Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra (1143 Views)

Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love And Solidarity With Igbos In The North. / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos) / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Orikinla(m): 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
I never imagined that Hausas would become refugees like Igbos in Biafra during the Nigerian civil war.

The heart breaking photographs of Nigerian Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) at different locations in Nigeria and Refugees in the neighboring countries of Chad, Cameroon and Nigeria look like some scenarios of refugee camps in Biafra during the internecine Nigerian civil war from 1967 to 1970. The only difference is, there is no Kwashiorkor caused by the starvation of children in Biafra.
The Hausas IDPs and refugees are the victims of Boko Haram terrorists who ironically are mostly fellow Hausas making their horrifying nightmares worse, because they never imagined that they would become the targets and victims of their own fellow Hausas.

The following UN report is really heart breaking for anyone with heart, soul and spirit.

[size=18pt]Aid community must scale-up support to troubled Lake Chad region, senior UN official urges [/size]

NEW YORK, 27 August 2015 / PRN Africa / -- A senior United Nations relief official today called on the international community to ramp up its support in response to the multifaceted humanitarian challenges affecting Chad, the seventh largest refugee-hosting country in the world.

“Now is the time for the aid community to scale up its support for humanitarian action, especially for people in the Lake Chad region,” where, “prior to this recent crisis, a quarter of the nation's population needed humanitarian assistance,” advocated UN Regional Humanitarian for the Sahel, Toby Lanzer, at the end of a four-day visit to Chad and the Lake Chad Basin.

In the past few weeks alone, a press release reveals, the worsening security situation in the region forced over 41,000 persons to flee their homes on islands and relocate to safer areas inland.

“Communities witnessed unspeakable atrocities and violence. Entire families are uprooted and now face a very precarious humanitarian situation,” stressed Mr. Lanzer. “Many fled without anything but the clothes on their backs. People do not have access to sufficient potable water or food, are highly vulnerable to diseases, and sleeping under trees.”

The ongoing crisis has put additional pressure on the already stretched resources and livelihoods of both those displaced and the communities that host them. Insecurity is preventing many farmers from accessing their lands on the eve of the harvest season, which represents a lifeline for local communities.

“Some people had to flee their homes a couple of weeks after having planted their crops. The closure of the border between Chad and Nigeria is impeding trade and disrupting ancestral migration routes for herders and cattle. Fishermen too, are deprived of their livelihoods”, Mr. Lanzer continued. “The food security of many families is seriously compromised, much more than usual at this time of the year.”

Humanitarian teams on the ground are supporting Chadian authorities to respond to crucial needs in the Lake Chad basin. However, the volatile security situation and the population movements are challenging the ongoing efforts. In addition to assisting the newly displaced persons who are scattered across over twenty informal settlements and staying with host communities, humanitarian teams must also meet the needs of over 34,000 recently arrived people.

Only 35 per cent of this year's humanitarian appeal for Chad – a total amount of $572 million – has been covered so far. “Without urgent additional financial support, the humanitarian situation in Chad is at risk of seriously deteriorating”, the Coordinator warned.

Over 750,000 displaced persons live in Chad, the majority being refugees or Chadian returnees who fled from the Central African Republic, Libya, Nigeria, and Sudan. Food insecurity affects some 2.4 million people and 350,000 children under five year are at risk of acute malnutrition. The country also has high prevalence rates of malaria, cholera or measles, while maternal mortality rates are among the highest in the world. In addition, Chad is hit by natural disasters, such as droughts and floods.

SOURCE UN News Centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0nT56a-JXU
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by BrightEye(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
That's life...
We are to experience certain situation at a particular time.
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by omoelesa(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
I forsee biafrans in refugee camps again in cameroun.

1 Like

Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by asala1: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
More than 90% of people in those regions are not Hausa. They belong to other minority groups like Kanuris and the Baburs
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by xmich(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
They av not started
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Orikinla(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
omoelesa:
[size=18pt]TUFIAKWA!
I REJECT IT IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF Jesus Christ. Never again!.[/size]

Have you read my "Memories of a Refugee Child"?
My mother of blessed memory lost three of her six children in Biafran IDPs camps.
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by hakeem4(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Okay
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by omoelesa(m): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]TUFIAKWA!

My mother of blessed memory lost three of her six children in Biafran IDPs camps.
With this drum of war being beaten by nnamu kanu.

1 Like

Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
omoelesa:
. remember karma is a bi*tch
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
it would be of benefit to future generations if the individual life experiences of people who survived the Biafra war is collected. Something similar to what the US did with the slave narratives. This will help future generations have a feel of what people passed through instead of having to read all the accounts of the generals who will tilt the story to their favour.
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
omoelesa:
I forsee my family in refugee camps again in benin republic.

1 Like

Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by EasternLion: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Yoruba own go last forever.

Known fact.

1 Like

Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by cjrane: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]TUFIAKWA!

We simply need better military leadership and weapons. Many countries now manufacture weapons which make it easier to access weapons today than in the past. Igbos now inhabit the globe which will help make raising funds for weapons easier and put of Nigeria's reach unlike before. Above all, many Igbo physicists and scientists dot the globe unlike before where we lacked qualified people.not to talk of a litany of Igbos military tacticians in US armed forces who can advise our retired Generals.

We simply need to leave no stone unturned, there must never be any unplanned moves. Everything must be planned by experts in the requisite field.
Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Lordave: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
omoelesa:
You and your mother would first trek from Syria to Guinea and die of Ebola and insatiable thirst for water in a refuge camp before that!

1 Like

Re: I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra by Orikinla(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
cjrane:

We simply need better military leadership and weapons. Many countries now manufacture weapons which make it easier to access weapons today than in the past. Igbos now inhabit the globe which will help make raising funds for weapons easier and put of Nigeria's reach unlike before. Above all, many Igbo physicists and scientists dot the globe unlike before where we lacked qualified people.not to talk of a litany of Igbos military tacticians in US armed forces who can advise our retired Generals.

We simply need to leave no stone upturned, there must never be any unplanned moves. Everything must be planned by experts in the requisite field.

I recommend you read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" and "The 48 Laws of Power" iby Robert Greene.
Then read the Holy Bible.

(1) (Reply)

There Are Only 9,100 Millionaires In Lagos- Research / Bokoharam: UN Security Meeting; Nigeria Gov't Lied- Premiumtimes / Buhari Ministers: IMF Confirms Nigeria Heading For Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.