Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians (1101 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu Rides In A Wooden Car (Photos) / Buhari, Atiku At Ogbonnaya Onu’s Book Launch Today (Photos) / Ogbonnaya Onu's Views On The Appointment Of The SGF - Ajayi Temitope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by hub: 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
SGF, OGBONNAYA ONU AND VAINGLORIOUS NIGERIANS:

I just ended a telephone conversation with a confidant and senior friend who called from Abuja this morning and he gave me fresh insight into the new appointments announced yesterday. My friend who is very close to Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu told me that Dr. Onu called him this morning for 35minutes to tell him how vain Nigerians are. Dr. Onu according to my friend said his house was like Mecca yesterday in Abuja with no space for people to move around in anticipation that he would be announced as the SGF. In his house were Igbo professionals who want appointments and influencers who came with lists of those Onu should appoint as Head of MDAs since the Office of SGF is assumed to coordinate this. When someone else’s name was announced his house became empty within minutes. Now, Dr. Onu is a lonely man as all fortune seekers have disappeared. That is who we are. We want appointments for our village and ethnic man/woman so we can get our own share of national cake. Onu said all those crying over appointments for him or anyone is not for love, it is for what they hope to get.

ONU’s DISPOSITION

I personally would have preferred Dr. Onu as the SGF but now i know better. This man is a decent and gentleman of highest standard. Onu told my friend that President Buhari had given him the honour of taken him into confidence few days ago before yesterday on why he won’t make Onu SGF because he (Buhari) has something better for him (Onu). Onu according to my friend said President Buhari told him people attach so much importance to SGF and Chief of Staff because of the bastardisation of the system over the years and destructive influence peddling which got worse under Jonathan. Buhari told Onu that under his Presidency SGF and CoS wont become almighty that everyone must worship. The President told Onu that he wants to return government and bureaucracy to the days of yore when honour and integrity were the watchwords and not corruption and influence peddling, therefore, SGF and CoS wont be a coveted position again. The President also said, according to my confidant that he has his reasons for appointing certain people to certain positions and all will manifest in due season but chief among is the need to protect the individuals from undue pressure and making enemies for nothing. For example, if he gave Onu SGF position Igbos will hate him for life because Onu wont be able to give anyone appointment as that function will no longer be under the office of SGF. Many people wanted Col Hameed Ali too to be EFCC chairman or Chief of Staff but the President thought differently and put Col Ali in a place he believes Col. Ali will serve the country better. Buhari told Onu that he knows where he wants to use him and it will be what will bring glory and honour to him and the country. Buhari told Dr. Onu that SGF is not a big position contrary to what people think. It was part of failure of governance under Jonathan that made Pius Anyim powerful and to arrogate power to himself. SGF, for Buhari is an office to present memos for the Cabinet and the President and for PMB Dr. Onu should serve better use than that. Dr. Onu told my confidant that he was so happy with the President after their conversation. Under Buhari, the Ministers will be main drivers of government and I think that is where Onu and others will make their marks.
THE LESSONS: Don’t criticize what you don’t know just because everyone is doing so. Wailing Wailers are doing it not because of any love for country, Federal or Village character. They are shouting just for mischief. There are genuine concerns for balancing act by honest people and this President is very much aware. Future appointments will accommodate every section of the country just like the Military appointments.

3 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by duality(m): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2015
You know when someone is ashamed, You hear this kind of crap.

4 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by gogochocolate: 12:02am On Aug 29, 2015
Story land ! story land! London bridge is falling down . Story land ! story land ! Bring your friends along . Tell this your story to day care children. Bros are you a learner.

1 Like

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:03am On Aug 29, 2015
This one na korrect consolation or as we say in d east okwu nkassi obi

5 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by gogochocolate: 12:05am On Aug 29, 2015
Story land ! story land! London bridge is falling down . Story land ! story land ! Bring your friends along . Tell this your story to day care kids. Bros are you a learner in Nigerian politics. He knew and people still gathered in his house awaiting his coronation.

2 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 29, 2015
So you just typed this nonsense for what purpose?

To tell us that igbos want buhari's appointment or what?

If you lack words to defend buharis glaring tribalistic tendencies, is better to keep quiet than to make a fool of yourself.

I guess your pay per post masters have been restless since today.

2 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Duru1(m): 12:20am On Aug 29, 2015
The people like Onu are typical high horse riders Ndiigbo do not want in Igbo land. They tend to play Ostrich while the ground is being scorched. What a fool.

1 Like

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by FreeGlobe(f): 12:24am On Aug 29, 2015
Believe this and believe anything.. APC and lies are like bread and butter

2 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by egift(m): 12:32am On Aug 29, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Christoskurion: 12:39am On Aug 29, 2015
Useless write up from an op that talks nineteen to dozen. Just the same way your speculations failed woefully. Pls,leave that gentleman alone.
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by skynet006(m): 1:31am On Aug 29, 2015
undecided wanted to reply you properly but seeing as your post carries antagonism, then no need. But don't cry when the heat gets to you. Buhari is taking the highway to destruction.
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by IGBOSON1: 2:34am On Aug 29, 2015
duality:
You know when someone is ashamed, You hear this kind of crap.

^^^First thing that came to mind was after reading it was, 'story for the gods'!
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by likila: 2:41am On Aug 29, 2015
buhari has a wonderful appointment in stock for Onu!
onu will be given the same job obasanjo gave andy uba
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Desric(m): 3:26am On Aug 29, 2015
Bad news for the almighty wailing wailers.

1 Like

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by chymystique(f): 4:45am On Aug 29, 2015
[size=14pt]A bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush. Shitty writeup from a beer parlour writer.. the fact is Onu has been Scammed! grin[/size]
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Onyejiuwaokoh: 4:56am On Aug 29, 2015
The same story was told when service chiefs were chosen, after this latest appointment i don't know any other important positions remaining. Rochas, Onu, Ngige and co should go and bury their faces in shame, they are used and dumped.
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Onyejiuwaokoh: 5:00am On Aug 29, 2015
The same story was told when service chiefs were chosen, after this latest appointment i don't know any other important positions remaining. Rochas, Onu, Ngige and co should go and bury their faces in shame, they are used and dumped. This condolence and consolation speech is just semiconscious.
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by pazienza(m): 5:28am On Aug 29, 2015
In his house were Igbo professionals who want appointments and influencers who came with lists of those Onu should appoint as Head of MDAs since the Office of SGF is assumed to coordinate this.

This part made me happy. Those are the pro Nigerian Igbo elites, who look down on us the pro Biafran commoners, they want one Nigeria to continue because of their selfish interests, Now they are all shouting like castrated goats about Igbo marginalization under Buhari, when in actual sense they don't give a damn about the Igbo commoners, what they are crying about is the lack of goodies which flows from the FG to their pockets, the very reason they were one Nigerian apologist.

May Buhari continue to starve them of the awoof they get from FG on behalf of the rest of Ndiigbo, May they all die of hunger, let us put to test their love for one Nigeria, now that they stand to gain little from Nigeria.

Pro Biafrans should be weary of these greedy Igbo elites, their thinking processes had been disfigured by greed and selfish interest, we must not allow them to hijack our Biafran struggle as a tool to force Buhari to open their awoof goodies from FG.

1 Like

Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by ORACLE1975(m): 5:48am On Aug 29, 2015
true talk
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 29, 2015
pazienza:
In his house were Igbo professionals who want appointments and influencers who came with lists of those Onu should appoint as Head of MDAs since the Office of SGF is assumed to coordinate this.

This part made me happy. Those are the pro Nigerian Igbo elites, who look down on us the pro Biafran commoners, they want one Nigeria to continue because of their selfish interests, Now they are all shouting like castrated goats about Igbo marginalization under Buhari, when in actual sense they don't give a damn about the Igbo commoners, what they are crying about is the lack of goodies which flows from the FG to their pockets, the very reason they were one Nigerian apologist.

May Buhari continue to starve them of the awoof they get from FG on behalf of the rest of Ndiigbo, May they all die of hunger, let us put to test their love for one Nigeria, now that they stand to gain little from Nigeria.

Pro Biafrans should be weary of these greedy Igbo elites, their thinking processes had been disfigured by greed and selfish interest, we must not allow them to hijack our Biafran struggle as a tool to force Buhari to open their awoof goodies from FG.

Bros don't tell me you actually believe this c.ock and bull story
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:53am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Believe this and believe anything.. APC and lies are like bread and butter

More like sugar in water. Dissolves with no trace unless tasted.
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by pazienza(m): 5:59am On Aug 29, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros don't tell me you actually believe this c.ock and bull story

Not really. But that's exactly what our elites do, and precisely why most of them are pro one Nigeria.
It's all about their selfish interests.
Re: Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians by FreeGlobe(f): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2015
likila:
buhari has a wonderful appointment in stock for Onu!
onu will be given the same job obasanjo gave andy uba
keep dreaming.... Buhari has formed his kitchen cabinet, Buhari will never put a southerner in his kitchen cabinet

(1) (Reply)

Bohari Continues With His Loopsided Appointments / Biafra, IPOB and Radio Biafra Dominate Political Discuss In U.S.A 2nd Day Runni / World Igbo Congress Challenges Govt On Security Of Lives, Property In S/east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.