Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation (70729 Views)

Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Sacks Pastor Over MMM / RCCG Pastor Suspended Over Pasuma’s Invitation To Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by cbrass(m): 5:25am On Sep 01, 2015
FreshGreen:

THE REDEEMED CHURCH AND GOD ON OPPOSITE PATHS

A proverb in Nigeria says, "When a plantain is spoiling, we say no, it is only ripping well" An unripe plantain is rich and contains several nutrients, and when it begins to ripe, it looses its nutrients and could cause health damages, but then it becomes finer, and sweeter; it becomes more presentable and attractive. The same thing is applicable with RCCG and many churches today. But the focus is on RCCG here. The founder of this church, Rev. Akindayomin, a man of holiness and righteousness, God called him and gave him a covenant church, that is Redeemed Christian Church of God - RCCG.

Then the church was unpopular because of its strict stand on holiness and righteousness. They were called "Gospel church" those who preached holiness and stood for it. They were not after materials stuffs, their sisters dressed godly, not flamboyantly, all of them were content with little and sharing with all.When their choir ministered, people bowed their heads in sober mood by the heavenly touch of the singing ministration, not like the jumping, shouting and crazy yelling with entertainment choir of today. Then companies were writing the church for employment because of the faithfulness and diligence of their members. I would not have joined them because of their standard of holiness since I was not saved then. That was the RCCG I knew when I was in Ilesha, Osun state in 1989 to early 90s.

But today, RCCG is more popular, richer and everywhere, in fact, they are proud of their parishes in every corner of Nigeria and many other countries, they are the fastest and still growing church, beautiful auditoriums everywhere. In Abuja here where I live, RCCG is like the richest church. But where are their godly virtues of old? They have exchanged their spiritual riches for materials and financial riches, they boast of financial riches while they are spiritually miserable. I lived in Redemption camp for full 6 months in 2010, and with what I saw in the dept of RCCG - the corruption, sexual immorality, unfaithfulness, etc. among the core leaders to the least members, I can categorically say this church is spiritually poor. A church where a music director wanted to sleep with a sister choir before permitting her to sing praise and worship at the Holy Ghost night? And God cannot open the eyes of the GO to discern or detect sins among people close to him and rebuke it openly as Apostle Peter did in Acts chapter 5, the GO can only discern blessings and upcoming prosperity?

Why has RCCG changed to opposite of where they stood before? Or why did Pastor Adeboye changed the landmark God gave to Rev. Akindayomin, which he upheld till he died? And you, you who were saved and brought up in the old faith when you were young, in secondary school and university fellowships, now you have joined the modern church system and worldly dress and have abandoned your beginning, seeing it as old school?

The Bible standard has gone elsewhere because of crave for population. If you are a member, worker or leader in RCCG, how many messages or books of Rev. Akindayomin do you have or have you read or listen to? Maybe none! RCCG is the only church where materials and works of the immediate past GO is evacuated almost completely. As if the books and messages of their founder who also was the immediate past leader were totally removed. None of his books or messages are promoted or reprinted, at least for every member to have access to the teachings and messages of the founder of their church. This present GO and admins will never do that, you know why? Their lifestyles, prayers and preachings are opposite the messages and standard of Rev. Akindayomin, so they CAN NEVER PROMOTE THE MESSAGES OR BOOKS of Pa Akindayomin in their present spiritual condition. Do you know any church on earth where the messages and books of the church founder and immediate past General Overseer is completely eradicated from the same church with no trace? Only in RCCG.

If God should open the eyes of Pa Akindayomin in heaven to see the church he left on earth, he will be weeping now, so also heaven is weeping on RCCG. But you are celebrating RCCG as a successful church, popular and powerful even to Aso villa here in Abuja.

The case of Pa Akindayomin and Pastor Adeboye is like the case of David and Solomon in the Bible. David fought the good fight of Faith, so also did Pa Akindayomin - we know how Pa Akindayomin started and how he ended well. But Solomon did no fighting, rather he did many buildings, from building Temple of God, to his personal buildings, to several idols, even to Chemosh - incessant building project is one of the signs of backsliding in any church. Solomon had many things, many wives, many riches, etc. just as there are many buildings and many members today in RCCG.

You must be happy of being a member or pastor of RCCG, especially if you did not witness the RCCG of old; because there is freedom, prosperity and promises and better life. No stress of holiness, no discipline of indecent dress, no restitution, everything is bureaucracy, and as long you can comply with the rules and regulations, you have no limit. But that will lead to where?

This is not the covenant church God used His servant Rev. Akindayomin to found, this is not the same church I knew in 1990, this is not the church of the Bible. Today, I will find it hard to join RCCG, not because of their high standard of holiness again, but because of their low and poor standard of holiness.

You can be very zealous to condemn this article, to choose to defend your GO rather than defending the truth. If you were not in RCCG about 20 years ago, then you may lack understanding of the beginning of RCCG, go and ask the elders who witnessed the beginning and strength of RCCG as a true covenant church of undiluted truth and holiness of heavenly minded church.

If you know where God began with you, where God was pleased with you that He made COVENANT with you, then that may help you to know where you have missed it along the way, and where you need to trace you way back. God is waiting for you at the point He made covenant with you, and same thing with Pastor Adeboye and RCCG as a whole. Go back to the old faith, the narrow old path of FEW serious minded, and stop defending this broad MULTITUDE, MANY faulty modern way before it is too late. The Rapture of the saints is imminent!

" Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’— and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and Unclad— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.Therefore be zealous and repent." Revelation 3:17-19

Gideon Akande

God bless you for this wrrtie up. RCCG has really brought shame to Christendom in Nigeria. I was shocked when a lady in one old CAC church close to my family house was trying to hijack the little holiness they have and hiphoplise the church, this turned to a fight and to my amasement one of the members asked her to leave the church and go and practice that nonsense in redeem. I just hope their leader will amend his ways before it's too late.

Sir may I know where you worship?
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by cbrass(m): 5:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Kingphaz:

So its the present G.O's fault that pastors are acting in a manner-less way??
To be frank no one is at Fault here, it is just Destined that every thing goes in this manner. Just pray for a better life and stop Comparing and Accusing.

Bro, I can not go on to explain to you In details how pastor Adeboye destroyed that church, it was due to his policies of outrageous and irrational expansion of the church that necessitated the ordain of area boys as pastors. If you have not been privileged to witness the old redeemed you won't say this, am sure you won't have been comfortable with their hot doctrine then
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by RAO1(m): 6:51am On Sep 01, 2015
Lol.. yeyeyeye Alaye gbadun ogaNla
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by horhizah(f): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
allanphash7:
I love your courage to have mention me and spit those shiit out but all d same i wont exhange abusive words with you cos i knw dat its immoral its not religion dat taught me to be that but its moral. I can see how your silly religion teaches you immoral

Great week ahead honey

lmao..... dude your english is just as sick as you are!!!... you need to watch your language too!!! u dont know a thing about morality, else you wouldnt refer to any religion as silly.. you can stick with whatever crap you believe in, but you shouldnt refer to any religion as silly.. Now, thats how to be moral.. IF YOU REFER TO MY RELIGION AS SILLY, YOU HAVE DONE MORE THAN ABUSE ME!! OPONU OSHI(I am sure this rings a bell, cos i know you've been called that many times)!!!
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by manny4life(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
So many unwarranted rants about RCCG, like seriously, yall need to quit the stories. RCCG stands for holiness, and has no control on it's members or what its pastors do in secret. Please, quit the stories and get over it already.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Gboliwe: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
RCCG didn't lose it today.

Like that lying one who they call Mere Commissioner, this one also is a "pastor". Looked around the whole of Lagos and beyond and decided it was Pasuma "God" led him to invite. SMH. What song is the Pauma man going to sing that day? Do these people even think? Na wa sha.

RCCG sha is not a church. Na dem know what they gather there to do every other day.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by superTed07: 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
Fake post...it is very untrue...na conspiracy joor...
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by mart2k(m): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
Reference:

You don't want his fans to troop to a crusade. Abeg. Who else is more qualified to be at a crusade ground. Hmmm. Modern day churches, converting to the converted, preaching to the saved, oiling the anointed and healing the healthy. Please I don't know what that means, enlighten me.
yea, I cn understnd wat uar tryin to say but it is a two way thing sha. Na dem sabi
But, wait o, what kind of music and dance Pasuma wl display there. Am just asking oooo
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by gykes(m): 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
allanphash7:
I love your courage to have mention me and spit those shiit out but all d same i wont exhange abusive words with you cos i knw dat its immoral its not religion dat taught me to be that but its moral. I can see how your silly religion teaches you immoral

Great week ahead honey

horhizah:

lmao..... dude your english is just as sick as you are!!!... you need to watch your language too!!! u dont know a thing about morality, else you wouldnt refer to any religion as silly.. you can stick with whatever crap you believe in, but you shouldnt refer to any religion as silly.. Now, thats how to be moral.. IF YOU REFER TO MY RELIGION AS SILLY, YOU HAVE DONE MORE THAN ABUSE ME!! OPONU OSHI(am sure this rings a bell, cos i know you've been called that many times)!!!

Is this really necessary?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.