Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,998 members, 7,952,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

An Awkward Moment At The Office Today - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Awkward Moment At The Office Today (33158 Views)

See Heartwarming Moment Father Consoles His Daughter During Her Wedding (photo) / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Check Out The Killer That Was Killed At My Office Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Royver(m): 4:28am On Aug 30, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....my friend has been married for 7 years.....with 2 kids....has moved to Delta State.... Asaba.... and there were rumours that his neighbour was a bit too close to his wife. I would direct him to this thread....the test results maybe very familiar to him. @OP....you have given more than enough information for the person to be identified. You can now try to cover yourself by saying this is all made up. I guess your mouth has made the local rounds and now decide to take this confidential information worldwide. Did you for a second think about the repercussions your loose lips can cause?...the lives it can severely affect? I wish you get kicked out of the medical field ...but can direct you to another field of employment where your loose lips can be gainfully employed. And we wonder why men are afraid to go do medical check up.
If you like have 50 friends that had similar experience. No names or ages were mentioned hence confidentiality has not been broken.

Direct him immediately. Let's see if his results tally with these or if I indeed saw him and took down this particular history from him. Patiently waiting.

If you have low sperm count be kind to yourself and go for checkup so you can be helped. It's not as bad as you think, solutions abound for infertility. Thank you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by spiralwedge(m): 4:59am On Aug 30, 2015
you can easily spot the impotent men on this thread, the way they are lashing at Royver eh.. na wa o.

Kachisbarbie, thks for that piece. I'm informed now. Never needed to do a test.

Now, pls advise where can i get Vasectomy done in or around Lagos? And like how much?

6 Likes

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by felipemadero(m): 5:19am On Aug 30, 2015
Really awkward grin
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Wendie94: 5:57am On Aug 30, 2015
AreaFada2:

But there could be reasons. Maybe he could not bear to break up the engagement. He said he found out "just" before the marriage. OP should have found out "just how close to wedding" it was. Anyhow paying bad with bad does not cut it.

This is coming from a guy who was once duped by an infertile girl. Wasted two years with her only to find out about 6 months to marriage. From a clinical source. No single doubt. She had destroyed her womb through abortion. One was ready to forgive but for the continued lies and denial by her and her mother. One wanted her to get any possible treatment like IVF and bills no problem. If they just admit and come clean. But they continued the lies. Their dad didn't know of her abortion. As usual mothers and daughters keep these secrets. All they both wanted was just for her to get abroad. So everything had to end.

One funny thing is many people, even educated folks, still regard male infertility to be same as impotence. Very funny hearing it in a clinical setting. grin

In another news: 50% of first born kids belong to another man & 30% of all kids belong to another man. Men's infertility is NOT responsible for all that.
You see its still the same lies & deception that we are talking about, I'm so cautious about how any thing starts because if the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do? I really don't care if he found out on the wedding day, he should have just said it. A broken engagement will always be better than a lie-laded marriage. Gosh! lies just itches my body

1 Like

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Wendie94: 6:04am On Aug 30, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

A standard sperm count is 20million> (per ml), but based on the Nigerian climate/stress level_ 15million(per ml) can pass.

Motility is the speed of the sperm (40%> is viable), how fast does it move( that answers your sluggish question). Here his sperm's motility is 0%_ that means it ain't going nowhere baby. Pregnancy is not achievable.

In a situation where the count is high but motility is a bit low, then the numbers (count) can cover up. His case is a case of 'severe oligospermia'. They sometimes don't get better, except if they try ARTs (IUI, IVF/ICSI...)

Taking zinc and folic acid helps. Then lifestyle is an important factor.
Thanks dear. I learnt.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by jaybee3(m): 6:31am On Aug 30, 2015
@OP

Do you realise it's unprofessional to share confidential patient information online when they can easily identified?
You are giving out far too many key vital stats that can be easily narrowed down to in turn identify the patient.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Sike(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Royver:
So this guy enters my office with a seminal fluid analysis report.
Time collected - 10am
Time tested - 10.15am
Motile 0%
Sluggish 20%
Dead/Immotile 80%
Sperm count 1 million.

I tell him the result and he says there is improvement. Previously Sluggish was less than 10%.

I ask how long he has been managing low sperm count. He said he discovered it just before his marriage of about 7yrs.

I ask if he has ever Impregnated anyone in the past and he tells me no but that he has two kids by his wife. In fact despite his low sperm count he has never had any problem getting his wife pregnant so much so that the wife has gotten pregnant on many other occasions but miscarried. That there were no issues until they moved from their previous neighbourhood to delta state. He recalls his wife and neighbor were very emotional when they left. Since they came to Asaba she has not so much as taken in...

I look at him and he looks slowly back at me as realisation sets in.

Awkward silence.
O ma shey O!
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Sharksblow(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2015
degrees should be given to those who are sane. so u brought someone's case here? what if he's reading this now? anyways, we shall see in the office tomorrow, the CMD must hear about this.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by fairenough: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2015
the beginning of a new era in their family
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by donKonji: 7:05am On Aug 30, 2015
I have a story albeit not too similar to the op's version. A friend of mine during the courtship period was told by his fiancee that she had a brief affair with a married senior colleague at her office before they started dating. She however broke up the relatiinship months before meeting my friend - her fiance. The main issues for him after 3 years of marriage are;
1. He remembered her (at the time of the wedding) asking if she could invite the "man" i.e colleague to their wedding which he vehemently disapproved of at the time
2. 3 years after the wedding, they now have a 2year boy whose complexion is extremely fair - a contrast to the dark skin of both parents. A host of the boy's other features are also in contrast to those of his parents.
3. Having concerns, my friend did some research into his wife's past and discovered that her erstwhile colleague is fair complected and has some other disturbing physical characteristics similar to the boy's.
4. Being perturbed, he has secretly conducted multiple dna tests at several well reputed labs and all results indicate my friend is the father with 99.999% accuracy.

He is however still worried considering the boy looks nothing like him.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by chachanga: 7:08am On Aug 30, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....my friend has been married for 7 years.....with 2 kids....has moved to Delta State.... Asaba.... and there were rumours that his neighbour was a bit too close to his wife. I would direct him to this thread....the test results maybe very familiar to him. @OP....you have given more than enough information for the person to be identified. You can now try to cover yourself by saying this is all made up. I guess your mouth has made the local rounds and now decide to take this confidential information worldwide. Did you for a second think about the repercussions your loose lips can cause?...the lives it can severely affect? I wish you get kicked out of the medical field ...but can direct you to another field of employment where your loose lips can be gainfully employed. And we wonder why men are afraid to go do medical check up.

No Snitching

Stay Coded

Let d good Doc keep enlightening the house

Best let your friend go for a DNA test; Also, think how it'll probably make ya look if ur friend were to eventually turn out the father of those kids cry

Anyway, just tread softly, even though, u hav duty to ensure ur friend doesn't live a wasted life.

Treacherous girls ain't loyal but we gentlemen don't need to be knocking heads over dem, we know many of dem and their silly ways already.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2015
Ishilove:

Can you explain more on the lifestyle factor?

Lifestyle: That's basically what you do everyday and how you do it.
Work/Alcohol/Cigarettes/Hot baths/tight wears/performance and recreational drugs... etc.

Working conditions that makes a man sit for hours isn't good, same with hot work places. Excessive intake of alcohol and cigarettes is bad. Bathing water that is hot enough to skin 'okuko igbo' just because you like it, it's harmattan or raining season is not ideal. Abusing steroids (etc) leaves a longrun negative effect on the sperm.

In a nutshell, everything should be done in moderation or totally cut off. The testicles should be pampered and left at optimum (best) temperature. It may not always apply to every man (some are lucky...some are simply blessed) _ but prevention is better than cure...

@ spiralwedge: I don't know where they do that o. You done born finish? grin
Y'welcome @ Wendie94. We learn everyday, I learnt from my OB/GYN too.

Y'all should calmdown kwanu, the OP is a writer and medical practitioner. This could be fictional, what else would he base his fiction on_ if not his field?
A disclaimer is in place @OP

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Ishilove: 7:25am On Aug 30, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Lifestyle: That's basically what you do everyday and how you do it.
Work/Alcohol/Cigarettes/Hot baths/tight wears/performance and recreational drugs... etc.

Working conditions that makes a man sit for hours isn't good, same with hot work places. Excessive intake of alcohol and cigarettes is bad. Bathing water that is hot enough to skin 'okuko igbo' just because you like it, it's harmattan or raining season is not ideal. Abusing steroids (etc) leaves a longrun negative effect on the sperm.

In a nutshell, everything should be done in moderation or totally cut off. The testicles should be pampered and left at optimum (best) temperature. It may not always apply to every man (some are lucky...some are simply blessed) _ but prevention is better than cure...

So in other words men should keep their balls iced? cheesy

That means buying a standing fan and leaving it in your bedroom. When it is bedtime, set the fan on 'stationary', strip nekkid, open ya legs wide and let the fan blast 'em balls all night long!! cheesy cheesy

Men please take note.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2015
eyinjuege:
I really don't feel any pity for the man. It's obvious he's not the father of those kids. But then again, his marriage was built on lies right before it even took off. He knew he had low sperm count and still went ahead to get married without letting his spouse know.
They both deserve each other.

The poster never said the man didn't tell the wife before getting married , you are the one assuming so.

1 Like

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 30, 2015
Ishilove:

Cheeeeiiii!!! shocked shocked

Some women sef embarassed

The man on his part was living in self deception. He knew in his sub-conscious that you can't father a baby with low sperm count but he opted to live in a fool's paradise. Shior.

After the devil, fear women cheesy grin

Is it too much for your God to do or don't you believe in miracles anymore ?
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by stanisbaratheon: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2015
Some women can be wicked Oo
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Khez: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Thought it has a cure nua?
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Ishilove: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Is it too much for your God to do or don't you believe in miracles anymore ?
Hold on...

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2015
Ishilove:

Hold on...

You want to consult your "lesser" god , go ahead and let's see where it gets you.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Originalsly: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Royver:

If you like have 50 friends that had similar experience. No names or ages were mentioned hence confidentiality has not been broken.

Direct him immediately. Let's see if his results tally with these or if I indeed saw him and took down this particular history from him. Patiently waiting.

If you have low sperm count be kind to yourself and go for checkup so you can be helped. It's not as bad as you think, solutions abound for infertility. Thank you.
You still don't get it....you gave too much information. Stop keep thinking you can relate stuff as long as you don't mention name and age. Didn't you take a confidentiality oath? My issue with you is about confidentiality. On sperm count... high or low sperm count is of little importance in this case. The same happens all the time ...cheating wives getting pregnant for neighbours...whether the husband has high or low sperm count. A man should know he has low sperm count....and should know or find out what to eat to increase his flow. Having a low sperm count doesn't mean he can't impregnate his wife.Personally, there are other checkups that are more important than sperm count check up so I see no reason for all the fuss about it.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by cococandy(f): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2015
That your friend no well. undecided
donKonji:
I have a story albeit not too similar to the op's version. A friend of mine during the courtship period was told by his fiancee that she had a brief affair with a married senior colleague at her office before they started dating. She however broke up the relatiinship months before meeting my friend - her fiance. The main issues for him after 3 years of marriage are;
1. He remembered her (at the time of the wedding) asking if she could invite the "man" i.e colleague to their wedding which he vehemently disapproved of at the time
2. 3 years after the wedding, they now have a 2year boy whose complexion is extremely fair - a contrast to the dark skin of both parents. A host of the boy's other features are also in contrast to those of his parents.
3. Having concerns, my friend did some research into his wife's past and discovered that her erstwhile colleague is fair complected and has some other disturbing physical characteristics similar to the boy's.
4. Being perturbed, he has secretly conducted multiple dna tests at several well reputed labs and all results indicate my friend is the father with 99.999% accuracy.

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by pinkyspice(f): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2015
angry shocked cool
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by sayoberry(f): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
...and I just laughed for the first time today
Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha
*dies *
*pours cold palmwine on Jeff to wake him up*
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2015
sayoberry:

*pours cold palmwine on Jeff to wake him up*

Am awake ooooooo

1 Like

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by DukeNija(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Originalsly:

Oooo pls just shut da fvck up and stop spilling rubbish.

1 Like

Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by ciwi: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
ivyT:

#Wicked

Please is there anywhere the OP mentioned that the man in question did not tell his wife?
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Originalsly: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
donKonji:

Hmmm...that can make him lose sleep....every night! He should not only look at himself and wife...but at his and his wife's family tree....is anyone light skinned?...and does the child have any of their features? Then again....these reputable labs....are they really testing?...or just pushing out positive results? He should take someone's child and go do a DNA test to know if the testing labs are really genuine.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by delishpot: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bad market.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by delishpot: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
AreaFada2:

But there could be reasons. Maybe he could not bear to break up the engagement. He said he found out "just" before the marriage. OP should have found out "just how close to wedding" it was. Anyhow paying bad with bad does not cut it.

This is coming from a guy who was once duped by an infertile girl. Wasted two years with her only to find out about 6 months to marriage. From a clinical source. No single doubt. She had destroyed her womb through abortion. One was ready to forgive but for the continued lies and denial by her and her mother. One wanted her to get any possible treatment like IVF and bills no problem. If they just admit and come clean. But they continued the lies. Their dad didn't know of her abortion. As usual mothers and daughters keep these secrets. All they both wanted was just for her to get abroad. So everything had to end.

One funny thing is many people, even educated folks, still regard male infertility to be same as impotence. Very funny hearing it in a clinical setting. grin

In another news: 50% of first born kids belong to another man & 30% of all kids belong to another man. Men's infertility is NOT responsible for all that.

Did you get a second opinion?

I know a woman who was pregnant and a doctor after doing scan said fetus was dead. No heart beat. Was prepping for a Da d C in 3 days if it doesnt happen naturaly. She and hubby left and went for second opinion and baby was fine. Tiny heart was beating today he is a healthy 10 year old. Why force a girl to accept she had an abortion?

There have been lots of cases where doctors were wrong.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Crieff(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Royver, can you please send your email address to imadof@mail.com please?
I have some questions I'll like to ask. Thank you.
Re: An Awkward Moment At The Office Today by Ishilove: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You want to consult your "lesser" god , go ahead and let's see where it gets you.
Oookay, so I've consulted Amadioha and he says I should ignore you wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / I Lost My Mum In The 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.