Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,032 members, 7,849,163 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! (605 Views)

Monkeypox: DHQ Breaks Silence On Allegations Against Nigerian Military / London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / Appeal Court Expunges Part Of APC’s Petition Against Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by OgaInnocent(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
How Nigerian Universities Extort Admission Seekers

The rate of extortion inherent in Nigerian Universities today, is becoming too alarming. Our administrators of the Nigerian Universities have killed they system. That is why Nigerian educational standards keep deteriorating.
Let us start from JAMB. The candidates pay nothing less than 5,000 naira in the process of registering for JAMB. After that, they will transport themselves to and fro to the various CBT centres for the exam. Let's assume they spend a minimum of 1000 naira for their transport on JAMB day.
After writing the JAMB, they are now faced by the real money mongers, the extortionists - The Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics and the Colleges of education. As at 2012, I learnt that the National Universities' Commission gave Nigerian Universities the mandate not to task the candidates nothing more than 1000 for their Post-UTME application forms. But what do we see today. Some candidates are charged as much as 2000 for their post UTME applications. That is just to write the exam. I am not even talking of Universities only, Some polytechnics charge as much as 6000-7000 naira per candidate just to come and write a Post-UTME that 90% will not get the admissions ; that is after the student must have spent about 6000 in JAMB.
That is not all. The one that beats my imagination is the fact that candidates also pay to check results. This is pure fraud. Absolutely fraud by Nigerian Universities. How can one write an exam and you expect him or her still pay to see the result of an exam he also paid for. This is like a man that married a wife, and paid her bride price plus other things; then in the night, the wife starts asking him to pay before she can remove her dress. That is just the analogy! I don't really know where the Governments of this country are. They should rise up to this challenge and do something. Many schools charge as much as 1,000 for the result checker PINs. After spending about 6000 in JAMB, 2000 (at the least) for the post-UTME plus the transportation to the university,and then the risk; and now they will still pay to check results. Remember, the candidates are not still sure of getting admission. In fact, more than 80 % of those that spent the above amounts so far will not still get the admission.
After all these, instead of them giving the candidates the desired admission, they resort to Merit List and supplementary list saga. Instead of them to give anybody that merits the course, they will give just 50% merit and then advertise the remaining slots for candidates to come and buy supplementary admission forms. And they charge exhorbitantly for this. A certain Nigerian University charge as much as 10,000 for the shopping (supplementary) form. Yet the candidates is still not sure for this admission. Many people spend all these money and go home to wait for next year's JAMB. It is really pathetic and unfortunate.
A candidate that spent close to 15,000 naira before now is being charged 10,000 to be CONSIDERED for supplementary admission and we are talking of 25, 000 naira spent already; without talking about other miscellaneous expenses like registration, printing, photocopying, browsing etc. It is a pity!
Very unfortunately, After all these, comes Admission acceptance. The prospective student (not candidate now) will now have to pay to accept his admission. A certain Federal University charges 25,000 naira for for acceptance of admission. I reapeat, 25,000 for acceptance of admission. You paid to write JAMB, paid to check JAMB result, transport yourself, Pay to write post-UTME, Pay to check post-UTME result, pay for supplementary admission, pay for admission acceptance...before we can now start talking of school fees and accommodation, text books, feeding etc. God have mercy!<br/> .<br/> I hereby use this medium to call on our dear president, His excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari to extend his anti-corruption dragnet to our Universities. They have killed so many applicants. Infact, education is no longer interesting to so many Nigerians because of money. The extortion is too bewildering! And it looks as if nobody is talking! Please Buhari act and save souls!

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by christinie(f): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari can only act when it comes to probing PDP on the pages of newspapers.
Re: Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by koligs: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
christinie:
Buhari can only act when it comes to probing PDP on the pages of newspapers.

Honestly, I believe President Muhammadu Buhari has the best interest of the country at heart and with time, things will get better. We know the level of expectation is high and virtually, there's no honeymoon period but come on, let's startt judging him from January next year.... It's not as if he met a country that was having it all rosy when he got in.(Not. Forgetting he got handover notes less than 24 hours to his inauguration). For those praying for his failure, remember you might get the chance to gloat but Buhari's failure will be Nigeria's failure. I believe in God. I Believe in Nigeria. I know that by may 29 2019, Nigeria would be much better than Buhari met it.
LOVE YOU ALL
Re: Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by christinie(f): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
Bla bla bla! You ain't making sense. Buhari has no mental capacity to lead this country. His priority is so screwed up! How can he spend his whole time, energy and resources to 'probe' people?quote author=koligs post=37535374]

Honestly, I believe President Muhammadu Buhari has the best interest of the country at heart and with time, things will get better. We know the level of expectation is high and virtually, there's no honeymoon period but come on, let's startt judging him from January next year.... It's not as if he met a country that was having it all rosy when he got in.(Not. Forgetting he got handover notes less than 24 hours to his inauguration). For those praying for his failure, remember you might get the chance to gloat but Buhari's failure will be Nigeria's failure. I believe in God. I Believe in Nigeria. I know that by may 29 2019, Nigeria would be much better than Buhari met it.
LOVE YOU ALL[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by koligs: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=christinie post=37535486]Bla bla bla! You ain't making sense. Buhari has no mental capacity to lead this country. His priority is so screwed up! How can he spend his whole time, energy and resources to 'probe' people?quote author=koligs post=37535374]

I never knew ur thinking membrane is low. Please pardon my negligence
Re: Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by christinie(f): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2015
Lol you type like someone who bunked school. I guess you didn't even see the four walls of secondary school. Pele! [quote author=koligs post=37535596][/quote]
Re: Petition Against Nigerian Universities - Buhari Pls Act! by christinie(f): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2015
Lol I will save this comment and post it to you later. Buhari is just starting, by the time he's through with nigeria you will know he's on revenge mission. Dude is so mad with Nigeria for not voting him 3 consecutive times. Dude hates South too!
koligs:

LOVE YOU ALL

(1) (Reply)

Word Of Advice To Chief Olisa Metuh / Femi Adesina Live On Channelstv Now.. / Olu Of Warrior Still Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.