Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation (70679 Views)

Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Sacks Pastor Over MMM / RCCG Pastor Suspended Over Pasuma’s Invitation To Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by UpLoyo: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
What is the big deal with inviting Pasuma? Is it not a church? What right do they have to condemn human? Who knows maybe the Pasuma is holier than them. Afterall music is his source of livelihood, what if by inviting him he can change for good and change his style of music. That is, if he is not better than them.

People should stop condemn others cos through your condemnation your are sinning while the person you are condemning is living his life. He is invited to church he can't bring naked girls to dance there, he is wiser than that, you should have allow him come before condemning or suspending your pastor.
Nigerians Christians are acting more Catholic than the Pope.

You quite ignorant. So uninviting him means they are condemning him? It's the church's right to do whatever they felt necessary for their reputation so don't go blabbing, what in God's name do you think a church is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by nenergy(m): 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Gift Items kwa?!
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Omoobava(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Do anybody notice it is a poster was cloned?

How will they want to do crusade and display gift items like motorcycle and the likes. It is not real

1 Like

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
you are an idiot for talking before thinking. Are herbalist not human? If you can invite them to convert them to Christ, why won't you do it? Does your church only know those that pretend to be holy and worship other gods? If herbalist is proud of his religion and you believe inviting him to your church will save him, why not do it?

And if you are not Pasuma fan how did you know what he sings? This is an example of chameleon we have in churches and they claim they are holier than thou. M.u. M.U

I suspect u are one of those catholics who don't take anything about Christ serious. I am not forming holier than thou, but someone has to let you know that Christianity doesn't tolerate all the nonsense some of you do in catholic churches.

If you like, call your Catholic Priest to invite Pasuma, but as for pentecostal churches, No is the final answer!

and I don't care what you think either.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Mariojane(f): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
mightyleks:

MY OWN IS TELL ME WHAT HE WILL PREACH MY SISTER........
Google is your friend MY BROTHER
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Mariojane(f): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
PastorOsamede:

I am deeply embarrassed at your serial attempts to justify your maiden ill-thought comment. Is the man in question a Christian? What does he want to minister when salvation hasn't been ministered to him? Is that how Christ should be projected? Should you destroy the standard of the church because you want to appeal more to the world?
"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4).

I commend RCCG authority for their swift reaction. The pastor's action is indefensible and a mockery of Jesus Christ. By the way, are you saved?
for your mind you believe you've said something abi? Mteeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Grandest(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
IamforGod:
That's Wats up!!!

Pastor wants to go circular!

But yes!!! Go without the church undecided
sic (circular). It's secular.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Nlevel(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
Omoobava:
Do anybody notice it is a poster was cloned?

How will they want to do crusade and display gift items like motorcycle and the likes. It is not real

How come the pastor of the church get banned? or is that also not real?
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by tempex88(m): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Emusan(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
What is the big deal with inviting Pasuma?

because Pasuma is not singing to edify the body of Christ.

Is it not a church?

Yes it is and that's why such step could be taken before people like you will see Pasuma performing and shout, what is church turning to this day?

What right do they have to condemn human?

Nobody condemned here ma, just a step to prevent such shout.

Who knows maybe the Pasuma is holier than them, what if by inviting him he can change for good and change his style of music. That is, if he is not better than them.

This is a contradictory statements ma, if you think Pasuma is holier than them why did you THINK again that by inviting Pasuma, he can CHANGE FOR GOOD AND HIS STYLE OF MUSIC?
And what do you think is wrong with his music style that needs to change?

People should stop condemn others cos through your condemnation your are sinning while the person you are condemning is living his life.

I can't see any condemnation here

He is invited to church he can't bring naked girls to dance there, he is wiser than that,

And believe if he finally did when the time to prevent such action had gone people like you will shout and pass judgement on the body of Christ.

you should have allow him come before condemning or suspending your pastor.

Prevention is better than cure!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
Rastamann:
Is the church not for conversion of "sinners"?

How are they sure that Pasuma being at the crusade might lead to his conversion?

DAT ain't possible
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by mightyleks(m): 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
Google is your friend MY BROTHER

no google isnt.... you have to b able to justify your defence hence am not leaving you alone grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Mariojane(f): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Emusan:

because Pasuma is not singing to edify the body of Christ.

Yes it is and that's why such step could be taken before people like you will see Pasuma performing and shout, what is church turning to this day?

Nobody condemned here ma, just a step to prevent such shout.

This is a contradictory statements ma, if you think Pasuma is holier than them why did you THINK again that by inviting Pasuma, he can CHANGE FOR GOOD AND HIS STYLE OF MUSIC?
And what do you think is wrong with his music style that needs to change?

I can't see any condemnation here

And believe if he finally did when the time to prevent such action had gone people like you will shout and pass judgement on the body of Christ.

Prevention is better than cure!
ignoramus claiming to know it all but happens to know nothing. Do you ask the pastor what prompt him to invite pasuma
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
stagger:

Are you not aware that Pasuma is a muslim? Have you ever seen Don Moen or Frank Edwards being invited to sing in front of the Black Stone in Mecca or the National Mosque? Your last sentence shows you are not at home with the facts behind the suspension.
first it is The Kabbah and the colour is grey the fabric used for the covering is black
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by iamauxin(m): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
It is good to be wary of what we do and say here...no vain talk shall go unpunished on the last day. May God give us the direction.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by dcmconny: 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Oh LORD 've mercy on ur church
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Mariojane(f): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
mightyleks:

no google isnt.... you have to b able to justify your defence hence am not leaving you alone grin grin grin
hold me tight
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by engrolawei: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
did he tell you the kind of music he is coming to sing? Is he not human like you? He has every right to be inside Tht church as yourself? What did Jesus said about the woman that cleaned his legs with her hair when the people wanted to pursue her away cos she is. Prostitute? I bet you people are just church goers and doesn't even know what they preach there.

The prostitutes may even enter heaven before all your so-call church goers that condemn people. Have you read in the bible the story of 2people that went to church to pray? Keep condemning him nd living in sin while God accept him
you fall among the category of people who want the down fall of the church. Its your type that will love it when the church becomes a party ground. He has the right to be in the church but not to perform. Not even every choir member can climb the alter in a church that has the fear of GOD. Now, many dont fear GOD. Things like this are what make many pastors and people like you accept evil politicians into the church and worship them instead of preaching against their acts. Why not organize something like a full gospel business mens fellowship and invite pasuma to attend and hear GOD'S word and be changed, if he wont attend a church unless he is to perform?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by mightyleks(m): 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
ignoramus claiming to know it all but happens to know nothing. Do you ask the pastor what prompt him to invite pasuma

how does that sound to you ask pastor why did you invite pasuma...... is like asking don moen y didnt you invite nicky minaj
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Charly68: 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
How did the Man become a pastor in the first instance? People like this use influence and means to attain their height in the church..get to sacred position & begin to desectrate the office they occupy.. So they want to use worldly music to promote holy work..? Can you now see the canality of Many men of God..they no longer rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to do the work. May God help us indeed.. He would have invited whacko -Jacho from the pit of hell to play in his crusade ground had it meant that he succeeded in this one. He should be sacked forthwith for bringing the name of the Church of God into disrepute.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by permsec: 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
okooloyun1:
Pasuma be like Ni Redeem won se carnival
Wa gbayi!!!
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Grandest(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
klax:
Guys don't be surprise at all, to me its no news I knew the very day Adeboye is gone RCCG existence as a unify church is over just quote me again. RCCG are under the grace of Adeboye the moment he is gone that grace is gone and you will see what will happen because atrocities in that church alone covered up from Adeboye reach is appalling.

Beside what did you expect from a church that produce Osibande or Osibandict or Osibawatever as VP a pastor that was annointed by devil advocates to became VP pls what do you expect Pasuma case is a bit of iceberg because how can a man who claimed to be a pastor want to do a revival and Pasuma is the next thing plsss how does that sound as a church that claimed truly serving Jesus, they should have called the useless Charlie Boy or Derenle to come and preach then.
Goodness gracious me! That was chloroform in print. Please try to be circumspect in whatever you say. Well, RCCG predates Pastor E.A Adeboye, and I believe God will raise another "spiritual warrior" much better than Pastor Adeboye. For your information, it is the redeemed christian church of GOD, and not the redeemed christian church of Adeboye. The work of God will never ever plummet.
Furthermore, what you said about vice president Osinbanjo is derogatory. Let's be civil with our words. Please modify it.
For the record, I'm not a member of RCCG. I'm a staunch defender of the gospel of Christ.

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by manny4life(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:

Permit me to say that you're the ignoramus here... You're spilling insults everywhere thinking that you have said something. If you don't know how RCCG is tiered, kindly shut up and ask. If it was a crusade, like the article said, did he follow the protocol involved? If you can answer the question, then you have also answered the question of "Do you ask the pastor what prompt him to invite pasuma"?
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by anigbajumo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
disloman:
What?This is shocking.Pasuma of all musicians?Hmmm

Thunder fire u ther,Is his not a musician?
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Grandest(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
I don't know how credible and reliable this information is. The averge joe can cook up paltry and spurious stories just for the sake of engaging people in discussion. Even the good book says in James: "be swift to hear and be slow to speak." That notwithstanding, if that piece of information is true, though I refuse to take the information at face value, then the Pastor needs to go back to calvary because he's totally drifted away from God, but if it's not true then the OP should ask God for forgiveness because what he's just done is tantamount to defamation of character.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by stagger: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Kyri:
first it is The Kabbah and the colour is grey the fabric used for the covering is black

I know it is called the Kabba but I was not sure of the spelling; I am not a muslim and did not want to offend. But you are diverting us from the fact: Pasuma is a muslim and therefore has no business performing in a Christian crusade. Likewise a Christian musician cannot be called to perform in a gathering of muslims. That is why the pastor who should actually know better deserves to be sanctioned.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by ManTiger(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mariojane:
What is the big deal with inviting Pasuma? Is it not a church? What right do they have to condemn human? Who knows maybe the Pasuma is holier than them. Afterall music is his source of livelihood, what if by inviting him he can change for good and change his style of music. That is, if he is not better than them.

People should stop condemn others cos through your condemnation your are sinning while the person you are condemning is living his life. He is invited to church he can't bring naked girls to dance there, he is wiser than that, you should have allow him come before condemning or suspending your pastor.
Nigerians Christians are acting more Catholic than the Pope.
Pasuma has been a secular musician for over 25years, attending a crusade for 3 days will not change his way! And get this into your skull, there is nothing like being a better Christian, when you're aa Christian, you live a christ-like life and not just by professing it by mouth. The alter should not be desecrated! Pasuma koor, Lagata nii.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by lordkay10(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
I smell lies, no member of Fela's band answers the name 'Kereke Jike'
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by anigbajumo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
standing9:
For me to invite pasuma to programm is totaly not acceptable. All of u are not saint but let give what belong to God to God and deveil to devil. Pasuma is not a gospel singer.

So pasuma is devil?

Who ar u or even pastor to judge?

Una cum here nd say someone is devil,God don show u yer certificate of heaven?

1st class degree stupidity.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by LaurelP(m): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
This one na small na. I've been to a very popular church (won't mention names) crusade where J Martins and Flavour performed live.
Re: RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation by Hasta(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
eleojo23:

This is not about claiming to be more holy than everyone else. It's about sticking to principles.
There has to be a distinction between the church and the secular world.

It's funny how people of the secular world wants the church to accept their ways but they don't want to accept the ways of Christ and his church.
They are quick to frown when the church refuses to do things their own way.

But the church has to stand its ground and stick to its principles as much as possible otherwise it is no longer the church.

So nobody should pick offense at a move like this.

It is a matter if choice if u want to pick an offence, who cares?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Types Of Sexual Acts Young People Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.