Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

PMB Okays Centenary City Project - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PMB Okays Centenary City Project (29148 Views)

Update On Enugu Centenary, Lifestyle And Golf Course City / PMB Okays Centenary City Project / PMB Okays Centenary City Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Demmzy15(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday gave his nod to the Centenary City project after he was briefed by the project’s management team that all the original inhabitants of the project site had already been fully compensated.

[Img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/[/img]
Buhari who spoke after he was briefed by the Chairman of the company’s board of directors, General Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd) and members of its management team said asked them to be giving regular updates on the Centenary City’s development.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, the President praised the Centenary City’s main development partners from the United Arab Emirates for showing enough confidence in Nigeria by entrusting such investment of about $18.5 billion in the project.

Shehu said Buhari also welcomed the assertion by Gen. Abubakar and his team that the project will create about 250,000 more direct jobs in the Federal Capital Territory and about half a million indirect jobs.

President, he added, noted that skills, expertise and vast experience that will be brought the into country to build the Centenary City on the Dubai model will also be of immense benefit to Nigeria’s overall development.

The presidential spokesman also quoted Vice President Yemi Osibanjo who was also present at the briefing as saying the issue of the rights of the original inhabitants of the site acquired for the Centenary City had been of concern to the present Administration.

“We are glad that it is being handled”, Osinbajo said, even as welcomed the assurance that compensation had been paid to those who will be displaced by the project and that the issue of their relocation was being addressed.

Earlier, former head of state, Abubakar and the management of the Centenary City also told President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo that the project will be totally private sector driven.

The Permanent Secretary of the FCT Administration, Mr. John Chukwu who spoke to journalists after the meeting with the president advised Nigerians to always rely on what was in the public domain instead of listening to unfounded speculations.

“I think if you have issues with the Centenary City, the best approach is to talk to those who knows to give you the information, not speculations”, Chukwu stated.

He was apparently reacting to allegation by National Vice Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for South-South, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh that the immediate SGF, Chief Pius Anyim connived with the sponsors of the project to engage in fraudulent deals.

In a petition to the President, Ojougboh called for a probe of the role played by Anyim in the multi-billion Dollar project spanning over 1,500 hectares of land in the Federal Capital territory, Abuja

The Managing Director of Centenary City PLC, Dr. Odenigwe Micheal who also spoke to journalists said they were at the villa to pay courtesy call on the President following the company’s 10th Board meeting on Thursday.

He said, while Centenary City PLC is owned by 40 Nigerians and international investors, its partner, Eagles Hill is sponsored by the sovereign wealth fund which has over $12 m on the management under agreement with the FCDA and other extant agreements.

“We have paid all the interested holders the compensation for the Centenary City site. We are going ahead with their relocation, also being supervised by the FCDA”, he added
http://leadership.ng/news/457004/pmb-okays-centenary-city-project

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by ELTON123(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sips* origin

Who cares?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
Great one there, the poster above me don't worry I care grin

7 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by California30(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Who is Buhari ??
I give no flying fucck about the project.
Na building we go chop ??

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by lifezone247(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
The president has spoken. Confirmed and approved.

5 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by kulobyno: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
I just hope the exercise would be transparent this time

1 Like

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by DeKen: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
Wow. It will be nice to see new administrations continuing good projects of their predecessors even if they are from different parties.
This had often set this country back in the past where new administrations want to undo every thing they can undo and start new ones.

By the way, this is the same project that Ayim was said to have fooled GEJ into signing when it was his personal project, and some folks used the false story to castigate GEJ. I wonder why some people are so eager to throw mud at GEJ. And they even made it sound like the project was funded by govt, but will end up as Ayim's personal property.

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by ladyF(f): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
Good one

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Dalyricz(m): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Help me tell the poster above me that I need a house girl.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by kestolove95(m): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sai baba buhari...
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Sweetlemon(f): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thank you GEJ for the initiative
Sai Buhari!
Sai Nigeria!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
I Know this would happen.

Some people might say it is because it is in the North but I won't say that.

Niger Bridge is on the way already.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Baba is working, slowly but surely.....
Where are the WWA (Wailing Wailers Association) !!! tongue tongue

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by alexy147(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Good..most of these projects were initiated by GEJ..nice one

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by roycegabby(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nice one.....
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by slyng(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ifa ti wi gbolohun
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by StepTwo: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'd rather wait till it's completed before I say nice one

this are usually avenues for stealing

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by demolinka(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
*Holds Wailer's ear* Read am well, NO GOVT FUNDING!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Beehshorp(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Iranu abacha..

Baba go slow abeg send ur guys to come and probe pellegrini
he is seriously misusing funds

2 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Cyriloha(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
ha ha ha ha ha ha it's alright!

2 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by jazinogold(m): 10:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
he has no choice....
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by okawanyi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
Him no get. Choice, his gat to approve it
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Ofodirinwa: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
GEJ Approving the Same Project

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfC4XA8ElkqgH1sIA1FEdaLOgAlMxm89-nvM0TGbq5C8QQjA_M[/img]

Goodluck Jonathan Unveils $18.6bn Centenary City in Abuja

The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan on Tuesday 24th June, unveiled the Centenary City Legacy Project.

A Replicate of Beautiful Attractions In Dubai To Be Birthed in Nigeria
The cost of the economic project situated at Abuja Airport Road which is meant to commemorate the 100 years of the nation’s amalgamation was put at N2.976tr ($18.6 bn).

Jonathan in his remarks described the project that was designed to cover 1,200 hectares of land as a city of hope and elegant as well as a symbol of the nation’s unity.

The Centenary City PLC, a wholly private sector driven company has also partnered with EMAAR group which is supported by the UAE government to build the tallest building in Africa, attracting other projects like Formular 1 Standard racing circuit spanning up to 5.5 km, World Class Amusement parks, and other Tourists friendly projects.

EMAAR Group has to it credit the world’s tallest building which features the world’s first Armani Hotel, Dubai and the World’s highest restaurant. The Dubai Mall – has World’s largest shopping and entertainment destination; and The Dubai Fountain, the world’s tallest performing fountain set in a 30 acre lake.

These and many more are expected to be replicated in Abuja, putting Nigeria on the global map as Africa's tourists destination.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim, said that the city is not a housing project but strictly an economic project.

Anyim said the residential area that would be provided would only complement the business concerns.

He disclosed that the development of the city would be at no cost to the government.

He said the Nigerian Sovereign Wealth Fund Authorities had signed an agreement to co-invest in the project.

Anyim described the project as revolutionary, visionary and transformational.

The Abuja Centenary City when if completed, will be the second-largest private city development in history, and signals a new national economic awakening.

The City will incorporate a free trade zone, duty free regime, tax holidays and non-regulated banking services in an effort to boost trade and investment in Nigeria.

http://www.thenigertimes.com/2014/06/goodluck-jonathan-unveils-centenary-city-in-abuaj.html

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by damlet(m): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nice one (first time to be among d first fifteen to comment on a post on nairaland)thank God
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by iamauxin(m): 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'm worried, everybody is complaining about his recent appointments and he doesn't even give a hoot about the masses...this won't augur well.

7 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by chigoizie7(m): 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
I thought GEJ already approved this same centinary thing.

Nice one though, but I see no season why PMB should take credit of this project. I mean, it was birthed under GEJ and approved under GEJ, even the compensation were still under GEJ, so, what's this fuss about?

Osinbajo, just see your life, because of partisan politics, a pastor and a professor of law can no longer call a spade a spade without fear or favor?, ISORAI, kwanchiniu

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
As far as it is in the North ? Approved.

Second Niger Bridge ? Suspend.

When the the ghost palm ripes, the ghost will pluck it. A word is enough for the wise.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by pharmow: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Count down
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by California30(m): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
If you believe this shiit, you will also believe that the Chibok girls were truly kidnapped.

Dear God.
I pray that $1 will be N600 before December, if i send 200 dollars back home to my family make e last for 2 years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by luckyjoshua(m): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
this is good news indeed. continuity is all we desire to make obvious a vibrant Democratic institution

3 Likes

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by best4momoh(m): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Mighty project. This one is beyond Julius berger.eagerly waiting to see the contractor that will handle the project. Nigeria will be great again.
Sai Nigeria
Sai APC
Sai Baba slow and steady- the best president

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House And Shop Burnt In Ede, Osun, Fire Fighters Motor Destroyed / Review:To Let In Various Locations In Ibadan.with pictures#LATEST / Pictures Of Beautiful Houses From Google Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.