Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists (20995 Views)

ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / ICPC Plans To Go After Bloggers: Read Senator Ben Bruce’s Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by neocortex: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Buhari can do nothing , even the most sophiscated dictators in
the world are finding it difficult to silent social media discussions,
the worst he can do is ban internet aside that he can extend his media
prosecution to bloggers.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by manny4life(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Pure rants... There's absolutely nothing they're gonna do about it. Nigeria and Nigerians are wise now. This is NOT 1984, any act to impede on our fundamental human right of freedom to speak or peddle rumors will be resisted. It's the same propaganda that rode him into Aso Rock, and should be applicable through his tenure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by teawhy2788(m): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
Section 39 of 1999 states dt 'every body has right to share,disseminate information without governmen or any interference' bt it doesn't say u should disseminate bias,imbalance and subjective information.
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
eagleeye2:

Obviously you are happy about this, because you can't blame Jonathan and you are forbidden to criticize Messaiah Buhari.
I'm non-partisan and criticize both parties alike.
One thing I hate with all my life is fake bloggers. I'm only happy to see the government has taken note of their antics.
Hopefully this would halve or even cease political misinformation which makes its way to the frontpage daily as the fear of God would get implanted in rumour peddlers.
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
After they have used this same media to propagate lies, to belittle, insult, abuse the person and personality of President Jonathan; and have entered power, they now want to suppress it.

Whoever brought up this idea must be very stupid.. they won't face those politicians; it is we harmless citizens they are after.

Perhaps they have sent their impending doom and the outspokenness of Nigerians and they want to silence us. They thought to be president na ludo. Now they are failing they don't wanna hear criticisms... rubbish

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by joyrealestates(f): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
I pray they carry it fairly with the rule of law n the freedom of the masses in mind
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Bad news to PDP's Breaking Times and Hope For Nigeria.
Evil triumph when good people refuse to speak out - Iya Kemi (1934).

We ll not give in to intimidation

1 Like

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by dabossman(m): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Freedom of speech must surely be protected. That is not negotiable. However as citizens we must also realize that freedom of speech is not absolute. Otherwise, there would be nothing like slander, or libel, or defamation.

Section 39 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provides that:

“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference.”

However, the right to freedom of expression, in a civilized society is subject to the right of others not to have their reputation injured. Thus, every person has a right to the protection of his good name, reputation and the estimation, which he stands in the society of his or her fellow citizens. Consequently, in Nigeria, whoever utters, publishes, broadcasts, communicates or telecasts anything injurious to the good name, or reputation of another commits both a tort and a criminal offence.

Let us as citizens be knowledgeable about our rights and it's limitations. This isn't about anyone trying to muzzle us, but about knowing what is acceptable or not. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse as they say. Even in some foreign countries defamation is a criminal offence. Be guided, if you are a blogger. Get your facts right. Don't just copy and paste. if a report is not substantiated don't help in spreading it for sake of internet hits.

http://akintundeesan..com/2015/05/the-law-on-tort-of-defamation-in-nigeria.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

1 Like

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by raystanley(m): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Where are the ill-fated brains , come out and explain this ...
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by chichriso: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
story for the godS

. Chichriso said:::::::: Click the link in my signatures
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by gulfer: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
This is the reason Barcanista is leaving NL..... wink wink
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by dunkem21(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Yeah some proclamations by bloggers are far from the truth and even malicious hence libelous . Yes it needed to be arrested but ICPC wasn't effective. Digging this up now under a govt perceived to be dictator- ain/ totalitarian will af course be misconceived. But well, aint all bad. If they kicking this off now, My thumb's up. Just hoping fair play will be the motto.
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by kpaofame: 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
undecided
yawa dey oooo

e clear...

in the words of Someone's hero and role model

i can guarantee your freedom before your speech but your freedom and safety after that i can't guarantee...

chai see wetin #ICPC dey do....Demon-Crazy we hail dey...
Change is here
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by playee: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Xone3(f): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
The war against bloggers is real. Well that is why I blog mostly about relationships etc.
check Beesorlas blog @ [url]bisxone..com[/url]
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by kalakuta11: 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
If the government want to go the libya way, it's allowed, it will be gadafied out of power the gadafi way. If it want to emulate the brotherhood of Egypt mohd morsi, it will be morsied out of power the morsi way. You have power never abuse it, the masses are more daring these days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 03, 2015
EXCELLENT!
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Ezeego1(m): 12:48am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Moxexworld: 12:51am On Sep 03, 2015
I see some sense in this new development, because some bloggers are out there to scamm people without the fear of God so this good.

Get you latest and real gist from http://www.moxexworld.com
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by ojac1: 12:58am On Sep 03, 2015
londonrivals:

http://thenationonlineng.net/icpc-set-to-put-social-media-on-watchlist-says-chairman/
the barrister cannot speak correct english ni? 'Everybody suppose to'! Abi is it the journalists? Wahala dey for Naija oh. a
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by porka: 1:09am On Sep 03, 2015
[size=13pt]So will the dullard's Decree 4 be used against Adams Oshiomhole and Lai Mohammed who have been maligning people's reputation now?[/size]
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by porka: 1:27am On Sep 03, 2015
[size=13pt]Are the bloggers responsible for the FAKE promises made by the dullards in APC? [/size]
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 03, 2015
teawhy2788:
Section 39 of 1999 states dt 'every body has right to share,disseminate information without governmen or any interference' bt it doesn't say u should disseminate bias,imbalance and subjective information.
Who is more bias than apc paid media Org?E.g saharareporters, the nation newspaper, tvc etc.It's the same bias and propaganda against jonathan that brought buhari into govt
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Moxexworld:
I see some sense in this new development, because some bloggers are out there to scamm people without the fear of God so this good.

Get you latest and real gist from http://www.moxexworld.com
Some folks just don't like bloggers because they are making progress.
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by mikolo80: 2:50am On Sep 03, 2015
TechWalker007:
When we warned that there will be no freedom of speech under Buhari, some said it was blackmail and character assassinations.
It's just 3 months, the same social media and bloggers he used to get to power are now awash with "malicious petitions and mudslinging"
nta is gej appointee from south south
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by tonychristopher: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2015
kpaofame:
undecided
yawa dey oooo

e clear...

in the words of Someone's hero and role model

i can guarantee your freedom before your speech but your freedom and safety after that i can't guarantee...

chai see wetin #ICPC dey do....Demon-Crazy we hail dey...
Change is here

that's from my man ...idi amin Dada of Uganda ..aka king of Scotland and former Uganda top notch

one of the finest dictators Africa has ever presented...

big ups to him
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 03, 2015
ladyF:
Bloody idiots!!! The real corrupt people, the politicians are the ones you should be going after. This is really annoying, how will he use his mouth to say this?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

That's what they always do. They start by blowing minor issues out of proportion in order to divert all our attention from the real evil they are doing until they finally leave office with fat accounts and empty heads... those old goats
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by vision2022: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2015
Wahala deyooooooooo, I go run go sambisa go hide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#Apo8: ECOWAS Court Fines Nigeria $3.3 Million For Extra-judicial Killings / Marketers Sell Petrol Above N145/L In 16 States (see the states) / Buhari Is "Cleared" To Return To Nigeria Next Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.