Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs (2385 Views)

Residents Worship In Their Burnt Church After Plateau Massacre. Photos / Church Where Couple Must Buy Suits For Host Pastor & His Wife Before They Wed / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
To be quite frank, I cannot worship in a church where a woman is the head pastor or spiritual director this is because
1. God made the man the head of the family and the head coordinates the unit called family.
2. The church is where we fellowship as a family, therefore the whole church structure is a family bounded by a doctrine which we all call "the word of God".
3. IF we all agree unanimously that the man is the head of the family at home then the man should be the head of the church because the church comprises several families bounded as one family
4. I do not disapprove of a woman becoming a pastor or dishing out the sermon/homily...but I am against a woman heading a church
5. Generally most men in a church usually do not feel comfortable or usually find it absurd if a woman is heading a church but they can't speak out because if they do....other members may feel the spirit have truly left them even if the so called members do have same feeling
6. I believe a man heading a church is divine because if we use the early church as a yardstick, it was headed my men filled with the spirit.
7. Whenever I visit a new place and have to worship in a new church and notice a woman is in charge, I do not worship with them for a second time....

God bless you
God bless Nigeria
God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by goodmorning40: 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
Na u sabi
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Jeromejnr(m): 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Congratulations!
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by ladyF(f): 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
So what will u say about Joyce Meyer? U better focus on the message and not the carrier of the message. They are just mediums God uses..
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by CaptainJune: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
I can see you are bound by a spirit of religion and legalism. It is this spirit that kept the Chief Priest, the Pharisees, and the Saducees from believing the words of Jesus Christ as the foretold Saviour with all the signs following Him in addition to fulfilling the Scriptures. It is this same spirit that drove them to crucify Jesus Christ because they followed tradition of men, rather than the Spirit of God.

We are all precious living stones while Jesus is the precious Chief Cornerstone. There is no distinction between female building blocks and male building blocks. All are equally important in building the Church of God where the Father is the Builder.

If by this spirit of legalism and religion, you refuse to recognise a servant of God whom God has anointed for your good and edification on the basis of gender discrimination, then you have not only committed a sin that needs repentance so as not to end up in hell, but you have also trampled on God's grace to you. Such a big loss.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
ladyF:
So what will u say about Joyce Meyer? U better focus on the message and not the carrier of the message. They are just mediums God uses..
My opinion is based on my beliefs which were formulated from the bible....joyce Meyer has her beliefs and convictions....

1 Like

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by ladyF(f): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
altamaurice:
My opinion is based on my beliefs which were formulated from the bible....joyce Meyer has her beliefs and convictions....
Good to know....whatever rocks your boat sha smiley
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
CaptainJune:
I can see you are bound by a spirit of religion and legalism. It is this spirit that kept the Chief Priest, the Pharisees, and the Saducees from believing the words of Jesus Christ as the foretold Saviour with all the signs following Him in addition to fulfilling the Scriptures. It is this same spirit that drove them to crucify Jesus Christ because they followed tradition of men, rather than the Spirit of God.

We are all precious living stones while Jesus is the precious Chief Cornerstone. There is no distinction between female building blocks and male building blocks. All are equally important in building the Church of God where the Father is the Builder.

If by this spirit of legalism and religion, you refuse to recognise a servant of God whom God has anointed for your good and edification on the basis of gender discrimination, then you have not only committed a sin that needs repentance so as not to end up in hell, but you have also trampled on God's grace to you. Such a big loss.
Awwww interesting....I do not disapprove of female pastors or ministers...I enjoy their messages too. What am saying is The bible gave the mantle of leadership to the man to lead and direct even as we fellowship. The early church was a standard

1 Like

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
ladyF:

Good to know....whatever rocks your boat sha smiley
yp merci....
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by CaptainJune: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
altamaurice:
Awwww interesting....I do not disapprove of female pastors or ministers...I enjoy their messages too. What am saying is The bible gave the mantle of leadership to the man to lead and direct even as we fellowship. The early church was a standard

The early church is never a standard. If you look at the early church as the standard of church leadership, you will fall way below God's plans for you. Jesus is the standard because He is the head of the Church.

Remember, the five fold ministry gifts of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers to the body comprises males and females. Jesus did not give those gifts to the males only. They are leadership gifts distributed to few people to lead the body of Christ until a certain time.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
CaptainJune:

The early church is never a standard. If you look at the early church as the standard of church leadership, you will fall way below God's plans for you. Jesus is the standard because He is the head of the Church.

Remember, the five fold ministry gifts of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers to the body comprises males and females. Jesus did not give those gifts to the males only. They are leadership gifts distributed to few people to lead the body of Christ until a certain time.
wow ok first let me clear the air when I say the early church is a standard I was simply talking about leadership in the early church. Which was headed by Paul, apolos et al....bk to ur point are you trying to say that back then the women in the early church non was given the spirit/gift of leadership? ok if the supposed woman who possess this leadership gift heads the church when she goes back home will she continue being the leader? Remember she has the spirit....obviously not bro....Women are gifted with leadership skill to assist the leader or head the women wing.......
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Heavenly102: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2015
You are a MISOGYNIST

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by CaptainJune: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2015
altamaurice:
wow ok first let me clear the air when I say the early church is a standard I was simply talking about leadership in the early church. Which was headed by Paul, apolos et al....bk to ur point are you trying to say that back then the women in the early church non was given the spirit/gift of leadership?

Yes. Women are called by God to preach and lead the Body of Christ in the same way men are called. Some women are called to be Apostles, some Prophetesses, some Evangelists, some Pastors, and some teachers just as some men are called to occupy these same ministry offices.

ok if the supposed woman who possess this leadership gift heads the church when she goes back home will she continue being the leader?

No. She is never meant to usurp the authority of the man in the family unit. Her role as a wife has been clearly defined by God. She is meant to be a helper to the man and should be submissive to him. Her gift of leadership in the church should not be confused or equated with her position in the home. They are two different things.

Remember she has the spirit....obviously not bro....Women are gifted with leadership skill to assist the leader or head the women wing.......

In other words, only men occupy the five fold ministry gifts, right?
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Joagbaje(m): 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
altamaurice:

It may pass as your personal opinion. But it's of scripture based . The issue of home is different from church. There had been women spiritual leaders i the bible both in the old and the ew testament . Even though I said it may pass as personal opinion but as we grow we need to submit personal feeling to the word of God.
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
Heavenly102:
You are a MISOGYNIST
Awwww harsh....nt true bro
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Yes. Women are called by God to preach and lead the Body of Christ in the same way men are called. Some women are called to be Apostles, some Prophetesses, some Evangelists, some Pastors, and some teachers just as some men are called to occupy these same ministry offices.

No. She is never meant to usurp the authority of the man in the family unit. Her role as a wife has been clearly defined by God. She is meant to be a helper to the man and should be submissive to him. Her gift of leadership in the church should not be confused or equated with her position in the home. They are two different things.

In other words, only men occupy the five fold ministry gifts, right?
I did not state that men "occupy the five ministry" but it's crystal clear that he made the man the head. If a woman Leadership expires immediately she gets home and picks up while she is in church....don't you see something is wrong?...How can you lead a congregation when you are not allowed to lead a family which is the smallest unit of the congregation. The feminist movement is encroaching our place of worship. Truth be told even a female leader in a church knows she is not supposed to lead.
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Joagbaje(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
What do you think of Deborah in the bible who led a whole nation of Israel . And army generals submitted to her.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by vooks: 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
altamaurice:
To be quite frank, I cannot worship in a church where a woman is the head pastor or spiritual director this is because
1. God made the man the head of the family and the head coordinates the unit called family.
2. The church is where we fellowship as a family, therefore the whole church structure is a family bounded by a doctrine which we all call "the word of God".
3. IF we all agree unanimously that the man is the head of the family at home then the man should be the head of the church because the church comprises several families bounded as one family
4. I do not disapprove of a woman becoming a pastor or dishing out the sermon/homily...but I am against a woman heading a church
5. Generally most men in a church usually do not feel comfortable or usually find it absurd if a woman is heading a church but they can't speak out because if they do....other members may feel the spirit have truly left them even if the so called members do have same feeling
6. I believe a man heading a church is divine because if we use the early church as a yardstick, it was headed my men filled with the spirit.
7. Whenever I visit a new place and have to worship in a new church and notice a woman is in charge, I do not worship with them for a second time....

God bless you
God bless Nigeria
God bless PMB
Negro, why not create your own God and fashion him all you want
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 04, 2015
Joagbaje:
What do you think of Deborah in the bible who led a whole nation of Israel . And army generals submitted to her.
Deborah's position is tantamount to being a president in our present day. Deborah was not heading the synagogue neither was she in-charge of the temple offering all the sacrifices.
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2015
vooks:

Seems you are in love with the word "Negro"....
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 04, 2015
vooks:

Seems you are in love with the word "Negro"....got ntn to say to u
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by vooks: 7:56am On Sep 04, 2015
altamaurice:
Seems you are in love with the word "Negro"....got ntn to say to u
Am Negro and several shades darker than you with an even thicker negroid accent I can't exorcise. cool

Why not custom-make your God and worship him?
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2015
vooks:

Am Negro and several shades darker than you with an even thicker negroid accent I can't exorcise. cool

Why not custom-make your God and worship him?

so you have your god, and you actually made this god with your hands...good for u then...
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by vooks: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2015
altamaurice:
so you have your god, and you actually made this god with your hands...good for u then...
My Lord and my God is Jesus Christ
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2015
vooks:

My Lord and my God is Jesus Christ
lipsrsealed
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by vooks: 10:12am On Sep 05, 2015
altamaurice:
lipsrsealed

John 20:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
vooks:

John 20:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

ok...noted!
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by vooks: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
altamaurice:
ok...noted!
Welcome sir, and more Grace to your life
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
[url][/url
vooks:

Welcome sir, and more Grace to your life
cool
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
If you were the HOLY GHOST, I don't think you would count women worthy of HIS baptism.
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
PastorOsamede:
If you were the HOLY GHOST, I don't think you would count women worthy of HIS baptism.
that is your opinion and am not the holy ghost....i am me cool
Re: I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs by keeptalkin(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
it states very clearly in the bible that women should not mount the pulpit or have any leading role in the church

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Find GOD / Why Do People Sleep In Church / Apologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.