Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti (849 Views)

Seun Kuti Mocks Magun, EFCC Boss, As He's Pictured With IstandWithBuhari Members / Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by dammybravo(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Son of Fela Kuti, Seun Kuti, says the ban of Marijuana by the Nigerian government was a wrong call. ‎

According to him, “There are doctors and scientists who believe that marijuana should be legalized. There are also lawyers, judges, and politicians who believe that the war on drugs is a false war. That is actually a war on the poor people all over the world, because bothv poor people and rich people use drugs to be sane. But you will find that here, people are in jail more for drug use.”

“I believe that the decision is a carryover of colonial law,” Seun noted.
He further pointed out that, “We as Africans had no reason to ban marijuana. It was done out of the United State lobby, forcing our governments to ban the drug. One of the biggest markets in the world for marijuana in the world is Israel (which is a more religious country than Nigeria),” he quipped.

“But they understand the benefits,” he continued, “especially the economic benefits. So much wealth can be generated from it, but that is another issue entirely.

“I don’t think that the Nigerian government has ever carried out any independent research on marijuana, so why did they ban its use?” Seun quizzically noted.‎

http://www.dammydudu.com/2015/09/banning-marijuana-in-nigeria-was-a-mistake-seun-kuti/

2 Likes

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by LordOfTheWeed: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
[size=14pt] As my personal message says:

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.

The main reason why MJ was banned, I'm yet to know.. .. .. Only if proper research could be made on our dear MJ before it was banned, then they would know that our one only companion MJ has done and still doing more good than harm to the society!!!!!!

#PleaseFreeOurMj [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by SUGARBEE(f): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
*puffs weed

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Maghan37: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
The rate at which we go crazy is much so imagine wat will happen when marijuana is legalised then our madness will have no rival.
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
SUGARBEE:
*puffs weed

U Puff weed too!

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by LordOfTheWeed: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Maghan37:
The rate at which we go crazy is much so imagine wat will happen when marijuana is legalised then our madness will have no rival.

[size=14pt] So, it's MJ that causes madness right? It is generally known that too much of everything is disastrous!!!! Even too much of water could make you mad.. .. .. You may not know how that works but that's the real truth.. .. ..[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by SUGARBEE(f): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

U Puff weed too!

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
SUGARBEE:

She's high grin grin

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by SUGARBEE(f): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

She's high grin grin

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=SUGARBEE post=37599656][/quote]

Awwww
you will get lots of em looking all cute like dat
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by SUGARBEE(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Awwww
you will get lots of em looking all cute like dat
kiss kiss kiss
grin grin
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
Seun Osewa needs to stop smoking weed, he should remember that its dangerous to his mental state.
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by SOUNDKING: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
Maghan37:
only when you don't know ur dossage will mary.J. Jonce the hell out of U,,,,,,my balcony is my yok after work.lol.
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by byteHead(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:
[size=14pt] As my personal message says:

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.

The main reason why MJ was banned, I'm yet to know.. .. .. Only if proper research could be made on our dear MJ before it was banned, then they would know that our one only companion MJ has done and still doing more good than harm to the society!!!!!!

#PleaseFreeOurMj [/size]

Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Banning Marijuana In Nigeria Was A Mistake – Seun Kuti by LordOfTheWeed: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=byteHead post=37601250][/quote]
[size=14pt] And it won't surprise me when the foolish coups who fought against it at first later turns out to love it most.. .. .. [/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Isis-Partnered Boko Haram Share Pics Of Abuja Bombers,Claims Responsibiliity / Of What Use Is The Petition Signing To Biafra Restoration? / Screen And Confirm Me Or Refund My Money’.- Amaechi To APC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.