Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1043749 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Good evening. Is there anyone in the house that is currently undergoing MSc Accounting in Canada?

My spouse is fiddling with the thought of applying with the aim of eventually doing her Phd in Canada. She has already completed her Msc in Accounting here in Lagos but we are both of the opinion that she should start afresh to be able to acclimatize fully with the Canadian university system considering the fact that she worked fulltime while running the MSc.

I have done some research online but what I am really looking for is an affordable university in a province/city where both my wife and I can get jobs with minimal stress. Some of those that I have seen seem to be concentrated in Ontario. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 10:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
It's ok. May the good Lord perfect it.
hildarela:

No we don't want to separate for any reason.
Our marriage is not even a year old.
I've read successful family applications on here.
Baby arrives in April and his course starts August
So we want to apply as soon as baby's intl passport is sorted.
He has study leave letter with assurance of return to his job for the 9 months course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by domex007: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Amefrica:

Yeah, I am currently studying at UPEI, it is a pretty beautiful school. The province is VERY small compared to other provinces. For UnderGrads, it usually takes anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks to decide on your application. To pay your school fees, you can use International Wire Transfer, or pay in cash at the accounting office. Let me know if you have more questions. Visit www.upei.ca for more generic info!

sup bro, how is d nursing program for ug at upei. tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Huzzie: 2:09am On Feb 22, 2016
40manlappy:
Good evening. Is there anyone in the house that is currently undergoing MSc Accounting in Canada?

My spouse is fiddling with the thought of applying with the aim of eventually doing her Phd in Canada. She has already completed her Msc in Accounting here in Lagos but we are both of the opinion that she should start afresh to be able to acclimatize fully with the Canadian university system considering the fact that she worked fulltime while running the MSc.

I have done some research online but what I am really looking for is an affordable university in a province/city where both my wife and I can get jobs with minimal stress. Some of those that I have seen seem to be concentrated in Ontario. Thank you.

To get Msc in Accounting or finance requires GMAT, that is the starting point. During my quest to avoid GMAT I found my current school (Brock)
https://brocku.ca/business/future/graduate/maccdegrees/imacc and
UNBC http://www.unbc.ca/commerce. (master of business administration with specialization in accounting, finance etc)
Brock is in Ontario and is expensive while Unbc is in British Columbia and is extremely cheap. The challenge with UNBC is that the competition is very high because domestic and international students pay the same fee(used to be about $1700/semester for 5semesters), I know this because I applied there twice and a friend( also a nairalander) graduated from the Master of biz administration (specialization in finance) last year . But note that, starting from last year Nigerians applying to UNBC are required to write English Proficiency test. You could also check university of Saskatchewan, I think they have a good program
http://www.usask.ca/programs/colleges-schools/grad-studies/programs/accounting.php.
Tell your wife to start thinking of writing GMAT grin because this might be your meal ticket to cheap schools.

Hope this was helpful.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2016
Huzzie:

To get Msc in Accounting or finance requires GMAT, that is the starting point. During my quest to avoid GMAT I found my current school (Brock)
https://brocku.ca/business/future/graduate/maccdegrees/imacc and
UNBC http://www.unbc.ca/commerce. (master of business administration with specialization in accounting, finance etc)
Brock is in Ontario and is expensive while Unbc is in British Columbia and is extremely cheap. The challenge with UNBC is that the competition is very high because domestic and international students pay the same fee(used to be about $1700/semester for 5semesters), I know this because I applied there twice and a friend( also a nairalander) graduated from the Master of biz administration (specialization in finance) last year . But note that, starting from last year Nigerians applying to UNBC are required to write English Proficiency test. You could also check university of Saskatchewan, I think they have a good program
http://www.usask.ca/programs/colleges-schools/grad-studies/programs/accounting.php.
Tell your wife to start thinking of writing GMAT grin because this might be your meal ticket to cheap schools.

Hope this was helpful.
Cheers.
@huzzie,
Yea, well said.
@40manlappy,Same applies here, got masters in economics already here and was actually trying to get a finance or an MBA affordable but most schools requires you do gmat and its necessary if you want to have lots of options. I eventually settled and got admission for MBA at university of New Brunswick cos they waived gmat based on some stated conditions.
Check up st.Mary's university, a friend just finished msc finance but to me it's not a cheap school, gmat is optional.
Good morning all. Have a productive day and week ahead.
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 9:15am On Feb 22, 2016
Please Good people of nairaland how much is the current visa fee for online applicants for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 9:34am On Feb 22, 2016
AdexStudio:

It's ok. May the good Lord perfect it.

Amen!!!
I look forward to being a success story too.

Please can you confirm that original documents are no longer accepted for paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2016
rallymento:

Thanks,
The reason why I asked was as a result of the Agent page of the international student form.
What do u suggest I do? Skip that page and conclude my application?

If you are not using an agent..you skip it yea
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by shalewa18: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2016
my good People gd morning to u all, Pls am in a state of dilemma i need ur advise ASAP. i came out with cgpa of 2.25. I was advise to start afresh by studying undergraduate degree in Nursing cs that has bn on my mind Since. Bt later on I was tld it wont make Sense and dt I myt not be given visa as to y I want to obtain anoda BSc wen I ve one already except if I convince dem well. Den I was later tld again to go for post graduate diploma and after getting dere I can apply for the prog I intend doing. my question is if I want to go for the pgd is it necessary I go for the course relate to d one I read cos I dnt want to study sometn like dt again my Second question is if I shld follow wht ve bn advised on, wont d expenses be too much cs my mum is the one that want to sponsor me to go and wen I get dere I will work and pay for the remaining one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gbemirado: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
Call the clinic and explain to them. They will send u an information sheet. While applying, among the question u will b asked is if u have had medicals with any cic approved clinic say yes and then in ur application page, a portion whr dat info sheet will b attached will b created. This is if u r applying online. I did d same

Kenyata:
Hello Good People of Nairaland, I want to reapply. How do I deal with medicals that I did previously. Will I ask IOM, Ikeja to send it to CIC or request for it and include it in my documents when reapplying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ell707: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2016
Hello house, good morning. Please does anyone know a trusted person that does bank statements for canada study permit. Please its urgent. I wait ur prompt response thanks...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 10:33am On Feb 22, 2016
gbemirado:
Call the clinic and explain to them. They will send u an information sheet. While applying, among the question u will b asked is if u have had medicals with any cic approved clinic say yes and then in ur application page, a portion whr dat info sheet will b attached will b created. This is if u r applying online. I did d same

Did you pay for the information sheet sent to you by IMO ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2016
Ell707:
Hello house, good morning. Please does anyone know a trusted person that does bank statements for canada study permit. Please its urgent. I wait ur prompt response thanks...
What do you mean by " a trusted person that does bank statement for Canada study permit" Your bank should be d one to issue you bank statement. I hope you are not trying to do what I'm thinking. Morning pals.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 11:07am On Feb 22, 2016
metrecube:

What do you mean by " a trusted person that does bank statement for Canada study permit" Your bank should be d one to issue you bank statement. I hope you are not trying to do what I'm thinking. Morning pals.

Lol. That is what is he is asking for from the statement.
Ell707, this is a wrong thread to ask such information. It's not allowed.
Kindly visit your branch to get your bank statement.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2016
IMO or IOM?
Which ever one, you're not going to pay after u've paid them 28k medical fees. They're there to serve u bettter.
dmines22:

Did you pay for the information sheet sent to you by IMO ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2016
Royat1:
Please Good people of nairaland how much is the current visa fee for online applicants for
Someone should please answer!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
U need to print ur sponsors statement or urs sir. Don't use fake or forged document.
Ell707:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
I need advice on this matter, I am ready to apply for admission for masters, I graduated with a cgpa of 3.5, which school is likely to grant me admission, I want to go for an MEng in civil engineering, I have checked out their minimum requirements but am still not sure on which has higher chance of admission.
University of Windsor
Ryerson University
Concordia University
Western University
University of Guelph
carleton University
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
AdexStudio:
IMO or IOM?
Which ever one, you're not going to pay after u've paid them 28k medical fees. They're there to serve u bettter.

Loool... Thanks bro but they do charge some people on here that have read especially if the visa was refused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
emma4eva:
I need advice on this matter, I am ready to apply for admission for masters, I graduated with a cgpa of 3.5, which school is likely to grant me admission, I want to go for an MEng in civil engineering, I have checked out their minimum requirements but am still not sure on which has higher chance of admission.
University of Windsor
Ryerson University
Concordia University
Western University
University of Guelph
carleton University
Apply to all of them.. Atleast one will offer you admission

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Bandeco:

Apply to all of them.. Atleast one will offer you admission
that's $100*6

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
Try western .
emma4eva:
University of Windsor
Ryerson University
Concordia University
Western University
University of Guelph
carleton University
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
emma4eva:
that's $100*6

That's $600 - 120k naira.
You should consider things like their school fees, availability of scholarships etc.You need not apply to more than three.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
Royat1:

Someone should please answer!!

Hello,

Applications fee is 235 cad,150 cad for study permit and 85.for biometrics. However, the total amount in naira depends on the rate fixed by the banks card you will be using to make payment.
If using heritage bank today, you will be paying 244.6/1 cnd.
Best regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
pampem:

Hello,

Applications fee is 185 cad. However, the total amount in naira depends on the rate fixed by the banks card you will be using to make payment.
Best regards

Who as any idea on how much those Gtbank charge for 1cad$ to #...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
pampem:

Hello,

Applications fee is 185 cad. However, the total amount in naira depends on the rate fixed by the banks card you will be using to make payment.
Best regards
Tot there is a way to also make payment in cash and in naira equivalent at their office ESP for paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 2:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
Giov:
Tot there is a way to also make payment in cash and in naira equivalent at their office ESP for paper route?
yes. you can pay for biometric and application by cash at VAC office if you are using paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
AdexStudio:
Pm received and replied. Happy Sunday
Adex, u have a mail from me oooo. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
pampem:

Hello,

Best regards

Abeg Pampem, does the 185 CAD also include the biometric fee?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
favour0011:
Try western .
pls how long did the admission process take? how do you see university of ottawa MEng, i forgot to add that to the list.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
metrecube:

yes. you can pay for biometric and application by cash at VAC office if you are using paper route.
How much will one be paying den at VAC were u to pay in naira?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
malaoluolateju:

Abeg Pampem, does the 185 CAD also include the biometric fee?
Sorry it's 235 in total for study visa. 150.for study permit fee and 85 for biometrics making a total of 235 cad.
Paying online will charge you more cos of fx increase now . Paper routers will pay less I think.
185cad app fee is for visiting visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.