Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Buhari Running Nigeria Like A Sole Administrator, Bad For Nigeria– Female Expert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Running Nigeria Like A Sole Administrator, Bad For Nigeria– Female Expert (485 Views)

Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / In One Year, Buhari Succeeded In Running Nigeria Aground – Fayose Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Running Nigeria Like A Sole Administrator, Bad For Nigeria– Female Expert by salterswan: 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
A women and youth development advocate Mary Ikoku, has lambasted President Muhammadu Buhari for straying away in the composition of his latest appointments and succeeding in marginalizing women.

Ikoku made this declaration during an interview on Channels TV’s “Sunrise Daily” where she explained that women constitute about 50% of Nigeria’s population which must not be neglected in appointing positions and warned of imminent danger to Nigeria’s democracy if this trend continues.

She questioned his sensibilities towards gender equity and urging him to imbibe the spirit of democracy and gender balance in his administration.

“In the spirit of democracy, it would only make sense if we find the inclusion of women in this administration.
“In the days to come I would like to see a lot of involvement of the women, women make up 50% of the population and you can’t avoid these huge population in making appointment into positions, so I really expect to see more women in his administration.

“I am not satisfied with the appointments so far but I would say it’s rather too early in the day to say a final NO.

“Out of the 35 people being appointed and none yet is a woman, we’ve only gotten half representation (Amina Zakari, Acting chairman of INEC) and she has not been confirmed and it seems there is some written constitution that women would not be part of government in this administration.

“I am really concerned because if the only one that has gotten halfway in and has been so greatly objected, then this is signs of what to come and it’s disturbing.” See more: http://www.post-nigeria.com/buhari-running-nigeria-like-a-sole-administrator-bad-for-nigeria-expert-2/
Re: Buhari Running Nigeria Like A Sole Administrator, Bad For Nigeria– Female Expert by Phinagold(f): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
THIS IS NOT A STRONG OPPOSITION
Re: Buhari Running Nigeria Like A Sole Administrator, Bad For Nigeria– Female Expert by Blakjewelry(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
We don enter September na

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Picked By Kennedy Administration To Be The First Black Man In Space / This Happen The Country We Lived In / Are Host Communites Greedy Or Brilliant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.