Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? (32775 Views)

BBNaija: Tobi And Cee-C Finally Reconcile, Hang Out Together (Photos) / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / #fortyfied: 2face Pleads With Don Jazzy And D’banj To Make One More Hit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by bqlekan(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
He should continue his nonsense style of music.. upcoming artistes are also taking after him. very soon, I won't even have to listen to any music again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by tintingz(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Haters will keep on hating.

Confidential is a nice song, I love it.

D'banj keep it up jare.

See who's talking about lyrics as if Nigeria musicians get good lyrics why picking on D'banj.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by litetias(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
The entertainer!

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by dammytosh: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Broke experts on Nairaland.

If ye hath that good, thou shall not be this broke.

Get a life and stop trolling him.

He was with a star, the thread was changed to a dirty house thread.

Now that he is 'going down' for their mind, they are excited to reply and give advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
dridowu:

Haba wetin i do una ? i am not the writer , i only did copy and paste but my opinin is that he need a break to rediscover himself , he should just focus on his business right now not music.
Don't mind me jare. Just being mischievous wink
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by RexTramadol1: 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Dear D'banj,go and learn apala

Rebrand apala

and package it like ur koko garri!
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by AAinEqGuinea: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
I like Dbanj. He seems like a fun guy.

Dbanj is consistent and confident in his delivery, whether we like it or not. His music has an organic feel to it, he knows where he comes from and you can hear and/or see it in his music. I respect artistes who don't try to be trendy and know their lane.

I'd argue that you're never too old to keep doing what you love. No one can crush the spirit of a lion.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'm a D'banj fan, and i really think he is a good artist. But, he really hasn't been the same without Don Jazzy. This Confidential song confirms he should probably stop singing. I dunno the gibberish Idris Elba was saying. I bet if he used to act his movies like that, he wouldn't be the big star he is now!...The song has a very wonderful entrance beat, but honestly, D'banj just ruined the whole thing...horrendous song. But anyway, when you are a star....you can cough on your record and still sell millions right

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by criuze(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
the highly indebted kokosyncrasy has finally revealed that he's nothing without Don Jazzy

The moral of the story is that if pride leads failure is imminent
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by refreshrate: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
I like Dbanj. He seems like a fun guy.

Dbanj is consistent and confident in his delivery, whether we like it or not. His music has an organic feel to it, he knows where he comes from and you can hear and/or see it in his music. I respect artistes who don't try to be trendy and know their lane.

I'd argue that you're never too old to keep doing what you love. No one can crush the spirit of a lion.

which of his new songs after the separation from that ibo boy do you have on your music player?
why are you deceiving the guy?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by AAinEqGuinea: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
refreshrate:

which of his new songs after the separation from that ibo boy do you have on your music player?
why are you deceiving the guy?

I watch his music videos. Hes grown up to be a cheerily person. He's not trying to cling to some gangsta youth image while in his mid 30s, not feeling compelled to flex endless pseudo alpha male in my face. I have yet to see a Dbanj video with half naked ladies in it. I love the female body too, but I respect his discipline (or maybe it's more Nigeria's censorship).

Dbanj is having fun doing what he loves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Revolva(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Dbanj which living legend......na donjazzy halp his life if not he for de sign fuji

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by lordliri(m): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
DBANJ.. who is the bang There was never a kokomaster without the donbabaJ.. Dbanj as I remember was always empty and full of shallow lines.. Wande was always my favorite.. I don't believe MoHit/Mavin misses DBANJ like the would miss and feel Wande gone.. EOD@DBanj.. he should focus on his KokoGarri
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Banter1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
menix:
OP, Jah Rastafara bless u...
Same thing I noticed and was pondering last weekend thou my suggestion would b he swallows his pride nd goes back to Dorobuchi..

Thou his income frm endorsements won't permit him do that..
must he go back to jazzy? Get over it.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by lordliri(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
I bet some Yoruba family members adviced him in 2012 to dump that Ibo boy since he had gone global.. .. lol.. that Ibo boy makes hit and wiill make more hit till time eternal...

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by jorghor(m): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
I want to believe Dbanj is putting into consideration, his international sales.
piracy is killing our local market here, so he needs to put out a song that pple from other cultures can nod their heads too.
IMO though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by goodgate: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Aitee1:
Busy body people everywhere undecided

Op D'banj we all know, who are you
Thank You. Hungry Boys too want to have opinion
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by goodgate: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
jorghor:
piracy is killing our local market here, so he needs to put out a song that pple from other cultures can nod their heads too.
IMO though
Yeah you get the Drift.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by goodgate: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I watch his music videos. Hes grown up to be a cheerily person. He's not trying to cling to some gangsta youth image while in his mid 30s, not feeling compelled to flex endless pseudo alpha male in my face. I have yet to see a Dbanj video with half naked ladies in it. I love the female body too, but I respect his discipline (or maybe it's more Nigeria's censorship).

Nice One Bro.
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Cyriloha(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
If left hand wash right
right will also wash left a bi

that's is what happens when the right hand starts to tell the left I am the only exception doing almost everything and right from the time biggest have ne c er seen any human that gain a penny from been greedy!!!!!!

is just like us now challenging the owner of nairaland saying after all we are the one doing all the posting and commentaries he will just close it or block us all !!! by then we go be good ....

Dbanj got it all wrong!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by goodgate: 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
dammytosh:
Broke experts on Nairaland.

If ye hath that good, thou shall not be this broke.

Get a life and stop trolling him.

He is with a star, the thread was changed to a dirty house thread.

Now that he is 'going down' for their mind, they are excited to reply and give advice.
Abi ooo everybody sounding like an Expert, yet thier Live Can't even Get Up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by olumzzz(m): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
jorghor:
IMO though
Oga I dnt tink so. .. most of his came 4rm d local market and through shows n endorsements. .nt album sales so piracy isn't d issue. ..He just wanted to form international thus forgetting his roots...Went to b under Kanye wen he cud av been far bigger than Kanye..GOOD Music just ain't good 4 him
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Temimported(f): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
[quote author=DashMeYansh post=37429244][b][i][right][size=10pt][font=Cursive][color=#770077]KANYE WEST GOOD music sucked all the talent outta his long thing. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED :

Dondii kiss[quote author=DashMeYansh post=37429244][b][i][right][size=10pt][font=Cursive][color=#770077]KANYE WEST GOOD music sucked all the talent outta his long thing. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED :

Dondii
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Shymm3x: 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Haters gonna hate.

You mean the same tune that Idris Elba murked with krio?

That's a catchy tune and at least he's original with his sound.

Err, maybe you need to retire from being an hater and retire ya eardrum as well. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by IamOpemipo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Lol..stop mentionin don jazzy mofos, he makes more money than the whole mavin put 2geda..

And tribal bigots, yoruba artist made ur 4kin don jazzy..go bak and get the mohit/mavin picture.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by madjune(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
KINDLY VOTE FOR MADJUNE IN THE mobilebookshelf write and win COMPETITION WITH THE POETRY ENTRY TITLED-

ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS ( TORMENT OF THE WITCHING TREE)

KINDLY VISIT WWW.MOBILEBOOKSHELF.COM.

LIKE THE PAGE AND PLEASE, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS DULY BEFORE VOTING.

THANK YOU and LOADS OF LOVE AS YOU DO. MUAAHHH!
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by abbey37(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Every attention seeker now writes an article about dbanj to gain popularity while dbanj is busy making more money.
Who God has blessed no man can curse
Haters trying hard to bring dbanj down since 2012 he will still be a super star till you face out and your children pick up where you left off your hatred
Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by agborodun: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by refreshrate: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I guess that means non on your music player
so you see my point?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by refreshrate: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
IamOpemipo:
Lol..stop mentionin don jazzy mofos, he makes more money than the whole mavin put 2geda..

And tribal bigots, yoruba artist made ur 4kin don jazzy..go bak and get the mohit/mavin picture.. cheesy

Even Dbanj that youre seemingly defending is asking 'wetin dis one dey talk?'
How can you say this type of thing oga?

Before you resort to argument and abuses, prove what you wrote up there

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Its time Dbanj bows out and runs a record label Like "EMPIRE"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh kid: Minister Tells 7-year-old Rapper To Go Back To School Or Get Arrested / Uche Ogbodo: Doctors Discovered Complications And Blood Sacs In My Stomach” / Davido, Adeleke’s Accounts Were Frozen - Dele Momodu Confirms EFCC Froze Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.