Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) (27842 Views)

100TPD Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory; A Project I Got From Nairaland (Photo / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* / How I Finally Made My First Money Online From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Glowstone(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
e don they I never open my email
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Noted, but oga seun continue to put in your best to secure this forum, some people are enemies of the progress of nairaland and they are jealous of its success. Put in more effort to secure the forum from scammers and hackers
We will certainly do that, but this case has nothing to do with the security of the forum. You should just avoid posting your address publicly.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Seun(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
CHEI!!!

My money don go!!!

So na scam shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Ephramed(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
My only question where is the confidentiality clause btw me and nairaland,man!!! there is breach somewhere.someone have to pay...

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by sorextee(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Are u using Gmail, cos I've been receiving such too.

agarawu23:
bro seun , pls don't avoid this question. How do scammers get our email ID? I can't stop receiving emails especially from one man advertising penis enlargement.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
I got dis too tnk God I deleted it cos it was already dead on arrival ...
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by sorextee(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Scammers everywhere.. especially in the phone section.. undecided it's annoying when people don't use their senses to do something good, order than scamming.. when nemesis start dey catch up with them, dey go dey blame devil. undecided
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by andyanders: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good one Seun. So many idiots coming on herein to advertise their products against the law establishing nairaland without knowing that Nairaland is one of the best forum here in Africa and the world around, updating people on the happenings around the globe.

I pray these idiots get caught.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by PBundles(m): 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
Seun:
@pbundles: Somehow I forgot to check the last site to confirm that the scam was indeed hosted there. I've corrected that mistake. Thanks.

Truly my pleasure!
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by nairamaverick(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Seun:

You posted it in a public location, probably on your advert, or on a thread where someone asked you to submit your email to get some goodies.

I haven't done any of that.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by nairamaverick(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Urine:

You're a CS person, don't tell me you don't know how it's done.

Please explain to me how they got my email from a site I registered without sharing my email with any one here publicly, and the site wasn't hacked.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Urine: 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
nairamaverick:

Please explain to me how they got my email from a site I registered without sharing my email with any one here publicly, and the site wasn't hacked.

They use email extractors. Google it to understand how it works. Don't want to say much so I don't get myself into trouble.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Kangol99(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
I also recieved the mail this morning. They even use the Nairaland Signature. Thanks to the Nairaland Team for this quick response. Thanks to Broro Seun Osewa.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by EbonyQueen001(f): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Na wa o. I saw that mail, but i was too busy to check it well since i am in no way desperate for a job in banking or any financial institution. Thank you for this info, i need to look for it and flag it as scam ASAP.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by SammieLowkey(m): 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
Seun, please answer the question on how they got our email addresses. Thanks.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Seun(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
SammieLowkey:
Seun, please answer the question on how they got our email addresses. Thanks.
Seun:
You posted it in a public location, probably on your advert, or on a thread where someone asked you to submit your email to get some goodies.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
Seun:

Exactly
Almost all NLanders are giulty of that.

Thanks for ťhe explanation.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by Obaf16(f): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
bestman09:
Scammers everywhere. It is only the greedy ones that will fall for them. As for me, any offer that is too good to be true is a no go area for me no matter who is promoting it.
Abi,there is no free lunch anywhere

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by bummyla(m): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by LatestTrend: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
Okay we don hear na. grin
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by FincoApps(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Emails are not hard to get. You sound like the person got your home address or something else that's not displayed on NL
Ephramed:
My only question where is the confidentiality clause btw me and nairaland,man!!! there is breach somewhere.someone have to pay...
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by ubiquitousade(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
nairamaverick:
Seun, how did they get our email adresses?
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by majalisa(m): 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
joelegacy:
Airtel sim cards with subscription of 1gb each for sale if u are interested contact me on this number 07060788906.thank u.u can also add me on whatsapp
your advert Is at the wrong place and tym..na so d scam dey take start

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by SammieLowkey(m): 12:09am On Sep 02, 2015
Seun:

I just have 2 go with this your explanation, though I've NEVER submitted my address to anyone on this forum. Since the issue has been resolved, there's no need dragging it any further.
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by FincoApps(m): 12:27am On Sep 02, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha EXTREMELY WRONG place and TIME
majalisa:
your advert Is at the wrong place and tym..na so d scam dey take start
Re: Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland) by chudy144(m): 10:04am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / We Found Gold Deposits Along Abuja-Nasarawa Highway – FG / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.