Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? (2855 Views)

Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Good question.

I don't insult men of God.
Hey now. So is Pastor Chris is a man of God or a cult leader then? I don't think he can be both.
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by davien(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
menesheh:

Still believe in magic?
"Yes I do" - Coldplay grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtb11P1FWnc

1 Like

Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by kevoh(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
I thought the thread was about Hope, Faith and Love? What is it with the Pastor Chris business here? angry

1 Like

Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:53am On Sep 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Then your opinion is ignorant and irrelevant.

Yes, my opinion is ignorant and irrelevant because pastor Chris's church is the only church and it is beyond criticism.

smh

1 Like

Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:12am On Sep 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Not missing a man's TV program means you're a slave huh? But if I love the big bang theory or game of thrones and I don't miss any episode there's nothing wrong there. But loving and watching words of life from a seasoned man of God is quite wrong. Slavery in fact. Nonsense.

So what should your friend in the US do when Pastor comes around? He should stop his vital assistance and let things go wrong?

None of the reasons you've given prove that Christ Embassy is a cult or a hell house.

But I'm probably a cultist now because I defend the church.

Sit back in your small church(no offense at all to your church) and criticize. Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy are preaching the gospel around the world, penetrating nations with the good news. Continue in your criticism.

You are one of those people that just defend your beliefs/pastors without critically thinking about it.

I didn't say that they were slaves because they didn't miss pastor Chris's TV show. I just mentioned it to show how much they love him. Nopw here is the full story- my homies had to miss lectures and important events just to either go to their church meetings or watch him on TV in the evenings.

As for my friend in the USA, he was used and abused. He never had the official title of "assistant" but he worked his behind off for Christ Embassy. Today, he is living a shell of a life. At 45 he has no real job. He left his pharmacy job to be more engrossed in the church.

I dont need to mention how there are members who copy pastor Chris's style as if he is a god- they relax their hair and wear ridiculous suits to feel among.

I also don't need to mention your church's method of getting new flock- enticing people with sexy youths and spamming.

And you can look at the saga of embarrassment that is happening- Pastor Chris's maltreatment of his wife and the pending divorce.
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Hey now. So is Pastor Chris is a man of God or a cult leader then? I don't think he can be both.

An ALLEGED man of God wink
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by joseph1832(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
What do you this of Pastor Chris?

Promise me you'll visit the Church and ask questions Muskeeto...If you're looking for truth, I can assure you you'll find it there. At least just go there for me.

If you can't go there. Try to Listen to Pastor Chris online. Hear what he has to say on particular issues and questions.

I'm praying for you man.
I was once a member of BLW aka Christ Embassy. I tell you, that church is full of zombies! People who can't think for themselves but allow their pastors think for them and ruin their lives.

My PCF was Dunamis and my cell unit was Overcomers. Believe me when I tell you that among my PCF and cell unit, I was the only one with a brain, the rest were zombies.

You speak of truth, I asked questions while in was in that church and my questions fell on deaf ears, I was even called 'devil' silently behind my back.

The only truth Muskeeto will find there is that of being brainwashed not to think for himself and allow the church think for him.

Sow seeds in the life of this pastor, sow seed with this and that, tithe, offering, partner with Rhapsody of reality, partner with Healing school, partner with this, partner with that, men the guise they use in siphoning money from their members is just to lame and to think the so called members fall for it beats my imagination.

BLW is not a church one will find the truth, whoever is looking for the truth, should look inward first. Remember, masturbat!on isn't a sin! This is a clear pointer that that church is nothing but one big fat lie that capitalize on money making.
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
Where is Joshthefirst?

I find this funny behaviour very common among these cult-churchgoers. When questioned thoroughly about the activities, they deny, and twist words. When put in a tight corner, they run away.

smh. May God save us from deceitful people.
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Where is Joshthefirst?

I find this funny behaviour very common among these cult-churchgoers. When questioned thoroughly about the activities, they deny, and twist words. When put in a tight corner, they run away.

smh. May God save us from deceitful people.
I've only been unavailable. And I don't give much ear to pathetic critics like you. Keep criticizing, you'll keep watching us succeeding even more, preaching the gospel around the world, moving upwards and forwards.
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
Joshthefirst:
I've only been unavailable. And I don't give much ear to pathetic critics like you. Keep criticizing, you'll keep watching us succeeding even more, preaching the gospel around the world, moving upwards and forwards.

Watch you succeed? How are you successful. Please, keep running from the truth. shalom
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
Get a room you guys.

Allnaijablogger how far?
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
musKeeto:
Get a room you guys.

Allnaijablogger how far?

brah, I'm fine.

Just enjoying the premier league this season. The moral of today's fixtures is that pride comes before a big fall. Mourinho grin

Have you accepted Joshthefirst's offer to join the followership of pastor Chris?
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by Anas09: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
I thought we were here to talk abt hope, love and what again? How come pastor Christ took over the centre stage?
Back to base now.
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Anas09:
I thought we were here to talk abt hope, love and what again? How come pastor Christ took over the centre stage?
Back to base now.
Pastor Chris is quite a popular figure. If people talk about you, you're probably great. wink
Re: Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Pastor Chris is quite a popular figure. If people talk about you, you're probably great. wink

undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Admire A Woman's Big Nyash? / Four Die In T.B. Joshua’s Church During Stampede For Holy Water / Satan Called A Worldwide Convention Of Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.