Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Things You May Not Know About Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You May Not Know About Divorce (1776 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You May Not Know About Divorce by trendphemmy(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2015
Divorce is the legal dissolution of a marriage by a court or other competent body.

in the 3rd world d rate of divorce is decreasing, and dis is because d rate at which people get married is also decreasing. 50% of all marriages will end in divorce within the first 10 years

factors associated with divorce
1) Educational level- research has shown that educated people tend to stay more in marriage than the uneducated folks, so if u are looking for a village girl to marry bear this in mind

2) Money vs affection- marriages based on money tend to last longer than marriages based on love cos love can change overnight but bank account wont. so I dont blame ladies looking for aliko dangote to marry. but if u have the two hold on tite

3) marriages has better chance of success if both partner are of similar background, tribe,race, religion, intelligence, education- this part has to do with understanding, it is easier for u to understand ur partner, his parents and society if u have all these in common

4) divorce rate is higher in children of divorced parents- yes my mom left my dad wen he bleeped up, and she survived, so y cant I survive without you?

5) divorce rate is commoner among people who married young, people who married later in life tend to stay more in marriages- maybe because dey have seen it all, the young ones got married cos of acute lovemia

6) economic status - divorce rate is higher among d poor and d very rich, from what does he have, to what can he offer me dat I dont have. I dont blame guys dat run away from women dat earn more dan dey do cos of intimidation and divorce

7 Divorced people have more mental disorder- mainly bipolar disorder

cool Divorce is hard on children- they have more behavioral problems, delayed physical and mental development however staying in an abusive marriage would cause a worse outcome, ask d area boys

9) mental satisfaction is higher in couples without children- yes u read dis right, immediately a child comes in d affection reduces and dis might be due to excessive stress on the mother and more money requirements e.t.c but comes back to around normal after all d kids leave the house.

10) add yours

thanks

1 Like

Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by ladyF(f): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2015
cry It's the kids I feel for most too.

una wey dey find village girl, kindly go back and read number 1 again tongue
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by divinehand2003(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2015
THE MORE CIVILISED A NATION BECOMES, THE HIGHER THE DIVORCE RATE. U CAN TAKE A LOOK AT THE USA FOR CONFIRMATION.

THE MORE UNRELIGIOUS A COUNTRY IS, THE GREATER THE RISK OF DISASTERS MARRIAGES FACE IN THOSE COUNTRIES.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by trendphemmy(m): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2015
divinehand2003:
THE MORE CIVILISED A NATION BECOMES, THE HIGHER THE DIVORCE RATE. U CAN TAKE A LOOK AT THE USA FOR CONFIRMATION.

THE MORE UNRELIGIOUS A COUNTRY IS, THE GREATER THE RISK OF DISASTERS MARRIAGES FACE IN THOSE COUNTRIES.

you are absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Cutehector(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Ladyf, we r in 2015, no graduate guy will wish to marry a housewife! Not even me! I go pursue am make she go work jor..
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by dulux07(m): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2015
Wonder where d op got his research rm undecided
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by trendphemmy(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
dulux07:
Wonder where d op got his research rm undecided

Read more and observe more
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by ladyF(f): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
Ladyf, we r in 2015, no graduate guy will wish to marry a housewife! Not even me! I go pursue am make she go work jor..
hmm not the ones on this NL ooo, some comments leave me in shock for minutes.

That's how someone said he prefers village girl, that the girl will respect him more. That an educated girl's eye don 'tear'. Others will say their wives will not work, so that she will have time for him and the kids, others will say if shes working and she has money, she will be 'prouding'. U no va see anything.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by lilmax(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2015
No.4 is the FACT of all FACTS
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2015
In america,most men. divorce after finding out their wife having being having series of affair outside their marriage..eg through ashley Madison....and in most cases the man will still have to pay his wife for cheating,plus share his property with the slutts....and also loose his children to the woman...
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:

hmm not the ones on this NL ooo, some comments leave me in shock for minutes.

That's how someone said he prefers village girl, that the girl will respect him more. That an educated girl's eye don 'tear'. Others will say their wives will not work, so that she will have time for him and the kids, others will say if shes working and she has money, she will be 'prouding'. U no va see anything.

I am one of such,I have my money,we have been dating for some years now and I did not rub my wealth on your face or use the money to intimidate you...why should you do other wise,when it your turn...for this mentality to stop,women have to prove that they are capable of controlling their thirst of power in terms of money,an average lady is usually avoided because her bad attitude in terms of her speech towards people,not to talk of one that is rich and successful...thou,me knowing you personally I won't be intimidated..because I already know the type of person you are...the work of changing such men mentality like mine,start with you,no matter who you are,be polite when dealing with people...
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by ladyF(f): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2015
kevinberry:

I am one of such,I have my money,we have been dating for some years now and I did not rub my wealth on your face or use the money to intimidate you...why should you do other wise,when it your turn...for this mentality to stop,women have to prove that they are capable of controlling their thirst of power in terms of money,an average lady is usually avoided because her bad attitude in terms of her speech towards people,not to talk of one that is rich and successful...thou,me knowing you personally I won't be intimidated..because I already know the type of person you are...the work of changing such men mentality like mine,start with you,no matter who you are,be polite when dealing with people...
See ehnnn, the ladies that are rude will be rude irrespective of whether they are boxed up or not. Same with a lady that is polite.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:

See ehnnn, the ladies that are rude will be rude irrespective of whether they are boxed up or not. Same with a lady that is polite.

But you can at least try and change their rude attitude,because the rude ones are the majority,the minority like you for example bear the brunt..it that fair..
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by ladyF(f): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2015
kevinberry:

But you can at least try and change their rude attitude,because the rude ones are the majority,the minority like you for example bear the brunt..it that fair..
I distance myself from rude people, they have a way of draining happiness from you.

And secondly, people should stop generalising, that a few girls are rude doesn't mean all girls are rude. People are different...

1 Like

Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:

I distance myself from rude people, they have a way of draining happiness from you.

And secondly, people should stop generalising, that a few girls are rude doesn't mean all girls are rude. People are different...

You are an introvert...

I didn't generalise,I only point out that the majority of rude females will affect people like you that aren't
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Dyt(f): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2015
That your number 7 sha
And your 8 undecided undecided
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
I read a study a few weeks ago which pointed out that educated women in Nigeria tend to get divorced more often so point no. 1 is not entirely true.

Another study that was about divorce in the USA however confirmed point no. 1 but it was referring to the educational level of both spouses.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by trendphemmy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dyt:
That your number 7 sha And your 8 undecided undecided
wetin do am
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by trendphemmy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mindfulness:
I read a study a few weeks ago which pointed out that educated women in Nigeria tend to get divorced more often so point no. 1 is not entirely true.

Another study that was about divorce in the USA however confirmed point no. 1 but it was referring to the educational level of both spouses.

uneducated individuals dont see anything bad if d wife packs out and go to her parent's house, the believe she will still come back or it is a Avenue for them to marry a new wife. moreover that type of divorce is neva recorded
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
trendphemmy:

uneducated individuals dont see anything bad if d wife packs out and go to her parent's house, the believe she will still come back or it is a Avenue for them to marry a new wife. moreover that type of divorce is neva recorded

You are probably right but it is also true that an educated and independent woman can initiate divorce more easily since she can take care of herself all by herself.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Divorce by trendphemmy(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2015
ladyF:

some women can help u achieve ur goals

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When A Child Is Born Out Of Wedlock? / The Rate At Which Married Women Cheat Is Becoming Outrageous / Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.