Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? (9043 Views)

Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
McSterling:

It beats me how an "all wise God" , an "heavenly" father", one who's supposed to be the quintessence of benevolence, a just judge, the mind that made this magnificent universe that we haven't even learnt a quintillionth about even with everything we now know, would deem it reasonable to create a grim, sick and morbid situation where his creatures who are incomparable to him in every respect would be punished infinitely in a fire for the choices they made in a very finite life (less than 100 for most).
Once again,"Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. And , according to Justice, any one who chooses to follow the devil will not be denied his destination!"

And this is supposed to be justice? And not to forget, he is omniscient and could have prevented or obviated the need for such a situation but didn't.
In a responsibility-shifting attempt man wishes God take the blame for his wrongs while man takes credit for his successes! Why? What else was not done that should not have been done? The final choice rests with the man! Now somebody on another thread craves hell; what then? from the quotes she(he?) knows of such a place, what choices lead there etc and in a daring attempt to assassinate his(her?) conscience in order to freely indulge her perversions or his lusts decides for hell...what then?

It makes one marvel at how such a being could have made the universe. Seriously, he doesn't seem smart enough to have made this universe. He could never understand quantum mechanics or special relativity even if Einstein explained it to him. He's way too petty, petulant, impulsive and simple to be such an intelligent mind. He pays too much attention to trifles and quibbles. Even I, a young homo sapien below thirty, do not pay such attention to quibbling matters let alone the creator of the universe. That's why guys like Thomas Payne and David Hume couldn't accept Yahweh as the creator even though they believed in a creator. Let's call a spade a spade. Yahweh is dumb! Very dumb!
No He isnt. If you will bring God into the picture (though you deny He exists) then bring satan and all his cohorts along after all hell (LAke of fire) was made for them and they will enter first before man! If you in trying to be humanistic, blaspheme God because of hell then remember that justice for satan and his cohorts has its time and place and while that time approaches, all men (like Adam) have their free moral agency and choose who they'll follow.

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Excuse me, by death do you mean the grave? If yes, then you are gravely mistaken and have a distorted meaning of death.

Before I continue, let me be clear what you mean. Just assume I know nothing and tell me what you mean by death. Physical death accompanied by decomposition of flesh. Is that your idea of the wages of sin?

Yes.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jozzy4: 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
@ Mizjanet ; Thanks for those deep thought questions that force my friend to do neccesary research.

Scholar8200:

Of course when a person dies, he is buried in the ground.

A careful consideration of scripture shows that the final judgement in the lake of fire is interchangeably called hell, everlasting punishment, everlasting destruction etc
The reference to physical body parts by Jesus therefore points to the final Great White Throne Judgment in Revelations 20:12-15 this will take place after the second resurrection John 5:29. Revelations 20 establishes the fact that the torments of hell-gehenna is a temporary one as hell-gehenna will be disposed off in the lake of fire meaning the reference to everlasting fire points not to hell- gehenna but to the lake of fire.

@ underlined , show me where the bible said hell - gehenna will be cast into the lake offire ?

Now Jesus spoke about fire that will never be quenched a fact that actually points to the final judgement as shown in:

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth which I make shall remain before Me, says the Lord, so shall your offspring and your name remain.

24 And they shall go forth and gaze upon the dead bodies of the [rebellious] men who have stepped over against Me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all mankind.
Isaiah 66:22-24

Meaning after the Great judgement, the location of the lake of fire will be visible.

grin , its DEAD BODY bro ' check the underlined.

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jozzy4:
@ Mizjanet ; Thanks for those deep thought questions that force my friend to do neccesary research.
well....

@ underlined , show me where the bible said hell - gehenna will be cast into the lake offire ?
see Revelations 20:13,14

grin , its DEAD BODY bro ' check the underlined.
it is not possible that they will be resurrected and killed again! Being cast into the lake of fire is described as the second death.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
well....

see Revelations 20:13,14

So Rev 20:13,14 mention hell - gehenna shey ? Get your facts right , the verse mention HADE'S not gehenna .

[s]It is not possible that they will be resurrected and killed again! Being cast into the lake of fire is described as the second death. [/s]

Isaiah 66: 22-24 is talking about dead Bodies Okay .

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jozzy4:

So Rev 20:13,14 mention hell - gehenna shey ? Get your facts right , the verse mention HADE'S not gehenna .
If you read the place in Revelation 20, it says the DEAD small and great...meaning those
like the rich man etc that went there will ,by the second resurrection, be brought out.

Isaiah 66: 22-24 is talking about dead Bodies Okay .
Again Revelation 20,''I saw the DEAD small and great STAND before God...'' If you consider the context in Isaiah quoted as a time when death will be no more after the second resurrection , how would you differentiate the dead in Isaiah from those in Revelation.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jozzy4: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
[s] If you read the place in Revelation 20, it says the DEAD small and great...meaning those
like the rich man etc that went there will ,by the second resurrection, be brought out.
Again Revelation 20,''I saw the DEAD small and great STAND before God...'' If you consider the context in Isaiah quoted as a time when death will be no more after the second resurrection , how would you differentiate the dead in Isaiah from those in Revelation. [/s]
Stop derailing !

You are yet to show me the verse that said hell - GEHENNA will be thrown into the Lake Of Fire ?

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:

Yes.

It is a pity. This is selective interpretation of the Bible to weed out its unacceptable truth.

If that is what you mean by the wages of sin, then it means Man has been paying the wages of sin since the time of Adam and will continue to do so. It means that the death of Christ is of no consequence which by inference means all Christians have believed a lie. It means mankind is forever hopeless and the grace of salvation is only an illusion. It means no one has attained righteousness before God. It means we were brought to the world to pay the wages of sins we have no means of paying except through death.

If the grave is the wages of sin, the implications are in stark contradiction with the Word of God.

The wages of sin is death does not mean physical death which is followed by decomposition of matter. The death here is spiritual, which is separation from God.

We were once dead in sins till Christ came to die for us. Through His death, our spirits were made alive that were once dead and separated from God. Now, as a result of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, sin no longer has dominion over us. We are dead to sin and alive in Christ. Christ has reconciled us with the Father who has also given us this ministry of reconciliation to the world.

Therefore, if any man be in Christ he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The wages of sin is death applies to an unregenerate spirit, and ultimately the eternal separation from God in perdition that results from death of someone who did not accept Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Princewell2012(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
@op, you re getting the whole things wrong.

First of all you don't even know the meaning of hell.

Man goes to hell while Satan go to hellfire
So there re different between hell and hell fire.

reason, man is made with dust while Satan is made with fire. Now at the end of the day each goes to where they belongs after the judgement.

Hell is a place meant for souls/ spirit of man after he died either wicked or righteous It is these soul/spirit that make a man to live. Man is made up of body soul or spirit.

And the lord God breaths into the nose trill of man and man became a living soul. you can find these in Genesis 2.

in a nutshell, hell simply mean a land of the dead.

All the people who died and buried, beginning from Adam where still there till now, even Jesus visited the place HELL once, the moment he gave up the ghost. pls read ur bible very well.

So the wicked will remain in hell, while the righteous will live an everlasting live in heaven.

Therefore as JESUS resurrected from hell and were taken to heaven so is every righteous person will also be resurrected and will be taken to heaven as well to be with the lord and they shall live forever.

Then the souls who didn't meet up after the judgement will be destroy with fire including Satan and they will exist no more.

Pls tell man the truth so that from the bottom of their heart they will fall in love with Jesus who will gave them everlasting life.

NOTE:
God can not torment man in hell fire forever.

That is not the personality of a just God

Thank God you admitted he made heaven and hell.

GOD CAN NEVER MAKE WHAT HE CAN NOT CONTROL.

Peace.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by MightySparrow: 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
If you worked for hell, He will lovingly send you there.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Princewell2012(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
MightySparrow:
If you worked for hell, He will lovingly send you there.
What you dont know is that as far you are still living, you are already a candidate of hell, and when you died you will surely go there, you re only saviour is if you are a born again, then Jesus will resurrect from there to heaven on the last day, even Abraham is still there waiting for the second coming of Jesus. Otherwise they will remain forever there.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by kobosmalls: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well if you say it like that,

Many years ago, scientists didn't have the technology to detect dark matter but that didn't mean dark matter was non-existent all this while. So how do we know we have not yet created a technology that will one day detect something that will lay hold on evidences of the supernatural?

All this claims are just assumptions. Before Christopher Columbus sailed the world, the world was accepted by all that it was flat. Before the first airplane people said it was impossible to fly. And the list goes on....

If you think we've reached the peak of scientific findings, then you are greatly mistaken.

Just saying.
This is not neccesary at all.
He even made it clear by saying that he does not advocate absolute belief just like sciences even in the face of evidence.
He made room for scepticism even in his own comments.
Unless thats what u are doing now.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Princewell2012:

What you dont know is that as far you are still living, you are already a candidate of hell, and when you died you will surely go there, you re only saviour is if you are a born again, then Jesus will resurrect from there to heaven on the last day, even Abraham is still there waiting for the second coming of Jesus. Otherwise they will remain forever there.

This is not correct!

After the resurrection of Christ, the saints of the OT resurrected too. Matthew 27:52,53)

The place of the departed comprises two destination: Paradise - Abraham's Bosom and the place of Torment where the fire is and both is separated by a big gulf Luke 16:24-29)and the one is at a point of elevation from the other.

. After Christ's resurrection souls who die in the faith go straight to Heaven (Revelations 6:9) but the place of torment is still there, the only 'relief' being the Great Judgement in Revelations 20 after which they will be sent to the lake of fire.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by kobosmalls: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
CaptainJune:

You can never erase a fact by denying it or ignoring it or calling it a myth.
Fact?
Really?
That God exists and that hell exists are facts and yet u cant prove nor even see them, yet u project them as facts.
What is wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by kobosmalls: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
Scholar8200:
Once again,"Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. And , according to Justice, any one who chooses to follow the devil will not be denied his destination!"

In a responsibility-shifting attempt man wishes God take the blame for his wrongs while man takes credit for his successes! Why? What else was not done that should not have been done? The final choice rests with the man! Now somebody on another thread craves hell; what then? from the quotes she(he?) knows of such a place, what choices lead there etc and in a daring attempt to assassinate his(her?) conscience in order to freely indulge her perversions or his lusts decides for hell...what then?

No He isnt. If you will bring God into the picture (though you deny He exists) then bring satan and all his cohorts along after all hell (LAke of fire) was made for them and they will enter first before man! If you in trying to be humanistic, blaspheme God because of hell then remember that justice for satan and his cohorts has its time and place and while that time approaches, all men (like Adam) have their free moral agency and choose who they'll follow.
please tell me why God is waiting for the sinners to repent and then the sinners will be destroyed if they eventually fai to repent?

Isnt this God omniscient,omnipresent and omnipotent?

If he knows what we will become even when we have not been born, why must he wait for us to repent?
Shoudnt he know those that would be good and those that would be evil?
If he knew that someone would be evil like satan for example then God should be blamed for letting him come into existence in the first place.
God should have avoided all these nonsense and only created the ones that wont mess up since he knows everything.
If he had done this,then there wouldnt be need for hell or torment or all the other stupid Sh1t like jesus bla bla bla sacrifice.
I know that some will start quoting their bible for me now, but dont, because anyone in their right senses would agree that prevention is better than cure.
The bible actually succeeded in raising more questions than it could ever answer.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by spencerwilliams(m): 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
Once i saw this topic i was very eager to read what our opinions would look like and having read through some comments and post,i want 2 say"YOU MAY CHOOSE TO OR CHOOSE NOT TO BELEIVE THAT HELL AWAITS ALL SINNERS"revelation 21:8. I know the problem of most people supporting this idea,these are mostly people that have tried all within their power to avoid sin,they are the ones that say i surrender to Jesus today and tommorrow back to the devil,they are those who have confessed their sins to their spiritual leaders,gone for prayers,deliverance fasted,but still found themeselves entangled in sin and thus because of all the above efforts they decide to conclude that "God is too loving to send his creations to a place called hell".I pity you.... If you doubt what i'm saying then just try to ask those who say God can't send people to hell if they beleive anyone can live a life without sin?do not be suprised to hear"it can never be,it's not possible,man will always continue to sin" this is their source and reason for the conclusion above"GOD is not wicked to send his creation to hell" .But i tell all that are in sin repent and escape HELL!!!.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 05, 2015
Smh
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Osisie(m): 7:04am On Sep 05, 2015
undecided
I am a Christian. But I don't like the idea of GOD punishing sinners.
I'm sorry, its just my opinion. And I think GOD may disagree with me.

Take a clue from Time. Have u noticed how it heals all our wounds and hurts?
Even if someone killed your mother, opver time, you'll eventually come to have to let go.

The agony of hell is too much for humans. Why create them only to suffer them for eternity I mean non-stop everlasting.
Even I can't do that to my worst enemy.

If I could see GOD, I'll ask HIM destroy hell.

I know my Christian brethren would start lashing me now and saying how I'm not born-again or how I'm decieved. It's cool.

Some of u witness road accidents where people's brains are shattered and u can't even stand the sight of it. Imagine doing that to men for all eternity!!!

People say things like "no one can question GOD". And I wonder. If it's so, then why does the bible call HIM "Our Father"? Really, u can't question your father? Then ur father must be Idi Amin.

As for me, as long as GOD is my Father, HE has questions to answer.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2015
God is not sending anyone to Hell.

Hell is a ploy to keep the sheep in line so that they can be financially exploited to the maximum.

You better ignore these fanatics who want to steal your liberty, peace and joy. Be bold as a Lion and throw this doctrine of demons back at them.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2015
kobosmalls:

please tell me why God is waiting for the sinners to repent and then the sinners will be destroyed if they eventually fai to repent?

Isnt this God omniscient,omnipresent and omnipotent?

If he knows what we will become even when we have not been born, why must he wait for us to repent?
Shoudnt he know those that would be good and those that would be evil?
If he knew that someone would be evil like satan for example then God should be blamed for letting him come into existence in the first place.
God should have avoided all these nonsense and only created the ones that wont mess up since he knows everything.
If he had done this,then there wouldnt be need for hell or torment or all the other stupid Sh1t like jesus bla bla bla sacrifice.
I know that some will start quoting their bible for me now, but dont, because anyone in their right senses would agree that prevention is better than cure.
The bible actually succeeded in raising more questions than it could ever answer.
ok
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2015
frosbel2:
God is not sending anyone to Hell.

Hell is a ploy to keep the sheep in line so that they can be financially exploited to the maximum.

You better ignore these fanatics who want to steal your liberty, peace and joy. Be bold as a Lion and throw this doctrine of demons back at them.
What would be the final judgement of satan and his angels?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2015
Osisie:
undecided
I am a Christian. But I don't like the idea of GOD punishing sinners.
I'm sorry, its just my opinion. And I think GOD may disagree with me.

Take a clue from Time. Have u noticed how it heals all our wounds and hurts?
Even if someone killed your mother, opver time, you'll eventually come to have to let go.

The agony of hell is too much for humans. Why create them only to suffer them for eternity I mean non-stop everlasting.
Even I can't do that to my worst enemy.

If I could see GOD, I'll ask HIM destroy hell.

I know my Christian brethren would start lashing me now and saying how I'm not born-again or how I'm decieved. It's cool.

Some of u witness road accidents where people's brains are shattered and u can't even stand the sight of it. Imagine doing that to men for all eternity!!!

People say things like "no one can question GOD". And I wonder. If it's so, then why does the bible call HIM "Our Father"? Really, u can't question your father? Then ur father must be Idi Amin.

As for me, as long as GOD is my Father, HE has questions to answer.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 05, 2015
Scholar8200:

Read Ezekiel 28:18
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by waldigit: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2015
frosbel2:
Hell does not exist , it is a myth birthed in the minds of religious freaks.

Like Jesus Christ?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2015
frosbel2:

Read Ezekiel 28:18
Compare that with Isaiah 14:9,16 and realise that the mention of physical features are there because the messages were proximately to gentile rulers-men but ultimately to the devil-not flesh and blood.

Besides, what will be the end of the antichrist?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Osisie(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2015
Scholar8200:

I'm sure u read my post. What I don't understand is which part of it u saw me mention "satan and his angels".

I only referred to "humans".

And pls, DON'T QUOTE ME!
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2015
^ Man shares the destination of he who he chooses to follow.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2015
waldigit:

Like Jesus Christ?

Jesus was not a religious freak, in fact he hated religious freaks.

For example he said this to religious freaks ;

Matthew 23:27-28
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 05, 2015
Scholar8200:
Compare that with Isaiah 14:9,16 and realise that the mention of physical features are there because the messages were proximately to gentile rulers-men but ultimately to the devil-not flesh and blood.

Besides, what will be the end of the antichrist?

Hell here is translated from the Hebrew word which means Sheol or grave.

But if we use your logic , then all those who are in hell still retain the use of their physical body and faculty which as you know is nonsense.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2015
frosbel2:

Hell here is translated from the Hebrew word which means Sheol or grave.

But if we use your logic , then all those who are in hell still retain the use of their physical body and faculty which as you know is nonsense.

Let's focus on this, what will be the end of the antichrist and the devil who energised him?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by waldigit: 11:51am On Sep 05, 2015
frosbel2:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness

But He talked about hell existence? Or am I missing something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2015
frosbel2:

He further said
You serpents! You spawn of vipers! How can you escape the penalty to be suffered in hell (Gehenna)?
Matthew 23:33

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salutations To All Israel On Nairaland. Come And Represent / Should Women Preach? / King James (of The KJV Bible), Was An Indigenous Black European

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.