Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine (1035 Views)

"Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine / Maritime University To Commence Academic Activities Soon – Naval Chief / Aisha Buhari In The US Different From Nigeria First Lady Aisha Buhari - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by emmalezy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-fVueHckA-sk/VeTAQLRzgII/AAAAAAAGbcE/AzPbcSnYBdc/s400/unnamed.png[/img]
Nigeria’s first IVF baby, Hannatu Kupchi has gotten admission into a Hungarian university to study medicine. Hannatu, who was born at Nisa Premier Hospital in Abuja on February 11 1998, says she wants to pursue a degree in medicine so she can also help married couple have their own children.

Hannatu's parents waited 13 years for a child before going the IVF route.

"God has a big hand in this. God was behind me. I want God to use me get more children. I am hoping that through me God will make people see the value of having children. I will specialize in genealogy and obstetrics. I barely made it beyond the cut off mark. God helped me. I am going to try my best and make everyone proud. I am studying medicine because I want to be a doctor. I want to study it because I want God to use me to help families who suffered what my parents went through,” she said

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/08/photos-nigeria-first-ivf-baby-gets.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by greatfoly(m): 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
congratulations to her
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by Glowstone(m): 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by Sahmmuehl(m): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
IVF baby?
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Sahmmuehl:
IVF baby?
yea

Dont u knw d meaning?
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by AlomoReloaded: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ivf embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by Sahmmuehl(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
hassanRS:
yea
Dont u knw d meaning?
yae I don't
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by Sahmmuehl(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
hassanRS:
yea
Dont u knw d meaning?
yae I don't
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by laudate: 1:15am On Sep 01, 2015
emmalezy:

Nigeria’s first IVF baby, Hannatu Kupchi has gotten admission into a Hungarian university to study medicine. Hannatu, who was born at Nisa Premier Hospital in Abuja on February 11 1998, says she wants to pursue a degree in medicine so she can also help married couple have their own children.

Hannatu's parents waited 13 years for a child before going the IVF route.

"God has a big hand in this. God was behind me. I want God to use me get more children. I am hoping that through me God will make people see the value of having children. I will specialize in genealogy and obstetrics. I barely made it beyond the cut off mark. God helped me. I am going to try my best and make everyone proud. I am studying medicine because I want to be a doctor. I want to study it because I want God to use me to help families who suffered what my parents went through,” she said

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/08/photos-nigeria-first-ivf-baby-gets.html

cc lalasticlala

No. She was not the first IVF baby born in Nigeria. One had been born a few years earlier through the combined efforts of Prof. Osato Giwa-Osagie and Prof. Ashiru in LUTH, Lagos.

1st Test Tube Baby in Black Africa is now 26 years old.

On March 17, 1989 history was made at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital when the first test tube Baby in Black Africa (comprising of West, East and Central Africa), conceived through the delicate In-Vitro Fertilisation and Embryo Transfer (IVF-ET) method was born.

The bouncing baby boy named, Olushina, Eghosa, Oluwaremilekun, is nature’s gift to the family of Mr & Mrs Pius Oni and the crowning glory of five years of painstaking research endeavours of Professors Osato Giwa-Osagie, an Obstetrician and Gynecologist and Oladapo Ashiru, an Endocrinologist, both of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH Idiaraba, Surulere, Lagos

The lad then, thus, became the First TestTube Baby in East, West and Central Africa.
Read more at: www.ivfhistorynigeria..com
http://ivfnigeria..com/
Re: Nigeria First IVF Baby Gets Admission Into European University To Study Medicine by olasmith10(m): 1:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Wao..when God breaths into science, d results are usually breathtaking...congrats girl...

(1) (Reply)

100 BH Terrorists Killed, 7 Soldiers Dead, 9 Others Wounded - Defence HQ (pics) / Court Of Appeal Sacks Election Tribunal Chairman In Cross River State / Tunde Fowler In Fresh Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.