Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) (1078 Views)

Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / LRU Officials Rescue Car From Canal (Photos) / Please Who Here Have Bought A Car From Jiji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by CEtoO(f): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
The Transition®

The Transition® brings a new level of freedom, flexibility, and fun to personal aviation by combining driving and flying in one state-of-the-art vehicle.  Glass cockpit avionics, carbon fiber construction, and innovative mechanisms make the Transition® easy and fun to fly, drive, and convert.  A steering wheel and gas and brake pedals on the ground make it familiar to drive while a stick and rudder pedals provide responsive control in flight.

Being able to land and drive not only solves the "last mile problem" but inclement weather will no longer stop your trip. Running on premium unleaded automotive gasoline, the same engine powers the propeller in flight or the rear wheels on the ground.  Converting between flight and drive modes is comparable to putting down the top on your convertible and you can keep the Transition® at home in the garage: flying has never been so convenient!

Have the video but its too large to upload. You can watch from the link

http://www.terrafugia.com/tf-x

Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by Nurry: 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by CEtoO(f): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
More

Lalasticlala

Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by pmc01(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Interesting!
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by pmc01(m): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
It looks very lovely. Another play thing for the rich brats. I like it though. Kudos to the brains behind it.
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by AfroKnight: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thsee don't look like real life pictures. More like 3D images.
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by Souljaboi1: 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
pmc01:
It looks very lovely. Another play thing for the rich brats.
I like it though. Kudos to the brains behind it.

It would be a good replacement for Daw'ah 02
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by Itulah(m): 5:41am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by CEtoO(f): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2015
AfroKnight:
Thsee don't look like real life pictures. More like 3D images.
They are very real.
I took screenshots from the video, edited and uploaded it.
Please open the link and watch the video if u can
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by CEtoO(f): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by AfroKnight: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2015
CEtoO:

They are very real.
I took screenshots from the video, edited and uploaded it.
Please open the link and watch the video if u can

Lol. The video on the site shows that it is 3D not real life footage. It is still in the design stage. They have not built it yet.

Nice innovation. I'd love fly in one of those.
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by AfroKnight: 10:16am On Sep 03, 2015
Itulah:
Watch the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnF2yua4KIw

CEtoO:

Thank you

This is not the video on their site. It's a totally different design. And this one requires a runway.

The "Transition" flying car on this thread uses propellers instead. Still in design phase like I said earlier. What you saw was just 3D animation.
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by CEtoO(f): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2015
AfroKnight:

Lol. The video on the site shows that it is 3D not real life footage. It is still in the design stage. They have not built it yet.

Nice innovation. I'd love fly in one of those.
Yeah
Now I get u
Re: The "Transition Car" From Terrafugia Company That Let's You Fly (pictures) by pmc01(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
Souljaboi1:

It would be a good replacement for Daw'ah 02
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help / This Might Just Be The Probable Cause Of Your Car's Overheating Problems. / How Much Would It Cost To Equip My Vehicle With DVD Players In Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.