Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! (32779 Views)

Magnus Abe Of Apc Celebrates With His People After He Was Declared Winner / Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect / APC Bayelsa Primaries: Sylva Declared Winner Of Rescheduled Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Kc7: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Unfortunately for Kogi citizens, with Prince Audu Abubakar, their desire for good governance seems far fetched. @poster, you are only being economical with the truth. Specifically, from the APC angle, public records on Prince Audu Abubakar are that of a man that has been described in many derogatory adjectives. Indeed, ever since Audu Abubakar left office as governor in 2003, it is well documented that he has been hurled severally before uncountable judges and on various issues. Despite this deplorable antecedent of Audu Abubakar, the leadership of the APC, a party that claims to be foremost in waging the fight against corrupt practices in Nigeria, has remained mute over Audu Abubakar’s association with it as its candidate in the coming elections. Ordinarily, this portends nothing else but gross danger for the Kogi people.
On the other hand, the PDP which is the other major political and current ruling party in Kogi State has without any halt allowed voters’ ears to be stocked with stories of its supposed endorsement of Governor Idris Wada for a second term in office. For many analysts of Kogi State governance, the difference between the allegedly corrupt Prince Audu Abubakar of the APC and Idris Wada of the PDP is just that of half a dozen and six. On issues relating to purportedly looting of the Kogi State treasury, both men are on this same page with near equal status. Thus, their openly expressed desire to seek a come back to the Kogi state government House as governor, is considered a misplaced effrontery. This self centered ambition by these men has raised some inevitable questions in the minds of numerous suffering Kogi people regarding the value of Nigeria’s democracy to them and its selection process for contenders in elections.
For the greater good of the Kogi people, the best advice for the PDP is to pressure Wada to relinquish power and allow someone else that is competent and popular to takeover in order to rebuild a united and peaceful party. This may even provide a very good soft landing for Governor Idris Wada as he will still be accorded a leadership status in the party and by extension in the State instead of being thrust upon an endless list of allegations that would thrust him into jail as the norm in Nigeria when an opposing Party takes over power. In all, the selection of a next Kogi state Governor will depend more on voters’ choice than party sentiments and impunity. Nevertheless, the final decider, remains God.

1 Like

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Awesomeking: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
This is why i say kogi is the most corrupt among all the state goverments..how can audu win everyone is agaisnt him

fake nonsense #bullshit

1 Like

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by fairheven: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
what does this man want is government house again, like patience jonathan wud ask...what did he forget ?
am sure APC can present a better candidate than him
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by seniorbros(m): 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
LastProphet:

if they are my brothers I wont mention them here point of correction, they are good neighbors if it helps you. Late Joe Odoma was a respected friend. Please grow up, come out of your nut, we igalas keep presenting the worst among us for public offices and its time we eat humble pie
Anyway, I have just made my point without resorting to insults and mud slinging. When you say "we Igalas" I guess that includes me, hence my rejoinder. With the way your are carrying on, I hope you won't kill yourself if an Igala becomes Governor in November. As far as this matter is concerned, I will give you the opportunity to have the last say.

1 Like

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by LastProphet: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
seniorbros:

Anyway, I have just made my point without resorting to insults and mud slinging. When you say "we Igalas" I guess that includes me, hence my rejoinder. With the way your are carrying on, I hope you won't kill yourself if an Igala becomes Governor in November. As far as this matter is concerned, I will give you the opportunity to have the last say.

Am sorry sir, I talk like that because am annoyed and am sure if you think for a moment there is nothing to be happy about in kogi since 'we' igalas have been ruling and we insist on continuing just like any other tribe in Nigeria anyway. But I think we Nigerians (Ibo, hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Binis, etc) should start to rise above primordial sentiments like tribalism if we are ever to start our journey. I have worked closely with people in kogi govt especially under Wada and bros it is very very disappointing. I have witnessed incidences where many many laudable ideas were turned down by Wada just because of the promptings by tribal igala bigots around him who have no clue what the responsibilities of power is. Please find out - Dangote offered N250m to be paid annually to the kogi development masterplan committee initiated by Wada himself headed by the late prof idachaba, the state refused to apply for the grant based on the kindergarten explanation given the governor by his so-called kitchen cabinet. I also witnessed a N500m water resources grant offered in 2008/9 by the EU (free money please, not loan) when Samuel Okedi was at EU and had finished facilitating it, the Igala commissioner said Gov Ibro wanted some bribe BEFORE HE APPLIED FOR GRANT THAT WAS WAITING FOR HIM!

Bros I could go on and on, my architect friend here in Abuja - an established international architect was in a team with some Asian investors that came to kogi with the idea and the money to turn that waterfront to an international beach resort - I was told the governor didn't understand what they were saying - he kept embarrassing the investors with suggestions of bribe when what was offered was beyond a lifetime bribe. Bros do you want me to go on?

I once heard that the definition of madness is when you keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I think its time igalas begin to understand that it might not be another igala that will take the state forward that is just what am trying to say. And am sure by now you no longer doubt that am also igala.

And on whether I will be sad if igala wins, I have no problem with that please, I don't live in kogi and I don't need to do that anymore all glory to God. I just say this for the poor kogi folks who we all have a responsibility to. Sorry sir if I insulted you, I see you are a gentle man and I have no right to insult you - am sorry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by oroagba: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Spot on! Eku agba

adaweezy:

The greatest thing that Abubakar Audu has going for him in his bid to return as Governor of Kogi state is the decibel of a large youth demographic. So many Kogi folks, 25 years and below, are all over the airwaves telling the rest of Nigeria that they don’t know what they are missing by not having somebody like Abubakar Audu. The love they are professing for Abubakar Audu is greater than the love story between Ekiti and Fayose. Audu, they assure us, must “capture power” again in Kogi.
Via APC. Of course!
Now, if your instinct is to blame these kids and land koboko on their post-pubescent asses, you are wrong. What is happening is that they are confused. They are mistaking weed for spinach because they do not know the difference. What elaloro in Yoruba philosophy asks you to do is to hold spinach in one hand, weed in the other, and say to them: children, here is weed and here is spinach. Once you have done that, you can ask for water, wash your hands like Pontius Pilate, and sing owo mi ma re o funfun nene…
You must remember that if there is something the Nigerian detests more than fellow Nigerians of a different ethnicity or religion, it is memory. The Nigerian who witnessed yesterday deliberately erases it for the convenience of today. The Nigerian who was too young to witness yesterday will never dig to find out what happened, laziness and ignorance being preferable to the inconvenience of memory and remembering.
Many of Abubakar Audu’s vuvuzelas were in Primary and Secondary school when he stole US$1,719,954 from the treasury of Kogi state to purchase the mansion pictured here on March 15, 2001. The mansion is located at 12301 Glen Road, Potomac, Maryland 20854, USA. He initially denied owning the property but later confessed after a scandal. Nigerian political thieves have no relationship with mortgage in Europe and America. They buy their multi-million-dollar homes fiam. Just like that.
Many of Audu’s young supporters are not intellectually equipped enough to make the connection between this mansion in America and their own abjection in Kogi; the connection between this mansion and the poverty of their parents in Kogi. You will likely hear that others have stolen more than Audu and even with his own stealing, we ought to be grateful to him for building a University, a Polytechnic, clinics, etc. It will take several modules in civics to help them see that they do not owe anybody spending their tax money on routine infrastructure any gratitude.
So the purpose of this post is to bring memory to these youths since they will not go to memory.
A final word to these young Kogi people: in 2014, Potomac, where Audu’s mansion is located, was Number 3 on the list of the most affluent neighbourhoods in the entire United States of America.
Of course, you know that a Nigerian politician would consider it an insult that his property is not located in the most expensive neighbourhood in America. When you are done electing him in November 2015, his next mansion in America will be located in The Golden Triangle, Greenwich, Connecticut.
I have shown you weed.
I have shown you spinach.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by IMABEN(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
The state that links all the GEO political zones in the country... Was 24 on 27th August 2015.... Road network so bad..... Guly erosion dealing with the villagers.... Civil servants owed salaries and many more.... Na wa oo my home state KOGI STATE it will be GOD'S grace to put the state in shape.... Even the Prince from previous records..... has no regards for civil servants

1 Like

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
ekkywolex:
Must it be Audu? APC should bring someone else from the west or CEntral, kogi is not the birthright of the Igalas

I wonder o!

PDP candidate - Igala
APC candidate - Igala

What nonsense!

Okuns, ogoris and Ebiras, how far na?

1 Like

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by seniorbros(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
LastProphet:

Am sorry sir, I talk like that because am annoyed and am sure if you think for a moment there is nothing to be happy about in kogi since 'we' igalas have been ruling and we insist on continuing just like any other tribe in Nigeria anyway. But I think we Nigerians (Ibo, hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Binis, etc) should start to rise above primordial sentiments like tribalism if we are ever to start our journey. I have worked closely with people in kogi govt especially under Wada and bros it is very very disappointing. I have witnessed incidences where many many laudable ideas were turned down by Wada just because of the promptings by tribal igala bigots around him who have no clue what the responsibilities of power is. Please find out - Dangote offered N250m to be paid annually to the kogi development masterplan committee initiated by Wada himself headed by the late prof idachaba, the state refused to apply for the grant based on the kindergarten explanation given the governor by his so-called kitchen cabinet. I also witnessed a N500m water resources grant offered in 2008/9 by the EU (free money please, not loan) when Samuel Okedi was at EU and had finished facilitating it, the Igala commissioner said Gov Ibro wanted some bribe BEFORE HE APPLIED FOR GRANT THAT WAS WAITING FOR HIM!

Bros I could go on and on, my architect friend here in Abuja - an established international architect was in a team with some Asian investors that came to kogi with the idea and the money to turn that waterfront to an international beach resort - I was told the governor didn't understand what they were saying - he kept embarrassing the investors with suggestions of bribe when what was offered was beyond a lifetime bribe. Bros do you want me to go on?

I once heard that the definition of madness is when you keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I think its time igalas begin to understand that it might not be another igala that will take the state forward that is just what am trying to say. And am sure by now you no longer doubt that am also igala.

And on whether I will be sad if igala wins, I have no problem with that please, I don't live in kogi and I don't need to do that anymore all glory to God. I just say this for the poor kogi folks who we all have a responsibility to. Sorry sir if I insulted you, I see you are a gentle man and I have no right to insult you - am sorry

My Bro, no hard feelings. We just hope that this time around we get it right. God bless Kogi state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by hopilo: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
Guseh:
following.....
Meanwhile, Babatunde Irukera has withdrew from the race.
Source: his facebook page https://m.facebook.com/babatundeirukera?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.902470769827657&__tn__=Cd

Power must shift to kogi west or central!

Modified.
Apc primary election result counting commences around 7:55am
Invalid votes- 29
Sanusi abubakar - 309
Prince Audu abubakar -1109
Yahaya bello(fair plus) 703
Senator nurudeen abatemi- 400
Idris danjuma - 5
Tunde Irukera -0 ( withdrew from the race)
Idris maiyanga - 2
Alex kadri - 1
Onikaba adinoyi ojo- 2
Ocholi james -90
Olumoroti george - 58
Lanre ipinmisho -0
Rotimi obadofi -16
Yekini Abdullahi habeeb -8
Tim nda diche-13
Yakub mohammed -1
Sunday edibo-1
Sulaiman abutu -2
Clarance olafemi- 7
Hadiza ibrahim -4
Mohammed Abdullahi -0

when you rig to the point of alloting zero votes to an aspirant that voted for himself, then we have problem
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by LastProphet: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
seniorbros:

My Bro, no hard feelings. We just hope that this time around we get it right. God bless Kogi state.

Amen
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Godsees: 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
That's a mistake because some of the other candidates will detect to other parties. And then other parties will restrategies. They will fix popular candidates. Who is going to win Kogi GE?
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Samexdx(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
tayoxx:
rather than voting prince ...civil servants will prefer to vote wada....
thats not true bro,with the way Wada is treatin primary school teachers and local government workers?
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by RAO1(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
akpabana:
"I am noit from Kog" no wonder! because this your parable... ISU WA LOWO YIN, OBE WA LOWO YIN, laarin nkan meji, ikan o san ju ikan lo.....is itching. i forgive you.
naago
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Charles545: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
kogi state has remained underdeveloped due to the fact that the affairs has remained with some certain individual,i am not bias as to wherever the Governor of the state is from,what baffles me is that must kogi state have the same person that has served for 3 terms as a governor, its time for the people of kogi state to wake up to reality and vote in new individuals. it is believed that when you try something and it didn't work out well,try it a new way and doing it in a new way will give room for development. why recycling the polity ?
I will suggest to the people of kogi state to vote in an individual that will do things a different way and see the state turn around for developmental and great achievement because i believe that there are other competent hands that will lead the state into prosperity.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by jamace(m): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
Watching.

Meanwhile, Some APC members are not happy with this result. I see a protest vote from APC against Prince Audu, hence Capt Wada of PDP likely to win the governorship race again.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by ojonugwa25(m): 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
congratulation to my prince audu and d good people of kogi state.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by laudate: 12:52am On Aug 31, 2015
LastProphet:

Chai!! Dis country! I weak o!

Abeg, that your architect friend can he build the resort in Lagos or any other state along the coastline?? I know some states that are looking for this kind of proposal and development. Just think of the number of jobs that can be created by this project. shocked

And if ferry services and a waterfront jetty are tied into the whole deal, it will open up another area of business, entirely! cool
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by laudate: 12:53am On Aug 31, 2015
LastProphet:

Chai!! Dis country! I weak o!

Abeg, that your architect friend can he build the resort in Lagos or any other state along the coastline?? I know some states that are looking for this kind of development. Just think of the number of jobs that can be created by this project. shocked

And if ferry services and a waterfront jetty is tied into the whole deal, it will open up another area of business, entirely! cool
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Akexstinger(m): 1:26am On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=LastProphet post=37486144]

before we start hope you are old enough to know it was formerly ADP ayangba, a world bank project and not an empty site before audu started ksu. now to the school, the only buildings in ksu that are that are not worn-out right now are those by gov Ibrahim when prof Idachaba was vc, pls dont argue this so that you dont bore me. i have many many friends working there and i have visited severally please. the late dr odiba dean of student affairs is a senior colleague, dr hassan of pub admin dept is a younger brother's friend, i can just go on.
now as per quality of education ksu is zero zero zero, at the day late prof Idachaba took over just after prince left only 3 courses were approved out of 29 by the nuc ( any question? ), and gov Ibrahim had to plead for prof Idachaba to come and take the appointment which he did before he restored some order both in terms of infrastructure and academic standard, any lie here? or is it not true that ksu used to place admission list at asta petrol station because the illiterate that owned the petrol station was a right hand man of audu? is that a lie? his son tairu is my junior in secondary school and talks to me till today. so what do you want to tell me? [/quote

You just wrapped up KSU as a zero quality school yet your sentences and messages are hard to decode.
When schools kick up, initially you don't expect that all the courses will be accredited immediately. It takes some time for the courses offered to be accredited. There is a period of review and this is obtainable anywhere in the world; and for your info, accreditation is a continuos process, it never ends. That was why we had some of the courses being offered at UniAbj and Uniben undergoing fresh accreditation.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Akexstinger(m): 1:27am On Aug 31, 2015
LastProphet:

before we start hope you are old enough to know it was formerly ADP ayangba, a world bank project and not an empty site before audu started ksu. now to the school, the only buildings in ksu that are that are not worn-out right now are those by gov Ibrahim when prof Idachaba was vc, pls dont argue this so that you dont bore me. i have many many friends working there and i have visited severally please. the late dr odiba dean of student affairs is a senior colleague, dr hassan of pub admin dept is a younger brother's friend, i can just go on.
now as per quality of education ksu is zero zero zero, at the day late prof Idachaba took over just after prince left only 3 courses were approved out of 29 by the nuc ( any question? ), and gov Ibrahim had to plead for prof Idachaba to come and take the appointment which he did before he restored some order both in terms of infrastructure and academic standard, any lie here? or is it not true that ksu used to place admission list at asta petrol station because the illiterate that owned the petrol station was a right hand man of audu? is that a lie? his son tairu is my junior in secondary school and talks to me till today. so what do you want to tell me?

You just wrapped up KSU as a zero quality school yet your sentences and messages are hard to decode.
When schools kick up, initially you don't expect that all the courses will be accredited immediately. It takes some time for the courses offered to be accredited. There is a period of review and this is obtainable anywhere in the world; and for your info, accreditation is a continuos process, it never ends. That was why we had some of the courses being offered at UniAbj and Uniben undergoing fresh accreditation.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by laudate: 1:42am On Aug 31, 2015
LastProphet:

if they are my brothers I wont mention them here point of correction, they are good neighbors if it helps you. Late Joe Odoma was a respected friend. Please grow up, come out of your nut, we igalas keep presenting the worst among us for public offices and its time we eat humble pie

There are several highly respected Igala and non-Igala people that can transform the state, and do far better than what Audu or Wada has done.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by LastProphet: 5:17am On Aug 31, 2015
laudate:

There are several highly respected Igala and non-Igala people that can transform the state, and do far better than what Audu or Wada has done.

you said it all
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Gboliwe: 5:58am On Aug 31, 2015
I feel so bad for the people of Kogi state.

Their youths are not even helping matters.

SMH.
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by onlykach: 7:20am On Aug 31, 2015
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189239-accused-of-n11-billion-fraud-abubakar-audu-emerges-kogi-apc-governorship-candidate.html

This country is a fraud, how can APC bring out some one accused of N11 billion fraud

Na wa oh
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by AleqsChizar(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2015
Kindly download these blazing IGALA RAP songs by ALEQS CHIZAR#

G'OMI ABAJOI
http://madeinksu.com/post/384/music-aleqs-chizar-g-omi-abajoi-

KP'IBE WE ft OD Tension
http://ksuamebo.com/2015/07/aleqs-chizar-feat-od-tension-kpibe-we-prod-by-samzy-aleqs-chizar-x-od-tension/

Facebook: ALEQS CHIZAR
Twitter: @AleqsChizar
Instagram: @al_chizar
Re: Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
JAM ALERT!!! The most anticipated single from Delta's rising star - Adums a.k.a Mr.Classic. He Didn't disappoint, its titled "Ifeyinwa". This song got me all loved. Enjoy
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d11c2ff0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Govt Won't Succeed Until Amaechi Apologises To Pastors - Bishop Adeoye / IPOB Is Worse Than Criminal Herdsmen - Gumi / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.