Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,886 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (408154 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by AwesomeRomeo: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Windows 10 Pro. Your files would be intact.
NB : Not unless you are using certain activator activated programs
certain activator activated programs? Please I don't understand. Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

I then shut down my computer and made sure that everything was connected (HDD, CD Drive, etc.) was connected properly. However, nothing I have tried so far including startup repair has worked. I've searched around forums for a while now with no results.

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

I then shut down my computer and made sure that everything was connected (HDD, CD Drive, etc.) was connected properly. However, nothing I have tried so far including startup repair has worked. I've searched around forums for a while now with no results.

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks.

OGA, with the series of problem you're having currently, your laptop is telling you that it's time you bought a new one from me but you've refused to listen grin

What caused your laptop to freeze is different from what's hindering the booting process. There are files present in your system that windows consult before a successful boot up, I'm afraid that during those times you were using power button to shut your system, those bootup files were corrupted hence your system can't boot up.
First boot into BIOS and run a diagnostic test on your hard drive to be sure it's ok (it might have caused the freezing) and then try booting into safe mode, if successful then do a system restore to a previous date. If not successful, use your windows CD and do a system repair proper. This should fix the corrupted bootup files. Lemme know how it goes
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by xristos(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hey guyz, I need anyone's help of how I can get the screen calibrator of HP eliteOne pc fixed.
it fell this morning and cracked thereby affecting the touch.
I nid help of the fixing process, personnel and cost.
Thanks..its urgent pls.
ucan also reach me on 08121228827
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by whiz10(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
computerboy:

OGA, with the series of problem you're having currently, your laptop is telling you that it's time you bought a new one from me but you've refused to listen grin

What caused your laptop to freeze is different from what's hindering the booting process. There are files present in your system that windows consult before a successful boot up, I'm afraid that during those times you were using power button to shut your system, those bootup files were corrupted hence your system can't boot up.
First boot into BIOS and run a diagnostic test on your hard drive to be sure it's ok (it might have caused the freezing) and then try booting into safe mode, if successful then do a system restore to a previous date. If not successful, use your windows CD and do a system repair proper. This should fix the corrupted bootup files. Lemme know how it goes
I tried switching off my laptop but it took almost 30mint without shutting down. So i had to remove the battery. Fast forward till today, i switched it on and here is what it kept displaying. Who gonna help me out? I don't want to lose my files in that system. They are very important to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
whiz10:

I tried switching off my laptop but it took almost 30mint without shutting down. So i had to remove the battery. Fast forward till today, i switched it on and here is what it kept displaying. Who gonna help me out? I don't want to lose my files in that system. They are very important to me.

Follow what the image said in the second paragraph
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by whiz10(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
computerboy:

Follow what the image said in the second paragraph
will i lose my files?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:06am On Aug 09, 2016
whiz10:
will i lose my files?
No.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2016
Why is nobody talking about the Anniversary Update?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2016
Olarewajub:
i'd love to upgrade but to download iso of 4gb is not worth it and i dont think software vendors here have Anniversary Update.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Collinz2:
i'd love to upgrade but to download iso of 4gb is not worth it and i dont think software vendors here have Anniversary Update.

Are you implying the anniversary Update is worth 4gb?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
Olarewajub:

Every new update comes with plenty problems. Relax while the whites test-run it for us. We'll start updating by September
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
Olarewajub:

Are you implying the anniversary Update is worth 4gb?
i recently bump into getintopc and thats the first thing i saw on the list, i decide to check the size and it was 4gb.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Windows updates is making me to hate windows 10, it wont download just show dowloading 0% or 25%. I've tried different network (super fast mtn, airtel and glo) i even delete some folders but nothing.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
computerboy:

Every new update comes with plenty problems. Relax while the whites test-run it for us. We'll start updating by September

Lol. I find this funny, but anyway i agree with you. I guess I will just wait till September.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2016
Collinz2:
i recently bump into getintopc and thats the first thing i saw on the list, i decide to check the size and it was 4gb.

Wow, that's huge.

This shouldn't be a problem as long Airtel got our back. N200 should do the job.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
Olarewajub:

Lol. I find this funny, but anyway i agree with you. I guess I will just wait till September.

Check online and see people reporting different issues ranging from loss of files to windows not booting up at all.

Let's wait and see sha
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
computerboy:

Check online and see people reporting different issues ranging from loss of files to windows not booting up at all.

Let's wait and see sha

This serious. I'm definitely opting out from the Insider programme
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
Olarewajub:

Wow, that's huge.

This shouldn't be a problem as long Airtel got our back. N200 should do the job.
yeah Airtel night plan can do it but the problem am having here is that after i exhusted the first 1.5gb if i subscribe again the network become very bad and it disconnects often, i dont the risk of corrupted file.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
This question is directed to the tech geeks in the house. Between Intel and AMD GPU's, which is better for gaming?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
rawdpiper:
This question is directed to the tech geeks in the house. Between Intel and AMD GPU's, which is better for gaming?

If playing you would have a cooler environment, then it's AMD (if hot environment, AMD would overheat)
If playing in hot environment (Intel wins the battle).
Overall, I would go for Intel.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 6:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If playing you would have a cooler environment, then it's AMD (if hot environment, AMD would overheat)

Thanks. Could you check out the series of Intel HD Graphics I should go for( like maybe 5000,4000 etc). And can play GTA v, far cry and other modern games at least at medium settings?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

If not for heating issues, AMD beats Intel hands down. AMD render good frame rates in games and run heavy games smoothly. Most AMD comes as dedicated graphics with their own VRAM while Intel always comes as integrated and shares everything with the CPU.

Intel will just serve for soccer and racing games, adventure games won't look well. If you're buying a laptop mainly for gaming, buy one with AMD graphics and buy laptop cooling fan as well

Over all, NVIDIA is still the chairman
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:39am On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

Thanks. Could you check out the series of Intel HD Graphics I should go for( like maybe 5000,4000 etc). And can play GTA v, far cry and other modern games at least at medium settings?

Intel hd 4000 upwards will serve but make sure the ram is 8gb minimum
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 7:50am On Aug 12, 2016
computerboy:

If not for heating issues, AMD beats Intel hands down. AMD render good frame rates in games and run heavy games smoothly. Most AMD comes as dedicated graphics with their own VRAM while Intel always comes as integrated and shares everything with the CPU.

Intel will just serve for soccer and racing games, adventure games won't look well. If you're buying a laptop mainly for gaming, buy one with AMD graphics and buy laptop cooling fan as well

Over all, NVIDIA is still the chairman

Intel Core i5 ( 4th or 5th gen)
4gb Ram

which brand of graphics card should complement it, AMD or Intel for the games?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

6000 is the latest Intel structure, 5000 was last year and 4000 was 2 years ago and the sequence continues.
The newer the Intel structure, the more expensive the device, considering the laptops internal specifications. Spoil yourself with an 8GB or 16GB RAM anything below 4GB RAM is a GOAT!!!!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

Intel Core i5 ( 4th or 5th gen)
4gb Ram

which brand of graphics card should complement it, AMD or Intel for the games?

First of all, you can't play those games with 4gb ram. Upgrade your ram to 8gb.

Intel 4000 and above or AMD 7000 series and above
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
computerboy:

If I were to perform an upgrade to windows 10 on a PC running Windows 8.1 now( its past July 29) using the latest ISO from Microsoft's website (anniversary update) would I be asked for product key during the upgrade and will I also face activation issues? Also do I need internet connection during the upgrade and how long should the upgrade take?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
computerboy:

If I were to perform an upgrade to windows 10 on a PC running genuine Windows 8.1 now( and we are well past July 29 ) using the latest ISO from Microsoft's website (anniversary update) would I be asked for product key during the upgrade and will I also face activation issues? Also do I need internet connection during the upgrade and how long should the upgrade take?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If I were to perform an upgrade to windows 10 on a PC running genuine Windows 8.1 now( and we are well past July 29 ) using the latest ISO from Microsoft's website (anniversary update) would I be asked for product key during the upgrade and will I also face activation issues? Also do I need internet connection during the upgrade and how long should the upgrade take?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

Activators are available for activation. If using iso for installation, internet connection not required (but required for activation).
Time required for upgrade, from 10 minutes to 60 minutes, system specifications dependent.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Activators are available for activation. If using iso for installation, internet connection not required (but required for activation).
Time required for upgrade, from 10 minutes to 60 minutes, system specifications dependent.

I have Microsoft toolkit available for activation in case. So there'll be need for activation after the upgrade even though I'm upgrading from a genuine version of windows 8.1?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.