Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! (5239 Views)

New Tecno Camon CX Update Now Allows You To Move Apps To External Sdcard / How To Hide Files In Sdcard Easily In Android Phones / How Can I Move Apps To External Sdcard On My Alcatel Pixi 3 Tablet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
I tried to partition my 32GB memory card for link2sd to work with it.
I followed all the steps and procedures and it was successful. I now inserted it in my phone only to find out the memory has changed to 1.99TB . This is so confusing. Maybe I have damaged my SD or is that how it should be..?
Meanwhile, my link2sd still couldn't recognise the second partition.
please, anybody with experience on this should help me out.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by lordm(m): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sign of the end time

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
lordm:
Sign of the [/b]end time[b]

1 Share

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Tkadprince(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:
I followed all the steps and procedures and it was successful. I now inserted it in my phone only to find out the memory has changed to 1.99TB . This is so confusing. Maybe I have damaged my SD or is that how it should be..?
Give steps on how you did it, and let see d 1tb stuff in picture
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
Tkadprince:

Give steps on how you did it, and let see d 1tb stuff in picture

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
wat did you say is the problem COs I'd person thing turn two NA blessing before ooo. you now have a larger mmc so y the complain?

2 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Deshannel(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
If it is still working and can really accommodate data worth 1tb or even half of it, then you should be happy, instead of complaining.

1 Like

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Deshannel:
If it is still working and can really accommodate data worth 1tb or even half of it, then you should be happy, instead of complaining.

How can I be happy when it did not solve my problem.
I want to be able to transfer apps to my SD as internal memory is running low, even with 1.80 TB, i still can't.
And where will I use it, it will blow up my phone and even my laptop Couldn't open it.
It's as good as useless.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by femi4: 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Everything na mega mega
Na mega mega

I asked for 32gb
E give me 1T

6 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by rattlesnake(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:
32GB Is 2000 naira undecided
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Youngpo413: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
MERLIN memory card.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:
Bro can you give me the steps you did please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by kobosmalls: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
lordm:
Sign of the end time
LOL
Funniest sh1t ive heard all day!

1 Like

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by kobosmalls: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:
If u really want to swap ur internal with the external memory on your android device, i would advice you to do it in the global environment.
Get a file explorer that can read the root of your internal memory and locate your "Vold.fstab file".
mount your device memory to read and write with that file explorer and edit the Vold.fstab file to the way you want. Always make sure to keep the original Vold.fstab file backed up or save it on another memory stick or ur pc so u dont mess up ur phone.
Please make sure you google how to swap the memory of ur exact phone memory before you try this.
This is very risky but its easy to do.
If you use this procedure u wont worry about changing your memory everything you restart the device.
Insert your sd card into another device or cpu to check what the memory shows.
It is possible that u have allocated the wrong memory size to your sd card while you tried the swapping.
Nothing is wrong with your sd card.
THe card should be atleast a class 10 sd card for the swapping to work perfectly.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by bigtt76(f): 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
abeg share the steps it could be a hack for us all to follow grin try loading tons of movies from ur laptop on it and see if it accommodates more than 32GB grin

1 Like

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
bigtt76:
abeg share the steps it could be a hack for us all to follow grin try loading tons of movies from ur laptop on it and see if it accommodates more than 32GB grin

Anytime I try to post it, I get unexpected error.. I don't know what is blocking it from posting.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ifeanyi4491:
Bro can you give me the steps you did please

I used minitool partition wizard. Inserted my SD to my laptop and located it with minitool partition wizard. I clicked on the first partition and deleted it. Then I created new one by right clicking and selecting Create.
I selected primary in the "create as" , and FAT32 in the "file system".
Then I unallocated 197.7GB from 2046GB and remaining was 1849GB. I then clicked OK.
On the second partition, I clicked on the unallocated space and selected create.
I also selected primary in the create as, and Ext2 in the file system, then OK.
I then clicked apply and waited for it to load.
It was successful.

I then installed link2sd, and granted root permission. But I didn't see the "select system for your sd", and the second partition was not found..
All I saw was 1.80TB memory.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
rattlesnake:
32GB Is 2000 naira undecided

For sale, N15,000
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
kobosmalls:

If u really want to swap ur internal with the external memory on your android device, i would advice you to do it in the global environment.
Get a file explorer that can read the root of your internal memory and locate your "Vold.fstab file".
mount your device memory to read and write with that file explorer and edit the Vold.fstab file to the way you want. Always make sure to keep the original Vold.fstab file backed up or save it on another memory stick or ur pc so u dont mess up ur phone.
Please make sure you google how to swap the memory of ur exact phone memory before you try this.
This is very risky but its easy to do.
If you use this procedure u wont worry about changing your memory everything you restart the device.
Insert your sd card into another device or cpu to check what the memory shows.
It is possible that u have allocated the wrong memory size to your sd card while you tried the swapping.
Nothing is wrong with your sd card.
THe card should be atleast a class 10 sd card for the swapping to work perfectly.

Thanks for the tip.. So how can I restore it to its normal 32GB.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by amparas(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
1 chance
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by ddjay: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
solution; what you want is 32gb abi,simple, sell that 1tb,will go for nothing less than 100k/200k,den remove 5k and buy new 32gb.if you feel me,den start it as a business

2 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Ifeanyi4491(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
ddjay:
solution; what you want is 32gb abi,simple, sell that 1tb,will go for nothing less than 100k/200k,den remove 5k and buy new 32gb.if you feel me,den start it as a business
you must be igbo man

2 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
ddjay:

Why haven't I thought of that.. I will order plenty SDcards from jumia. Then load them with TB's, then sell them at OLX, it will make headline.
Then in no time, Jumia will Contact me. I will partner with them, Then I will be supplying to them at a very cheap rate, then Konga. Then I will go international, partner with Souq , Ebay, Amazon.. Then I will open my own merchandise, and then be famous.....

8 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by kolomax(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:

Why haven't I thought of that.. I will order plenty SDcards from jumia. Then load them with TB's, then sell them at OLX, it will make headline.
Then in no time, Jumia will Contact me. I will partner with them, Then I will be supplying to them at a very cheap rate, then Konga. Then I will go international, partner with Souq , Ebay, Amazon.. Then I will open my own merchandise, and then be famous.....
ogaaaa wake up

4 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by write2obi(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:

Ermmm Joseph wake up beans don don grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by martineverest(m): 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
video of the sd card changing or else. . .......
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by symbianDON(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
winch winch memory card grin grin grin
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by luvlyoracle(m): 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin grin
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Judek2(m): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
write2obi:

Ermmm Joseph wake up beans don don grin

2 Likes

Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by kobosmalls: 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Judek2:

Thanks for the tip.. So how can I restore it to its normal 32GB.
Uninstall the app that u used for the swapping and i think that should do it.
If it doesnt then YOu have been blessed with more disk space.
Or the app may have modified ur vold.fstab file and the best way to change this is to do what i told u and restore the backup which the app must have created inside your root folder.
Re: My 32GB Sdcard Changed To 1.99TB. Help!! by Vizzim: 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
Abeg I fit change my 2gb to 1.99TB won't b bad. Help abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Phone Chargers Are Best ? / Wats D Best Game On Ur Fone Or Dat Uve Eva Playd On Ur Fone / Checkout This Browser That Pays You For Just Using It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.