Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Missed Rakah And How To Make Up For It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Missed Rakah And How To Make Up For It (583 Views)

RAPTURE Just Happened And I Missed It. / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: / Missed Rakah And How To Make Up For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missed Rakah And How To Make Up For It by ganiyu26(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hello my brothers in Islam! I am elevated to write this out for my fellow Muslim who in one way or the other fall into this same mistake I had noticed in people who missed Rakah during solat, but do not know how to make up for the rest.
I had noticed this one occasion when I and a fellow Muslim were about to observe solatul mogrib (3rakah), but the imam had already rose up from ruku and as you would probably know that means the two of us had missed the first Rakah and we need to pay for it. To cut the story short on completion of the 3 Rakah obligatory prayer, I and the other brother rose up to make up for the missed Rakah but to my surprised the brother was reading aloud when he was suppose to say his suratul fathia(compulsory for all rakah) silently. After that event when I had to correct him I met some other fellow Muslims who do fall for that same mistake.
Here are the ways to join 2,4 and 3 Rakah solar.
1. Two Rakah solat;
When you missed the first Rakah in two Rakah solat (subhi) , you must pay it by observing d last Rakah i.e with fathia and a surah of your choice.
2. Four Rakah solat;
When you missed the first Rakah of a four Rakah solat e.g solatul zuhr, Air and Isham, you make it up by reading silently suratul fathia only, when you missed the first two, you must say suratul fathia silently on risen up. But when you missed three Rakah out of the four solats mentioned, on risen up you will observe the first Rakah, during the process of making up, by saying suratul fathia and a surah aloud and the sit to do your takbiratul iman before risen up for the other two Rakah which should be observe silently with suratul fathia only. If however all the Rakah were missed that means you need to observe your prayer as appropriate.
3 three Rakah solat ;
Lastly when the first Rakah in 3 Rakah solats is missed, its must be make up by observing it silently with suratul fathia only. If the first two Rakah were missed, then its should be observe by risen up and saying suratul fathia and a surah aloud and siting for takbiratul iman before rise up for the second missed Rakah which should now be observe silently with suratul fathia.
In summary, solat should be observe sequentially without using the last Rakah for the first missed, the third for the second as the case might be. Wherever you meet the imam (i.e rukuh) the other is picked from there in accordance to how it should be observe... Allah knows best!!!
Free to add yours.
Thanks for reading!
Compiled from

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

God Truly Answers All Prayers Prayed In Jesus Name-yes He Does / How I Found Islam - Anthony Abdurraheem Green / Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.