Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters (39836 Views)

Kindness Okpe, 22-Year-Old SSA To Obaseki, The Edo State Governor (Photos) / Buhari’ll Sign 2017 Budget, Osinbajo’ll Take It From There – Ita Enang / Senator Ita Enang Arrives Senate With The Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Happiness87(f): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2015

Ita Solomon Enang (born 23 August 1962) is the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to President Muhammadu Buhari on National Assembly Matters (Senate). He is a Nigerian politician who represented the Itu and Ibiono Ibom Federal Constituency of Akwa Ibom State in the House of Representatives from 1999 to 2011. He was elected Senator for the Uyo (North East) Senatorial District of Akwa Ibom in the 2011 Federal elections.

Senator Ita Enang was appointed as the SSA to President Muhammadu Buhari on National Assembly Matters (Senate) on 27 August 2015.

Background

Ita Solomon Enang was born on 23 August 1962. He attended the Presbyterian Teachers Training College, Ididep, Akwa Ibom State (1974-1979). He was admitted to the University of Calabar, Calabar in 1980 where he read Law, graduating in 1984. He went on to the Nigerian Law School, Lagos and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1985. He then entered private practice with his own law firm.

Political career

Enang became a councilor in 1987, and a member of the Akwa Ibom State house of assembly in 1992. He was elected to the House of Representatives in 1999. He served three terms as a member of the House of Representatives. His election to represent the Ibiono Ibom/Itu Federal Constituency in April 2007 was nullified in December 2007 by an Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Uyo. He was eventually reelected on 20 January 2010.

Enang worked toward abolition of the onshore/offshore dichotomy, ensuring that his state of Akwa Ibom became the highest earner of oil revenue in the country. As the federal representative for Itu/Ibiono, Enang was appointed Chairman of the House Committee on Business and Rules.

In 2011, He won a controversial elections into upper chamber and served from 2011-2015 as Chairman of the House Committee on Business and Rules. He decamped to APC, when he could not get a return ticket to senate under PDP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ita_Enang

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Happiness87(f): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Is he competent for the job, emphatically Yes! Coupled with the fact that he has served in National Assembly for 16years, left without any form of sandal
However, Ita Enang is a very selfish, unprincipled and greedy politician. who has been in PDP for over 16years could get an appointment just joining APC 5 months ago.
I met an indigene from his place, this is what he has to say,

[b]‘As a proud indigene of Itu Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State that Ita Enang has been "representing" since 1999, I know how unpopular he is. Ita Enang is known and celebrated in Abuja but hated at home. He has never won in a free and fair election. Effective representation is more than speaking fanciful and seductive English in Abuja without more; it encompasses defending the interests of the constituents..
Ita Enang is claiming that he has given out scholarships to his constituents and that he will never be tempted to publish names of the beneficiaries. But that is a big lie. Throughout my university days in the Faculty of Law, University of Uyo, I never heard of any such scholarships.
I did not just passed through the university, the university passed through me. So there is no way such scholarship scheme would have existed for students of my constituency that Ita Enang has been "representing" for the past 15 years without my knowledge.
Though on principle I do not accept scholarship grants from politicians and the government, I would have at least knew one beneficiary of Sen. Enang's scholarship scheme.
Ita Enang is completely out of touch with his constituents.

What a wicked, hypocritical and shameful cacophony of an expired politician! Our people are no fools, they know that his vituperations are self-centered and utterly frivolous. We cannot carry placards for him because he was never, he is not, and will he will never be our hero. Let him suffer the afflictions brought on him by the ghost of stewardship.’’ He said. [/b]

It is also on record that Ita Enang has not helped anyone from the state get any job at Federal level, nor help attract Federal project to Akwa Ibom State. No Akwa Ibom Indigene has a good record of him. Even in his home church, he wont make any meaningful contribution or donation, knowing full well the amount of resources assembly men are paid monthly which he did collect for 16 good years.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by slimmyjimmy(m): 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Em em em

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Tonnniey: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Congratulations
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by ibe9ja: 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Criminal Look.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by powerfulsettingz: 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Space booked
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by jimfend: 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Am trying to figure what kind of attire is it that he is putting on

Here's my top 11 windows 10 features http://viewslog.com/discussion/102/i-have-just-upgraded-to-windows-10-here-my-top-11-features

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by 5starmilitant: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Oh no! Buhari please continue with your northern appointments na......... Most of us 5% love it cos we already gave up on u since day one.......but do us the favor of appointing only ur northern brodas, let dem be in control till 2019. Please show no mercy to the slaves in your 95%.
I know you're an illiterate, but try and do the needful for ur brodas.

#Just heard some masturbaters are already putting on the wailing amour........#una welcome o

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ok, can he advise the president to look into their allowances

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by mytime24(f): 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dity game

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by driy65(m): 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
sotherners here comes ur 5%. una neva see anything una vote am na# dauradullard.After d gworo chewin dullard finish with una d 5% go turn precentage error +0.001%.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by bigerboy200: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=Happiness87 post=37407660][/quote]
dubbed from sahara reporters..give credits at least..chaai

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by missKiffy(f): 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Southerner
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by gennykdb(m): 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Sweetguy25: 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Still waiting for Buhari to achieve something important. . .

5 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Eluwilussit(m): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Did the op actually ask if he's competent? A man that rose from councillor to Senator? That's a square peg in a square hole, if u ask me. Good move.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by tobtap: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
ok
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Well well well
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by ademoladeji(m): 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
#Wailers #Notherners

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
all are the same
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by 5starmilitant: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
ademoladeji:
#Wailers #Notherners

Hey you can't be a masturbater, and a wailer at the same time.......... Well Ur name has already defined who you are.......... lipsrsealed

Proudly 5% though grin

5 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by JAMANZE: 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Make sure you use this office to revert the injustice done to the Niger delta. 83% of our oil blocks to the north is not beans. yet poverty remains there and in buhari mind they are the only people with credibility to do the job yet they cant share their wealth

5 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by odinese(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
I..
Talku talku where are they

Is this gentleman from northern Nigeria?...

Mtchewww.. Nigerians will never learn, PDP have been scamming Nigeria since over 4decades now but some illiterates nigerians will never learn...

I'm pretty sure that alot of nairalanders have not travelled out of the country to see how real life, if u come back u will know u are really shuffering n shmilling in naija
Ciaô

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by osaslord500(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hv meet him before.
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by millionboi(m): 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari no try

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by mohisi: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
driy65:
sotherners here comes ur 5%. una neva see anything una vote am na# dauradullard
no mind all those dudu they say APC na boko haram party and they wnt be part of boko haram they never see anything their eye go soon clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Hysmady(m): 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
There is hope for 9ja
Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by rooftech: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
The most useless appointment buhari can give south south,a very wicked selfish politician.while original APC are suffering.too bad.

9 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Allee90: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thank God he is not Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by agbalej(m): 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
After serving for long under PDP regimes, now he has defected to APC, and also rewarded. Does he still have the moral right to be shouting 'CHANGE' and expect me to listen? SELFISH----------another word to describe Nigerian politicians.

9 Likes

Re: Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters by Autolord: 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
We are waiting for the ministerial list baba body language No direction, no policy.....from Go slow to standstill and body language

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” / 2023: Atiku Considers Ihedioha As Running Mate / #EkitiDecides 2018: APC Wins Fayose’s Local Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.