Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (474607 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by peter(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
hefelove:

me denied u ke i dare not whats that ur number again sef

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
hefelove:
phone number tongue
I don't remember giving my number to you o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by hefelove(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
[quote author=peter post=47262474][/quote] lmaooooo yes? who u epp?

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by peter(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Rukkydelta:

I don't remember giving my number to you o

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
[quote author=peter post=47263515][/quote] M.Y.B
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by donkross1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Rukkydelta:

M.Y.B

Rukkydelta:

M.Y.B

hefelove:

lmaooooo yes? who u epp?

Rukkydelta:

M.Y.B

The guy don hear na cheesy

Thanks for the thing we talked about wink
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
donkross1:

The guy don hear na cheesy

Thanks for the thing we talked about wink
Lol! Welcome dearie
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 18 part 4
**6am**

Stainless could perceive the thick odor of weed emanating from somewhere inside the house. He began to wonder if Don was already up as early as that and the only thing he could think of was to smoke. Stainless gulped down the bottle of water and flung the empty bottle into the waste bin. He closed the door to the refrigerator and turned off the light in the kitchen before exiting the place. He began to trace the smell to where it was coming from.

True to his thoughts, he was led to nowhere else than the room where Don had passed the night. He pushed widely open the door which was left ajar. Don took a glance back at him and turned again to face the mirror in front of which he was sitting.

'Don, this thing you're smoking, don't you think it still attract unnecessary attention to us here?' Stainless asked, charging towards Don.

Don didn't not reply immediately but took in another drag and let out a huge mold of thick dark smoke.

'When did it become illegal to smoke in one's residence?' Don asked, giving Stainless a nonchalant attitude.

'But I only come to this place to hide, I never announce my presence to the neighborhood.'Stainless argued.

'And who's announcing your presence?'

'You, don't you know they'll be perceiving the smoke all around and would surely know that it's from here.'

'Okay, you win.' Don finally agreed to stop, knowing that Stainless wasn't going to take no for an answer.

There was a long silence between them. The duo stared at their reflections shown in the mirror facing them. Stainless was putting on a white turned brown single and a blue boxers while Don was in his black trouser jean with nothing to cover his chest.

'Don't you think you need to cut your hair again? You're looking like the wanted man again.' Stainless broke the silence, trying to mock Don but Don didn't feel mocked, he also had been thinking of cutting his hair too and shaping his beards, which was contrary to his style before he was declared wanted.

'I don't think she'll come anymore,' Don said, ignoring the last remark made by Stainless.

'Who?'

'Who else? Samantha.'

'Okay but why do you think so? Weren't you the one that suggested she'll be coming very soon for us and we are already making plans to trap her?'

'She won't be coming soon anymore, I think she has a lot to do already.'

'What do you mean?' Stainless sounded confused.

'She kidnapped the Senate President yesterday.'

Stainless was dumbfounded. He closed his eyes for a while to assimilate the news. 'You mean she wasn't hiding from the police like we were yesterday?'

Don stared at his face without responding. The kind of look in Don's eyes already expressed his reply. Stainless could read it as, 'do I look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about?'

'But how come? How could she do it that same yesterday? Are you sure she was the one we met at that house?'

Don still didn't reply immediately, he just remained calm staring at Stainless' face, he folded his arms.

'If she's not the one? Then who could it be?' Don asked, getting up from the seat.

'So what do we do now?'

'We have to go look for her,' Don replied.

'But the plan was that she'll come to meet us.'

'Plan has changed Stainless, ' Don said. 'She would not come to look for us now, I don't even think she's thinking of us yet.'

'Then what do we do?'

'We'll go in search of her.'

'But that would be dangerous,' Stainless opposed. 'We don't have any idea of where she operates from right now and she could lead us into a trap, we don't know her next plan yet.'

'We know her plan,' Don retorted, Stainless gave him a quick surprised look. 'Yes, we know her next target.'

'Who?'

'The Vice President, that's why the man is impatient about the matter. I think Tarasha is doing more than just political assassinations for Chief Gab, it's a vengeance mission and Chief Elvis has been able to trace it, so he knows he's the next in line.'

++++

**6am**

Jefa wondered who was knocking on his door early as that. He rarely had visitors, so he thought it was one of his neighbours who had come to relay the landlord's message to him. Jefa rolled around the bed, using his hand to search around for his torchlight. Then he noticed that the mattress was larger than usual and raised above the ground level. He sat up and that was when he realized that he wasn't in the room of his rented apartment. The events of the recent past days flashed back into his mind, he then remembered that he was in his younger sister's house.

The knock came again and he heard Omotara's voice. 'Come in, I didn't lock the door.' He said on top of his voice.

Omotara gently opened the door and stepped in, she turned on the light and paused to look at her brother who was squinting to accommodate the new brightness the light had introduced.

'Good morning... Ermm...sir' she stammered as she wondered what the right words were to address him with. She had long forgotten what it meant to have an elder brother or even how to greet one. 'Good morning brother,' she greeted again as she proceeded towards the bed and sat by the side.

'Good morning Omotara,' Jefa replied with a smile. He rolled out of the blanket and placed his legs on the floor.

'How are you feeling this morning?'

'I'm feeling better, the treatment has worked quite better than what I received in the hospital.' Jefa replied happily. Omotara smiled back at him mischievously, if only the man knew that some hard drugs which she mixed with the medicine were part of the reason why he felt so strong, he wouldn't be so glad about his new feeling.

'How was work?' Jefa asked.

'Fine,' she smiled, taking a look around the room. She noticed that it had been disorganized. 'What happened here?' She asked with a slight frown.

'Nothing,' Jefa's smiling face gave way for a deep frown as he remembered his dream and the plan he had to leave Omotara house and life forever. 'I was trying to search for the clothes you brought for me.'

'But why? I thought I showed you another collection of new clothes.'

'I want to return home this morning Tara, I want to go back to my house.'

'Why brother? You've not even finished receiving treatment, the nurse is still here.'

'I'm strong already,' Jefa got up and jogged on the spot to emphasize his point.

'No, you can't go home now. This is your new home.'

'No, I don't want to stay with you. I don't want to bring my bad luck upon you.'

'What do you mean brother? What are you talking about?'

'I've been having a lot of bad dreams recently. It started since I saw you and began to look for you. All those dreams have been pointing to something; they've been warning me not to reunite with you, it could cause a disaster.'

'Come on, don't worry. Dreams most times are just a reflection of the contents of our minds and nothing really serious; that means you've been scared of meeting with me.' Omotara said with a smile, moving closer to him on the bed. She had an unusual feeling of warmness when she talked with him, something she had not felt for a long while.

'No, these dreams are real and the signs have began to show already.'

'No, they are not real.' Omotara argued, placing a palm on his knee. 'Just clear your mind off the wrong pictures.'

'They are,' Jefa remained adamant. 'I was listening to the radio late last night after another bad dream and I heard that your boyfriend has been seriously sick in the hospital for some days now, since the same day I had the accident.'

'My boyfriend?' Omotara muttered, looking lost.

'I don't want to disturb the peace between lovers, I also don't want to bother you with my problems now that your boyfriend is also seriously ill and needs your attention.' Jefa continued without paying attention to her face. He held her palms tightly in his.

'My boyfriend? Who is that?' She asked in a low voice, hoping he wasn't referring to Henry.

'Isn't he your boyfriend? Or are you people married already?'

'Married? I'm not married to anyone.'

'I'm talking about Henry, Henry Ekene. His love for you is always seen in his eyes anytime he speaks about you.' Jefa revealed.

Omotara slowly released his hands and stood up from the bed, she folded her arms and turned her back against him to hide her facial expression which had turned evil at the sound of Henry's name. She hated thinking about him now, she hated all the emotions which he had brought back into her life and regretted allowing the feelings to control her to the point of forgetting the ampoule in his house.

Jefa got up and stood behind her, he placed a hand on her shoulder. 'He loves you, I know he truly loves you.' Tarasha's heart melted at Jefa's words and her shoulders dropped, her heart began to beat fast as Henry's helpless picture flashed back into her mind. She could remember the disappointed look on his face when he saw her in his house and that look he kept when she was done setting up the drip.

'I was going to his house that day, he called me to warn you if I see you anywhere, not to come into town for now. He sounded concerned about you, like you were in trouble of some sort.' Jefa paused, he noticed her countenance, it looked like she was sobbing. He held her elbow from behind and turned her to face him. Her eyes looked teary, he thought she could burst out loud in tears any moment from then. She buried her face in his chest and he embraced and patted her back, consoling her for what he was unaware of.

~~~

7am

All through the night, Chief Elvis kept turning around the bed, unable to have a good night rest as he met with a nightmare anytime he closed his eyes. A girl with a masked face was always pursuing after him, telling him to confess his sins to the nation and whole world else she would kill him sooner than he expected.

A message entered into his phone and it beeped. He quickly got out of the bed and picked the phone on the drawer. His mind began to beat fast as he saw the notification, his email message had been replied to already. He opened the message and quickly read through. The Villary Gang had gotten his message and confirmed his previous relationship with them. They also attached in the message two phone numbers which he could use to contact his old associate, Matvei.

Chief Elvis quickly copied the number and pasted it on his dialpad. He clicked the dial command and placed it on his ears.

'Hello,' a gruff voice came through.

'Hello Matvei,' Chief Elvis smiled as he could recall the voice of his old time Russian associate.

'Who is this and how can I help you?' The voice continued in a thick Russian accent.

'It's your friend Matvei, it's Elvis Richards from Nigeria.'

'Elvis Richards,' the receiver seemed to think for a while, maybe trying to recall the name. 'Elvis Richards?' The voice repeated.

'Yes, Elvis Richards, I and my associates used to supply you fresh raw materials from Nigeria.' Elvis explained more.

'Oh!' The gruff voice exclaimed. 'It's been a long while, your voice sounds older now.'

'Yes, yours sounds older too.' Elvis replied with a brief laugh.

'Well, that's the effects of aging.' Matvei remarked. 'So what's the purpose of this call? You want to start business with us again? You want to supply us goods?'

'No, not that business now. I know whom to call if it's to start supply again'

'Humm... I hope you're not talking about Vlasdislav,' Matvei said.

'Yes, of course Vlasdislav. Is there any problem?' Elvis asked, noticing the uneasiness in Matvei's tone.

'Vlasdislav has betrayed us, he's betrayed the Villary Gang, he doesn't work for us anymore. He took some trainees with him to an enemy gang.'

'Wow! That's interesting. So he works for another Gang now?'

'Yes, he works in the Nefary Clan. I'm aware that they have one of their bests in your country now.'

'Huh? One of their bests?'

'Yes, a girl who is one of their bests is in your country now. It was reported on the world news how she kidnapped your Senate President at night time in your place.'

'Huh?' Elvis widened his eyes in shock at the quick spread of the news. 'That's exactly the same reason why I'm calling you.'

'Huh? Did you think she came from us?'

'No, I don't have an idea of where she was from. You see, the person she kidnapped last night was one of my colleagues who was part of the team that used to send you raw materials.'

'Oh! So your Senate President was part of the team?'

'Yes, but he wasn't the Senate President then, so was I not the Vice President then too.'

'Oh! You're the Vice President now?' Matvei said with a roar of laughter. 'Your country keeps voting in corrupt leaders.'

'Ermm... Don't talk like that, I'm not corrupt anymore, that's why I stopped doing business with you.'

'Okay, I see Mr Changed man.' Matvei said with a mockery tone. 'Why then did you search for my contact again?'

'Yes... Ermm...' Elvis struggled to find words. 'That girl, who you say is from your enemy Gang has killed all the rest of my business partners. Only two of us are left alive and the Senate President who happens to be the second person has also been kidnapped by her gang. I'll be her next target. The police are helpless about the situation and that's why I'm calling. I need another assassin who can help me kill her and whoever is her sponsor.'

'Do you know who her sponsor or sponsors are?'

'No, I don't.'

'But that should not be difficult to know. It should be one of your associates. As at the time of your deal with us, you were the only Nigerians we had business with, and Vlasdislav was the one communicating directly with you. I'm sure it would be someone who still has Vlasdislav contact.'

'Ermm... I don't care who it is right now. All I need is another competent assassin who can protect my life.'

'But I thought you guys said you'll never need use of assassins then when we offered to give you ones that would help your political careers.'

'Yes, I know we said that but my life is in danger now and I seriously need protection. You can't start judging me by what I said twenty years ago, things have changed. I need your best man right now.'

'Okay, you need our best man?'

'Yes, your best man.'

'That'll cost you a lot of money.'

'There's no problem, I can pay anything.'

'Cool then... Call me back tomorrow.'

'Tomorrow?'

'Yes.'

'Why not later today?'

'No, call me by three am your time tomorrow.'

'But...'

'It takes time to select the best or isn't that what you want?' Matvei scolded him.

'Okay,' Elvis finally gave up.

'Now, I'll send the billing information to your email in thirty minutes time.'

'It's okay,' Elvis replied. After some few seconds of more unnecessary talks, the call was ended. Elvis returned to his bed and sank into it. He began to think of the next step to take, it might take sometime for Matvei to help him arrange the assassin and he wasn't sure Samantha would wait that long before coming for him, he needed to do something quick.

He began to think of Gabriel who was possibly still alive, could it mean that Gabriel was the one sponsoring Samantha? But how could it be? Gabriel had nothing left and was terribly sick without care from anyone. There was something more to it. Maybe there was another unknown enemy elsewhere whom his group had greatly offended.

He also began to think of leaving the country for a while but his position and responsibility as the Vice President of the nation would not permit him to do that. He tightened his fists and banged his hands on the mattress in frustration.

His phone rang again, distracting him from his temporary madness. He climbed off the bed and picked the phone. The call was from Don.

'Sir, I'm in your living room now.'

'Okay,' Chief Elvis replied and took a long pause to think of what more Don could do for him. ' Ill join you soon,' he finally said, rubbing his beards.

...to be continued
Read Chapter 18 Part 5-8 on www.youngicee.com

4 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
JEREMYBENTHAM:
ME TOO. barrmacibbesq@gmail.com
Sent
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by JEREMYBENTHAM: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Oyinprince:
Sent
THANKS
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by dimssy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
evil men do come to live with them in the future. Thanks for the update Oyinprince.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
*yawn*

This story don go far gidi gan o shocked

Abeg who miss me?

*** nobody, i guess embarassed ***
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by abossedey(f): 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Oyinprince pls send it to me too @ oluwanisolaabosede01@gmail.com thanks
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
*yawn*
This story don go far gidi gan o shocked

**** Abeg who miss me?
*** nobody, i guess embarassed ***
e b lyk say I miss u oo
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
missuniverse:
e b lyk say I miss u oo
You're a good friend smiley

Wetin come you chop remain for me? wink
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SimpleBea(m): 12:18am On Jul 10, 2016
Can i be your henry?.
Rukkydelta:
Tarasha.. my heroin

Tarasha.. you are my role model

Tarasha.. the conqueror

Tarasha.. I shall follow your foot steps

Tarasha.. you are the best

Tarasha.. I have a dream of becoming a terrorist like you cheesy

Oyinprince thanks for introducing me to tarasha
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SimpleBea(m): 12:57am On Jul 10, 2016
I am wowed by the way you write. I am happy seeing someone writing and believing that Nigeria will be a better nation one day, improving our health facilities, seeing less corrupt officials and more importantly tapping into the aura of Internet and tecnology.

Ride on Oyinprince.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:35am On Jul 10, 2016
SimpleBea:
I am wowed by the way you write. I am happy seeing someone writing and believing that Nigeria will be a better nation one day, improving our health facilities, seeing less corrupt officials and more importantly tapping into the aura of Internet and tecnology.

Ride on Oyinprince.
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:35am On Jul 10, 2016
Chapter 18 PT 5
7. 45am

Omotara pushed open the room door with her left leg as she carried in the tray which contained the sliced bread, plate of fried eggs, a cup and a jug of tea. Jefa smiled on seeing her, he sat up and dragged the short stool closer to the bed for her to place the tray.

'But why do you bother? I thought you were going to call me to the dining table when the food was ready.' Jefa said, smiling as she dropped the tray on the stool.

'I just thought not to bother you, you don't need to come there when you can enjoy your breakfast here.'

'Hmm...' Jefa took in a deep breath as he watched the hot vapour rise while Omotara poured the tea into the mug from the jug. He didn't remember ever being served like this in his life. He wished he could listen to Tara's pleas to allow her get an accommodation for him close to herself.

'You have to eat now, the nurse said you have some medicines to take by eight o'clock,' Omotara said to Jefa, taking a glance at the wall clock.

'Thank you,' Jefa moved closer and placed his hand on the tray, wondering whether it was the bread he should take first or tea. He finally had to take the bread first and quickly when he noticed that Tara had her eyes on him and was smiling.

'I have to go out soon,' Omotara said, few seconds after Jefa began to eat.

Jefa took a quick questioning look at her, 'I thought you were just coming from work, won't you take a rest at least?' He asked with bread still in his mouth.

'I'll rest when I return,' she replied, smiling. 'It's important that I go out now.'

'Okay, if you say so. But please, do come early so you can rest well.'

'Yeah I will, please call me on phone if you need me to get anything for you.' She said before walking out of the room.

+++

'Good morning Ken,' Dakolo greeted as he walked into the station. Ken was gathered with some other officers at the reception.

'Good morning sir,' Ken and the officers turned to salute the Agent.

'How far Ken?' Dakolo said, extending his hand to Ken for an handshake. 'Has there been any success report on the anti-bomb squad's trial to remove the bomb in the car?'

'No sir, what they are talking about now is moving the car away from the compound.' Ken replied, walking alongside with Dakolo.

'That's interesting! Those mechanisms are weird you know. Until now I've never come across such in all my years of experience.' Dakolo said. They began to climb up the stairs together.

'I've never come across them too.'

'Well...I think the best option now is to move the whole car like they've said. When are they moving it?'

'They've written to authorities for the urgent provision of the heavy duty vehicle needed.'

'Okay,' Dakolo opened his office and walked into the office with Ken.

'I've sent the sample from the bottle to the hospital already, ' Ken said as they took their seats.

'And have you gotten a reply from the Doctor confirming that he has received it?'

'Not yet, it's just eight o'clock and the Doctor would just be resuming, I'll wait till eight thirty and call if I don't get a reply by then.'

+++

'Good morning nurse,' a young man with brown coul coloured hair greeted as he approached the reception.

'Good morning sir, what may I do for you?' A slim dark nurse answered him.

'I need to see the head laboratory scientist' the young man said.

'What's your card number?' The nurse asked.

'No card number,' he replied, shaking his head. 'I only want to see the officials in charge of the laboratory, I'm not a patient.'

'Why sir? Do you need a lab test or something?'

'Yes nurse, kind of.' He brought out an ID card and displayed to the nurse. 'I'm also a lab scientist, a Clinical Pathologist. I work in Government City Hospital, Capetown South Africa.'

'Okay, so do you have an official letter referring you to this place?'

'No, actually I'm here on a personal visit. I actually came to Nigeria for a short visit with some of my friends and we discovered some liquids, that's why I need to see the lab scientist.'

'Okay,' the nurse said and took some steps away. She dialed a number on the landline and said some few things before returning to the visitor. 'You may be seated, a nurse would come and pick you up now.'

'Oh! Thanks,' he replied with a smile and joined some others at the reception seats.

In a short while he saw the nurse pointing him to a younger nurse dressed in a different colour of uniform with an ID card around her neck. He got up and approached the new nurse.

'Please come with me sir,' the new nurse said to him and led the way. From her stature and her voice, he could tell that she was less than twenty years old.

'Are you also a full time nurse here?' His curiosity led him to ask.

'No sir, ' she replied him smiling as they climbed up the stairs. 'I'm an IT student from the university of Abuja.'

'Oh! I can see, that explains the ID card you have on your neck.'

'Yes sir.'

'So for how long have you been here? I mean how long have you started your IT here?'

'It's two months now.'

'Okay, that means you should know your way around the place well.'

'Hmm... Yes, I do.'

'Ermm...' The young man wanted to continue his questions but they already got to their destination. The student nurse knocked on the door and opened after listening for a response.

She ushered him in and closed the door behind.

'From Government City Hospital, Capetown?' The aged clinical pathologist behind the desk asked, raising his thick lens glasses.

'Yes sir,' the young man replied.

'Do have your seat,' the pathologist pointed him to one of the visitors seat. 'You may leave now,' he said to the young nurse who curtsied and turned away.

'Thank you sir,' the visitor said and settled into one of the chairs, he also thanked the young nurse before she stepped out.

'Yes, Good morning. What can I do for you?'

'Morning sir, like I told the nurse downstairs, I came to spend my holiday in Nigeria with my friends and we discovered some fluids which I've been conducting some tests on but I've not been able to access enough facilities to do so, that's why I need to make use of your laboratory to finalize my research.'

'Where's the fluid and where did you get it from?' The older man asked, relaxing back into his chair. He dragged his eyeglasses down a little and gave the young man a searching look, more interested in the hairstyle.

'Here's it,' he took out a bottle from his bag and handed it to the man. 'We found the liquid in bottle at a garden.'

'What have you concluded on it so far?'

The young man replied by handing him a paper which contained the answer to the man's question.

'Hmm,' the old man let out a deep breath after going through it. 'Please may I see your ID card?'

The young man took out the ID card and displayed to the man.

'So where are your friends whom you discovered the fluid together?'

'We were supposed to come here together but one of them had an emergency to attend to.'

'Okay,' the man said and rose to his feet. He picked his lab coat from where it was hung and put it on. He then picked the fluid bottle from the table. 'Let's go to the lab.'

The young man got up and followed him immediately. The pathologist led him out of the office and walk in direction of the lab.

The young man's phone rang and be quickly halted to answer the call.

'Hello... What?' He shouted as if something bad had happened. 'Alright, I'm coming now.'

'Hope there's no problem?'

'Ermm... Sir, there is one. I was just informed that one of my colleagues was just involved in a fatal accident. I'm sorry, I have to go now.'

'It's okay, but can we get your phone number?'

'Let me get yours sir, I'll call you once I get home.' The young man said and quickly typed in the number as called by the pathologist. 'Okay sir.' He turned to the opposite direction.

'No, take here. This place is faster.' The pathologist said. The young man turned back and took the direction he was asked to take. The lab scientist saw the man off to the stairs before returning to his office, still with the bottle in his hands, staring at it from time to time.

++

'Thanks officer, I've gotten your message and I'm starting work on it now.' Doctor Tobi was speaking into the phone in a very formal tone. 'Well, Henry should be better now. I'm just resuming duty and I've not checked him yet.... Okay, thanks.' He finally ended the call and dropped into his swivel, he picked up the document and began to read the report that accompanied the sample. As he progressed in reading, a serious look began to form on his face. He picked up the bottle containing the sample from time to time and stared at it as if to ask the content if it was really it that had such a report written for.

After sometime, he got impatient and got up from his chair. He picked the bottle and document, he dipped them back into the box they had come with and proceeded out of his office, planning to go straight to the lab. He did not take more than five steps when he realized that he had not performed the compulsory morning ward round. He reluctantly returned to his office and sat back on his seat, he picked up a file which contained the list of all patients he was responsible for, he picked the file and quickly hurried out to check the patients.

Henry's ward was the last one he visited, he met only one police officer watching over Henry instead of three. He didn't bother to ask about the others but just proceeded to check the patient.

Henry was seated with his back rested. His face looked dull, he had drastically reduced in weight and his bones were appearing under his neck, he was pale shadow of his former self.

The Doctor opened the file and began to write in something as he got to Henry's front. The patient made no visible body movement, neither did his face or eyes move in response to the person who just stepped in front of him.

Doctor Tobi moved closer to Henry and stared into his face, he used his fingers to widen Henry's eyes and carefully observed the colour. He jotted down some things before leaving the ward and proceeding back to his office. He picked up the box he was supposed to take with him to the lab and with the file still in his hands, he walked back out of the office, then to the nurses station and dropped the file with them before proceeding to the lab.

+++

'How did it go?' Tarasha asked Benny as he opened the door to the passengers side of the car.

'Fine,' he replied, taking his seat.

'Everything went as planned?'

'Yes, there were no errors made.' He answered, taking off the attached beard to his chin. He ruffled his coloured hair with his palms.

'Don't worry, you only need to rinse well with water and it'll be gone.' Tarasha said to him. He stopped ruffling the hair and took off the waist bag and moved it to the back seat.

Tarasha started the car engine and drove off in silence. Benny kept stealing glances at Tarasha all the time, she looked relaxed and refreshed of some sort, he wondered what or who she went to meet in the house. They got to their destination after forty five minutes drive.

The living room was already set as instructed by Tarasha. A backdrop had been improvised to one side of the parlour and a one seater sofa decorated and placed in front of it, the other sofas were moved away to create space in the middle.

Tarasha and Benny took into the house the bulbs Tarasha had gotten from town. Tarasha climbed on Benny's shoulder and inserted the new bulb to the lamp holder while Cole set up the camera.

'Go get the man,' Tarasha ordered Benny after everything was set for the recording.

One minute later, Benny returned with the handcuffed man and led him to the seat prepared for him.

'Well, did he make any other call?' Tarasha speaking only to Cole's hearing.

'Yes, to the same number,'Cole replied in the same low tone. 'He told them that we were planning to record a video of him but he didn't know what we were expecting him to say yet.'

'Hehe,' Tarasha chuckled, 'that means he's not ready yet, he still needs some special preparations for this video.' Her phone rang and distracted her attention. She took it out and looked t the screen, then she took some steps away before answering.

'Hello sir,' she spoke into the phone.

'Hello Evelyn, I've been waiting for your reply.' Mr Sylvester's voice came through.

'Yes sir, I've been trying but getting the same results on my laptop. I need to come make use of the app facilities in the office, I'll be coming this afternoon.'

'Okay please, I'll expect you. Greet your mother for me.'

'Okay sir,' she said and ended the call. She switched off her phone before putting it into the pocket of her trousers.

'Boss, what do you say we do now?' Cole asked in low tones.

'You know, I think the man trusts me a lot,' Tarasha said to Cole's hearing alone, glancing at the Senate President who was also looking towards her. 'I think he trusts me because he heard me recite the Quran in the car, he still believes that I'm a Muslim like him. That's why he's feeling comfortable that I promised that we won't kill him, he trusts my word and he's not panicking, else he would have communicated with more aggression in his phone calls. He needs more preparation,' she paused and turned to take another look at Nasiru again. 'Bring him here,' she said loudly, to Benny. She signaled for Cole to leave the front of the three seater sofa where he stood.

Benny led the man gently to Tarasha and made him sit before her on the sofa.

Tarasha placed a foot beside the man's knee on the chair and bent to stare into his face.

'Did you really believe me when I said we weren't going to kill you?' She asked gently but in a strict voice.

Nasiru was quite surprised at the question but he made no visible expression and no response.

'Did you really think I wasn't going to kill you?' Tarasha asked again.

Nasiru stared into her face for a while before finally replying. 'You,' he said and paused, he took quick glances at Cole, Aisha and Benny and then returned his gaze to Tarasha. 'You don't look like a killer.' He finally said with a serious look, moving his head slowly.

Tarasha smiled at his words and then took her legs off the sofa. She paced around for some seconds and then turned back to him.

'You don't look like a killer,' Nasiru continued when Tarasha kept looking at him without saying anything. 'For some years of my life now, I've been working with people who are passionate about helping people and you look like one, I can tell you have a good heart.'

Tarasha paused and stepped back to think for a while. Did the man really mean what he said or was he just trying to gain pity from her? She asked herself. She took another glance at his face and concluded from his facial expression that he wasn't saying it to gain pity. But did her face really look like somebody who was passionate about helping people? Like someone with a good heart? No, it couldn't be. That was a description for weak people and she couldn't take it. She couldn't be weak.

She closed her eyes tightly for a while and then realized what must have caused the hogwash the man was seeing in her. It must have been her recent heart talk with her brother, that had spark off emotions in her again. She remembered the warm feeling she felt while talking to him, that could be the reason why she suddenly looked like a person with a good heart.

And that was it, that was the reason they had always been warned during her training times not to give room for emotions at all. It could make one weak and render one useless at the end of the day.

She was angry with herself, for allowing herself to relate with her brother so passionately. Now, she had to allow him leave her life like he wanted, forever or she would be forced to render him useless like Henry or better still, kill him.

She opened her eyes again and this time it was bloodshot. She was breathing heavily but slowly. She moved back slowly to Nasiru and placed her foot back on the sofa, staring back into his face.

This time, a sudden fear beclouded Nasiru's heart immediately. He began to tremble visibly. Tarasha didn't look the same to him anymore, she had been transformed into the devil just by closing her eyes.

'Sorry man, I'm not that person with a good heart.' She said as she dished out a deadly blow to his face.

Read up to part 9 on www.youngicee.com

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by princessadeola(f): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Pls am begging u, u people should not kill Henry like u killed Gentle o, I won't take it easy with u. Great work.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by tobore4u(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2016
princessadeola:
Pls am begging u, u people should not kill Henry like u killed Gentle o, I won't take it easy with u. Great work.
lol, lets hope so oo.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by yorhmienerd(m): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Finally, I caught up with una
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nelsizzy(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Gud job.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 18 Part 6

'This report looks quite similar to this,' the clinical pathologist, Mr Albert said to doctor Tobi.

'Sir, who was the person who brought this other sample?' Doctor Tobi asked in reply.

Both of them were standing behind the long lab table, they were tripod stands, pipettes and several other laboratory apparatuses on the table in front of them. There were also some other people in the large laboratory, mostly young Doctors, standing at the left end of the lab.

'It was brought by a Doctor from Capetown South Africa. He said he discovered the liquid here in Nigeria with his friends,' Mr Albert replied him.

'When is he coming back?' Doctor Tobi asked.

'I don't know but he said he'll call me later. He had to leave because he had an emergency,' Mr Albert said.

'Okay, I need to find out from him what else he has found out about the liquid. I want to run some more tests on it, it seems that it's going to be the antidote to the situation of one of my patients.'

'But since when have you gotten this sample?'

'Just this morning, it was sent to me from the forensics team of the police headquarters.'

'Ever discovered anything like this before?

'Not really, but traces of the liquid were found in the blood samples of the patient. I think it'll be a cure for his situation.'

'But there's a notable difference between the two samples, the one you brought seems to boil faster than this other one.'

'Yes, that just shows that there's something in this one which is absent in yours.'

'Of course, that's what it shows.' Mr Albert said. Both of them stared in silence for a short while. 'You said the sample was brought by the police? Mr Albert broke the silence.

'Yes.'

'That means you'll have to get back to them before you take any step, especially before altering the chemical composition of the liquid.'

'Hmm... Okay sir,' Doctor Tobi replied, pondering in his heart whether to follow the man's suggestion or not.

Alright then,' Mr Albert began to take off his hand gloves. 'I'll wait for the young man's call and get back to you immediately I get it.' He said and patted Tobi at the back before walking away.

Doctor Tobi remained still staring at all the instruments an liquids which were before him. The sample brought to him could partially cure Henry's situation if used properly but he also needed to be careful in administering it, so as not to waste or use it wrongly or inefficiently. That's why he had to wait for the stranger whom the clinical pathologist said had a similar sample of liquid.

++++

'Congratulations Chief,' Chief Nonso smiled broadly as he walked into Chief Gab's sitting room.

'Chief Nonso,' Chief Gab looked up and dropped his legs from the footstool. 'Yes, congratulations to us.' He got up and walked to his friend to have an handshake and also briefly hug each other.

'Wow! It's easier than I thought.' Chief Nonso said, all smiles as he took the seat next to Chief Gab.

'Yeah... All we are waiting for is the news of the Nasiru's death which is going to happen soon.'

'Ah!' Chief Nonso stressed in a relaxed manner. 'That's inevitable, the news of his death would soon fill everywhere.'

'Yeah... So what would you like to drink?'

'Nothing really, I'm in a hurry.' Chief Nonso said and sat up. 'I have to go back to the office as soon as possible, so I'll appreciate if we could go straight to the reason you called.'

'Okay,' Chief Gab cleared his throat and readjusted his seating posture to a more serious one. 'I may need to leave this country soon, I need to go and hide somewhere.'

'Huh? Why?' Chief Nonso questioned with a serious look.

'Tarasha called me yesterday and she actually warned me to be careful, she said that Elvis is already aware that she's coming for him.' Chief Gab explained.

'Hmm...'

'Yeah, and you know that they all believe that I'm out of the country and sick somewhere in Benin Republic.' Chief Gab said in a kind of questioning manner.

'Yes,' Chief Nonso replied.

'And you also know that Elvis has volunteered himself to work with the police on Tarasha's case?'

'Yes.'

'Good. My fear now is that Chief Elvis may reveal to the police some of our connections and they may name me as one of theirsuspects. That would make them start to trace me and they would find out with time that I'm here in Nigeria, hale and hearty.'

'Hmm... I get you.' Chief Nonso took in deep breath and squinted as he pondered on the situation. 'We really need to do something drastic about it, ' he said after some few seconds of silence.

'Yeah, thank you. That's why I'm thinking that I leave the country silently to another African country apart from Benin Republic that I can easily get to without the use of an airplane.' Chief Gab suggested.

'Okay, so which country are you thinking about?'

'Any country would be good, we just need to make sure that they are not able to trace us or our movements at all.'

'Hmm...' Chief Nonso paused to think for a while, he placed an elbow on his knee and his chin on his palm. 'But what about Tarasha now?'

'I've not spoken to her about my plans yet but I have an appointment online with her later tonight and I'll reveal it to her.'

'Okay... But how do you deal with her from there?'

'That's simple, we'll continue using technology since she doesn't even like coming face to face with me.'

'Alright then, let the arrangement begin.' Chief Nonso said and relaxed his back on the backrest of the sofa, staring deeply frontwards.

+++

'What other businesses did you do with your group, the heavy seven?' Tarasha asked, accompanying the question with another huge blow to the Nasiru's face. The man fell off the chair with a loud scream. His face had already been battered, his mouth was swollen and blood was dripping from his lips. Tarasha pulled him up to the seat again and straightened his face.

'I swear, I can't start mentioning all. We did a lot and I've forgotten most of them.' The man struggled to say with tears dropping from his eyes and his body vibrating in pain. 'I've recounted the major ones I remember already.'

'But where's the rest of this book that has all your deals?' Tarasha asked him, dragging him by the collar as she placed her right foot on the sofa again.

'We used to have several copies of the book until the group split into different parties. We decided to burn it off so that we don't keep evidence of the our corrupt deals for the police to find and use against us later in the future but every one burnt their except for Chief Elvis. I, late Chief Onwuli and Chief Gab discovered it in Chief Elvis' study. When we asked him why he kept it against our agreement, he said for us to remember some details of our deals, in case we had any situation we needed to recall. Then we told it to the whole group and all concluded that we divide the book into four parts, two were given to the part of the group in the opposition party while the remaining parts were taken by me and Chief Elvis.'

'Well... I hope you live to tell the story on another day, ' Tarasha said and stepped away from the sofa. She turned to Benny and made a signal for him to get the man. 'He's ready for the video now.'

Benny dragged the man up and led him to the sofa placed in front of the backdrop. He made him sit well before returning to where he was previously standing.

'I want you to give a tell a summary of all you wicked acts in five minutes,' Tarasha began. 'A summary,' she stressed again to emphasize. 'Then in one minute, you'll encourage Chief Gab to cooperate with us and give us the money we need.'

Tarasha paused for a while and moved closer to the man, she stared at his face for some few seconds and then pulled him by the little hair on his head and his and bent his face backwards. 'Do you understand all I've said?'

'Yes, but...' Nasiru struggled to say, Tarasha released his head. 'But I can pay you all you need if you had asked me.'

'No,' Tarasha made an evil chuckle. 'You don't have enough money anymore,' she turned to Cole and made a signal to him. Cole understood and quickly walked away from the living room.

'We've been using your money all this while, the bags of rice and other materials we made available were funded by you. We got all the money from your bank accounts.' Tarasha continued talking. 'And we still need you to do something for us,' she paused and turned to Cole who just returned. Cole handed to her a tablet device. She swiped open the screen and began to punch in some commands. After two minutes, she handed over the device to Nasiru, placing it on the man's handcuffed hand. 'We want you to confirm all the transactions we've made on all your bank accounts through the mobile apps, so that the banks don't come looking for us. ' she said to him with an evil smile.

Nasiru raised his hands closer to his eye and read through the several bank account statements that had been opened to him in awe, so much money had been transferred from his bank accounts without him being alerted. He began to sob silently, his hands began to shake and the device almost fell from his hand.

'Shi*t!' Tarasha cursed as she stopped the tablet from falling. She stared at him with a smirk and bit her lips, she placed it back on his hands, supporting it with her own hand. 'You have to log in to your mobile apps and make your thumb print to confirm that you really carried out the transaction.'

~~~~

'And are you sure that he'll return to his normal state of mind if you're able to manufacture the cure with this sample?' Dakolo asked Doctor Tobi.

'No, I'm not assuring you yet but I believe that his condition would be improved by whatever we are able to manufacture from the sample,' Doctor Tobi replied him.

Dakolo turned to look at Henry who was still in the same sitting position he had been since he woke, staring blankly without responding to our recognizing any sound or his environment.

'And what if your assumption turns it l out to be wrong?' Dakolo turned back to the Doctor. 'Would he have to live like this for the rest of his life?'

'Ermm... Yes,' Doctor Tobi stated blankly. 'But what we have are not just assumptions, with the several tests we've made on the samples, I can say that they'll be a reasonable improvement in his state.'

'Hmm... But Doc, I made a little study about his condition after the other Doctor told us the name and I got to find out that nobody who had ever suffered from the same condition survived or came out from it.'

'Yes, but none of those conditions were induced. In Henry's case, the poison was introduced into his blood. It could have be possible that if we had gotten the sample earlier, his condition wouldn't have gotten this far. The poison has eaten deep and it's still eating deep. By next week when you come here, you'll surely meet him worse than this.' Doctor Tobi explained.

'Huh?' Dakolo widened his eyes in fear.

'That's the truth officer.'

'But why don't you start working on the sample, so that you can administer the product to him on time.'

'I'll start working on it as soon as possible, I'm only waiting for the other Doctor who has the similar sample.'

Dakolo took in a deep breath and placed his hands on his waist as he stared thoughtfully. 'You know Doc, part of the reason I'm here is because you mentioned that someone else came with the same sample.' Dakolo began in a warning tone. 'I came with four more policemen, they're outside and they're going to join the other three in watching over Henry.'

Doctor Tobi stared at him and opened his mouth in surprise. 'Yes,' Dakolo continued, 'the only person that could have that sample would be the same person that dropped it.'

'But this person was from Capetown, South Africa.'

'You believed that?' Dakolo questioned, squeezing his face. 'Please notify the officers here once the person comes back.'

'Okay, I've not met yet but I believe I will when he returns. I'll tell the officers and call you on phone too.'

Read Parts 7 - 10 on www.youngicee.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by dhamiylhola(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
Oyinprince:
Drop your email and I'll mail you the full PDF copy

Oyinprince, abeg, send am to me too na
Any/all story you can send... wink grin
I am a fan of your work. smiley
adhamiylhola@gmail.com grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by drippin007(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Oyinprince:
Tarasha - Chapter 18 Part 6

'This report looks quite similar to this,' the clinical pathologist, Mr Albert said to doctor Tobi.

'Sir, who was the person who brought this other sample?' Doctor Tobi asked in reply.

Both of them were standing behind the long lab table, they were tripod stands, pipettes and several other laboratory apparatuses on the table in front of them. There were also some other people in the large laboratory, mostly young Doctors, standing at the left end of the lab.

'It was brought by a Doctor from Capetown South Africa. He said he discovered the liquid here in Nigeria with his friends,' Mr Albert replied him.

'When is he coming back?' Doctor Tobi asked.

'I don't know but he said he'll call me later. He had to leave because he had an emergency,' Mr Albert said.

'Okay, I need to find out from him what else he has found out about the liquid. I want to run some more tests on it, it seems that it's going to be the antidote to the situation of one of my patients.'

'But since when have you gotten this sample?'

'Just this morning, it was sent to me from the forensics team of the police headquarters.'

'Ever discovered anything like this before?

'Not really, but traces of the liquid were found in the blood samples of the patient. I think it'll be a cure for his situation.'

'But there's a notable difference between the two samples, the one you brought seems to boil faster than this other one.'

'Yes, that just shows that there's something in this one which is absent in yours.'

'Of course, that's what it shows.' Mr Albert said. Both of them stared in silence for a short while. 'You said the sample was brought by the police? Mr Albert broke the silence.

'Yes.'

'That means you'll have to get back to them before you take any step, especially before altering the chemical composition of the liquid.'

'Hmm... Okay sir,' Doctor Tobi replied, pondering in his heart whether to follow the man's suggestion or not.

Alright then,' Mr Albert began to take off his hand gloves. 'I'll wait for the young man's call and get back to you immediately I get it.' He said and patted Tobi at the back before walking away.

Doctor Tobi remained still staring at all the instruments an liquids which were before him. The sample brought to him could partially cure Henry's situation if used properly but he also needed to be careful in administering it, so as not to waste or use it wrongly or inefficiently. That's why he had to wait for the stranger whom the clinical pathologist said had a similar sample of liquid.

++++

'Congratulations Chief,' Chief Nonso smiled broadly as he walked into Chief Gab's sitting room.

'Chief Nonso,' Chief Gab looked up and dropped his legs from the footstool. 'Yes, congratulations to us.' He got up and walked to his friend to have an handshake and also briefly hug each other.

'Wow! It's easier than I thought.' Chief Nonso said, all smiles as he took the seat next to Chief Gab.

'Yeah... All we are waiting for is the news of the Nasiru's death which is going to happen soon.'

'Ah!' Chief Nonso stressed in a relaxed manner. 'That's inevitable, the news of his death would soon fill everywhere.'

'Yeah... So what would you like to drink?'

'Nothing really, I'm in a hurry.' Chief Nonso said and sat up. 'I have to go back to the office as soon as possible, so I'll appreciate if we could go straight to the reason you called.'

'Okay,' Chief Gab cleared his throat and readjusted his seating posture to a more serious one. 'I may need to leave this country soon, I need to go and hide somewhere.'

'Huh? Why?' Chief Nonso questioned with a serious look.

'Tarasha called me yesterday and she actually warned me to be careful, she said that Elvis is already aware that she's coming for him.' Chief Gab explained.

'Hmm...'

'Yeah, and you know that they all believe that I'm out of the country and sick somewhere in Benin Republic.' Chief Gab said in a kind of questioning manner.

'Yes,' Chief Nonso replied.

'And you also know that Elvis has volunteered himself to work with the police on Tarasha's case?'

'Yes.'

'Good. My fear now is that Chief Elvis may reveal to the police some of our connections and they may name me as one of theirsuspects. That would make them start to trace me and they would find out with time that I'm here in Nigeria, hale and hearty.'

'Hmm... I get you.' Chief Nonso took in deep breath and squinted as he pondered on the situation. 'We really need to do something drastic about it, ' he said after some few seconds of silence.

'Yeah, thank you. That's why I'm thinking that I leave the country silently to another African country apart from Benin Republic that I can easily get to without the use of an airplane.' Chief Gab suggested.

'Okay, so which country are you thinking about?'

'Any country would be good, we just need to make sure that they are not able to trace us or our movements at all.'

'Hmm...' Chief Nonso paused to think for a while, he placed an elbow on his knee and his chin on his palm. 'But what about Tarasha now?'

'I've not spoken to her about my plans yet but I have an appointment online with her later tonight and I'll reveal it to her.'

'Okay... But how do you deal with her from there?'

'That's simple, we'll continue using technology since she doesn't even like coming face to face with me.'

'Alright then, let the arrangement begin.' Chief Nonso said and relaxed his back on the backrest of the sofa, staring deeply frontwards.

+++

'What other businesses did you do with your group, the heavy seven?' Tarasha asked, accompanying the question with another huge blow to the Nasiru's face. The man fell off the chair with a loud scream. His face had already been battered, his mouth was swollen and blood was dripping from his lips. Tarasha pulled him up to the seat again and straightened his face.

'I swear, I can't start mentioning all. We did a lot and I've forgotten most of them.' The man struggled to say with tears dropping from his eyes and his body vibrating in pain. 'I've recounted the major ones I remember already.'

'But where's the rest of this book that has all your deals?' Tarasha asked him, dragging him by the collar as she placed her right foot on the sofa again.

'We used to have several copies of the book until the group split into different parties. We decided to burn it off so that we don't keep evidence of the our corrupt deals for the police to find and use against us later in the future but every one burnt their except for Chief Elvis. I, late Chief Onwuli and Chief Gab discovered it in Chief Elvis' study. When we asked him why he kept it against our agreement, he said for us to remember some details of our deals, in case we had any situation we needed to recall. Then we told it to the whole group and all concluded that we divide the book into four parts, two were given to the part of the group in the opposition party while the remaining parts were taken by me and Chief Elvis.'

'Well... I hope you live to tell the story on another day, ' Tarasha said and stepped away from the sofa. She turned to Benny and made a signal for him to get the man. 'He's ready for the video now.'

Benny dragged the man up and led him to the sofa placed in front of the backdrop. He made him sit well before returning to where he was previously standing.

'I want you to give a tell a summary of all you wicked acts in five minutes,' Tarasha began. 'A summary,' she stressed again to emphasize. 'Then in one minute, you'll encourage Chief Gab to cooperate with us and give us the money we need.'

Tarasha paused for a while and moved closer to the man, she stared at his face for some few seconds and then pulled him by the little hair on his head and his and bent his face backwards. 'Do you understand all I've said?'

'Yes, but...' Nasiru struggled to say, Tarasha released his head. 'But I can pay you all you need if you had asked me.'

'No,' Tarasha made an evil chuckle. 'You don't have enough money anymore,' she turned to Cole and made a signal to him. Cole understood and quickly walked away from the living room.

'We've been using your money all this while, the bags of rice and other materials we made available were funded by you. We got all the money from your bank accounts.' Tarasha continued talking. 'And we still need you to do something for us,' she paused and turned to Cole who just returned. Cole handed to her a tablet device. She swiped open the screen and began to punch in some commands. After two minutes, she handed over the device to Nasiru, placing it on the man's handcuffed hand. 'We want you to confirm all the transactions we've made on all your bank accounts through the mobile apps, so that the banks don't come looking for us. ' she said to him with an evil smile.

Nasiru raised his hands closer to his eye and read through the several bank account statements that had been opened to him in awe, so much money had been transferred from his bank accounts without him being alerted. He began to sob silently, his hands began to shake and the device almost fell from his hand.

'Shi*t!' Tarasha cursed as she stopped the tablet from falling. She stared at him with a smirk and bit her lips, she placed it back on his hands, supporting it with her own hand. 'You have to log in to your mobile apps and make your thumb print to confirm that you really carried out the transaction.'

~~~~

'And are you sure that he'll return to his normal state of mind if you're able to manufacture the cure with this sample?' Dakolo asked Doctor Tobi.

'No, I'm not assuring you yet but I believe that his condition would be improved by whatever we are able to manufacture from the sample,' Doctor Tobi replied him.

Dakolo turned to look at Henry who was still in the same sitting position he had been since he woke, staring blankly without responding to our recognizing any sound or his environment.

'And what if your assumption turns it l out to be wrong?' Dakolo turned back to the Doctor. 'Would he have to live like this for the rest of his life?'

'Ermm... Yes,' Doctor Tobi stated blankly. 'But what we have are not just assumptions, with the several tests we've made on the samples, I can say that they'll be a reasonable improvement in his state.'

'Hmm... But Doc, I made a little study about his condition after the other Doctor told us the name and I got to find out that nobody who had ever suffered from the same condition survived or came out from it.'

'Yes, but none of those conditions were induced. In Henry's case, the poison was introduced into his blood. It could have be possible that if we had gotten the sample earlier, his condition wouldn't have gotten this far. The poison has eaten deep and it's still eating deep. By next week when you come here, you'll surely meet him worse than this.' Doctor Tobi explained.

'Huh?' Dakolo widened his eyes in fear.

'That's the truth officer.'

'But why don't you start working on the sample, so that you can administer the product to him on time.'

'I'll start working on it as soon as possible, I'm only waiting for the other Doctor who has the similar sample.'

Dakolo took in a deep breath and placed his hands on his waist as he stared thoughtfully. 'You know Doc, part of the reason I'm here is because you mentioned that someone else came with the same sample.' Dakolo began in a warning tone. 'I came with four more policemen, they're outside and they're going to join the other three in watching over Henry.'

Doctor Tobi stared at him and opened his mouth in surprise. 'Yes,' Dakolo continued, 'the only person that could have that sample would be the same person that dropped it.'

'But this person was from Capetown, South Africa.'

'You believed that?' Dakolo questioned, squeezing his face. 'Please notify the officers here once the person comes back.'

'Okay, I've not met yet but I believe I will when he returns. I'll tell the officers and call you on phone too.'

Read Parts 7 - 10 on www.youngicee.com
s the rest of this book that has... More grease 2 ur elbow.. Oyinprince wer ma popcorn wit alomo?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:22am On Jul 14, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 18 part 7

**2.30pm**

'Good afternoon sir,' Evelyn greeted Mr Sylvester as she entered into his office with a laptop in her hands.

'Finally Evelyn, we have you here.' He said smiling, he got up to his feet to turn on the air conditioner. He motioned for her to sit down on the visitor's seat before he returned to his own seat and settled into it. 'All the other guys have been working on this project too but you're the only one sounding with much hope about the matter. But first, how about your mother?' Mr Sylvester asked, sounding really concerned.

'She's better and would be going back home this week,' Evelyn answered him without paying much attention, her focus was on the laptop which she was working on.

'Thank God,' Sylvester said and heaved a sigh of relief.

'Thank you so much sir for your care, I also got the money you sent for the hospital bill.'

'It's nothing,' Sylvester replied, smiling sheepishly.

Evelyn worked on the laptop for a few more seconds before turning the screen to Sylvester.

'Inaccessible!' He exclaimed after staring at the screen for some minutes.

'Yes inaccessible,' Evelyn replied him and turned back the screen to herself. She paused to stare at his confused looking face for some seconds. 'We could push further to break through their security,' she began again, Sylvester's anxiously waiting eyes and ears widened at the news.

'Then let's push further immediately, so that we can provide their location to police as soon as possible. You know that the success of this project could cause a great lift in your career, in our careers.' Sylvester replied back excitedly.

'But there's a problem,' Evelyn positive tone suddenly changed to negative.

'Problem?' He let out a deep frustration at the change in her tone.

'Yes, it could lead us to a trap. Like what happened to Robin Kahn.'

Sylvester swallowed hard as if something was really in his throat. 'Then what can we do to avoid this trap?' He asked slowly, but there was a bit of impatience in his voice.

'We can only be very sure of the location if we track during the phone call, that means we should keep tabs on the receiving number and hope that we get another call from the same location soon.'

'Then I have to speak with the Agent immediately,' Sylvester rolled back his swivel a little and opened the drawer to take out his phone.

~~~

Cole was sitting in the bed with his laptop placed on his laps and earphone stuck into his ears. He had two Android phones placed by his both sides.

He just finished editing the video of the Senate President that was recorded and it was perfect for all that they would require to do with it.

Now he understood the reason for the Boss' change in plan. Killing their next target, the Vice President would not be too difficult for them if all if the new plans worked well.

One of his phones rang, he saw 'Benny' displayed as the caller ID at a quick glance.

'Hello Benny, you may go in now. All is settled. Remember the position of your trackers and all recording equipments.' He said into the phone without waiting for the caller to talk first.

'Okay,' Benny replied and cut the call. Cole returned to his job on the laptop. Few minutes later, he noticed his door opening slowly, Aisha walked in from behind.

'What's up babe?' He said as she walked closer to the left side of his bed, looking bored and lonely.

'How long do we have to keep that man alive?' She asked and sank into the bed, sitting close to him.

Cole chuckled and stared at her for a little while before returning his gaze to the laptop's screen. 'Why do you ask me? Don't you think the boss should know better?'

'But you should know too, we all know you're closer to her and she seems to always reveal most of her plans to you before letting us know.' Aisha answered.

'No Aisha, your insinuation is wrong.' He said, staring back at her. 'She doesn't reveal her plans to me before you people. I only get to know more because she works closer with me on technical issues.'

'That's not the issue now jor,' Aisha seemed not to agree. 'Just tell me where we are on this job, are we dropping the man or not?'

'Definitely, we are dropping him but when it would be is what I don't know, I can only make a guess.'

'And what's the guess?'

'We'll kill him after Henry EG's death is announced and maybe after we upload the video we recorded today or send it to the Vice President to threaten him.'

'I thought they said on the news that Henry EG was slowly recuperating from his sickness, so how come we're expecting the news of his death?'

'Yes he's slowly recuperating, that's the lie the police and Doctors told the media but Doctor Benny is going there to end his life, today or tomorrow.' Cole said with a mischievous smile.

'Huh?' Aisha was surprised.

'Yeah,' Cole said and turned back to his laptop, 'I guess you were in the kitchen while we devised that plan.'

'Benny? How is he planning to do that when Henry EG is heavily secured by police officers in the hospital?'

'Benny is disguising as a Doctor from Capetown and we've just edited the hospital's contacts on their directory.'

'Oh!'

'Yeah.'

'Well, I wish him the best.' Aisha shrugged. She seemed not to understand most of Cole's explanation but decided to refrain from asking more questions.

~~~

'Sir, I was told you came looking for me,' Doctor Tobi said to the Pathologist.

'Yes, I came looking for you because he called about twenty minutes ago and he'll be here very soon.' Mr Albert said in reply.

'Wow! How soon would that be?' Doctor Tobi asked, searching the pockets of his coat for his phone.

'I don't...' Mr Albert paused as a call entered his phone. 'In fact, he's the one calling right now, that means he's here already.'

'Ehen, I'm coming back now. I have to get my phone from my office,' Doctor Tobi said and walked away hurriedly.

The visitor was already in Mr Albert's office before Doctor Tobi returned. He was sitting comfortably in the visitor's seat while the Pathologist was on his feet discussing something with him.

'Oh! Here comes the Doctor who has the similar sample.' Mr Albert introduced.

The young lab scientist turned to greet. 'Good morning Doc,' he got up and said with a smile, offering an handshake.

'Good morning sir,' Dr Tobi replied back with a smile, taking the handshake.

'I'm Dr David,' the lab scientist said.

'I'm Dr Tobi,' the Doctor replied, glad that the person he was going to be working with was also a young man.

'Nice to meet you sir.'

'Oh! My pleasure.' Dr Tobi's phone rang and he quickly took it out from his pocket. 'Please excuse me,' he said politely and stepped back to answer the call.

David returned to his seat and faced the Pathologist who was now seated too. 'Sir, you said they got the other sample from the premises of a poisoned patient.'

'Yes, a poisoned patient. Henry E.G actually.'

'Henry EG?' David sounded as if the name was familiar.

'Yes, Henry EG. He's popular for his computer science and camera operation works.'

'Oh! I think I've heard the name before.'

'Surely, you must have heard of him.' The Pathologist smiled.

'Yeah... But I thought that it was announced that he was only sick.'

'Ermm... Yes but that was based on the Police's instruction. They didn't want the public aggression as they were sure the real truth would stir up public sympathy.'

'Hmm...'

'Dr David,' Dr Tobi called, he had just finished with his phone call. David turned to answer. 'I think you need to come with me now,' he said courteously.

'Okay then,' David replied, then turned back to the Pathologist and smiled.

'It's okay Dr David, nice to meet you.' Mr Albert said and offered him an handshake.

'Thank you sir,' David got up and took the handshake. He walked out from the seat and followed the young Doctor.

Doctor Tobi led Dr David all the way from the Mr Albert's office to the hospital laboratory. Benny walked in and took in a deep breath, he first paused at the doorstep. Everything looked strange to him, the lab was a more complex one than the mini lab his boss had used to teach him what to do. He silently prayed in his heart that he made no mistakes.

'Dr David,' Dr Tobi who was already walking to a section of the lab turned back to David who still at the door.

For some seconds, Benny totally forgot that he was now Dr David, he even forgot where he was and was asking himself what he was doing there.

'Dr David,' Dr Tobi began to walk to the lab scientist who seemed lost in the environment.

Benny regained his memory before Dr Tobi got to him, he rubbed his face and proceeded forward.

'What happened?' Dr Tobi asked.

'I was just remembering my friend who had an accident, he is my senior lab scientist, I was making a silent prayer for him.'

'Oh! Hope his condition is not that bad.'

'Bad but everything is under control.'

Dr Tobi's phone rang. He hurriedly dipped his hand into his pocket to bring out the phone, he was not supposed to be with a phone as they were restricted from bringing phones into the lab but the police matter he was involved in necessitated his bringing it in.

It was too late before he could take out the phone and silence it. All eyes were on him already.

He stylishly stopped Dr David and turned back, avoiding the gazes of all others in the lab. 'This person calling needs to see both of us, please we'll come back here.' Dr Tobi said and began to lead the way back out.

'Who is that?'

'The person responsible for the patient whom I got the sample from.' Dr Tobi replied, trying to hide the fact that it was a police officer they were going to meet.

He turned to another direction after they got out of the lab and they climbed up a stairs before getting to their new destination.

Dr David looked at the faces of the mean police officers outside the ward, they all stared at him with the same scrutinizing look on their faces. He stared back at them like a less concerned person.

Dr Tobi opened the ward and ushered Dr David in before entering and closing the door behind. Officer Dakolo was waiting inside for them, sitting on a stool, another officer of the same rank with Ken was with him. Both officers were not putting on uniforms.

'I didn't know you were so close to this place already, ' Dr Tobi said as he walked towards the Agent.

'I was close already and there was no traffic jam on the way, so the journey was smooth.' Dakolo replied. The officer who was standing beside him moved away immediately Dakolo began to talk; like a preplanned action, he walked close to the door and stood there.

Benny took a glance back and smiled at the movement, he knew they were were suspicious of him and were blocking the way in case their suspicion was true.

Benny recognized Agent Dakolo, who would not recognize the man whose face had been shown severally on TV for solving top notch cases and nabbing the most dangerous criminals in the country. On a normal day, he would have been afraid to be in the officer's presence but he wasn't today. He had not come by himself or in his own name, he had come in the name of Tarasha after she had prepared and trained him well and also informed him of the importance of displaying confidence at all times.

'Meet Dr David, the lab scientist from Capetown who has a similar sample to ours.' Dr Tobi did the introduction.

'Dr David,' Agent Dakolo smiled, extending an handshake to David. 'I'm Dakolo,' he introduced himself, consciously omitting the Agent or officer title.

'Nice to meet you sir,' Dr David replied back with smiles.

'I'm the patient's brother,' Dakolo continued, we found the sample beside him after he had been poisoned through the drip, the culprit must have forgotten it.'

'Oh!' Dr David exclaimed, he laughed in his heart about Dakolo's lie of being Henry's brother. 'The case must really be a serious one considering the number of policemen outside there,' Dr David commented loudly.

'It's serious,' Dakolo shrugged and formed a pity face.

'I've been briefed about his case and I believe that with God on our side, something can still be done about the matter.' Dr David said.

'Amen,' Dakolo answered and readjusted his sitting position. 'So what hospital are you from?'

'Government City Hospital, Capetown.' Dr David answered.

'Hmm,' Dakolo took in a deep breath and made an eye signal to the officer standing by the door. 'So you work as a lab scientist there?'

'Yes, I work as one of the lab scientists.'

'And what are you doing in Nigeria?'

'I'm...' Dr David paused as his eyes met with someone else's. All these while, Benny didn't look at the face of the patient laying on the bed. Although he knew that he was in the ward where Henry was, he was a little bit tensed as the Henry he saw was different.

To make matters worse, Henry had just opened his eyes at that time and was staring at him as if he was recognized but Benny remembered that the Boss already said that Henry had been turned into a dummy and couldn't recognized anybody or even himself.

'I'm on holiday,' Benny finally said, turning his face back to the Agent. Benny could see from the agent's expression that he was being suspected, so he decided to act a little more drama. He moved closer to the patient and placed his hand on the patient's forehead with pity in his eyes. 'So this is Henry EG, the African computer guru?' He asked in a rhetorical manner and stared at the faces of the Agent and Doctor Tobi. 'I've read so much about him,' he said and then used his fingers to widen Henry's eyes, he looked into it as if he was observing something.

'Pale right?' Dr David asked and moved closer, already deceived by Benny's good acting skills.

'Yes,' Dr David replied and stepped back. He turned to Dakolo. Dakolo too was almost convinced by Benny's act but his detective side still needed more to convince him further.

'I think we've got to go now Mr Dakolo, I don't have much time here.' David took a glance at his wristwatch. 'Do watch over your brother while we try to come up with a solution to this situation.' He said and turned to Dr Tobi. Dr Tobi turned to Dakolo and moved his shoulders in a questioning manner, as if to ask whether they could leave or not.

'Thank you Dr David,' Dakolo finally spoke with a smile. 'Dr Tobi, we'll see later.' With that Dr Tobi led Dr David out of the ward and they made their way back to the laboratory.

'Quick!' Dakolo said to the officer in the ward with him as he got up from his stool. 'Call the office and tell them to contact Government City Hospital in Capetown to confirm if Dr David is really a lab scientist there and also if it's the right one we have here.'

~~

Benny smiled to himself as Dr Tobi led him back to the laboratory. He had passed a stage of the police trouble, he knew now that they would try to confirm if he was really from where he claimed to be from but he was confident that Cole had settled that already. There would be no problem for him, he would succeed in contaminating all the samples and would personally inject it into Henry's body. He was already proud of himself, he had never done a job like this that'll require him to kill the victim even with the police heavily guarding. It would turn out to be the best one man task he had ever embarked on.

You can read Chapter 18 part 8,9 and 10 + Chapter 19 Part 1 on www.youngicee.com

++++
I threw a question to those on these blog, make sure yo also participate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:28am On Jul 14, 2016
drippin007:
s the rest of this book that has... More grease 2 ur elbow.. Oyinprince wer ma popcorn wit alomo?
You never get since shocked Where that boy wey I employ na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Silent Seduction / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 272
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.