Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1043747 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Pm received and replied. Happy Sunday
Giov:
@AdexStudio, I sent u a pm.
Please acknowledge receipt
Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by einsteino(m): 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
Thanks alot for this. Pls may I pm you?
IyaEjima:

Hi Eruditor,
I'll answer ur questions as asked
1. ENP-CC will NEVER fetch u a GA/TA/RA job as a student. Masters fetches scholarships/ tuition waivers as a new and current student (if u bend down and read of course) that PGCs will never give 1/2 of even if u make A+ all tru. (Something to consider with d rate of naira devaluation and d fact that not everyone have their parents as their sponsors)

2. As a Nurse (and for anyone in a regulated profession in Canada), u need licensure / to be registered to practice and to be eligible for PR/PNPs; PGCs won't give u d time to process all dat cuz d waka no be one day and before u knw it 8months (*2) is up and ur 3yrs PGWP may be spent on "labouke jobs" that will lead u nowhere. Masters buys u time to sit in Canada legally (u can even fast-track to PHD in most schools after ur first year and it's mostly tuition free cuz ur grades sampled u out) and process that cuz ur courses r spaced and not jampacked like PG courses.

3. International students don't go down that lane easily, even with a 2'1, thesis-based Masters admission process is terribly rigorous and sometimes not easy to get. I even applied for PGC cuz I got tired of waiting for my masters offer letter to come out, and PGC came out in 3wks. Plus Master of Nursing is difficult, I was told its IMPOSSIBLE so didn't even see any intl student to "follow down d route" sef but God helped me.

May I add that tuition was more expensive in PGC (in my case, may vary).
Lastly, let's stop deceiving ourselves with this "I'm going back to Nigeria to build d country" talk, even d VOS knw u ain't going nowhere, at least not without PR/passport if not we'll all be on d UK thread!
God bless!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
AdexStudio:
Good. But since you're expecting a baby, why can't you allow ur husby to go first? I mean file his own application use you and other family members and other things as as home tie, getting there he can apply for you to join him later. Rather than all of you applying together. If you are to do that, it means you and ur husband must have huge amount of money in your account to take care of himself, you and d new baby. Just my opinion though

No we don't want to separate for any reason.
Our marriage is not even a year old.
I've read successful family applications on here.
Baby arrives in April and his course starts August
So we want to apply as soon as baby's intl passport is sorted.
He has study leave letter with assurance of return to his job for the 9 months course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Also we have almost 10 million naira in joint account savings.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

Hi Eruditor,
1. ENP-CC will NEVER fetch u a GA/TA/RA job as a student. Masters fetches scholarships/ tuition waivers as a new and current student (if u bend down and read of course) that PGCs will never give 1/2 of even if u make A+ all tru. (Something to consider with d rate of naira devaluation and d fact that not everyone have their parents as their sponsors)

2. As a Nurse (and for anyone in a regulated profession in Canada), u need licensure / to be registered to practice and to be eligible for PR/PNPs; PGCs won't give u d time to process all dat cuz d waka no be one day and before u knw it 8months (*2) is up and ur 3yrs PGWP may be spent on "labouke jobs" that will lead u nowhere. Masters buys u time to sit in Canada legally (u can even fast-track to PHD in most schools after ur first year and it's mostly tuition free cuz ur grades sampled u out) and process that cuz ur courses r spaced and not jampacked like PG courses.

3. International students don't go down that lane easily, even with a 2'1, thesis-based Masters admission process is terribly rigorous and sometimes not easy to get. I even applied for PGC cuz I got tired of waiting for my masters offer letter to come out, and PGC came out in 3wks. Plus Master of Nursing is difficult, I was told its IMPOSSIBLE so didn't even see any intl student to "follow down d route" sef but God helped me.

Lastly, let's stop deceiving ourselves with this "I'm going back to Nigeria to build d country" talk, even d VOS knw u ain't going nowhere, at least not without PR/passport if not we'll all be on d UK thread!
God bless!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

Hi Eruditor,

God bless!

@ your last paragraph,
Of course we all know we want to stay back in Canada and continue to build a life there.
But we have to tell them what they want to hear to get what we want.
I studied in the UK for 5 years and I moved back to Nigeria because it was either get a high paying job or get out. I have experience with UK study visa but don't want to be big headed and not ask for help as it's a different country.
Also. I'll like to add that these whole Canadian certification and prospects differs.
Its understandable why you would switch cos you're in nursing but that's not the case for those in IT.
IT requires hands on approach than just book work.
My friend in Toronto earns a lot in IT security and he didn't do a masters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ridlaw(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
Please Does anyone know about Morgan consultancy??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
einsteino:
Thanks alot for this. Pls may I pm you?
For sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by einsteino(m): 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

For sure

Thanks pm sent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
Pinkygrace:

Hi, please you did not reply my last mail. thanks
My sincere apologies! Just found it. Replied.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
einsteino:

Thanks pm sent
Replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
PGC can never be compared to masters na.....

Buh the truth is from the onset I've wanted Adv diploma just to cater for d practical deficiencies of an UG in Nigeria...

So not everybody actually wants or needs a masters degree

Lol. I won't refer you to some of your previous posts last year in the spirit of letting all this go. Happy Sunday everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
Pinkygrace:

Long time , you just forget myside.How school
My sister. I didn't forget your side o. Hustle has been real mehn! Will call you soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
That's d truth I just told..
I may have looked for a masters admission it was just for visa purposes.....

And right now by God's grace When my visa comes il still divert to the advance diploma which has been my desire.....

Bobola86:

Lol. I won't refer you to some of your previous posts last year in the spirit of letting all this go. Happy Sunday everyone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rallymento(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
Honestly, I don't think I will have the patience to read over hundred thousand comments.

I want to apply to Humber college CA.

Is it mandatory that International students must apply through an Agent?
Since Using an agent doesn't justify I get into Canada, cant I apply to the school directly?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
rallymento:
Honestly, I don't think I will have the patience to read over hundred thousand comments.

I want to apply to Humber college CA.

Is it mandatory that International students must apply through an Agent?
Since Using an agent doesn't justify I get into Canada, cant I apply to the school directly?

Thanks

You can definitely apply to the school directly and not use an agent.
You do not have to use an agent unless you don't have the time and you have money to burn.
Admission process is pretty straightforward.
Just submit the required documents and wait for their decision.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sometimes I just get so sad when I see Nigerians abusing each other over nothing, especially when one of the parties claims to be superior to the other.

@Mizbaby, while I thought you started off correcting some initial misinformation by @eruditor, you singlehandedly let the argument degenerate into a rain of abuses and chest-thumping and then added misinformation of your own. @Bandeco mentioned that you have a NL history of brazenly abusing others on other threads and from reading your history this is so true. You might not be a bad person offline but you need to cool off on the pride.

We all need to have humble hearts, which makes it easy to help and correct each other without the "I beta pass you" attitude.

As an agnostic atheist it just blows me away how the same people on this thread who invoke God's help to get their TRV are some of the same people encouraging using fake documents or projecting extraordinary pride towards others. Oh well.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by charles316: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
thesoj:
Sometimes I just .
Hi guys,I've got a serious issue. I was denied visa last year and the VO said he wasn't sure I had enough money to  pay my tuition and take care of myself without working in Canada. So I thought of handling that issue this way;

My tuition is can$14400
Estimated expenses during the 9 months course is can$7500
Others            $2000
Total in naira is 3.5m.

I have just 3.0m naira though I have a sponsor who has more than 23m in his account. I don't know if the VO will have a problem with a guy of 30+ years having a sponsor. 

My wahala is .....

I have even paid my school fees from this 3m so the money in my account has greatly diminished. Do I print my account and exclude the part where my school fees was withdrawn? That way,I can claim that I have paid my school fees and still have 3m to take care of myself. Will the VO be keen to know from whose account the school fees was paid?

Or do I come out clean and state that the remaining 500k naira will be taken care of by my sponsor who is my cousin? Will the VO  believe that?

Make una help a çonfused brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
IyaEjima:

Hi Eruditor,

God bless!

Wow. Very educative!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Jesusgang:
@ Eruditor and everyone involved, please let's stop the argument on which post-secondary education is better on this thread. The aim of this thread is to provide elucidating information on ADMISSION AND STUDY PERMIT and not career path counselling.

Cheers guys.

While I understand your call for the thread to not be derailed I still think career path can form a basis for people's queries here. Atleast, they entertain questions like that on the USA thread and I am very sure such questions were being asked in the previous parts of this thread (6 and 7 in particular had people giving tips on living expenses, what to buy when there, career expectancies etc.)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
That's d truth I just told..
I may have looked for a masters admission it was just for visa purposes.....

And right now by God's grace When my visa comes il still divert to the advance diploma which has been my desire.....

Ok o. Success with your application bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yea it is OK to have a sponsor even if you are above 30 years old. I know of such people with successful applicantions who yet had a sponsor. But, you need to write a really good SOP showing how passionate you are about your course of study, and what you have been doing in Naija since your previous educational study.

I don't really have any advice on your remaining questions except that you should think like a VO, especially given that your precious app was denied on insufficient funds.

Also, much has been written about insufficient funds on this thread and it would behoove you to read them. You can easily use Google to search for "insufficient funds" posts on this thread.
charles316:

Hi guys,I've got a serious issue. I was denied visa last year and the VO said he wasn't sure I had enough money to  pay my tuition and take care of myself without working in Canada. So I thought of handling that issue this way;

My tuition is can$14400
Estimated expenses during the 9 months course is can$7500
Others            $2000
Total in naira is 3.5m.

I have just 3.0m naira though I have a sponsor who has more than 23m in his account. I don't know if the VO will have a problem with a guy of 30+ years having a sponsor. 

My wahala is .....

I have even paid my school fees from this 3m so the money in my account has greatly diminished. Do I print my account and exclude the part where my school fees was withdrawn? That way,I can claim that I have paid my school fees and still have 3m to take care of myself. Will the VO be keen to know from whose account the school fees was paid?

Or do I come out clean and state that the remaining 500k naira will be taken care of by my sponsor who is my cousin? Will the VO  believe that?

Make una help a çonfused brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
As you are in canada, tell me why you feel an advanced diploma is not the best for me...and what other option would you advise.
Bobola86:

Ok o. Success with your application bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ridlaw(m): 7:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
ridlaw:
Please Does anyone know about Morgan consultancy??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by swagifted(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Oseni007:
We dey here.....sup bro
ahhhh...baba God don pick up my call, av always wanted sum1 I could contact and ask first hand questions abt d school...am targeting september 2017..a diploma course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
As you are in canada, tell me why you feel an advanced diploma is not the best for me...and what other option would you advise.

For real though, am not saying it's not the best for you. Of course you have your future plans and career path differs. In my own case, Advance diploma or sorts can't work for my career. You definitely need something higher to start with even before professional exams because it's information security management and you know there are a lot to learn under that. Plus don't forget it's more or less like a competition here. You have to give them reasons why you are a better candidate. I guess yours is more hands on (something to do with civil engineering if am right) so I don't know much about that. Don't know if I make any sense to you. It's well bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
youre right...civil engineering..
i intend to have an advanced diploma in construction engineering to have a more thorough knowledge about construction projects
Bobola86:

For real though, am not saying it's not the best for you. Of course you have your future plans and career path differs. In my own case, Advance diploma or sorts can't work for my career. You definitely need something higher to start with even before professional exams because it's information security management and you know there are a lot to learn under that. Plus don't forget it's more or less like a competition here. You have to give them reasons why you are a better candidate. I guess yours is more hands on (something to do with civil engineering if am right) so I don't know much about that. Don't know if I make any sense to you. It's well bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rallymento(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
hildarela:

You can definitely apply to the school directly and not use an agent.
You do not have to use an agent unless you don't have the time and you have money to burn.
Admission process is pretty straightforward.
Just submit the required documents and wait for their decision.

Thanks,
The reason why I asked was as a result of the Agent page of the international student form.
What do u suggest I do? Skip that page and conclude my application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
youre right...civil engineering..
i intend to have an advanced diploma in construction engineering to have a more thorough knowledge about construction projects
you are a graduate of civil engineering, which school gave you admission for masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
been 3months since I left for Toronto, so far I can say Toronto is the shit man...holla at 5BF9D9AB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungreezy: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
Can anyone point me to any school in Canada with affordable tuition for Masters in IT security? Searched UoiT and Concordia but it seems their fees are on the high side.. Any other options please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Please how is BSc in banking and finance like I Canada and an Msc in financial risk management? Please what's d future prospect

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.