Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (50356 Views)

700+ Churches Shut Down By Government / Authorities Shut Down 700 Noisy Churches In Rwanda / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by advocates: 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
shizzy7:
with ALL THE PRAYERs WE'VE been praying for years

Why is Nigeria still stagnant??
with so many criminals everywhere
You will never know the level of chaos the country would have been plunged into if not for CHRISTIANITY. You need to be spiritual discern to appreciate that Christianity remains the preservative of what remain of this country. I also believe that the gains of every prayer prayed will restore the glory of the nation, this is how faith works. We don't look at the presence and its circumstances and conclude that out prayers are unanswered. Beside, what are you doing as a Christian to better the life of people around you? because at the end of the day, it will amount to an individual work and not what we do collectively as a church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by ndigbo: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
End Time Signs oh...Before u know,they'll stop us from from going to church... Iránu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.

I am sure you a one of those religious bigots.
These churches and mosque(s) make so much noise that one begin to wonder, if they don't realize that they are seated on resident streets.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Olayinka8793(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Vince77:
oh really. He was really determined.
exactly bro.

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by EternalBeing: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
AntiChrist is coming gradually, this is preview. Some Christians are still getting carried away by fake worldly enjoyments. Freedom to worship true GOD will soon become a thing of the past, by then I would have been be outta here IJN.
Welcome to the new world!
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by TOOTSIEPOOPSIE(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
End Time Signs oh...Before u know,they'll stop us from from going to church... Iránu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.
well, just so you know clubhouses uses sound-proof walls so they don't disturb other people but those churches could be crazy at times I'm surprised I didn't even see CAC agbala itura on that list sef
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by ttmacoy: 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
What had all the numerous number of churches, revivals and night vigils done for Nigeria?

Everything is still upside down. We have turned religion into something else in Nigeria and it has made us very very lazy. Waiting for miracles and for God to do everything while we spent our time praying.

Arbiola:
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by teekay213(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Dear,the major reason God sent us to earth,is to broadcast,evangelize and the most important,win souls to his kingdom...... Why don't they go and shut down all those club houses... Why Churches?
For all I care,all the houses in Nigeria could be demolished, and churches built.... What Nigeria really needs now is Prayer,Prayer and Prayer!!!!!!
are u serious?seriously,how old are you?i know u're a youth but from what u said,i can see that u sleep and wake up in church while u should use ur youthful strength to hustle and make it in life.for me, God created me to do exploit.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Dear,the major reason God sent us to earth,is to broadcast,evangelize and the most important,win souls to his kingdom...... Why don't they go and shut down all those club houses... Why Churches?
For all I care,all the houses in Nigeria could be demolished, and churches built.... What Nigeria really needs now is Prayer,Prayer and Prayer!!!!!!

brova, the truth be told, some churches are really now a disturbance to humanity, they'll have a total number of like 10 speakers in the church and then erect like 15 deafening speakers outside.
clubs don't really disturb their neighbourhood, when most of their operation is underground or innhouse.

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by savodway(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
honeric01:
Lagos (AFP) - Authorities in Nigeria's financial capital Lagos have shut down churches across the city after a glut of complaints over noisy worship.

The chaotic megacity's environmental protection department said it had sealed off 22 premises on Wednesday after receiving dozens of calls a day, according to local newspaper reports.
Come to ma area here in akure, d church in ma street na die their pastor no dey tire almost everyday crusade, their noise don make sum people commot for da area, abeg make ondo state government cum help us do sumthin on it
Neighbours of one church -- Jesus Our Lord Divine Catholic Prayer Ministry -- said they were constantly disturbed by a congregation of mainly pregnant women, young mothers and their children.

"On my phone alone, I get 20 SMS on a daily basis," said Adebola Shabi, head of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, according to the national daily New Telegraph.

"In the next five years, if there is no stringent policy on the siting of religious houses, there will be problem."

Constant noise -- from the the thumping beats of loud music, the beep of car horns and the noise of generator engines -- is the soundtrack to Lagos life and is seen by many as part of its charm.

But residents are complaining in unprecedented numbers that they can barely hear themselves think among the churches and mosques where giant loudspeakers pump out religious messages and music.

Officials receive around 50 telephone calls and 20 text messages a day complaining about noise, mostly from churches, the New Telegraph said.

"With the enforcement today, we would have sealed about 55 premises because the last enforcement we carried out, we shut 33 premises," Shabi told reporters.

"I gave approval for closure of 22 premises today, making 55."

Religion is big business in Lagos, a city of around 20 million which has seen more than 6,000 traditional and alternative places of worship spring up in recent years, according to the authorities.

Shabi said the churches would be allowed to reopen after paying fines starting at 50,000 naira ($250, 225 euros).

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-shuts-down-churches-over-noisy-worship-142621276.html

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

I don't understand why people are liking this post, it shows a backward thinking level of a lot of Nigerians, it's not right world wide to have churches situated so close to residentual building as whenever there is a vigil or sunday level, a lot of noise would be heard all over, it disturbs the neighbours and other occupants, churches and mosques should be built to stand alone so people don't get uncomfortable just because of one religious body, remenber not everyone is a christian, like for instance on lagos island, a friends house has a mosque build right between his building and the next, so close that you can the walls of the mosque now whenever they shout out to pray early in the morning, it gets really lous and wakes others up as they use a microphone, common sense should tell you guys that, that isn't right but because we are so 'religious' we don't care about other peoples comfort.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by ttmacoy: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
No what Nigeria needs now is people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard for the good of the country rather than remain selfish an always looking for shortcuts.

We have prayed enough in Nigeria please. Prayer has made us intellectually lazy.

Nigerians are hypocrites. Most likely us are in church because of expected blessings and miracles rather than because we are true Christians. Even Jerusalem which can lay claim to where Jesus was born do not make as much noise and nuisance as we do. Overdo in everything and yet nothing works.

This article by Ofilispeaks.com say it very well.

http://ofilispeaks.com/greatprayer/

It is Nigeria you will see people pray and expect blessing on sin. I will pass my exam IJN even though I just paid for expo.

Arbiola:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by gbemoh: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Guess we mistaken hangout bars for clubs, all clubs in nigeria (registered ones at least) are soundproof, noise pollution needs to be curbed, The sanction should not be biased though, it should cut across all religions
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
As much as I believe in the worship of God, I believe it should not be done at the detriment of others. Jesus himself never did overnight teaching to disturb everyone from relaxing. Besides, see all the evil in Nigeria. . . its just like a small child that is disobeying his father and yet continues to sing daddy I love you up and down

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
perfect
ttmacoy:
No what Nigeria needs now is people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard for the good of the country rather than remain selfish an always looking for shortcuts.

We have prayed enough in Nigeria please. Prayer has made us intellectually lazy.

Nigerians are hypocrites. Most likely us are in church because of expected blessings and miracles rather than because we are true Christians. Even Jerusalem which can lay claim to where Jesus was born do not make as much noise and nuisance as we do. Overdo in everything and yet nothing works.

This article by Ofilispeaks.com say it very well.

http://ofilispeaks.com/greatprayer/

It is Nigeria you will see people pray and expect blessing on sin. I will pass my exam IJN even though I just paid for expo.

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by llaykorn: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol...I have no problem with such literally works...

i am atheistic not an anti-theist or religion. . So rather any piece of writing whether with a religious tilt is always an enjoyment to me not torture

So in a literally work i read and sieve the part that is useful to me and agrees with my reason. . after all i was still theistic when i read that e-book...lol...wink

You definitely can't imagine the height of the astonishment I felt after poring over the preface alone (took about 23.3349 hours). Firstly, I never expected to get a piece that had so much of fanatical theism hidden it's pages from you. Secondly, the language of the author was just too marvelous; it had me blown away!

And, prepare your next batch Johnny, as I'm wrapping that piece up in a few days. grin
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by favourlove1: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
In Dubai churches exist but you would hardly hear any noise the reason is because they use sound doors n widows. Church owners in Nigeria could toe that line. Noise pollution is an environmental hazard n should not be encouraged.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by sanitylord: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]In my sister's neighbourhood in Umuahia there were up to 10churches all packed within a yard of each other.

The noise and bangs from bands and loud speakers were deafening. . the worst of it all is that the churches were all located next to each other and one could not help but wonder how they hear what the pastors are saying with all the noise,;bangs and shouts coming from the other churches .

My sister's neighbourhood was a sleep Armageddon cus sleeping in the night was another story from the noise of night vigils at night.

Sundays were more noisy than bombs sounding in the war front and one can't even discern what exactly they are saying because all the noise, bangs and shouts are mixed up.

I highly commend the government and hope they do more to tone down such noise pollutions, am sure we have this thing called "Noise pollution"

Everyone has the right to worship as they deem fit but one should always consider when your right becomes a problem for other people and a detriment to their own rights.

We are all part of the society and each of our actions has effects (positive or negative) on others
[/b]

i guess we should call that street "church street' just like "bank street"..lol

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by iukpe: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
I think they should be checked. One of the most disturbing thing is that you cant understand a thing they say most times.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by mrkel(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
Churches in the right sense of it ought to be sited in isolated area where there is less human concentration. It is only in Nigeria were there is no clear-cut measures to fragment our city into residential and industrial area. It is wrong for churches to be erected in residential areas with high population density. The noise that is generated in the course of their activity is enough to make sane minds to lose their sanity.

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Arbiola u are a confused radical cherubim and seraphim, u dont care abt others, ppl like u rot in hell
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Fearcom(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
experimentist:
Good.. close all the gadem churches. Jesus is not lord!

Hold Up on that Last Statement ! Even though I'm not opposed to the idea that a lot of churches make a lot of noise, you can keep your personal convictions, as well as your beliefs (or unbeliefs) to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Johnysky(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
llaykorn:

You definitely can't imagine the height of the astonishment I felt after poring over the preface alone (took about 23.3349 hours). Firstly, I never expected to get a piece that had so much of fanatical theism hidden it's pages from you. Secondly, the language of the author was just too marvelous; it had me blown away!

And, prepare your next batch Johnny, as I'm wrapping that piece up in a few days. grin
You know most people mistake atheist to mean anti-anything religion or anti-theism.

The book is a well written one with a lot of historical wealth though i have it more than 2years now. . I have no problem with the writers claims on God and creator stuff as long as it's no detriment to the knowledge the book holds. . i love the part about greek culture more...i am not bigoted so i have no problem with such books...it may interest you that i have quran, bible, hindu works, books on greek gods, igbo mythology, gnostic gospels and many other religious texts on my e-book collections

Anyway get on with it, you might get more before you finish this one.. grin
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Johnysky(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by notoriousbabe: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Abeg na who help me see vickyrotex omo iya oniru? grin
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well, do i blame the Government? No!

The rate at which pastors establish churches today is very alarming & disturbing. They should be checked

good job

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by God2man(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
They should ban all brothels in Lagos. Why? They are indirectly polluting the spiritual lives of Lagosians.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
advocates:
A perfect moment for church haters to gloat over. I don't suppose you are a Christian or understand the basic of Christianity hence your uncharitable comment.
So it is Christain to disturb other people in name of prayer when Christ said do not be like the pharisees?

FYI I have nothing to do with Christainity but i have all things to do with Christ.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by experimentist: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
Fearcom:

Hold Up on that Last Statement ! Even though I'm not opposed to the idea that a lot of churches make a lot of noise, you can keep your personal convictions, as well as your beliefs (or unbeliefs) to yourself.
hey nigga, why you quoting me nigga.. get out my face nigga.. aight nigga? bye nigga..
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Samunique:
I think there should be a law banning the use of meggaphone ( external loud speakers) bcs shutting churches and getting them to pay fine may lead to chaos in the state considering our level of religiousity in naija.

However, i wouldn't want my fellow Christians to see this as an attack on the church but rather as a way to put our excesses in check as God's people who are commanded to be moderate in and peaceful in all things.

Follow peace with all men...

You are the light of the world, peace ambassadors!!!

Shallom !!!

I like you already grin you dey make sense!

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:

Lol, evangelize to who?

Satan incarnates?

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Fearcom(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
experimentist:
hey nigga, why you quoting me nigga.. get out my face nigga.. aight nigga? bye nigga..

I'm quoting you because whether you think Jesus is Lord or not ISN'T the issue here. The issue is based on churches built in residential areas making a lot of noise. Stick to the topic please! Thank you!! Bye!!!
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by fragile96: 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
I read some comments and I weep in my heart cry

FATHER PLEASE FORGIVE DEM FOR THEY KNW NOT WAT THEY R SAYING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My ATM Card's Security Code Is 666 / How Has Prophet TB Joshua's Ministry Touched Your Life? / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As A Beggar: The Real Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.