Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,675 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Abia Tribunal: Update Of 28th August 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Tribunal: Update Of 28th August 2015 (607 Views)

Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada / Abia Tribunal Annuls Election Of Emeka Nnamani, Bars APGA From Re-run / Abia Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Senator Abaribe(pdp ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Tribunal: Update Of 28th August 2015 by ABACITYBLOG: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
Here is the review and the update of the Abia gubernatorial tribunal sitting which was held yesterday in Umuahia, the case between Dr. Alex Otti of ( APGA ) and the Incumbent Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu ( PDP ).

The court begin:

Judges walked in, greetings, court registrar introducing the case between Alex Otti (APGA) vs Okezie Ikpeazu (PDP)

Chief Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, leading D petitioners counsel today, presently introducing his team. Awa Kalu, SAN, is here

Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, lead counsel for the 1st respondent (Okezie Ikpeazu), presently introducing his team.

Chief Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN, leading D 2nd respondent’s (PDP) counsel today, introducing his team. Paul Ananaba, SAN, is here

Mike Onyekachi Esq, leading the 3rd respondent’s (INEC) counsel today.

J calls on P and he says the motion that his lordship directed will be heard this morning is ready now

R1 says he has a plenary objection to D motion dated 24/08/15, he wouldn’t mind if D objection is consolidated with the motion

R2 says he also has an objection dated 28/08/15 to the motion, he wouldn’t also mind if it’s heard along side with the motion

R3 says they don’t have any objection.

J says the preliminary objections and the motion will be taken together. (As the court pleases).

P: the motion dated 18/08/15, is a 15 paragraph application, we have also filed a counter affidavit to D R1 on 26/08/15.

P: We’ve further affidavit 2 respond 2 D R2.May I adopt & rely on D 3 processes in our written address & reply on point of law

Judge says each party will have a maximum of 25 minutes to address the

P says he will ask for a stand down to study an application that was just served him now, J gives 15 minutes.

AbiaTribunal is in a short recess, to reconvene by 10:30AM.

Here is the Summary of what happened Yesterday!

The petition of Dr Otti is that elections were not held in 5 local governments and where some sort of semblance of elections took place that it was marred by irregularities. He wants the results for Osisioma , Obingwa and Isiala Ngwa North that was previously cancelled by the state returning officer before he was bullied to reverse the results to be canceled.

==>>READ MORE HERE==>>http://abacityblog.com/abia-tribunal-update-of-28th-august-2015/
Re: Abia Tribunal: Update Of 28th August 2015 by SODEXSKI(m): 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Abia Tribunal: Update Of 28th August 2015 by Misternas89(m): 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm a bio scientist, so I dunno all you are talking about. So I rest my case
[size=19pt]Mrnas say so [/size]

(1) (Reply)

One-meal-a-day Programme For Pupils To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo / Former Delta Governor Uduaghan Duped Of N26m / Buhari’s Campaign Financed With Stolen Funds - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.