Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037899 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2015
@OTUNBACODED

Pay attention to rule number 11
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2015
Ajibade105:

Just wanna start my application. How do you go about the admission process?
Have you checked that you meet the minimum requirements of your intended course of study? If yes, have you mailed the graduate advisor of your department to inquire about admission, funding et al.?

Note: I didn't even do these first two steps I just mentioned but that doesn't mean they're a waste of time.

Then, you can start gathering your documents: Graduate certificate (if you're going for Masters), Statement of purpose/intent/motivation (C'est la meme chose), CV, GRE score sheet (I think most departments require GRE), your personal copy of your transcript etc. If you're confident in your chances of admission, you can even ask your school to send your original transcript to them as the first step so that doesn't stall anything when it's eventually requested for.

If you had a quite good CGPA in your undergraduate (especially the last two semesters), ensure you back it up with a passionate, personalised and knowledge-based Statement of Purpose to increase your chances of being considered for the University of Manitoba Graduate Felowship alongside admission.

Those are the points I have for now. It's advisable you mail lecturers whose research interests in your intended course of study coincide with yours to secure a supervisor. Follow the mails with calls if necessary. I have read from NL how getting a supervisor is one of the conditions for admission.

For my department though, you get admitted and choose your supervisor after getting to know them very well. Best wishes.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 10:24am On Aug 29, 2015
mosquitoway:
no boss, finished 2013, schooled in toronto,moved to manitoba to get my residence sorted in quick time, working here now
Please are you an Abusite
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 11:39am On Aug 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Stop being pessimistic. Refocus your mind on other things and let the application ride its course. It's not easy but the truth is what will be will be. Over analysis won't solve a thing.

Anytime your mind flashes back to a mistake in your application or what you should have done better which is what you insinuate as the cause of 'the delay' for now, just say a little prayer and know it is well.
embarassed
sholay2011:

Stop being pessimistic. Refocus your mind on other things and let the application ride its course. It's not easy but the truth is what will be will be. Over analysis won't solve a thing.

Anytime your mind flashes back to a mistake in your application or what you should have done better which is what you insinuate as the cause of 'the delay' for now, just say a little prayer and know it is well.
*Sniff *sniff. (˘̩̩_˘̩̩̩ƪ). Bless fam. Just pray for your boys here. Best regards to you and best of luck to us.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NigerianNewbie: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hello fam. I got into Ottawa yesterday.

It was pretty smooth going through immigration. Going out exploring today. For others coming in, all of the very best.
Cheers.

14 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
NigerianNewbie:
Hello fam. I got into Ottawa yesterday.

It was pretty smooth going through immigration. Going out exploring today. For others coming in, all of the very best.
Cheers.

Congratulations. Enjoy your stay.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by OTUNBACODED: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
@ justwise, why do u have to delete my question . I have not commited any offence here neither did I spam. What I asked was a genuin question that I need help and clarification about. I belief if everybody here was like u, then this forum won't have grown to the stage it is today. For the record, my question again goes thus; please gurus in d house I started working with an employer 2 months ago and after I spoke to my CEO about my admission, he saw this as a positive move and offer to give me a study leave letter and even act as a co-sponsor and give me the company statement of account and all necessary documents. By my fear is, since I've only worked for him for only 2 months won't the VO see it as been staged or should I just go ahead and submit every documents he has offered to give me. Please your comments and advice will be appreciated as i wish to submit application for study permit soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
justwise:
@OTUNBACODED

Pay attention to rule number 11

You can write but can't read

OTUNBACODED:
@ justwise, why do u have to delete my question . I have not commited any offence here neither did I spam. What I asked was a genuin question that I need help and clarification about. I belief if everybody here was like u, then this forum won't have grown to the stage it is today. For the record, my question again goes thus; please gurus in d house I started working with an employer 2 months ago and after I spoke to my CEO about my admission, he saw this as a positive move and offer to give me a study leave letter and even act as a co-sponsor and give me the company statement of account and all necessary documents. By my fear is, since I've only worked for him for only 2 months won't the VO see it as been staged or should I just go ahead and submit every documents he has offered to give me. Please your comments and advice will be appreciated as i wish to submit application for study permit soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by myb012: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
sholay2011:

That was the exact reason I didn't fly Emirates! Madam, na only you waka come oo. You don get US visa join am? Congrats! !!

You are highly favoured.

You don't need to get us visa to fly with Emirates I used emirates and all I did was to know the dates they come to Toronto directly from dubai that's from lagos to dubai den same day dubai to Toronto. You just go to the connecting flight and wait till 9:55 am. Days emirates go to Toronto from dubai no stop are Mondays, Wednesdays nd Fridays. I left lagos 2.30pm on Tuesday got to dubai 1.45 am on Wednesday went straight to my wer m connecting slept nd wen it was tym to board. 9.55 am on that Wednesday got to Toronto the same Wednesday afternoon. So u dnt need us visa wiv emirates u just have to know when to book but every other days of the week they pass through us but those three days Ders flight to non stop to Toronto

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by miznerizah: 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hi everyone please am new hear I summited my application 11 weeks now and no response since that time please I want to find out how meny weeks is the processing time for student because someone told me u s 41weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

Would one day be enough for you? cheesy

Agree to loan me the TRV for a day, then we can talk about holding for maybe another Year Month. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
miznerizah:
Hi everyone please am new hear I summited my application 11 weeks now and no response since that time please I want to find out how meny weeks is the processing time for student because someone told me u s 41weeks
Lol@41weeks..For wetin na..Its 8weeks normal time. Ur application has exceeded normal processing time. So many pple are in this same condition cos of reasons I can't explain..U might need to bring the attention of CIC to this if u choose. Btw did u apply online or by paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=sholay2011 post=37451527]
Have you checked that you meet the minimum requirements of your intended course of study? If yes, have you mailed the graduate advisor of your department to inquire about admission, funding et al.?

Note: I didn't even do these first two steps I just mentioned but that doesn't mean they're a waste of time.

Then, you can start gathering your documents: Graduate certificate (if you're going for Masters), Statement of purpose/intent/motivation (C'est la meme chose), CV, GRE score sheet (I think most departments require GRE), your personal copy of your transcript etc. If you're confident in your chances of admission, you can even ask your school to send your original transcript to them as the first step so that doesn't stall anything when it's eventually requested for.

If you had a quite good CGPA in your undergraduate (especially the last two semesters), ensure you back it up with a passionate, personalised and knowledge-based Statement of Purpose to increase your chances of being considered for the University of Manitoba Graduate Felowship alongside admission.

Those are the points I have for now. It's advisable you mail lecturers whose research interests in your intended course of study coincide with yours to secure a supervisor. Follow the mails with calls if necessary. I have read from NL how getting a supervisor is one of the conditions for admission.

For my department though, you get admitted and choose your supervisor after getting to know them very well. Best wishes.

Thanks so much bro. I find those information(s) useful. I have mailed 2/3 supervisor; I was encourage to apply. Can you send me your statement of purpose, I want to use it as a guide to write mine. ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com. Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=Ajibade105 post=37461015][/quote]
You are welcome. 'Will send what you requested.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennykentipsy: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Graviton2:

embarassed Can you loan me your TRV for a day? Lol.
u don't need to loan yours is here already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennykentipsy: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
bolajibreeze:

Undergrad Niagara College. My mum, with quite some land docs, turn over docs, bank statements, half school fees receipt, admission letter, waec and birth cert, and all the usual things. I don't know what an SOA is tho. But I think and hoped the agent must have pointed it out.

do u have ur TRV already? am also at niagara college Niagara on the lake campus I can help u with accommodation cheap and reasonable one but be quick bout it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chichi89(f): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Graviton2:
I rather "kee" myself than "commeat" suicide!!!!!

Part 9 will definitely bear my good news! Walahi!

#Quick question: For how long does an upfront medical stand viable by CIC? I did mine in July, how long can it still be used?
A year

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennykentipsy: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

Oh thank you,
But I'm not coming to Winnipeg,
Ottawa is my destination smiley

Please for those that have flown/are flying Lufthansa, could anyone explain the luggage dimensions of 158cm cos my box is the usual big size. embarassed

@Shollay2011 same smiley

am sure ur box isn't 158cm cos that's 6ft if u stand ur luggage upright is it as tall as u? which I doubt mine too was the big box but all airline maximum dimension isw158cm according to IATA rules.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

am sure ur box isn't 158cm cos that's 6ft if u stand ur luggage upright is it as tall as u? which I doubt mine too was the big box but all airline maximum dimension isw158cm according to IATA rules.

Oh! Thanks. Its not at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Graviton2:

Agree to loan me the TRV for a day, then we can talk about holding for maybe another Year Month. grin

Your TRV is sure...just beef up your sponsor's account but remember to leave no stone unturned.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mbasam: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

Oh! Thanks. Its not at all.
please is it possible that one who could'nt pay online to pay by othermean to pay after submitting the applijcation online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

do u have ur TRV already? am also at niagara college Niagara on the lake campus I can help u with accommodation cheap and reasonable one but be quick bout it
Baba I still they wait oo 15th day after medicals and no reply. I don tire o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ahyotomiwa: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bolaji y u dey worry for 15days na...ppl with 7weeks after medical dey na...dey wud ans soon.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yungmilio2(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
just joining the train observing till 2018 l God bless everyone on this thread Regards to the HODs and DEANs of this thread

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyxpebbles: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

158cm is not 6ft, its about 5ft +
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
Did any of you who did medical ask for a copy of ur medical results? I read from CIC that you can request for it. Did anyone actually do this? And were u given?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Thanks in advance bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Someone requested for it at IOM on the day of medicals and he was told that he couldn't get it and it was for CIC's use only. Maybe there's a process for requesting it sha since you say CIC says you can
berexio1:
Did any of you who did medical ask for a copy of ur medical results? I read from CIC that you can request for it. Did anyone actually do this? And were u given?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ajibade105:

Thanks in advance bro
I have sent it. You haven't seen it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
Bolaji y u dey worry for 15days na...ppl with 7weeks after medical dey na...dey wud ans soon.
Abi, que sera. Make I just comot canda for my head, all these mood no good for exams. All the bests

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.