Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? (32794 Views)

BBNaija: Tobi And Cee-C Finally Reconcile, Hang Out Together (Photos) / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / #fortyfied: 2face Pleads With Don Jazzy And D’banj To Make One More Hit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
He needs to start living like a star and clean up his environment. I don't really like the kind of place he received Bono at all! What is wrong with the Nigerian environment that can't be fixed? Oh, please!!! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by dammiecool(m): 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
I don dey read dis Kain article since 2012, n I guess Una go write am till end of time.

Bad belle is allowed

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by duduade: 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hang up kini...? D banj hung it up the second he was allowed to be brainwashed by Kanye and he decided to part ways with Don Jazzy Baba............
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Donemc(m): 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
Since d banj sang feeling the nigga na there i count am off cus the song wowo.. And he done notice am go start koko garri business.. Wish wel as he start the garri business.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by kayo80(m): 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Aikayy:

Dude, feeling the Nikka is Akon's song.

Dude, before the remix with akon came out, the solo one with d banj was out for about three months. It is a collab with them both. If it was akon's song, why did D Banj's version (Solo) come out first?
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by kayo80(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
dammiecool:
I don dey read dis Kain article since 2012, n I guess Una go write am till end of time.

Bad belle is allowed

No mind dem. They keep writing this type of articles, and d banj keeps cashing out...year in year out.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by teflondoncuzo(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
The time has long been over due, bros don flag Tey tey
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by kayo80(m): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
all4naija:
He needs to start living like a star and clean up his environment. I don't really like the kind of place he received Bono at all! What is wrong with the Nigerian environment that can't be fixed? Oh, please!!! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

That wasn't his place...That's Chocolate City office somewhere in Gbagada.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by AAinEqGuinea: 1:27am On Aug 29, 2015
refreshrate:

I guess that means non on your music player
so you see my point?

My video playlist with Dbanj is just fine...

Haters on NL please stop using "DBanj" and "hang it up" in the same sentence. wink
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by ugsams(m): 5:33am On Aug 29, 2015
where i live, Banga lee/Bengali/Bangali no get good name at all...
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by datigbogirl: 6:12am On Aug 29, 2015
Dbanj was never an artiste....he was an Entertainer....he's d only one currently in dat category
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by DedeNkem: 6:27am On Aug 29, 2015
dridowu:
Following the release of his latest single titled Confidential which also features Driis (Idris Elba) and Shadow Boxer, Aribaba of Jaguda.com reviews the song and asks a very important question.

D’banj will forever be a great. A living legend and one of those that paved the way for most of the new artists out here today, but there comes a time when everyone has to bow out. Over the past year, D’banj has released 5+ singles, and with the exception of Feeling The N**** ft. Akon, you can argue that none of them have really hit the mark.

After listening to his new/re-released single, Confidential, I’ve been convinced that it might be time for D’banj to hang it up musically… or at least take a step back, reflect, and possibly make a real comeback. When you’re having to put out songs where the chorus says “I take you to the right spot, dancing on your center of gravity“, or you have lines like “if you’re sitting down, you’re sitting on a long ting, but the only long ting, must be a strong ting, you’re with the kokomaster it’s a fun ting“, it’s really time to hang it up.

Great artists reinvent themselves and adapt with the times. Maybe this could fly in 2008, but in 2015 it’s not working. The beat is decent, but the lyrics killed any kind of goodwill the beat and production might have brought. The other verses by Idris Elba (Driis) and Shadow Boxer are not bad, but nothing wowing!

Like I said earlier, D’banj is one of the greats, and nothing will make me happier than seeing him really mount an epic comeback, but if he continues to release stuff like this, I’m afraid it might be time to hang it up, and go upper management.

http://leadership.ng/entertainment/456876/is-it-time-for-dbanj-to-hang-it-up
lalasticlala

If you don't like his latest singles then you're the one who has problem.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by kayo80(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2015
izzyu:

dude watching videos and listening to music a million times doesnt mean your songs are good or desirable, the jaguda man has said it all. i tell you in the next two years, dbanj will naturally fade away, he's got no lyrics but gimmicks.

As I said earlier, they have been saying this since 2012...Don't worry, 2017 is not far away.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by jorghor(m): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
olumzzz:

Oga I dnt tink so. .. most of his came 4rm d local market and through shows n endorsements. .nt album sales so piracy isn't d issue. ..He just wanted to form international thus forgetting his roots...Went to b under Kanye wen he cud av been far bigger than Kanye..GOOD Music just ain't good 4 him

bros, obaino no let pple rest.
Not everyone is ok with a marketer paying a certain amount and keeping all proceeds from a song.
Dbanj still does shows and gets endorsed and d local market is still there (even though not commercially successful).
Internationally, we can discuss downloads, rights and royalties and also cd sales. Y is every artiste itching to sign on an international label (abi no b dance brymo dance recently on instagram say dem sign am internationally)....

If I was an artiste, I'd gladly work with kanye knowing his reputation of churning out grammy award winning songs for himself and many other artistes. That platform alone reduce work I'd do to push sales
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Elkewwty(f): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
take you to the right spot, dancing on your center of gravity“, or you have lines like “if you’re sitting down, you’re sitting on a long ting, but the only long ting, must be a strong ting, you’re with the kokomaster it’s a fun ting“, it’s really time to hang it up.
Lol grin grin Dude really needs to hang up.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by PEACEbeWithYOU: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
dridowu:
Following the release of his latest single titled Confidential which also features Driis (Idris Elba) and Shadow Boxer, Aribaba of Jaguda.com reviews the song and asks a very important question.

lalasticlala

psquare lyrics from their last album " BABY you are my ecology, you are my biology.............'" I guess its time for PSquare to drop the mic also.

The only 9Ja artistes I've really liked are eLDee, 2face, Asa , jesse jagz and the mixtape M.I.

fact is Nigeria musicians lyrics are naturally wack... i've never really liked dbanj BUT there's nothing dbanj is saying now that he wasn't saying back in the days ( with don jazzy) ,so you guys should quit with the hate already!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coco And Caleb Adaji's Wedding In Dubai (Photos) / Akpororo And His Daughter, Praise Bowoto Pictured In Baltimore / Beverly Osu's Look Without Makeup (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.