Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? (1588 Views)

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by RepEnugu(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
I really want to know cos as a yoruba man from ota I don't understand their language....

Cc coolitempa the bastard olosho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by pharmagba: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
RepEnugu, to ba je pe olooto ni o fe mo ki yi se ni ori Nairaland lo ma ti ma wa idahun si eberee yi
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by amokeme(f): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
RepEnugu:
I really want to know cos as a yoruba man from ota I don't understand their language....

do they have a special Yoruba they speak? Or you don't understand Yoruba generally?
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by RepEnugu(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
amokeme:
do they have a special Yoruba they speak? Or you don't understand Yoruba generally?
as a Yoruba man I don't understand their language,they not Yorubas!

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by bleedingpile: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
RepEnugu:

Looooooooooool
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by GENTLENNAJI(m): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
No they are not yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by georjay(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Repenugu nje iwo mo pe olofo eda ni e...alayerada ati oponu ara galatia ni o..nje iwo tun mo pe o go...ofi enu ho ra...iwo omo Igbo rada rada yii...alaye robosketchi.........do you understand the yoruba text above...if you do then its safe to say u r nothing but alagagebe oniranu eda

6 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by coolitempa(f): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
RepEnugu:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by ishadfurnitures: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
georjay:
Repenugu nje iwo mo pe olofo eda ni e...alayerada ati oponu ara galatia ni o..nje iwo tun mo pe o go...ofi enu ho ra...iwo omo Igbo rada rada yii...alaye robosketchi.........do you understand the yoruba text above...if you do then its safe to say u r nothing but alagagebe oniranu eda

Lolz
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by sinkhole: 2:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
E bi like say Seun dey distribute weed on nairaland these days, so many stiupid posts!

1 Like

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by tobtap: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
mu mu....no they are igbos undecided
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
NO they are YOUROBBERS
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by EasternLion: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
How can they be Yorubas?

When most of them are Sudanese, quote me and get leprosy.

Isee!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
RepEnugu:

No they are not yourobbers, they migrated from Congo cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by brize(m): 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
No they are not our brothers o they are from the west west and we are from southwest, they claim to be our brothers because of cocoa and amala

7 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by KUNZEH(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
OP,e be lik say you just smoke dry daura cowdung! ODE NI BOBO YI SHA...
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Some of them are from Sudan and some of them are from Bini.
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by OkutaNla: 5:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
chuna1985:
Some of them are from Sudan and some of them are from Bini.

Yeah, as your Anambra-Onitsha people are actually Yorubas. cheesy

Yoruba Onitsha, Orisha

Introduction: By PHILIP EMEAGWALI

I am a Yoruba by birth (born in Akure, western region) and Igbo by
heritage. As a native Onitsha Igbo, I trace my ancestry to Eze Chima,
a prince who rebelled against the Benin royal dynasty and emigrated
from the kingdom. Other Igbos that trace their lineage to Eze Chima
include Onicha-Ukwu, Onicha-Olona, Onicha-Ugbo, Obior,
Issele-Ukwu, Issele-Mkpima, Issele-Azagba, Ezi, Abeh and Obamkpa.

Native Onitshans speak a dialect of the Igbo language with several
Benin/Yoruba words such as "Obi" (of Onitsha) and "Oba" (of Benin).
In fact, the word Onitsha (Onicha) is a corruption of the god "Orisha."
The bini name for River Niger is Ohinmwin. The Onicha Igbo call it
"Orinmili." In a few years, we will have DNA tests that proves (or
disproves) the Onitsha-Benin-Yoruba connection.

In fact, a lost dialect of the Yoruba language, called Olukwumu, is
spoken in Brazil and in a few Igbo communities named Anioma,
Idumu-Ogu, Ubulubu, Ugboba, Ugbodu, and Ukwunzu
(M. A. Onwuejeogwu, 1987 Ahiajoku Lecture

The absence Olukwumu in core Yoruba land proves that these
communities are the Lost Yoruba Tribe that were fleeing from
slave raiders. (Excerpt)

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/traditional/6833-yoruba-onitsha-orisha.html

Follow this link to read up on what Emeagwuali has to say . . . . .

http://emeagwali.com/photos/yoruba/photo-essay-on-yoruba.html

cheesy Cc: RepEnugu

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Yeah, as your Anambra-Onitsha people are actually Yorubas. cheesy

Fine. But no be only Una sabi mischief coz Onitsha people sef are confirm Yoruba/Bini ppl. cheesy

cheesy Cc: RepEnugu

why u wan join urself with Bini people They are ur colonial masters long before the white men came...

Onitsha people are Bini settlers, We igbos don't deny that.

but please don't claim that onitsha is Bini / Yoruba.
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by nwadiuko1(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
They are from sudan

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by OkutaNla: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
chuna1985:

why u wan join urself with Bini people They are ur colonial masters long before the white men came...

Onitsha people are Bini settlers, We igbos don't deny that.

Onitsha people acknowledge their bini roots but you will never hear an Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ife, or Akure man deny being Yoruba. Igbos are the ones always battling minorities who refuse to identify with them. Sorry but Yorubas don't have that problem. cheesy
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by OkutaNla: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Don't blame me, blame Philip Emegwali. cheesy. He said it himself and not me.
Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by melzabull(f): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
No they are not yelobarss. Even ijebus and aworis are from Omdurman in sudan, they are not yolombas

2 Likes

Re: Are Abeokuta,akure,oshogbo And Ile-ife People Yorubas? by SATANIDNTI: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
Its always fun reading all those nigerian poor brains who lack critical thinking and not goo
d at history yet seem every ready to pontificate with much parade of 3rd rate brains.
Some are not intelligent enough to understand the ground for most things, the are ever ready to share their very jaundiced opinions, reacting with very primtive dark african thought process on all things.
Certian things could be perculiarly igbo simply due to the civil war, which was worked in some, from certain corners, poor self psychology , and here I mean some so called '' igbo minorities'' . In these areas, you have many from amongst them, who due more to their damaged self psyche tend to express such in some funny ways and you have a few other badly and poorly educated Nigerian ethnic others who lacking in much of thinking skills dont think through things but in a bid to score such poor, points as are always the concern of the poorly educated, who seek silly and very irrelvant explanations.
Its important whatver your background you seek to apply intelligence and wisdom when you think though things. There is not a nigerian who has a very conclusive knowldge of his or her origin expecailly down the Southern half of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of The Best African President (thomas Sankara) / Revealed: Truth About Elrufai Religious Preaching Bill / Aso Rock In ‘coma’ As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Battles Undisclosed Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.