD in most schools after ur first year and it's mostly tuition free cuz ur grades sampled u out) and process that cuz ur courses r spaced and not jampacked like PG courses.

3. International students don't go down that lane easily, even with a 2'1, thesis-based Masters admission process is terribly rigorous and sometimes not easy to get. I even applied for PGC cuz I got tired of waiting for my masters offer letter to come out, and PGC came out in 3wks. Plus Master of Nursing is difficult, I was told its IMPOSSIBLE so didn't even see any intl student to "follow down d route" sef but God helped me.

May I add that tuition was more expensive in PGC (in my case, may vary).
Lastly, let's stop deceiving ourselves with this "I'm going back to Nigeria to build d country" talk, even d VOS knw u ain't going nowhere, at least not without PR/passport if not we'll all be on d UK thread!
God bless!

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesusgang(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
@ Eruditor and everyone involved, please let's stop the argument on which post-secondary education is better on this thread. The aim of this thread is to provide elucidating information on ADMISSION AND STUDY PERMIT and not career path counselling.

Cheers guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.