Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) (27826 Views)

100TPD Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory; A Project I Got From Nairaland (Photo / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* / How I Finally Made My First Money Online From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by poweredcom(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2015
everywhere na scam now for naija....na w ao
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by agarawu23(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2015
nairamaverick:
Seun, how did they get our email adresses?
bro seun , pls don't avoid this question. How do scammers get our email ID? I can't stop receiving emails especially from one man advertising penis enlargement.

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by PBundles(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
@ Seun

If I may give you some advice.

Be careful when stating that a site as a SCAM site. The internet address in question :
http://www.standardlifeinvestments.com/

Seems to be a legitimate website, its seems that scammer however have comprised it in their scamming. This is common (using a legitimate site). By saying that the site itself is a scam is not correct and could be viewed as slander since one could argue that their name is being tarnished. As Nairaland is a hot search topic if one were to google scam and standardlife, this would turn up and I dont think thats your intention.

3 Likes

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by dayjee: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
Yeah i received this email this morning i deleted it immediately
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by justi4jesu(f): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2015
agarawu23:
bro seun , pls don't avoid this question. How do scammers get our email ID? I can't stop receiving emails especially from one man advertising penis enlargement.

lolz maybe he is being led by the spirit to you. grin

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by iykepromotions: 11:31am On Sep 01, 2015
dejt4u:
compare these email adresses;
Sam@porro.com.hk
and
Scam@porro.com.hk

BE WISE
close enough

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Vicintonsh(m): 11:34am On Sep 01, 2015
hmmm...i tot our emails re protected?
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Lordtrillion(m): 11:34am On Sep 01, 2015
agarawu23:

shocked shocked Lol cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by LaurelP(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2015
No wonder. When I received d message I wondered whether has seun has set up another business.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Seun(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2015
nairamaverick:
RobinHez:
The big question!

"How did they get our emails?"

Hmmm...
tchidi:
undecided How dem get our email? shocked angry undecided
You posted it in a public location, probably on your advert, or on a thread where someone asked you to submit your email to get some goodies.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Sunday8650: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2015
Scammers seeking for quick riches everywhere and they never amount to anything in life. Those that even get the the riches waste it on cars and fornications. Dupe people of N20million just to buy the latest range rover.

Honestly wealth gotten by vanity always vanished. undecided

The best way to live is to work hard with clean hands. Even if it is N1000 u saved it will grow and never dies. Because a 1000 ideas will be give to u by God but those who steals God always stripped them of knowledge and wisdom. The only wisdom for a thief is foolishness

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by justi4jesu(f): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2015
tchidi:
undecided

How dem get our email? shocked angry undecided

If i search Nairaland very well i will see your email. You have posted it once or twice and you have probably forgotten. You don't know these scammers have Phd in Research grin

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2015
So many crazy mails like that ever since I dropped my email on NL and its a shame on those stupid scammers and I'm not surprise that most people will still fall for their scams, I wish I have screen munched so that I can paste here too for others awareness, thanks oga seun for the notice, happy new month bro and to every nairalanders
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by joeargy: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2015
So seun because dis one touch u, u bring it up to front page, what of the one wey touch other nairalanders ? Many fraudulent nairaland member are always reported and we don't see those topic at front page

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by AleAirHub(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2015
joeargy:
So seun because dis one touch u, u bring it up to front page, what of the one wey touch other nairalanders ? Many fraudulent nairaland member are always reported and we don't see those topic at front page

You Are Right My Brother....... Is All That Useless Thread That Dont Have Or Add Mean To People Life That Is Always Push To Front Page.

Seun Better Fixup Things Right And Better Tightening All Nairaland Users Security Details On Your Platform.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Seun(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2015
@pbundles: Somehow I forgot to check the last site to confirm that the scam was indeed hosted there. I've corrected that mistake. Thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by mrpackager(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
hmmm

observing the CEO is here cool
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
The scam bird is using what is called a Ponzi scheme

Here,,,,.....you invest N50000 and get N85000 after 10 days.

The scheme works by getting enough people to put their money in the thing. And just to prove he is ''genuine''...he would pay some people their money when they ask. Of course....some of those people would promptly invest their money back into the scheme....and on and on it goes....until one day.....the people wake up and find out that our man or woman has vanished with their money.

In the South American country of Colombia....one man ran such a scheme for several months over 10 years ago. Then....one day...thousands of people woke up to find that the man had vanished with their money(Moved to the US apparently). And it was December....

Moral of the tale....don't invest in quick investment schemes. Try something better....like buying shares.

3 Likes

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Urine: 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
nairamaverick:

You're a CS person, don't tell me you don't know how it's done.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
justi4jesu:

If i search Nairaland very well i will see your email. You have posted it once or twice and you have probably forgotten. You don't know these scammers have Phd in Research grin

NEVER!! undecided undecided
I have never posted my email on nairaland. I chop craze? shocked shocked
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
And seun all these NLander that advertise one thing or the other on their signatures too are 70% of scammer,pls warn them.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Crownofwealth(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
NAIRALAND AND SEUN SHOULD REPORT THEM TO THE POLICE OR SSS. WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IS AN OFFENCE PUNISHABLE UNDER THE CYBER CRIME ACT. SINCE THEIR PHONE NUMBER IS THERE IT WILL BE EASIER TO TRACE THEM THROUGH IT.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Chubhie: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
There's one sent to my box that a certain AD has been approved from seun Nairaland owner.

The scam sends Western Union worldwide for a small fee. I laughed.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The scam bird is using what is called a Ponzi scheme

Here,,,,.....you invest N50000 and get N85000 after 10 days.

The scheme works by getting enough people to put their money in the thing. And just to prove he is ''genuine''...he would pay some people their money when they ask. Of course....some of those people would promptly invest their money back into the scheme....and on and on it goes....until one day.....the people wake up and find out that our man or woman has vanished with their money.

In the South American country of Colombia....one man ran such a scheme for several months over 10 years ago. Then....one day...thousands of people woke up to find that the man had vanished with their money(Moved to the US apparently). And it was December....

Moral of the tale....don't invest in quick investment schemes. Try something better....like buying shares.
pls do u have any knowledge on buying shares? I like to learn.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by wunmi590(m): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
@ seun, tanks for this thread, I also saw this mail in my box this morning, but I dnt even give it more attention, so immediatly I finished reading it, I deleted it, because I knew it was a scam mail.

Long live seun osewa
Long live Nairaland
Long live the moderators
Long live nairalanders
Long live Federal republic of Nigera

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Adeyinka12(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
i dey come nake i go check my mail

modified

nothing like that to my mail
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by hariorh: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
Seun:

You posted it in a public location, probably on your advert, or on a thread where someone asked you to submit your email to get some goodies.

Most likely.

I never received the scam mail and can't remember posting my mail address on NL
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
dancok:
pls do u have any knowledge on buying shares? I like to learn.

No...but I hear it is a good idea.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good question.
nairamaverick:
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by missKiffy(f): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
Noted, but oga seun continue to put in your best to secure this forum, some people are enemies of the progress of nairaland and they are jealous of its success. Put in more effort to secure the forum from scammers and hackers
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Rexyl(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
Scam everywhere
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No...but I hear it is a good idea.
ok,thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / We Found Gold Deposits Along Abuja-Nasarawa Highway – FG / Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.