Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Pls Help Me Out With Likely Questions For US Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Help Me Out With Likely Questions For US Embassy (604 Views)

Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Out With Likely Questions For US Embassy by ceagone: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2015
I have an interview scheduled for next month at the US Embassy. It's a business trip which I will be accompanied with by my boss. He has 2 years visa, he owns the company and he is sponsoring the trip. The workshop organizers have booked an hotel for both of us already.

Though, I've never traveled out of Nigeria, but I submitted to Canadian Embassy sometime last year but was not granted.

Now these are my questions:

1. Since the company is sponsoring the trip, is there any need for me to present my statement of account?

2. Do I need to go along with my boss' passport if that will increase my chances?

3. What are the likely questions the VO may ask and how am I to construct my answers?

4. Will my previous denial have an impact on the outcome?

I will be glad if I can get previous experience from anybody as this will help me a lot.
Re: Pls Help Me Out With Likely Questions For US Embassy by christinie(f): 7:34am On Aug 31, 2015
What they want from you is honesty.
Make sure all your documents are complete and genuine.
Don't fake any document. The one you don't have yet, tell them you will bring on a specific date.
Don't avoid eye contact with the interviewer. Smile but not sheepishly.
You are supposed to go with a coverage letter from your boss and his and your statements of accounts.
Re: Pls Help Me Out With Likely Questions For US Embassy by ceagone: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2015
christinie:
What they want from you is honesty.
Make sure all your documents are complete and genuine.
Don't fake any document. The one you don't have yet, tell them you will bring on a specific date.
Don't avoid eye contact with the interviewer. Smile but not sheepishly.
You are supposed to go with a coverage letter from your boss and his and your statements of accounts.

Do I need to provide my personal statement of account since the company is sponsoring?
Re: Pls Help Me Out With Likely Questions For US Embassy by christinie(f): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2015
You should, to prove that you have a job and won't abscond when you get there.
ceagone:

Do I need to provide my personal statement of account since the company is sponsoring?

(1) (Reply)

New In Nsukka Town / Apart From A Bed, What Other Services Are You Entitled To When You Book A Hotel? / Two Men, Sitted On Two Different Trailers On Ikorodu Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.