Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The Many Lies Told By Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Many Lies Told By Jesus (8731 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / Lies Told By 'Jesus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2009
Here are some of the lies told by jesus(new testament god)

Mat 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
Mat 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom(he made this asserions about 3 different times in the bible). This was said almost 2000 years ago and we all know how the lie turned out.

The bible is very clear about how prayer is supposed to work in mark 11:24 Jesus promises:"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

in john chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, jesus tells just how easy prayer can be

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it"

We all know that this is not true. i know a lot of christians that pray with all faithfullness but there prayers went unanswered. . . . .

17[b]And these signs shall follow them that believe;[/b] In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18[b]They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;[/b] they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

we know that this is clearly a lie, there a lot of christians that drinkk deadly things and were killed, a lot have been killed by serpents too. . . .

Jesus preaches 'whoever shall say 'you fool!', shall be in danger of hell fire', but shortly after this rages at the Pharisees saying 'you fools!
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by tpia: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ majaze

Mat 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
Mat 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom(he made this asserions about 3 different times in the bible). This was said almost 2000 years ago and we all know how the lie turned out.

depends on what you think he means by his kingdom.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2009
tpia:

@ majaze

depends on what you think he means by his kingdom.

what does his kingdom mean?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by tpia: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2009
mazaje:

what does his kingdom mean?

read the whole chapter.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2009
tpia:

read the whole chapter.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mat 10:18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.

Mat 10:19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,

Mat 10:20  for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Mat 10:21 "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.

Mat 10:22  All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Mat 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Here is jesus telling his disciples to stand firm and not to worry about what will happen to them because of him, he concluded by telling them that before they finish going through the cities of jerusalem he will definately come back. . . you want to spin this too? this also is another lie. . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2009
Mat 26:61 and declared, "This fellow said, 'I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.' "

Mat 26:62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?"

Mat 26:63 But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, [fn] the Son of God."

Mat 26:64 "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Again here is jesus telling the people that were at his trail that they will be alive and see him come in the clouds. we all know that he made a very wrong prediction. . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by subzeeero(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2009
@mazaje

Assuming you are a muslim,
i want you to remember that belief in Jesus as a messenger of Allah(SWT) and his message is compulsory.
Therefore, i urge you to stop attributing these so-called lies to Jesus.
Attribute them to the authors of the bible instead.

And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."
Quran 17:81
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2009
subzeeero:

@mazaje

Assuming you are a muslim,
i want you to remember that belief in Jesus as a messenger of Allah(SWT) and his message is compulsory.
Therefore, i urge you to stop attributing these so-called lies to Jesus.
Attribute them to the authors of the bible instead.

And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."
Quran 17:81

what is this? who the heck is allah? why are you quoting from that book(quran) that lacks originality and who nobody knows who wrote it. must you keep on believing the lie told in the koran that jesus is the messenger of allah? grin grin grin. deluded freaks. . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by tnk24: 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ poster
Whatever you intend to achieve by this post is best known to you.
Why not take your time and do a proper study of the Bible in order for you to have a better understanding of the things written there.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2009
tnk24:

@ poster
Whatever you intend to achieve by this post is best known to you.
Why not take your time and do a proper study of the Bible in order for you to have a better understanding of the things written there.

what i intend to achieve is to show that jesus is not a man that kept his word ie a liar. . . . have you studied the bible? if you have then can you give me a better undersanding of what it says?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by huxley(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
I think one of the most egregeous of his lies was when he lied that he was going to return the the lifetime of his listeners. 2000 years later, he still has not returned. Is that a lie ir what?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by huxley(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2009
Watch Jesus telling major league lied here and here
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
huxley:

I think one of the most egregeous of his lies was when he lied that he was going to return the the lifetime of his listeners. 2000 years later, he still has not returned. Is that a lie ir what?

one apologist said that i should read the whole chapter. . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Truth11: 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ Mazaje,

This was fulfilled 2 verses after Mat 16:28. John, Peter and James saw Jesus in glory.
There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Mat 17:2.

Knowing Jesus in glory is the coming of his kingdom. 2 seconds are sufficient for the children of God to know this simple truth!

Mazaje and co. took 2000 years and still could not understand this simple truth. As the scripture says, the secrets of the kingdom of God are not given to the hard hearted unrepentant people but to those who humble before Christ. It will be unfortunate that those who harden their hearts against Christ will see the glory only after death and at the judgement which is a dreadful truth.

Those reading this post have time to stop fooling around with their souls, life is no joke, it would be eternally damning if Mazaje and his likes continue to play with the blessed name of Jesus and mock God.

Only through repentance and receiving Christ one can escape eternal damnation.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 12:23am On Apr 02, 2009
Truth11:

@ Mazaje,
This was fulfilled 2 verses after Mat 16:28. John, Peter and James saw Jesus in glory.
There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Mat 17:2.

Knowing Jesus in glory is the coming of his kingdom. 2 seconds are sufficient for the children of God to know this simple truth!

apologetics eh. . . . .james peter and john saw jesus in his glory eh? had jesus already ressurected when when they saw him like that? so knowing jesus in his glory is the coming of his kingdom eh? (if you read the passage in full you will see that it has nothing at all to do with the apologetics and spin you are giving) is that what the bible says or you own spin?  grin grin grin. where then is the said kingdom? by the way jesus was talking to so many people when he made that statement according to the bible. here is what he said. . .

lets agree with your spin for a while, the new question now is why did jesus say that he will come in his fathers glory with his angels? the bible did not say that peter, james and john saw angels, did the bible say so?  did he reward them according to what they have done according to what he said when he made the declearation to his listeners? this itself is another lie. . . . by the way gospel accounts do not even agree on where jesus first appeared to the 11, matthew said that jesus first appeared to them in a room in jerusalem while, luke said that it was on a mountain in galilee(jerusalem and galilee are at least 100km apart). i dont believe in the bible but you do so can you tell me where jesus first appeared to the 11 of his disciples after he was raised from the dead? is it in jerusalem of in galilee. . . .

Mazaje and co. took 2000 years and still could not understand this simple truth.[b] As the scripture says, the secrets of the kingdom of God are not given to the hard hearted unrepentant people but to those who humble before Christ. [/b]It will be unfortunate that those who harden their hearts against Christ will see the glory only after death and at the judgement which is a dreadful truth.

Those reading this post have time to stop fooling around with their souls, life is no joke, it would be eternally damning if Mazaje and his likes continue to play with the blessed name of Jesus and mock God.

Only through repentance and receiving Christ one can escape eternal damnation.

the same bible says that the bible god is the one that hardens peoples hearts. . . . that passage was added to the bible to explain away passages that can not stand on their own. . . . .

Mat 10:22  All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Mat 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes. 

spin this one too. . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by realpastor: 3:54am On Apr 02, 2009
Mazaje,you are a blashemer. Can you tell you local govt coucellor that he lies or your local govt chairman not to talk of the governor. Its realy obvious something is wrong with you,your family better handle it now before it get out of hand. Even an idol worshipper will not vomit all this post. My candid advice for you is to get a psychiatric help because no more food in the dustbin for mad people again. You should be scamed out of the nairaland. You better repent or else you will perish.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 4:06am On Apr 02, 2009
realpastor:

Mazaje,you are a blashemer. Can you tell you local govt coucellor that he lies or your local govt chairman not to talk of the governor. Its realy obvious something is wrong with you,your family better handle it now before it get out of hand. Even an idol worshipper will not vomit all this post. My candid advice for you is to get a psychiatric help because no more food in the dustbin for mad people again. You should be scamed out of the nairaland. You better repent or else you will perish.

grin grin grin grin one thing i noticed about pastors is that they are not good in apologetics only condeming people, i can rally see that you are a real pastor. . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by iReport: 5:00am On Apr 02, 2009
Mazaje is a blasphemer. Please stop your heretic rantings. There is nothing joblessness won't do.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 5:12am On Apr 02, 2009
iReport:

Mazaje is a blasphemer. Please stop your heretic rantings. There is nothing joblessness won't do.

i am only stating what is inside the bible. . . . .did jesus say that any body that calls some one a fool is in danger of hell fire? did he then turn around and call some people fools? did jesus not tell some of his listeners that he will come back during their life time? what the heck is blasphemy?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Truth11: 6:03am On Apr 02, 2009
Mazaje,

On hearing the truth a sinner has two choices, repent or grin. A wise heart will repent, a fool will grin and take pride in the foolish acts, and you have been grinning ear to ear!

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs.

a bad tree bears bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

11th hour. sad
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Truth11: 6:13am On Apr 02, 2009
mazaje:

i am only stating what is inside the bible. . . . .did jesus say that any body that calls some one a fool is in danger of hell fire? did he then turn around and call some people fools? did jesus not tell some of his listeners that he will come back during their life time? what the heck is blasphemy?

Mazaje,
This is the only appropriate word for you from the Bible, rest is meaningless:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Bobbyaf(m): 6:26am On Apr 02, 2009

I honestly believe you have taken a lot of things out of context without fully coming to grips with the truth. Your debating tactics is similar to spammers. You flood the threads with conclusions based on false premises, and have not done an intelligent research on the very things you're pointing out.

The reason why Jesus alluded to people calling people fools and being in danger of hell fire is based on an OT text that says, "the fool hath said in his heart there is no God" In other words to call a man a fool is tantamount to saying that such a person is an atheist, or one who has rejected God. Because Jesus bears God's authority, and who Himself is God's Son, only He knows who indeed a fool is, and under the circumstances when He made such a pronouncement, He was correct.

Anyone who calls another person a fool is putting himself, or herself in God's position. That was the premise on which He spoke.

Now let me deal with your dribblings on this quote you highlighted, grin

Mat 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. Mat 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

I want you to notice something. Notice what is recorded in chapter 17 following the last verse in chapter 16? Observe,

Matthew 17:1-3 say, "1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him."

Notice Jesus did not say all would have seen Him in verse 28. He said "some who are standing here, " That statement was directed to some of His very disciples, and as the 17th chapter indicated, the some included Peter, James, and John who were witnesses to a miniature glory. In other words Jesus was giving them a foretaste of what His glorious kingdom return would look like. Moses represents those righteous ones who died and will be resurrected, while Elijah represents those righteous ones who will not see death.

Is it any clearer to you now Mazaje?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by segyemaro(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2009
Mazaje,you are always causing confussion in this room.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2009
Bobbyaf:

I honestly believe you have taken a lot of things out of context without fully coming to grips with the truth. Your debating tactics is similar to spammers. You flood the threads with conclusions based on false premises, and have not done an intelligent research on the very things you're pointing out.

The reason why Jesus alluded to people calling people fools and being in danger of hell fire is based on an OT text that says, "the fool hath said in his heart there is no God" In other words to call a man a fool is tantamount to saying that such a person is an atheist, or one who has rejected God. Because Jesus bears God's authority, and who Himself is God's Son, only He knows who indeed a fool is, and under the circumstances when He made such a pronouncement, He was correct.

Anyone who calls another person a fool is putting himself, or herself in God's position. That was the premise on which He spoke.

Now let me deal with your dribblings on this quote you highlighted, grin

I want you to notice something. Notice what is recorded in chapter 17 following the last verse in chapter 16? Observe,

Matthew 17:1-3 say, "1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him."

Notice Jesus did not say all would have seen Him in verse 28. He said "some who are standing here, " That statement was directed to some of His very disciples, and as the 17th chapter indicated, the some included Peter, James, and John who were witnesses to a miniature glory. In other words Jesus was giving them a foretaste of what His glorious kingdom return would look like.
Is it any clearer to you now [[/b]b]Mazaje

it seems you are very good at taking things and spinning them eh? here is jesus in his own words according to the bible.

i noticed you did not bother to address the words that i highligted, jesus was very clear when he was telling the people that he will come back with his fathers angels and reward them for what ever they have done, he then concluded that some of them listening to him will not taste death till they see him come.

Moses represents those righteous ones who died and will be resurrected, while Elijah represents those righteous ones who will not see death.

this are your own conclusions , nothing like that is written in the bible. . . . .

Mat 26:61 and declared, "This fellow said, 'I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.' "

Mat 26:62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?"

Mat 26:63 But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, [fn] the Son of God."

Mat 26:64 "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

again here is jesus telling people at his trail that they will see him coming on the clouds of heaven in the future. . . .

Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' [fn

Mat 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 

Mat 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. 

Mat 24:32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near

Mat 24:33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 

Mat 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 

Mat 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Mat 24:37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 

these verse is very clear, here we have jesus telling his listeners to take note of the things that will happen, he gave them the signs of things that will happen when he is about to come and how he will come from the sky with his fathers angels. . . he also said that, his listeners generation will not pass away until all what he has said come to pass. . . he told them that they should be weary becaue no one knows the day or the our only his father. . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by richjohn1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2009
I'm not supporting mazaje in anyway! but to call him blasphemer is wrong. If he's quoting something from the bible you and I CARRY ABOUT AND YOU CANT EXPLAIN IT THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG SOMEWHERE. I dont believe Jesus is a liar I believe men that wrote those things in the bible are! LET ALL MEN BE LIARS AND LET GOD BE TRUE. Truly we've been sabotaged and God will not hold them guiltless looking through the bible, the stories in it they are without doubt outrageous, blown out of proportion and some were written based on heresay. Please pray for mazaje dont criticize and tell someone he either repent or grin. even If he repents these questions will still be in his mind
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by origina9ja(f): 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ poster
before i answer or contribute to your thread
can i pls ask you what faith are you.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2009
origina9ja:

@ poster
before i answer or contribute to your thread
can i pls ask you what faith are you.

i belong to the human faith. . . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Orikinla(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
Seeing is believing.

Come and see the Truth.

Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
Orikinla:

Seeing is believing.

Come and see the Truth.

see which truth? do you believe that daddy G.O(pastor adeboye) travelled for more than 300km on an empty tank?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Mowire: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
I read this thread just to see if those who are responding are Christians or try to defend Jesus. And my fear is confirmed "serious" christians are the respondents and people are trying to defend the Lord Jesus.

Brethren learn: this Atheist and Jesus bashers don't deserve any response when they come in the manner of mazaje's post. I have been in such circle before, so I know what I am saying. You cannot possibly defeat them with the truth that you are convicted of. They waste their life on researching into what fault they can find with the bible and/or Jesus than you spend studying the bible. And they read a lot.

And God does not need anyone to defend him. The longest anyone can live in doubt is to the day of his death, After that the reality will follow.

This I know: no one losses anything serious by following the Lord Jesus and confessing Him
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Bobbyaf(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
i noticed you did not bother to address the words that i highligted, jesus was very clear when he was telling the people that he will come back with his fathers angels and reward them for what ever they have done, he then concluded that some of them listening to him will not taste death till they see him come.

And there is a simple explanation for it. Both sentences carry different ideas and messages. The prior has to do with Jesus' second return in ultimate glory in which case every eye shall see him according to Revelation 1:7, "Behold He cometh with clouds and every eye shall see him"

The second statement has to do with the miniature glory that was given to some of Jesus' hearers which happened to have been, Peter, James, and John.

What you seem to be overlooking is the fact that Jesus sometimes spoke in codes deliberately so that He could avoid undue trouble from the religious leaders. Often His disciples in private would make their queries if they didn't understand a point made by Jesus.

this are your own conclusions , nothing like that is written in the bible. . . . .

You're not trained in that area so I wouldn't expect you to comprehend. You see when Jesus returns there will be two classes of righteous people - the righteous dead who will be resurrected at His 2nd return, and the living righteous who will not die. Jesus often spoke about this to His very own disciples, who were still not sure, about His mission despite the many miracles He wrought.

What better way to illustrate it than to have Moses and Elijah appear to the disciples in person.

again here is jesus telling people at his trail that they will see him coming on the clouds of heaven in the future. . . .

Now that quote in Matthew 26:64 has to do with the 2nd return, and not what transpired on the mount of transfiguration. In fact Revelation 1:7 provides more details. Indeed the ones who had plotted against Jesus will die for sure, but when Jesus returns again in glory they will be raised just to see Him return with His glory, and that of His Father's, plus that of His angels. Revelation 1:7 says, "7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

Yes the Romans physically pierced Him, but it was the Jewish religious leaders that were responsible for the piercing. These leaders will be raised so that Jesus' prediction will come to pass. Just for the moment they will see Jesus whom they pierced return in majestic glory, but will be struck down again by the same glory. The only ones who will be able to withstand such a glory are all those who have been accounted righteous.

these verse is very clear, here we have jesus telling his listeners to take note of the things that will happen, he gave them the signs of things that will happen when he is about to come and how he will come from the sky with his fathers angels. . . he also said that, his listeners generation will not pass away until all what he has said come to pass. . . he told them that they should be weary becaue no one knows the day or the our only his father. . . .

I see that your main thrust is about the generation that Jesus spoke of, and you still have not gotten the gist of His manner of speech. Just ask for the codecs and you will see exactly what Jesus meant by that.  grin

That is why I say to you to bear context in mind before being critical. Jesus used the word generation to describe those people in the last days that will see the end time signs of His coming. The phrase "this generation" can be rightly seen as "that generation" Its obvious that there would have been signs that would have occurred after Jesus' death and resurrection that would happen in the future.

Jesus said this, "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory."

Then He said this afterwards, "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

So obviously the "this generation" would be the "they" in the previous verse. You cannot isolate a phrase out of a wider context and begin to extrapolate something. Any serious student of scriptures will eventually come to realize that very important point.

Another part of the solution is to also realize that some translations have posed a huge problem in how people come to appreciate the bible. You can't only be a surface reader and think that you have a hold on Christians.

My advice to you is to humble yourself to God and allow Him to guide you.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Bobbyaf(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
I read this thread just to see if those who are responding are Christians or try to defend Jesus. And my fear is confirmed "serious" christians are the respondents and people are trying to defend the Lord Jesus.

Brethren learn: this Atheist and Jesus bashers don't deserve any response when they come in the manner of mazaje's post. I have been in such circle before, so I know what I am saying. You cannot possibly defeat them with the truth that you are convicted of. They waste their life on researching into what fault they can find with the bible and/or Jesus than you spend studying the bible. And they read a lot.

And God does not need anyone to defend him. The longest anyone can live in doubt is to the day of his death, After that the reality will follow.

This I know: no one losses anything serious by following the Lord Jesus and confessing Him

I see your point, but let us see it as an exercise for Christians to ", prove all things" This may be a forum setting, but as you aware a time will come when Christians will have to answer to those in authority.

Besides, this person may very well be sincere in his attempts to question the word. Let us see this as a revision class for those Christians that need to sharpen up their reasoning skills.  smiley

(1) (2) (3)

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect / God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife / Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.