Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,162 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

PMB Okays Centenary City Project - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PMB Okays Centenary City Project (29165 Views)

Update On Enugu Centenary, Lifestyle And Golf Course City / PMB Okays Centenary City Project / PMB Okays Centenary City Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2015
Approve what GEJ has already approved and started. I thought oshomolie in his usual drunk talk said Pius ayim d den SGF stole money meant for dat project. #PMB living GEJ's dream like tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by yomi007k(m): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Do we really need this ?
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by bwatt: 7:44am On Aug 29, 2015
StepTwo:
I'd rather wait till it's completed before I say nice one

this are usually avenues for stealing

lipsrsealed
StepTwo:
I'd rather wait till it's completed before I say nice one

this are usually avenues for stealing

Which money are day now using? Is it the money they recover from previous looters or fresh money? Nigeria politicals ways of steeling is increasing day after day
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by litetias(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if this here is the federal republic of Abuja.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by otokx(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2015
@krucifax

when is the proposed completion date?
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by G12(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2015
California30:
If you believe this shiit, you will also believe that the Chibok girls were truly kidnapped.

Dear God.
I pray that $1 will be N600 before December, if i send 200 dollars back home to my family make e last for 2 years.

grin
California30:
If you believe this shiit, you will also believe that the Chibok girls were truly kidnapped.

Dear God.
I pray that $1 will be N600 before December, if i send 200 dollars back home to my family make e last for 2 years.

AMEN!

Kai! This your pray just wan make me keep my dollars on reserve.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Reference(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2015
chigoizie7:
I thought GEJ already approved this same centinary thing.

Nice one though, but I see no season why PMB should take credit of this project. I mean, it was birthed under GEJ and approved under GEJ, even the compensation were still under GEJ, so, what's this fuss about?

Osinbajo, just see your life, because of partisan politics, a pastor and a professor of law can no longer call a spade a spade without fear or favor?, ISORAI, kwanchiniu

Will you stop all this red-neck lizardry. A project of this size and complexity requires 'continual' affirmations at the highest levels throughout its execution especially when the government has little financial stake in it. As long as we donot practice true federalism and the centre calls all the shots, investors will continue to seek approvals, permissions, affirmations, blessings (call it whatever you wish) from the centre and that means the President. Take that for granted at your peril. It is the structure.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by TheAlchemist: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2015
With dwindling oil revenue.... I believe the fund for the project would be more judiciously used in improving rail transportation, waterways transportation; agriculture, electricity; gas distribution net work, the centenary project should not be on the priority list of to do projects.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2015
kulobyno:
I just hope the exercise would be transparent this time
was it opaqued before?
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Thank you GEJ for the initiative Sai Buhari! Sai Nigeria!
y thank gej? I thought he was so corrupt n meant nothng good for d country? Abeg shove ur thnx in ur ass.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:11am On Aug 29, 2015
California30:
Who is Buhari ??
I give no flying fucck about the project.
Na building we go chop ??
Ur generational role model grin
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by chigoizie7(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2015
2n2k:

Cool down and reflect on what led to the positive nod given to the project by Buhari.

The National Vice Chairman of PDP - Dr Caro Ojougboh petitioned Buhari asking him to cancel the project because it was a scam by the former SGF - Anyim who he claimed personally owned the project. The media started feasting on the petition with some reporting that the Minister of FCT was forced to issue the C of O for project land in the name of Anyim.

Everybody expected negative reaction from Buhari especially since the Board of Directors of project is populated by PDP chieftains - Anyim, Ayeni etc but he rather listened to the defence presented to him by the Board and decided in favour of continuation of the project.

I knew all that, just like the VP knew all that too.

My point Is that, they should have given credence to the past admin which stated it from scratch till its approval.

It should have been "PMB re-approves the centenary project" because it has already been approved but was only subjected to investigations due to petitions by some people. Now that PMB has listened to the board, and gave a positive nod on it, I didn't expect the VP's comments to read anything like the "present administration" seeing to the compensation of the land owners nd all that, because all that has been taken care of by the last administration.

My point is, give credence to whoever earns it.

1 Like

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Joevics(m): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2015
tunde1200:
Good initiative baba.
What PHD holder cannot initiate in 6years baba that no go school can do it.
and i guess u didnt even attend nursery school, little wonder u cant read.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by chigoizie7(m): 10:45am On Aug 29, 2015
Reference:

Will you stop all this red-neck lizardry. A project of this size and complexity requires 'continual' affirmations at the highest levels throughout its execution especially when the government has little financial stake in it. As long as we donot practice true federalism and the centre calls all the shots, investors will continue to seek approvals, permissions, affirmations, blessings (call it whatever you wish) from the centre and that means the President. Take that for granted at your peril. It is the structure.

This is why I have always maintained that hypocrisy is a disease and it also kills.

Point of correction, it is "re-affirmation" because it has already been affirmed by the past admin.

2ndly, it should have read, "PMB re-approves the centenary project" and not PMB "APPROVES" the centenary project because it has already been approved once by GEJ, whatever they do now is re-approval because everything about that project has been taken care of by GEJ both compensation and all that. I didn't expect the VP to claim that dis "present administration" has seen to the approval.

PMB was petitioned by an angry Nigerian on the ownership of the project and asked that it be stopped, but after listening to the board, PMB gave a continuation order. Which means the initial allegations were false, which also means that everything has been taken care of by the past administration, and they should be given "CREDENCE" for that.

If it is about corruption matter now, they will be so fast to attribute it to the past admin.

1 Like

Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by fairheven: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2015
BiafranNigerian:
As far as it is in the North ? Approved.

Second Niger Bridge ? Suspend.

When the the ghost palm ripes, the ghost will pluck it. A word is enough for the wise.

I sincerely believe we are lacking Leadership in the Southeast,this second NIGER BRIDGE has gotten to a level where the south-east region can come together and pull resources to Build the second bridge. Even with "public-private partnership",because they are making us look like outcasts.

For us as a region,the water has come to our neck and its either we swim or get drowned
There so many independent African countries that have built such projects, whose population is not upto the south-east region,so while remaining in Nigerian for the time been, we must think and act like an independent country
SAM MBAKWE spearheaded the south-east AIRport in owerri, why can't we do similar project?
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2015
fairheven:

I sincerely believe we are lacking Leadership in the Southeast,this second NIGER BRIDGE has gotten to a level where the south-east region can come together and pull resources to Build the second bridge. Even with "public-private partnership",because they are making us look like outcasts.

For us as a region,the water has come to our neck and its either we swim or get drowned
There so many independent African countries that have built such projects, whose population is not upto the south-east region,so while remaining in Nigerian for the time been, we must think and act like an independent country
SAM MBAKWE spearheaded the south-east AIRport in owerri, why can't we do similar project?

If we have to build our bridges and build our airports, then why are we in a "One Nigeria" experiment ? I think these are the issues that warrant our continuous quest for peaceful secession.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by 2n2k(m): 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

I knew all that, just like the VP knew all that too.

My point Is that, they should have given credence to the past admin which stated it from scratch till its approval.

It should have been "PMB re-approves the centenary project" because it has already been approved but was only subjected to investigations due to petitions by some people. Now that PMB has listened to the board, and gave a positive nod on it, I didn't expect the VP's comments to read anything like the "present administration" seeing to the compensation of the land owners nd all that, because all that has been taken care of by the last administration.

My point is, give credence to whoever earns it.

You are just getting riled up for nothing. Did you see the word 'Approve' in the statement issued by the presidency? Strictly speaking, the project is not subject to explicit approval of any president whether GEJ or PMB. It is a private project heavily backed by foreign sponsors. What is required is positive body language of the president and explicit approval of relevant agencies - NEPZA, FCDA, Development Control, FEPA etc.

If the president disapprove at this stage, what is he going to do? Nationalise the project or return the investors' funds?

You can see from Osibanjo's statements that the Presidency is actually playing the role of the advocate for the rights of the land-owners. If it were government project, presidency would have simply ordered compensation to be paid rather than expressed concern.

The essence of the meeting yesterday was because somebody as high up as a PDP vice-chairman and who should know, alleged that the project is government-owned but fraudlently cornered. Surely the president must seek clarification on that.

The Eko Atlantic is a similar project, when did you here of president's approval or interference in it? but GEJ fully supported it and even visited the site.
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by chigoizie7(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
2n2k:

You are just getting riled up for nothing. Did you see the word 'Approve' in the statement issued by the presidency? Strictly speaking, the project is not subject to explicit approval of any president whether GEJ or PMB. It is a private project heavily backed by foreign sponsors. What is required is positive body language of the president and explicit approval of relevant agencies - NEPZA, FCDA, Development Control, FEPA etc.

If the president disapprove at this stage, what is he going to do? Nationalise the project or return the investors' funds?

You can see from Osibanjo's statements that the Presidency is actually playing the role of the advocate for the rights of the land-owners. If it were government project, presidency would have simply ordered compensation to be paid rather than expressed concern.

The essence of the meeting yesterday was because somebody as high up as a PDP vice-chairman and who should know, alleged that the project is government-owned but fraudlently cornered. Surely the president must seek clarification on that.

The Eko Atlantic is a similar project, when did you here of president's approval or interference in it? but GEJ fully supported it and even visited the site.

I rest my case den
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
tunde1200:
Good initiative baba.
What PHD holder cannot initiate in 6years baba that no go school can do it.
u mumu pass buhari. no big JEG start am?
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by tunde1200(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mee234:

I mumu pass GEJ. no big JEG start am?
Re: PMB Okays Centenary City Project by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Since buhari came to office he has been approving what was already approved? Lord may I never be a masturbator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Department Of Interior Decorations / Pictures Of Beautiful Houses From Google Images / The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.