Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (10441 Views)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Chizzled06(m): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
1. My God is the one true God
2. My heaven/hell is the only true after life. If you don't believe in my God, you're deifinitely going to my hell
3. I don't care if you live a moral and just life, you're still going to my hell if you don't BELIEVE.
4. The rapist murderer never up to any good? He's better than you. He BELIEVES. He is saved.
5. Science is bad for you. It'll teach you that the bible is mythical, the universe is billions of years old, it'll encourage you to reason logically which is bad for your faith. Science is doing more harm than good to humanity. *Sent from my iPad through the internet (God's creations of course)*

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 01, 2015
aaronson:
1-Lack of comprehension of basic school subjects :-Most christians out there never really understood basic school subjects like biology,physics and chemistry,On a second thought,there are extremely brilliant christians out there in those subjects aforementioned but they are actually brilliant for the sake of studying those subjects to pass,make A grade or become a tutor,they never link their understanding of those subjects to their existence on planet earth.

I read this, took a look at my family which boasts 2 doctors, a phd, an engineer and a computer programmer and promptly dismissed this piece of laughable idiocy.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by bxcode(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2015
aaronson:
My night was short,Trust yours was good?

Right,I tried to be democratic enough not draw no conclusion on my big bang theory or your bible creation story,what I simply did, was to let you know the one I adopt to go by same way you adopted creation from the bible,its wrong to draw conclusion on mine by saying its based on assumptions and uncertainties.

Secondly,you can't come up on here and tell me point blank that science approved of creation and aristotle's school of thought, In the science world,hypotheses are tested by random scientists so you can't be so sure about science when your claims isn't a theory.

Theories are the end product of claims in the sciences which are objective, however,it is In great contrast with your logical opinion which is subjective. Yes,from your logical perspective science agrees with religion but that's to your own understanding of the sciences but as me, Science is way ahead of religion and repels from bible stories,its based on the knowledge about what I know about science and knowledge about what you know about science,that's just the difference between you and me.
The difference between me and you ain't about mere knowledge of science, the difference between us is in one word; Faith. I live by faith and not by sight.
Happy New Month sir

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
bxcode:

The difference between me and you ain't about mere knowledge of science, the difference between us is in one word; Faith. I live by faith and not by sight.
Happy New Month sir
Sir,I don't see no difference between you and me,rather I see a difference between us and the animals and the only difference is we think but animals uses instinct,now if their being isn't by faith and they no bothered,don't you think the reason man bothers is becasue he thinks and since he didn't know how,he resorted to faith just like your opinion,but me as an individual,I'm trryna tell you,your existence on earth was conceived by the same earth you in with no creator,okay,to further buttress this point, think about this,If a god created you,then who created the god,if truly our existence was predetermined?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
davidylan:

I read this, took a look at my family which boasts 2 doctors, a phd, an engineer and a computer programmer and promptly dismissed this piece of laughable idiocy.
I think I'm gonna have the last laugh by telling you this quote from a wise man,"Education is not the learning of facts and figures but the training of the mind to think"--Albert Einstein

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by bxcode(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
aaronson:
Sir,I don't see no difference between you and me,rather I see a difference between us and the animals and the only difference is we think but animals uses instinct,now if their being isn't by faith and they no bothered,don't you think the reason man bothers is becasue he thinks and since he didn't know how,he resorted to faith just like your opinion,but me as an individual,I'm trryna tell you,your existence on earth was conceived by the same earth you in with no creator,okay,to further buttress this point, think about this,If a god created you,then who created the god,if truly our existence was predetermined?
No bro, there is a whole lot of difference here sir, because we have different believes and we see life differently. As per who created God, I can't tell you that because we can't solve that mystery either with science or with our peanut brain, and that is why science will keep on probing but you know what they can't figure out who God truly is or 1/10th of all his creations even in the next infinite years. What I can tell you is that I see his hands daily in my life, he is alive to me and that's why nothing about this earth really matters to me because to live is for Christ and to die is gain. I have not arrived, but I have lived. As per the animals, God created us differently from them in the sense that we are created in his own image and likeness and he gave a soul(spirit man) which is where we connect with him when we believe in him. Animals are just additional creatures of the almighty just like the plants so as to make the world more beautiful and he kept all these things under man's dominion, yet God takes care of them even to the least of them in his own specially designed way.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
aaronson:
I think I'm gonna have the last laugh by telling you this quote from a wise man,"Education is not the learning of facts and figures but the training of the mind to think"--Albert Einstein

Well you have not impressed me with your thinking just yet... perhaps you need more training. Your last post quoted by bxcode is a mishmash of illogic word salad and you seem not to know how to use punctuation at all. I'll give you this, at least you know how to copy/paste quotes.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
aaronson:
Sir,I don't see no difference between you and me,rather I see a difference between us and the animals and the only difference is we think but animals uses instinct,now if their being isn't by faith and they no bothered,don't you think the reason man bothers is becasue he thinks and since he didn't know how,he resorted to faith just like your opinion,but me as an individual,I'm trryna tell you,your existence on earth was conceived by the same earth you in with no creator,okay,to further buttress this point, t[b]hink about this,If a god created you,then who created the god[/b],if truly our existence was predetermined?

think about this instead - if you appeared by magic, how?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 02, 2015
davidylan:

I can't believe,with all the degrees you and your blood line holds,you still can ask an illiterate question. quite pathetic but anyways,i just realize you fall under my category one of the original post of this thread,take a trip back to the first page and see.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 02, 2015
davidylan:

Well you have not impressed me with your thinking just yet... perhaps you need more training. Your last post quoted by bxcode is a mishmash of illogic word salad and you seem not to know how to use punctuation at all. I'll give you this, at least you know how to copy/paste quotes.
All of a sudden,You left religion to english grammar,Aiit I got it,I admit I'm bad with grammar due to typing fast in course of replying my mentions,i just admit that and I'm sorry for being human making mistakes and wish to be super human like you who don't.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by frank317: 6:47am On Sep 02, 2015
davidylan:

Lol Mr engineer abi na doctor. Continue embarrassing urself.

To answer ur question: I think he was created by one bored man who appeared by magic and thought life would be fun if he created angels... But the angels messed up and want to overthrow him so he shooed them away and created man who still messed.
All this creator wants is to be praised continuously cry but since man won't do that he created hell to burn them forever.

I know I passed your question Mr doctor/engineer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 02, 2015
bxcode:

No bro, there is a whole lot of difference here sir, because we have different believes and we see life differently. As per who created God, I can't tell you that because we can't solve that mystery either with science or with our peanut brain, and that is why science will keep on probing but you know what they can't figure out who God truly is or 1/10th of all his creations even in the next infinite years. What I can tell you is that I see his hands daily in my life, he is alive to me and that's why nothing about this earth really matters to me because to live is for Christ and to die is gain. I have not arrived, but I have lived. As per the animals, God created us differently from them in the sense that we are created in his own image and likeness and he gave a soul(spirit man) which is where we connect with him when we believe in him. Animals are just additional creatures of the almighty just like the plants so as to make the world more beautiful and he kept all these things under man's dominion, yet God takes care of them even to the least of them in his own specially designed way.
You use to be logical with me but this your latest post is full of contradictions,here are the contradictions as follows....
1-You wrote we have different believes and see life differently and my question to this is,There many religion belief out there,over 5000 gods and more from different countries and religion so how do you know your amongst others seems to be the best? And Will others who believes in different god go to your own god hell fire?

2-As per who created god,you don't know-Now,I don't know is a place holder for christians/theists who haven't studied facts, history and research as regard their existence,rather,they live off what they was socialized with,which is an extra terrestrial called god.
Now,according to RON PAUL,he said "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" again, universal truth is not measure in mass appeal,that the mass of peoples say there is god might no be true and sometimes the 'M' might be silence in the mass people making them look AZZ just like the 3rd world nation who holds religion high esteem and still have the most problems.

3-You said Science can't solve the mystery-i tell you what,science is life long process of researches and objective emperical facts I can beat my chest and tell you,As am typing this,scientist are still on the research of discovering why is life only on earth and not other planets,however,No scientist and I repeat,No scientist makes research to know god's origin,biography or mysticism because god was only believed to be only in medieval era before the emergence of science but after the industrial revolution and the emergence of science,god was debunked as the creator of earth,man used science and technology to reshape the world and today the world is a global village,thanks to science.Now who were the people who kick started the pre-enlightenment era of science, scientists and where are they at the moment? First world countries.

4-god takes care of animals in his own special way---so logically,if he takes care of animals In his own special way,why did he allow the snake he created to go tempt eve or did he loose control of creation and let the devil have control?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2015
frank317:

Lol Mr engineer abi na doctor. Continue embarrassing urself.

To answer ur question: I think he was created by one bored man who appeared by magic and thought life would be fun if he created angels... But the angels messed up and want to overthrow him so he shooed them away and created man who still messed.
All this creator wants is to be praised continuously cry but since man won't do that he created hell to burn them forever.

I know I passed your question Mr doctor/engineer

stick to the point, stop evading the question....
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2015
aaronson:
You use to be logical with me but this your latest post is full of contradictions,here are the contradictions as follows....
1-You wrote we have different believes and see life differently and my question to this is,There many religion belief out there,over 5000 gods and more from different countries and religion so how do you know your amongst others seems to be the best? And Will others who believes in different god go to your own god hell fire?

2-As per who created god,you don't know-Now,I don't know is a place holder for christians/theists who haven't studied facts, history and research as regard their existence,rather,they live off what they was socialized with,which is an extra terrestrial called god.
Now,according to RON PAUL,he said "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" again, universal truth is not measure in mass appeal,that the mass of peoples say there is god might no be true and sometimes the 'M' might be silence in the mass people making them look AZZ just like the 3rd world nation who holds religion high esteem and still have the most problems.

3-You said Science can't solve the mystery-i tell you what,science is life long process of researches and objective emperical facts I can beat my chest and tell you,As am typing this,scientist are still on the research of discovering why is life only on earth and not other planets,however,No scientist and I repeat,No scientist makes research to know god's origin,biography or mysticism because god was only believed to be only in medieval era before the emergence of science but after the industrial revolution and the emergence of science,god was debunked as the creator of earth,man used science and technology to reshape the world and today the world is a global village,thanks to science.Now who were the people who kick started the pre-enlightenment era of science, scientists and where are they at the moment? First world countries.

4-god takes care of animals in his own special way---so logically,if he takes care of animals In his own special way,why did he allow the snake he created to go tempt eve or did he loose control of creation and let the devil have control?

you are so out of point...

..suddenly, he is no longer logical because he expressed his candid view...so much for your logical reasoning....

you are not even an intelligent atheist, you are such a wannabe.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by bxcode(m): 9:01am On Sep 02, 2015
aaronson:

Christianity is not a religion sir, it's a way of life. It a pity that humans out of their quest to suit themselves and do things that are convenient for them, they carved out different doctrines and beliefs that suits them most and religion only permits one to see only what services it. The history of Christianity which am sure you are aware of started in Antioch, and why did people call those disciples Christians then? It was because they were living out a Christ-like life as Jesus Christ did when he was on earth and hence the name Christians. So don't misconstrue the two of them please.
The truth about knowing God, you are only living in dreamland if you think that science will unravel fully beyond any reasonable doubt about the mystery of the creation of the universe. Think of it, billions of years have gone and yet the highest that science can boast of is their theories upon assumptions upon hypothesis upon etc. If science was that precise and accurate as ya all claim,why has it taken it so long to unravel more than what it has done so far? Dosent that tell you that something somewhere is protecting his works from man's full knowledge? And i can bet you a dollar Bill that neither you nor any scientist can unravel that mystery in this lifetime even if God allows you to live till he comes again in his glory, we will only come to that full knowledge when we stand before the throne of the creator of the entire universe, The almighty and all knowing God. Lemme shock you, uncountable discoveries are still to be made on this earth because the creator hid them all across the universe and man don't have the capacity to unravel all not to talk of knowing distinctively about God. If God shouldjust open our spiritual eyes today to that extent that will make us be like him, brother you will go and create another universe on your own as you are reading this post, but our peanut brain can't do that not until we see him on that last day.
As per your 4th question, God gave man a choice of freewill simple. So that you will get to know him outta your own obedience willingness and decision. God was waiting to see if man will understand the concept of authority in the garden of Eden, he gave Adam and eve instruction in Genesis that of all the trees in the garden you can eat thereof but for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they shouldn't eat because they shall die the day they do so.. but man gave into temptation and ate the fruit out of choice, but did man die? No. But man from that day unlocked a knowledge of moral consciousness that God never wanted him to have, that was the point they knew that they have been naked since God moulded them. Yes the devil manipulated the serpent because it was the craftiest of Gods creation, and the devil being a fallen angel had already rebelled against God at the inception of the world and was still fighting God's authority, and also darkness has since been upon the face of the deep. I can go on and on on this but gat works to do bro. God is real bro that's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by frank317: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

stick to the point, stop evading the question....

He is not only educated but has been on Nairaland for long to realize how silly the question is. For years on Nairaland and beyond, no one has conveniently discovered how the earth came to be. Research is still going on and theists are dulling us with silly postulations of how a man magically appeared and started creating the world with is suddenly out of his control.

What answer does he expect from the question and what answer does he have?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2015
bxcode:

Christianity is not a religion sir, it's a way of life. It a pity that humans out of their quest to suit themselves and do things that are convenient for them, they carved out different doctrines and beliefs that suits them most and religion only permits one to see only what services it. The history of Christianity which am sure you are aware of started in Antioch, and why did people call those disciples Christians then? It was because they were living out a Christ-like life as Jesus Christ did when he was on earth and hence the name Christians. So don't misconstrue the two of them please.
The truth about knowing God, you are only living in dreamland if you think that science will unravel fully beyond any reasonable doubt about the mystery of the creation of the universe. Think of it, billions of years have gone and yet the highest that science can boast of is their theories upon assumptions upon hypothesis upon etc. If science was that precise and accurate as ya all claim,why has it taken it so long to unravel more than what it has done so far? Dosent that tell you that something somewhere is protecting his works from man's full knowledge? And i can bet you a dollar Bill that neither you nor any scientist can unravel that mystery in this lifetime even if God allows you to live till he comes again in his glory, we will only come to that full knowledge when we stand before the throne of the creator of the entire universe, The almighty and all knowing God. Lemme shock you, uncountable discoveries are still to be made on this earth because the creator hid them all across the universe and man don't have the capacity to unravel all not to talk of knowing distinctively about God. If God shouldjust open our spiritual eyes today to that extent that will make us be like him, brother you will go and create another universe on your own as you are reading this post, but our peanut brain can't do that not until we see him on that last day.
As per your 4th question, God gave man a choice of freewill simple. So that you will get to know him outta your own obedience willingness and decision. God was waiting to see if man will understand the concept of authority in the garden of Eden, he gave Adam and eve instruction in Genesis that of all the trees in the garden you can eat thereof but for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they shouldn't eat because they shall die the day they do so.. but man gave into temptation and ate the fruit out of choice, but did man die? No. But man from that day unlocked a knowledge of moral consciousness that God never wanted him to have, that was the point they knew that they have been naked since God moulded them. Yes the devil manipulated the serpent because it was the craftiest of Gods creation, and the devil being a fallen angel had already rebelled against God at the inception of the world and was still fighting God's authority, and also darkness has since been upon the face of the deep. I can go on and on on this but gat works to do bro. God is real bro that's all I can say.
Christianity is no religion but a way of life,the only way of life that was ever taught in school was culture and if I could think back,Christianity is the jewish culture you adopted prior to colonization despite the fact that you had your own way of life so I agree with you on. that,Christianity isn't religion. Secondly,I like the fact that you said,billions of years has gone by but I tell you what? Christianity is barely 2000years old,how do you reconcile that?
I challenge you to figure out what science hasn't unravel,let me explain it to you extensively and comprehensively.
If you say god gave man freewill,then why would he wanna send me to hell if I don't wanna worship him since I got freewill?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2015
frank317:

He is not only educated but has been on Nairaland for long to realize how silly the question is. For years on Nairaland and beyond, no one has conveniently discovered how the earth came to be. Research is still going on and theists are dulling us with silly postulations of how a man magically appeared and started creating the world with is suddenly out of his control.

What answer does he expect from the question and what answer does he have?

science is only a fragment of knowledge, its not the embodiment of knowledge itself. theists dulling? you are funny dude.

there is more to life than science, stop overrating science. God is not obligated to answer you, just as you are not answerable to your computer. as humans, we were built to dominate the world, yet it doesn't take away our human flaws. more so, there is a true God, and there is a god of this world, manipulating the world with his evil agenda. this evil force is responsible for the state of the world as we see it. But God has an appointed time to reward every God and punish every evil. death is not the end of man, it is a transition from one form to another.

and for you to judge evil at any degree, evil has to prove its evil. Spiritual wickedness, human wickedness, and all forms of wickedness must prove they are evil. rape must take place before it is been called rape and judged accordingly. natural disasters must occur before demons are judged as such. pls I expect sincere and intelligent questions from what I have posted.......
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 10:39am On Sep 02, 2015
aaronson:
Christianity is no religion but a way of life,the only way of life that was ever taught in school was culture and if I could think back,Christianity is the jewish culture you adopted prior to colonization despite the fact that you had your own way of life so I agree with you on. that,Christianity isn't religion. Secondly,I like the fact that you said,billions of years has gone by but I tell you what? Christianity is barely 2000years old,how do you reconcile that?
I challenge you to figure out what science hasn't unravel,let me explain it to you extensively and comprehensively.
If you say god gave man freewill,then why would he wanna send me to hell if I don't wanna worship him since I got freewill?

your freewill determines your loyalty to him, its his own way of sorting the good from the bad. at that you know who deserves life and appreciates you for it, and who dosent. this is just as you allow machines to prove their worth which when they do not do what you made them for after efforts of repair, you finally discard them.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
well done...
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by frank317: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

science is only a fragment of knowledge, its not the embodiment of knowledge itself. theists dulling? you are funny dude.

there is more to life than science, stop overrating science. God is not obligated to answer you, just as you are not answerable to your computer. as humans, we were built to dominate the world, yet it doesn't take away our human flaws. more so, there is a true God, and there is a god of this world, manipulating the world with his evil agenda. this evil force is responsible for the state of the world as we see it. But God has an appointed time to reward every God and punish every evil. death is not the end of man, it is a transition from one form to another.

and for you to judge evil at any degree, evil has to prove its evil. Spiritual wickedness, human wickedness, and all forms of wickedness must prove they are evil. rape must take place before it is been called rape and judged accordingly. natural disasters must occur before demons are judged as such. pls I expect sincere and intelligent questions from what I have posted.......

I am no overrating science, how did I do that in my post? I just pointed out what science is doing as regard understanding how this world came to be. But if I must compare it to Christianity which claims they are worshipping the Almighty creator... I must say science has done better than enough. In face Christianity has done nothing compared to science. Science has improved our quality of life but Christianity is just about faith and claims yet achieving nothing.

God is not obligated to answer me? Lol. I want to ask you a simple question. Is there anything wrong with God proving himself and saving us all this stress?

If God is not obligated to answer why are you being his mouth piece? If he does not answer my questions how then am I obligated to even give him a consideration in my life?

Pls whose fault is it there is evil in this world. A world that had no evil before creation... How come evil started after your God started it?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
frank317:

I am no overrating science, how did I do that in my post? I just pointed out what science is doing as regard understanding how this world came to be. But if I must compare it to Christianity which claims they are worshipping the Almighty creator... I must say science has done better than enough. In face Christianity has done nothing compared to science. Science has improved our quality of life but Christianity is just about faith and claims yet achieving nothing.

God is not obligated to answer me? Lol. I want to ask you a simple question. Is there anything wrong with God proving himself and saving us all this stress?

If God is not obligated to answer why are you being his mouth piece? If he does not answer my questions how then am I obligated to even give him a consideration in my life?

Pls whose fault is it there is evil in this world. A world that had no evil before creation... How come evil started after your God started it?

perhaps you misunderstood the context of God not obligated to ANSWER.... my point remains that God is not answerable to you, he is sovereign, but if you seek him the way he expects, then he will reveal all that you NEED to know.

Christianity has improved the quality of my conscience and has defined my purpose on earth. science is only a (NOT the) tool I use to discover, manage, and dominate my world. simple.

you did not want your computer to have a virus, but somehow it did due to its processing activities in the cybernet, then you had to get an antivirus to address it periodically because your antivirus expires. am just using this analogy to explain some spiritual things to you since you understand the natural/physical world only.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

your freewill determines your loyalty to him, its his own way of sorting the good from the bad. at that you know who deserves life and appreciates you for it, and who dosent. this is just as you allow machines to prove their worth which when they do not do what you made them for after efforts of repair, you finally discard them.
its you again? You often sound worst in every question you answer eventhough the average christian try to talk reality stuff,you often make everything haphazard and disjointed,you could make christian turn atheist from your constant delusionary point of view of christianity,Freewill and loyalty to god,so god gave you freewill so he would test your loyalty to him eventhough he already promised you heaven or hell,does that make sense? Please don't ever join the evangelical team of your church,you gonna end up preaching confusion into clueless people.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
aaronson:
its you again? You often sound worst in every question you answer eventhough the average christian try to talk reality stuff,you often make everything haphazard and disjointed,you could make christian turn atheist from your constant delusionary point of view of christianity,Freewill and loyalty to god,so god gave you freewill so he would test your loyalty to him eventhough he already promised you heaven or hell,does that make sense? Please don't ever join the evangelical team of your church,you gonna end up preaching confusion into clueless people.

no. you are the one who lacks understanding and has drowned in delusion. freewill is not a license to rebel against God. its a licence to act responsibly. you are not designed as a robot, you were designed with a mind of your own to glorify God. freewill makes you responsible for your actions.

so stop kicking like a child denied a candy. You have decided in your mind not to worship God, stop the pretence of trying to sound concerned and realistic. stop fooling yourself. america is a FREE world, yet when you CHOOSE to rebel against the law that governs the land, you get the consequence. its that simple.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

no. you are the one who lacks understanding and has drowned in delusion. freewill is not a license to rebel against God. its a licence to act responsibly. you are not designed as a robot, you were designed with a mind of your own to glorify God. freewill makes you responsible for your actions.

so stop kicking like a child denied a candy. You have decided in your mind not to worship God, stop the pretence of trying to sound concerned and realistic. stop fooling yourself. america is a FREE world, yet when you CHOOSE to rebel against the law that governs the land, you get the consequence. its that simple.
This is how I know you so clueless and ignorant......"Freewill is not a license to rebel against god" how can an act be called rebel when freewill is ensured by the god?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by frank317: 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

perhaps you misunderstood the context of God not obligated to ANSWER.... my point God is not answerable to you, he is sovereign, but if you seek him the way he expects, then he will reveal all that you NEED to know.

Christianity has improved the quality of my conscience and has defined my purpose on earth. science is only a (NOT the) tool I use to discover, manage, and dominate my world. simple.

you did not want your computer to have a virus, but somehow it did due to its processing activities in the cybernet, then you had to get an antivirus to address it periodically because your antivirus expires. am just using this analogy to explain some spiritual things to you since you understand the natural/physical world only.

Proving himself to his creation does not take away his sovereignty. Using his creations to convince his creations that he exists even after giving us each brain to reason out issues is not working. Of course he should know this. He is not answerable to me , how does that clear my doubt. In fact if he is really the God you say he is, he should understand why I don't believe he exists and do the right thing about it not use people that I percieve as confused and delusional to do the work.

Religion improved your conscience? And that is what this whole God this is all about? Why does this statement sound selfish to me? Well I for one do not need Christianity to have a quality conscience. I know what is right and people around me can testify that I could be trustworthy to an extent, even better than most christians I know.

If anyone makes a computer that is susceptible to virus is it the computer's fault or the makers fault? Your God's case is even worst, he the creator of both the virus and the computer and created the computer to be susceptible to the virus he created. He even gave this computer free will and brain to think on its own and leaves room for the virus to over multiply in different deceptive forms and he goes hiding.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
frank317:

Proving himself to his creation does not take away his sovereignty. Using his creations to convince his creations that he exists even after giving us each brain to reason out issues is not working. Of course he should know this. He is not answerable to me , how does that clear my doubt. In fact if he is really the God you say he is, he should understand why I don't believe he exists and do the right thing about it not use people that I percieve as confused and delusional to do the work.

Religion improved your conscience? And that is what this whole God this is all about? Why does this statement sound selfish to me? Well I for one do not need Christianity to have a quality conscience. I know what is right and people around me can testify that I could be trustworthy to an extent, even better than most christians I know.

If anyone makes a computer that is susceptible to virus is it the computer's fault or the makers fault? Your God's case is even worst, he the creator of both the virus and the computer and created the computer to be susceptible to the virus he created. He even gave this computer free will and brain to think on its own and leaves room for the virus to over multiply in different deceptive forms and he goes hiding.

the quality conscience without God is like smoke denying fire.

one day the value of your conscience would change with events and circumstances.

stop deceiving yourself, when the computer was made, there was antivirus.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by frank317: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

the quality conscience without God is like smoke denying fire.

one day the value of your conscience would change with events and circumstances.

stop deceiving yourself, when the computer was made, there was antivirus.

Your conscience that is based on some invisible being is self deciet. Its based on the promise of heaven and the fear of hell. How do you not feel guilty when it conscience is sound based on all these never proven promises.

The value of your conscience changes everyday, bu ohh all you have to do is go on ur knees and mumble some forgiveness prayers and you are free. Oh what a conscience.

How does the presence of antivirus at the production of computer explain venerate your God from being the creator of evil?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by bxcode(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
aaronson:
Bro, you are beginning to sound naive with your posts, so if I adopt a particular way of life it becomes a culture? Seriously?
Coming to the age of Christianity and comparing it to billions if years gone by, the question you should be asking if you are willing to look at things from other perspective and not only from what you yourself think, feel, heard, seen or tasted is what came about Christianity at that particular point in time. The answer is this, ever since man disobeyed God and brought evil upon the earth and himself in the days of Adam, God have been looking for a way to reconcile man to himself in such a way that after he had done so man will still have his freewill in tact and not feel coerced to love him. Take for instance marrying someone you love forcefully without allowing that person too accept you, I tell you that person will not have a good relationship with you no matter how you shower her with love, that is how it is between us and God. It's not as if God can't make all men love him but they will end up being like people under spell. So in attempt to get that perfect reconciliation, God over the years tried with his commandments, prophets, signs and wonders, outright punishment once you break that commandment as can be found in the old testament of the bible, yet man still rebelled against God and was still misled by the devil the author of evil. All these happened until God finally gave his son to come and pay that perfect sacrifice of forgiveness and reconciliation on the cross of Calvary for our sins, God poured his wrath and judgement over sin on Jesus once and for all for our sake out of the love he has for us. And that settled everything, that anyone who believes in Jesus should not perish again but have eternal life and the meaning of that eternal life can be found in John 17vs 3 which says 'And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.' It's not your fault that the world is what it is today, it was never God's intention, man through Adam brought sin and death upon himself out of choice found in that same freewill you are talking about as a result of disobedience, through another man Jesus, redemption and reconciliation was made. The truth is that God is not ticked off anymore, he ain't in a bad mood, God is happy, his wrath was poured out on his son Jesus and he ain't angry with people anymore, he loves humanity, he loves You and will continue to. You know people think that they are gonna go to hell because they are homosexuals or becus they smoke or steal or because of this sin and that one, that's not true, there is justice for sure, what's gonna send you to he'll is if one dosent accept that offer the and payment for your own sins. The question that God is gonna ask you on judgement day is simply: what have you done with Jesus? Now those that rejected that ultimate prize will be held accountable for their actions and be judged by them. Everything revolves around Jesus. The devil knows all these things that's why he is deceiving people with many antics and manipulations like putting in their heart that there is no God, sickness, afflictions etc so that they will turn away from God and even go ahead and blame God for the evil that he the devil himself causes in our world today.
On what science haven't discovered yet, bro seriously? I can shut down nairaland listing them. lol.. let's start with these:
has science discovered how to bring back human beings back to life after they must have died?
Has science discovered how to create human beings 100% as the way a baby is born despite knowing all the nitty gritty involved in pregnancy and formation of baby, don't tell us about cloning please.
Has science unraveled how to put life in another planet and sustain it?
Has science discovered all the planetary bodies which God created in the entire universe? when I was in secondary school we were taught that we have 9 planets only but before i graduated from the university the figure have doubled miraculously and is still increasing, i think they now even have one named after Cristiano Ronaldo CR7. The list is endless...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Adeboye Is Innocent / Help! I Need A Genuine Prophet's Contact / The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.