Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? (9135 Views)

Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson And His Rolls Royce Phantom Pictured / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 2:08am On Apr 07, 2019
From FeedMeJesus.com

One of the greatest mind blowing Truths I have ever come across in the Bible, is Samson’s name being among the heroes of faith. Men who did not only do great exploits in God’s name but were also said to be righteous before Him.

(Heb 11:32) And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

(Heb 11:33) Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

(Heb 11:34) Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

You know I could have easily agreed that David was a righteous man even though he occasionally sinned. At least he was remorseful, confessed his sins and even asked for forgiveness. But Samson? He was in no way half of the man that David was.

Except for a few moments before his death, there is never a place in the scriptures where he ever became sorry for his sins nor even promised to live by the Law like his fellow Israelites. He took pleasure in always mixing with the ungodly and allowed lust to continuously overwhelm him.

By reading Judges chapter 13 to chapter 16, you’ll see a whole lot of things that were wrong about this man. Even the ones your Sunday School teacher never told you about. Like the fact that he even killed himself (a kind of suicide) alongside his enemies.

It is this Samson the writer of Hebrews being inspired of God, told us was righteous therefore saved? I mean, Samson of all people? Righteous before God? Take a look at it one more time in the Word

(Heb 11:32) And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

(Heb 11:33) Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions

If Samson, Rahab the harlot (Heb.11:31) and the man David with all their faults and weaknesses could be said to have “wrought righteousness,” then we need to take a closer look at this thing called “righteousness” and how it comes about.

According to Thayer’s New Testament Greek Lexicon, Righteousness in a broad sense is the “state of him who is as he ought to be,” “the condition acceptable to God.” Simply put, Righteousness is the state of being completely right and acceptable to God. Being able to stand before Him sinless.

Although there are two kinds of righteousness - one by works, the other by faith through grace. The one that guarantees us Salvation is the later which is the righteousness of God by faith. It is freely given to all who totally depends on God’s grace and not their efforts for salvation.

(Rom 3:21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

(Rom 3:22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

(Rom 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

(Rom 3:24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

(Rom 3:25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

(Rom 3:26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

This is the kind of righteousness Samson received of God by faith in His grace. Not only him, even Abraham and all heroes of faith received the same.

(Rom 4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

(Rom 4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

(Rom 4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

(Rom 4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Left to his works, Samson wouldn’t have had a place in the kingdom of God. He would have been sentenced to the “hottest” part of hell. To pay for his sins and lust. But God who is rich in mercy, demonstrated His great love for the man paralyzed by sin. In that He extended His grace towards him, justifying him from all things his efforts as man couldn’t have done for him.

(Eph 2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

(Eph 2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

(Eph 2:6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

(Eph 2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

It is not as if God has gone soft on sin. It doesn’t mean we should no longer take heed to how we live our lives on the earth. He did all He did for Samson so that when we are at our worst and feel unqualified to stand before Him, we can look at someone like Samson and say “if God can forgive and justify such a man, then He can do the same for me.”

Should we emulate Samson’s lifestyle and live anyhow? God forbid! How can we that have been freed from sin and enabled to live righteously go back to such a lifestyle? If there is anything for us to emulate from Samson today, it would be His faith and total dependence in God’s great love and grace towards the sin ridden man.

No matter how messed up your life is right now, look up to God and believe in His love for you. If He can save someone like Samson, He can and will certainly save, justify and clothe you with His righteousness.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/04/samson-salvation-god-love-justification-grace.html

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by CanadaOrBust: 3:58am On Apr 07, 2019
Good

3 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Good
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
If God could save Samson, He can save you too. Believe in His love for you today! Check out a similar post on RAHAB THE HARLOT at FeedMeJesus

7 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
You are much loved! Yes it's true, God is madly in love with YOU

4 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 6:41am On Apr 14, 2019
God can save you too today!
Learn more at https://www.feedmejesus.com

1 Like

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by alBHAGDADI: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2019
This is truly the Gospel which is clearly once saved always saved. Anyone preaching works based salvation to you is a heretic and a liar posted to doom you to hell. Your righteousness can't save you because they are filthy rags. Total dependence on Jesus is what you need

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 7:08am On Apr 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This is truly the Gospel which is clearly once saved always saved. Anyone preaching works based salvation to you is a heretic and a liar posted to doom you to hell. Your righteousness can't save you because they are filthy rags. Total dependence on Jesus is what you need
Yes sir!

1 Like

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 7:19am On Apr 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nobody ever got saved in the scriptures by works. They all depended on God's grace for salvation because when it comes to God's definition of righteousness, even THE BEST of us will fail.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by orisa37: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2019
Samson is a little dissimilar from Adam. They both sinned by their women. Job is more powerful than them. They are all being re-cycled in Christ Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Ewedegubbler: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2019
yea... he was saved in Delilahs toto

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by zlantanfan: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2019
Abraham was considered a righteous man because he obeyed God

Their was different template unto the prophets in the old testament

1 Like

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Funaki: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2019
Ewedegubbler:

grin grin

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Immorttal: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2019
When the christians realised we saw all the crap their god did in the old testament

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by stinjoe(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2019
So in essence, we are saved by solely depending on God for his grace and not by our works no matter how good it is to our eyes. Please Op elucidate more.
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Wizywiz(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
shocked

4 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So after confession and salvation, you are at liberty to smack another man's wife, go on public treasury looting spree, terminate other people 's joy and livelihood all for personal gain hallelujah and still give testimony of your atrocities in the church to the cheering applause of the crowd saints? Cheat, deprive others of their rights because you are richer and more connected than them? Abuse, molest, intimidate your family members and neighbour with security personnel to the glory of God and commit all devious crime known to human being and still feel good to come to church on Sunday's, lead praiseworship, pay tithe and even sit with the Pastor as the main financier all to the glory of God.

Religious people are the most hypocritical people I have known. Most especially the so called Christians. Many of those dressed in fine regalia on Sunday's in churches are a disgrace to Christ. Many of them are devils incarnate. I have lived with them and intact I have two as a neighbour. A man and a woman. Despite the fact that we are all Christians and go to church every Sunday, these hate-filled, envious, bitchy devils make life uncomfortable to themselves. With my experience with Pastors, ministers, church brethren, I have come to conclude that it is not about religion that makes you a good person but individuality. Even Jesus was severely attacking the teachers of the law and Pharisees and the devout law keeper and church goers whose life is a complete reversal of why they are supposed to portray which is humility, kindness, forbearance, patience, temperance, discipline, honesty.

10 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by shilenji(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2019
Everything samsom did was from God.just to get an ocassion with the phillistines so he could massacre them
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by femi4: 9:50am On Apr 14, 2019
Yes, he asked for forgiveness and he was restored. Though he paid with his dear life

3 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Bluezy13(m): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2019
Hmmm..

Religious fanatics at it again!!!

1 Like

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Bluezy13(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2019
shilenji:
Everything samsom did was from God.just to get an ocassion with the phillistines so he could massacre them

Hehehe...
If everything Samson did was from God, why then do you people... Christians...blame him for falling into the deceitful hands of the beautiful damsel called "Delilah"

From your point, he did nothing wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by 2metrelaurie(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2019
by our mordern definition Religious figures like Samson , Moses , Josua ,Mohamed and David were Terrorists
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by WomenTrainer: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2019
It's easy for us to pass judgement on Samson because we don't understand his age. And by age, I mean both generation and physical years.
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by kollinz1234(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2019
@op, live Samson alone and live ur life and pray to be saved

4 Likes

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:07am On Apr 14, 2019
shilenji:

exactly bro. Judges 14:4
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by cardoctor(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2019
Saved by Delilah
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Jamiubond009(m): 10:54am On Apr 14, 2019
Samson that killed a lion with his bare hands? Abi slew thousands of philistines. Only one man? Na wah ooo. If I tell person say I kill lion with my bare hands, dem go believe me? How we swallow these cock and bull stories befuddles me cry
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by MrPENIS(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2019
At first The Lord had high hopes for him. Lastly he was redimmed
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by shilenji(m): 11:04am On Apr 14, 2019
Bluezy13:

Hehehe...
If everything Samson did was from God, why then do you people... Christians...blame him for falling into the deceitful hands of the beautiful damsel called "Delilah"

From your point, he did nothing wrong.

he wouldnt have fulfilled Gods plan
Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by Estiara(f): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2019
This answered one of the few questions I do ask myself about Biblical patriarchs and matriarchs.

From Samson, to Abraham and Sarah. In fact, I've questioned their inclusion in the list of the precursors of faith in Heb 11. In verse 11, reference was made to how Sarah believed and conceived but it was recorded in Genesis 18:12-13, that she laughed within herself upon hearing the prophecy about her having an heir in the future and even before that, offered her maid to Abraham to bear a child in her place (Genesis 16).

Abraham himself faltered. He went ahead to lay with Hagar. However, in Isaiah 51:2, the Scripture talked about looking unto Abraham... and Sarah... This, I think, is against the "Christian" tenet (of faith), although not against the Jewish traditions.

1 Like

Re: Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? by unstoppable51(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2019
Estiara:
This answered one of the few questions I do ask myself about Biblical patriarchs and matriarchs.
Good. You can read more at FEEDMEJESUS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Present Day Pastors U Know Found In Hell By Divine Revelation / The Bent Cross and the inverted cross / Life And Times Of Samuel Oshoffa, Founder Of Celestial Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.