Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa (20856 Views)

DSS Hands Over 82 Freed Chibok Girls To Women Affairs For Rehabilitation / Some Released Chibok Girls To Undergo Surgery- Minister Of Women Affairs / Loot ’ll Fund Women Affairs Ministry – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by lalasticlala(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Confusion in Adamawa as governor appoints man to head Women Affairs ministry

Adamawa State was thrown into confusion Friday after Governor Jibrilla Bindow swore in Aliyu Tola, a man, as the Commissioner for Women Affairs.

Mr. Tola was inaugurated alongside 20 other commissioners in the state.
Women Affairs ministries at state and federal levels of government, are seen as symbols of gender balance, and are traditionally headed by females. The ministry handles issues affecting women.

Mr. Tola is the first male to head the ministry in Adamawa State.
The appointment has elicited reactions from women groups and politicians.

A female activist in the state, Rahima Bala, said she could not see the logic behind the governor’s decision.
“Actually I see no wisdom in appointing male commissioner to oversee ministry of women affairs. We will continue to educate him. The government is already in confusion,” Mrs. Bala said.

Also commenting, a supporter of the All Progressives Congress, Rifkatu Dantsoho, said she saw the appointment of most of the commissioners as patronage by the governor merely to compensate his cronies.

“It was just a payback to those he considers as factors that helped him have the control of the state. Well, four years is at corner, only time shall tell!” she said.

Mrs. Dantsoho however called on the governor to rescind his decision, saying, “I think it’s not too late to amend and rectify the anomaly”.
She said the change people voted for should not be seen in lopsided appointments that give women little or no role in governance, warning that the decision may lead to protests on the streets.

Another critic in the state, Muhammad Damare, blamed the state lawmakers for screening some of the commissioners, saying the lawmakers had since shown that merit and professionalism were not virtues worthy of recognition in screening nominees.

Contacted, the chief Press Secretary to the governor, Yohannna Mathias, cited a precedent, saying Mr. Bindow was not the first governor to appoint a male commissioner for women affairs.

“It’s a normal practice as it happened in Bauchi and other states. He is to oversee ministry of women affairs and social development. Those who are making noise are just making mockery and being mischievous,” said the spokesman.

The controversy is the latest for the north east state that has been in the spotlight lately over questionable government decisions.
Mr. Bindow had earlier triggered anger after he was reported as saying that the government will spend N200 million for prayers against Boko Haram. He later denied the reports.

In August, the State House Assembly also faced a barrage of criticism following the lawmakers’ decision to clear the daughter of a former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, Fatima Abubakar, and the son of the state paramount traditional ruler, Lamido Adamawa, Muhammad Barkindo-Mustapha, as commissioners in absentia.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189403-confusion-in-adamawa-as-governor-appoints-man-to-head-women-affairs-ministry.html
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by ayokunlei(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Front page things smiley smiley smiley
Jesus is coming back soon!!!!!
Be prepared

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by mormoni(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Let me confirm first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Ugomba(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ghen Ghen

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by ICRMJigawa(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
This guy is gayious.

5 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by shegsrules(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
There is always a 1st tym. Atleast change is d only thing that is constant, the guy fit turn things around but I pity married and single women cus if the guy na womaniser den d allocation go finish b4 e reach d masses

5 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by bloodkiIler: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
this one is free OTUs for him

more Vaseline to his Amu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by slimmyjimmy(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lol . How e wan do am now ! grin

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Chidexter(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lmao!
Warris dis!

Anyway where that guy wey im birthday na everyday,? everytime he comes here to beg for likes.?? Shey birthday no dey finish ni

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Heard this in tha news yestereve wink and Dad was like ; Well, who knows how to satisfy women than men Remember your mom left her mom for my house cos she feels I could do better than her parents! ... See excuse! We're just talented at justifying everything grin

BTW, op, maybe we should ask that state's governor that question. Don't think Oga go slow and steady has any biznis wd this! tongue

13 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by MikelEleta(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Most places in d North believe in Marginalizing women xo am not surprised @ all. D one dt surprised me is when dy said in d article dt Atiku nd Lamido of Adamawa had their children screened in absentia as commissioners. Oh God wah won't we hear in dx regime

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
grin embarassed grin Only in the North......imagine the silly Chief Press Secretary trying too hard to justify this appointment by citing precedence in Bauchi State. Adamawa women don enter......I hope the commissioner is a hunk, he's got a lot of work to do. wink

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by kulobyno: 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Governor is most likely high on weed abi vulcunizer solution

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by pato1(m): 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
This is seriouss... Like man incharge of women affair... Naija where we dey go....

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by osaslord500(m): 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
That guy go like women ooo
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by ndaman25: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
HahahHaha.....eleyi gidigan
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by hotswagg12: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Okay. CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
we are in Nigeria, things like this are common

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Richie0974: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hahaha... I knew this day would come...

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by yorke1: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
End time things. Confuse government!

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by ichidodo: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Since the governor is a complete idiote, We all must take this debacle on his face value,Ofcourse being from that useless party, APC even Immortan joe and his war boys wouldnt be surprised.

5 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Beremx(f): 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
absolute madness by the governor! So he wants to tell me no single woman is capable to have that position from the state?

Iranu!

14 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Pavore9: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
The Governor has just started a fire.
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by DankemzI(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Gobe RMX cool

“It was just a payback to those he considers as factors that helped him have the control of the state. Well, four years is at corner, only time shall tell!” she said.

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by kennyman2000(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hmmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Habidab: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
This news just dey make me laugh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by amdoyin82(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
And wats wrong wif DAT? Nigerians are fond of creating somtin out of nothing.. Him go dey check their pants and bra ni

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by simeonii(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
We will continue to educate him. The government is already in confusion,” Mrs. Bala said.
Oh pls what's she complaining abt? What else do you expect when you live a country where the educated would rather vote in the less/uneducated base on NEPA BILL AND BODY LANGUAGE as qualifications? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by AngryNigerian(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
did I just read dat! No,i just...waouww! like seriously

anyway,not my biz...na d era of change! very soon,u go hear say "the 1st Lady of --- State,Mr So-so-so..."
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by donbenie(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Political Jobbers!
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by Holuwakemmy16(f): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ahhhhh can't stop laughing,maybe the man get woman thing for under ni.
Re: Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa by enitey(f): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Looool.....weird

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kudirat Abiola: I Have A Secret Letter That Will Tell All – Al-mustapha / Shiites Protest, Ministerial List, Dakolo’s House Invasion, Others Top This Week / Tribunal; Protesters Barricade Osun Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.