Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men (698 Views)

9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' / Ex-Military Officer In Bauchi Celebrates Buhari's One Year In Office / Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 28, 2015
One key justification the resident APC dolts like to use to explain their principal's lopsided appointments is the supposed competence and integrity of the appointees. However a cursory look at each of the appointees would show otherwise.
SGF Babachir Lawal-Until his appointment Babachir was the APC Vice Chair North East and a career politician who is a major ally of corrupt ex governor Murtala Nyako. For such a strategic position one wonders how the fellow would have trumped a Fashola or Onu both well educated and seasoned technocrats with proven records. Plus with his ties to Nyako he can't be said to be clean.

Col Hamid Ali Customs CG- Notorious bigot who served under Abacha's dictatorship and was on the kangaroo tribunal that sentenced Ken Saro Wiwa to death. He is supposedly "incorruptible " yet he was a major player in Abacha's junta and a hawkish secretary of the Arewa Consultative Forum.

Suleiman Kawu, SSA NASS. A frequent brawler on the floor of the House compensated for stepping down for Ganduje in the APC Kano gubernatorial primaries.

Abba Kyari is the only one with something close to an impressive resume.
So tell me how this military relics are more competent than the Fayemis, Onus, Fasholas who were touted for these roles.
They are just a bunch of gworo chewing abokis. So much for competent technocrats.

None of them can elicit confidence from investors, Sole quality is probably their ability to speak Hausa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 28, 2015
As in ehnn... d Buhari himself... well

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by Str8twistedme: 3:11am On Aug 28, 2015
In English language

"Old wine in a new bottle"
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by gaetano: 3:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Military Hangover
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by MikelEleta(m): 5:04am On Aug 28, 2015
Let me wait for other comments before I comment. I think have made my view very clear in other post. I don't support Buhari on dx dou.
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by AustineE1: 7:16am On Aug 28, 2015
@Op,well said!
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by themilanway(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2015
If appoints Fashola,Fayemi,Ngige,Onu,Amechi

Its same you that will dig out dirts about them and go to town shouting.

You even said its"only"Kabiyir that is"close"to something decent.

That says a lot about what you would have done if he had appointed the afore mentioned names.

All I want is a better Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by EastLebanon(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2015
That's the change you craved for,so stop complaining.
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by otukpo(f): 7:26am On Aug 28, 2015
I still dey look.
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by arewafederation: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2015
themilanway:

That says a lot about what you would have done if he had appointed the afore mentioned names.

Don't mind them joor..... I enjoy the wailing sounds created by the mischief makers.
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are Largely Incompetent Old Ex Military Men by phyllosilicate(m): 7:27am On Aug 28, 2015
themilanway:

This is the truth, Fashola and Amechi were hunted just because of appointments. I laugh when Amechi had to say he don't like money just to get appointment.

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Pmb's Appointments So Far. / Did You Do This While Growing Up (pics) / Ministerial List: Buhari Submits 40 Names To DSS, DMI & NIA For Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.