Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents (1217 Views)

Fayose Wore Shorts To Distribute Packets Of Rice To Ekiti Residents Today / Fayose Shares Packets Of Rice And N200 To Ekiti Residents (Pics) / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Ekiti247: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, has imposed series of new levies on corporate organisations and private business concerns in a bid to generate more revenue into government coffers.
Speaking at the weekend during his monthly media chat, ‘Meet Your Governor’, which was aired live by the Broadcasting Service of Ekiti State (BSES) and Radio Nigeria Progress 100.5 FM, the governor declared that residents must be ready to make sacrifices to ensure the development of the state.
He ordered all private nursery, primary and secondary schools in the state to pay N150, 000 each to the state government before resumption by the middle of September.
He emphasised that the payment of the levy is a precondition for any private school to operate in the state.
The governor also disclosed that any vehicle parked in unauthorised places would be impounded, while the owner is expected to pay a sum of N10, 000 to retrieve such a vehicle.
One week before the governor’s pronouncement, the order had been in force, with hundreds of vehicles towed and taken to the premises of Ekiti State Traffic Management Authority (EKSTMA).
During the media chat, Fayose also disclosed that a sum of N1, 000 would be paid on every cow slaughtered in the state-owned abattoirs.
Also affected by the imposition of new levies are developers of new buildings throughout the state.
Although the governor was silent on the amount to be paid by private developers, he however warned, “I will not tolerate a situation in which somebody building a house worth N15 million would find it difficult to pay N20, 000 as tax. That will no longer be tolerated.”
He also put hoteliers, beer sellers, artisans, sawmillers and other business owners on notice, while urging them to be prepared to make sacrifices for the development of the state.
He stressed that allocations due to the state from the Federation Account has reduced sharply, disclosing that the state got N2.6 billion for the month of July which could barely pay workers’ salaries.
SOURCE
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Our Role model at work.
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Oblitz(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2015
OK
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by mayorkyzo: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Okay...the key is revenue generation as long as it's used for good things..
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by tucky200(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Thug
SeverusSnape:
Our Role model at work.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2015
How is that differant from what obtains in lagos for which Fashola was been hailed for?
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Demdem(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2015
The thug is gradually showing his true colour.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by ayokellany: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2015
As bad As APC could be PDP can never be an option. Their deceit is just too damning.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 10:00am On Aug 31, 2015
tucky200:
Thug
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin
Is that moham-mad?...Because I know he commanded you guys to kill for aallah.
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2015
Demdem:
The Ass-licker is back. grin
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Ekiti247: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2015
Demdem:

Fashola and Tinubu were hailed for increasing lagos IGR and now you idiots want to crucify Fayose for trying to do same.Lagos state have created multiple agencies basically doing the same things and collecting multiple tax from lagosians and you were hailing them and now you want to malign Fayose for trying to make up for the dwindling oil revenues !! Can someone please define hypocrisy for me
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by tucky200(m): 10:23am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

abeg come and pack ur things and go back to the land of the APES
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2015
tucky200:
is pej ur english teacher,can't u. Read
I can read o. Knowing the man is a bokoharam commander, I thought he was moham-mad reincarnated. Because I know aallah instructed him to kill all infidels. Is that not so?
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by Demdem(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2015
[s]
chukwudi44:

Fashola and Tinubu were hailed for increasing lagos IGR and now you idiots want to crucify Fayose for trying to do same.Lagos state have created multiple agencies basically doing the same things and collecting multiple tax from lagosians and you were hailing them and now you want to malign Fayose for trying to make up for the dwindling oil revenues !! Can someone please define hypocrisy for me
[/s]

Chukwumumu, where is my criticisms?

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by slimfit1(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Seriously you are sick in the head

1 Like

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by henribj(m): 10:33am On Aug 31, 2015
I am hoping that the useless guv'nor has also decided to accept a reduced monthly salary as his own way of contributing to the growth of the state. aby na only him dey exempt from contributing to the growth of the state?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by tucky200(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I can read o. Knowing the man is a bokoharam commander, I thought he was moham-mad reincarnated. Because I know aallah instructed him to kill all infidels. Is that not so?
ppl like u no matter how much senses is inserted into ya brain it will not collect,so I would rather not waste my time lecturing u

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2015
tucky200:
ppl like u no matter how much senses is inserted into ya brain it will not collect,so I would rather not waste my time lecturing u
No be you start?... Is the man doing the work of aallah or not?
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by tucky200(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

No be you start?... Is the man doing the work of aallah or not?
who is aallah ?
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Ekiti, how far?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2015
tucky200:
who is aallah ?
Your god.
Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by tucky200(m): 11:25am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Your god.
good..what's the arabic word for GOD

1 Like

Re: Fayose Imposes Higher Levies On Ekiti Residents by SeverusSnape(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2015
tucky200:
good..what's the arabic word for GOD
The Arabic word for god is allah_...

(1) (Reply)

Revealed? Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees From Benue / [UPDATED] Military Takes Over In Burkina Faso / Fight Broke Out In The Japanese Parliament Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.