Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,150 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? (9332 Views)

Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Don't be deceived. So many who are Christians today turned to Christ after witnessing the reality and horrors of hell when they were still living in their sins. Religion played no part in their conversion. They saw the truth which they could never deny even if they wanted to lie to themselves. It was more than enough for them to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.

accept Jesus or burn in hell forever, lol. What a loving doctrine.

All vain imaginations and mind tricks.

Hell is and will remain a myth, it is only a 'reality' in cults.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
nobilis:

Oh!
Millions of people are now having visions about hell?
Well, it will do you no good to under-rate the power of the human mind.

When you tell someone about something, describe it how u want him to visualize it, the person can dream about it and see "visions" about it. That's how mighty the human mind is. Study hypnosis and you will understand.

Why is this study of hypnosis not applicable to the Muslims and Greeks? Will you deny the fact that their beliefs teach the afterlife and the underworld? Again, why haven't there been reports of widespread hypnosis among the adherents of these religions?

Those people seeing visions of hell will come and tell you how they saw different personalities in hell.
And u believe.
How can that be true when even your bible says that hell isn't populated as yet.
So evidently, u're believing something contrary to your bible's teachings.

You don't know what the Bible teaches because you have never read what it says about hell. Where in the Bible is it said hell is not populated yet? Now I'm curious.

Buddhists, Hindus, and Greeks do not have a doctrine of a hell where people are punished for their misdeeds by burning in everlasting fire.
It is only in the Abrahamic religions (especially Christianity) that u find such a belief.

Even if the buddhists and hindus don't have any teachings about the underworld, they are not exempted from belief in deities. So, tell me, where are the widespread and growing reports from all over the globe of hypnosis about seeing those deities they worship?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

accept Jesus or burn in hell forever, lol. What a loving doctrine.

All vain imaginations and mind tricks.

Hell is and will remain a myth, it is only a 'reality' in cults.

You can never erase a fact by denying it or ignoring it or calling it a myth.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

You can never erase a fact by denying it or ignoring it or calling it a myth.

what is the wages of sin ?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jozzy4: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

Good question
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jozzy4: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell , into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell , into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:43-47

The underlined require you to use ur thinkin fa.culty, your hands and Feets are buried in the grave not an imaginary hell .

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jozzy4:

The underlined require you to use ur thinkin fa.culty, your hands and Feets are buried in the grave not an imaginary hell .
With what will these STAND?

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, [size=13pt]stand[/size] before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life:
Revelations 20:12a.

Before you 'think' things away, help yourself by embarking on an exhaustive study.

Besides, the imagery used here was symbolic and the audience then (though primitive) understood hence you dont find any of the Apostles or Jesus Himself cutting off anyone's limbs!

3 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

Death
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
The topic of this thread, "Why would a Loving GOD send me to hell" shows that human nature remains the same:

When a student passes an exam he says," I got an A in biology"

When he fails he says," The teacher gave me a D in biology"

We hate to take the blame and be responsible for our mistakes and their consequences!

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jozzy4: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:

With what will these STAND?

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, [size=13pt]stand[/size] before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life:
Revelations 20:12a.

Before you 'think' things away, help yourself by embarking on an exhaustive study.

Besides, the imagery used here was symbolic and the audience then (though primitive) understood hence you dont find any of the Apostles or Jesus Himself cutting off anyone's limbs!

Zero scholar , now you run to another verse . Shame !

Rev 20:12 picture the resurection and final judgement which hasnt occur yet .

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by johnnyblakes(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

Dark matter is a plausible thesis and also under physical realm. The history of dark matter, from when it was first observed in the 1930s by Fritz Zwickyin was dismissed because of no empirical evidence to back it up but not that it is not plausible.

My problem is not that supernatural may or may not exist. My concern is taking the idea of supernatural to the extreme and also assuming logical absolute to it as a reality. Why not stop believing and wait until the time science prove it so that you will have good reasons and justifcations to believing such. You don't just presume the illusion of something that seemed extra-ordinary as a justification for holding an idea as absolute true without the possibility of it being false.

That's the beauty of science, science is always open to changing their mind as soon as new evidence continue pouring in. Reasons being that we are human prone to errors and bias to some certain degree. Faith is i know it because i know it and still know it that god is real. Absolutism don't make a headway to science.
We are the only intelligence responsive matter in this planet, we discovering new things everyday, we ought to make sure that we separate facts from fantasies to the best our human capability.

Sorry, i never said so and still my comments don't justify or point to such ideology.
let me ask!do u believe in God?,do u believe in miracle,healings,vision,dreams,now if u believe that all these which are all spiritual doings manifesting in the physical are possible,then u should believe completely the word of God.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by johnnyblakes(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

Dark matter is a plausible thesis and also under physical realm. The history of dark matter, from when it was first observed in the 1930s by Fritz Zwickyin was dismissed because of no empirical evidence to back it up but not that it is not plausible.

My problem is not that supernatural may or may not exist. My concern is taking the idea of supernatural to the extreme and also assuming logical absolute to it as a reality. Why not stop believing and wait until the time science prove it so that you will have good reasons and justifcations to believing such. You don't just presume the illusion of something that seemed extra-ordinary as a justification for holding an idea as absolute true without the possibility of it being false.

That's the beauty of science, science is always open to changing their mind as soon as new evidence continue pouring in. Reasons being that we are human prone to errors and bias to some certain degree. Faith is i know it because i know it and still know it that god is real. Absolutism don't make a headway to science.
We are the only intelligence responsive matter in this planet, we discovering new things everyday, we ought to make sure that we separate facts from fantasies to the best our human capability.

Sorry, i never said so and still my comments don't justify or point to such ideology.
let me ask!do u believe in God?,do u believe in miracle,healings,vision,dreams,now if u believe that all these which are all spiritual doings manifesting in the physical are possible,then u should believe completely the word of God.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
johnnyblakes:

He doesn't beleive all that. He is an atheist.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
johnnyblakes:

Do i say i believe in those things. No, it has never met the burden of prove for me to start taking it as fact. It is still claims.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by MizJanet(f): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Death
Lol , not hellfire .
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Death

So why do you go beyond what is written and talk about a fictional hell ??
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
The topic of this thread, "Why would a Loving GOD send me to hell" shows that human nature remains the same:

When a student passes an exam he says," I got an A in biology"

When he fails he says," The teacher gave me a D in biology"

We hate to take the blame and be responsible for our mistakes and their consequences!

What sort of being will send a creature he loves to a place of never ending torment ?? You may be talking about Satan.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

What sort of being will send a creature he loves to a place of never ending torment ?? You may be talking about Satan.
It is a matter of choice and consequence. And the consequence of alternatives being communicated clearly ahead of time!

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by MizJanet(f): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200

Silly post .. Cutting off limb is symbolic but hell in that same verse is literal ? Uh

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jozzy4:

Zero scholar , now you run to another verse . Shame !

Rev 20:12 picture the resurection and final judgement which hasnt occur yet .

I know! Did you read this:
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
It is a matter of choice and consequence. And the consequence of alternatives being communicated clearly ahead of time!

wrong.

It is a mighty myth believed only by the deluded or deceived.

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
MizJanet:

Silly post .. Cutting off limb is symbolic but hell in that same verse is literal ? Uh
YES!!! HELL IS LITERAL! How do I know this? Just the same way I know the other was symbolic: Comparing scripture with scripture!
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

wrong.

Is alien existence a myth?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

wrong.

Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. And , according to Justice, any one who chooses to follow the devil will not be denied his destination!
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by MizJanet(f): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
YES!!! HELL IS LITERAL! How do I know this? Just the same way I know the other was symbolic: Comparing scripture with scripture!

Oh ! No wonder frosbel said those who are deluded are those proclaiming this myth .

grin everything in that verse is symbolic except hell . Delusio.n indeed

Since the hell is literal , answer joz4 question : churchman where will ya feet and hands go to? Hell or grave

I want you to further expose your delusion

Answer .. Am waiting
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
MizJanet:

Oh ! No wonder frosbel said those who are deluded are those proclaiming this myth .

grin everything in that verse is symbolic except hell . Delusio.n indeed

Since the hell is literal , answer joz4 question : churchman where will ya feet and hands go to? Hell or grave

I want you to further expose your delusion

Answer .. Am waiting

Read the response to his question.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by MizJanet(f): 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Read the response to his question.

Answer me :

Since the hell in Mark 9:43 -45 is literal , why are peoples feet and hand not going into it today ? Where do the feet and hand of a dead man go to ? Hell or grave .

Waiting ...
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by McSterling(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Because the Loving God gave us a right of choice and being a God of Justice will not deny us our choice and its consequence! Is that against love? Not when that love has done all things possible to warn us.(and as a principle, He forces none thus each is responsible for his choices and we cannot change that)

As for hell,

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
who 44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:43-47

It beats me how an "all wise God" , an "heavenly" father", one who's supposed to be the quintessence of benevolence, a just judge, the mind that made this magnificent universe that we haven't even learnt a quintillionth about even with everything we now know, would deem it reasonable to create a grim, sick and morbid situation where his creatures who are incomparable to him in every respect would be punished infinitely in a fire for the choices they made in a very finite life (less than 100 for most). And this is supposed to be justice? And not to forget, he is omniscient and could have prevented or obviated the need for such a situation but didn't. It makes one marvel at how such a being could have made the universe. Seriously, he doesn't seem smart enough to have made this universe. He could never understand quantum mechanics or special relativity even if Einstein explained it to him. He's way too petty, petulant, impulsive and simple to be such an intelligent mind. He pays too much attention to trifles and quibbles. Even I, a young homo sapien below thirty, do not pay such attention to quibbling matters let alone the creator of the universe. That's why guys like Thomas Payne and David Hume couldn't accept Yahweh as the creator even though they believed in a creator. Let's call a spade a spade. Yahweh is dumb! Very dumb!

5 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
MizJanet:
Lol , not hellfire .
Lol. Miss Janet, gud 2 see u too. smiley
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

So why do you go beyond what is written and talk about a fictional hell ??

Excuse me, by death do you mean the grave? If yes, then you are gravely mistaken and have a distorted meaning of death.

Before I continue, let me be clear what you mean. Just assume I know nothing and tell me what you mean by death. Physical death accompanied by decomposition of flesh. Is that your idea of the wages of sin?

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
MizJanet:

Answer me :

Since the hell in Mark 9:43 -45 is literal , why are peoples feet and hand not going into it today ? Where do the feet and hand of a dead man go to ? Hell or grave .

Waiting ...
Of course when a person dies, he is buried in the ground.

A careful consideration of scripture shows that the final judgement in the lake of fire is interchangeably called hell, everlasting punishment, everlasting destruction etc
The reference to physical body parts by Jesus therefore points to the final Great White Throne Judgment in Revelations 20:12-15 this will take place after the second resurrection John 5:29. Revelations 20 establishes the fact that the torments of hell-gehenna is a temporary one as hell-gehenna will be disposed off in the lake of fire meaning the reference to everlasting fire points not to hell- gehenna but to the lake of fire.

Now Jesus spoke about fire that will never be quenched a fact that actually points to the final judgement as shown in:

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth which I make shall remain before Me, says the Lord, so shall your offspring and your name remain.

24 And they shall go forth and gaze upon the dead bodies of the [rebellious] men who have stepped over against Me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all mankind.
Isaiah 66:22-24

Dead bodies after the tenor of Genesis 2:17- separation/cut-off from God.

Meaning after the Great judgement, the location of the lake of fire will be visible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone? / Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible / The Difference Between Hell And Hell Fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.