Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Fatima Atiku Sworn In As Commissioner, Forfeits Salary. ( Atiku Daughter ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatima Atiku Sworn In As Commissioner, Forfeits Salary. ( Atiku Daughter ) (430 Views)

Abubakar Bello To Marry Atiku's Daughter - Photos / Fatima Atiku Forfeits Salary As Adamawa Commissioner Of Health / Fatima Atiku Abubakar Nominated As Commissioner In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fatima Atiku Sworn In As Commissioner, Forfeits Salary. ( Atiku Daughter ) by NetPay: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Daughter of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and newly appointed Commissioner of Health in Adamawa State, Dr Fatima Atiku, has forfeited her salary and allowances.
Fielding questions from journalists in Yola, the state capital on Friday after being sworn-in along with 21 other commissioners, Fatima, a Medical Consultant, said she was making the sacrifice because of the numerous challenges in the health sector.
“I am very grateful to the governor for appointing me to head the Health Ministry.
“The ministry is the most challenging because of the insurgency problem that had caused some damage to the health system in the state.
“For this reason, I shall be donating my salary and allowances for use in enhancing the delivery of healthcare service in the state”, Fatima said.
Speaking earlier while administering the oath of office on the Commissioners, Gov. Bindow Jubrilla said that their appointment was based on merit.
He enjoined the commissioners to join hands with him in bringing the desired change in the state, adding that their loyalty should be to the people, and not him.
“Your loyalty is to the people of Adamawa, whom you represent, and not to me”, Jibrilla said.
Responding on behalf of her colleagues, the Commissioner for Education, Mrs Kaletapwa Farauta, thanked the governor for the appointment, assuring that they would not betray the confidence reposed in them.

http://news.najiriya.com/2015/08/28/fatima-atiku-sworn-in-as-commissioner-forfeits-salary-allowances/
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Government Targets N6.1bn IGR, To Reconstitute Revenue Board. / The Casualties / Ex-lawmaker Slams Buhari, APC Over Biased Fight Against Insecurity. Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.