Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,679 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. (1703 Views)

GEJ Would Have Looted Nigeria Out Of World Map - OBJ / NEMA Launches Nigeria's Air Ambulance, First Of Its Kind In Abuja / Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by AloyEmeka9: 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2009
Nigeria ’09: ‘Fashola’s air ambulance will excite FIFA’

Thursday, April 2, 2009
The purchase of an air ambulance by Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, for the FIFA U-17 World Cup to be held in the country in October, has been described as an added value to the readiness of Lagos to host the youth championship.

Dr. Akin Amao, a board member of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the championship, said the air ambulance would earn Lagos State more respect from the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA).

“It is an interesting development which will excite the FIFA medical team when they come next month for the final inspection. I see it as an added value to what we already have on ground in Lagos because FIFA team was very much impressed with the medical facilities they saw during their last visit. Lagos has all that are required to host the championship.

“Governor Fashola has demonstrated unparallel commitment to the provision of all the facilities for the hosting of the event. Everything in Lagos is ready. He has done very well,” he said.

It will be recalled that FIFA officials were amazed at the state-of-the-art medical equipment and fleet of mobile hospital they saw when they visited the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, on January 22.

Speaking in the same vein, chairman of the LOC, Sani Abdulahi Lulu, thanked Governor Fashola for his vision and commitment to the FIFA U-17 World Cup project.

Lulu, who is also the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), declared after a visit to the Lagos Sub-Seat that Lagos City was 100 per cent ready to host the world.

“The Teslim Balogun Stadium playing turf and other facilities in the complex are in place. It is a beauty to behold. Lagos is a reference centre for other cities to emulate. “

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/2/604.html
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by comfort3: 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by tamme: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
haha
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by mustafar1: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
can these people shut up so we can hear ourselves think! i dont care what FIFA or WAFU thinks about this, what i care about is what happens to said equipment after the tourney is over and FIFA shifts its attention to its next tourney and host country.
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ poster
whats with this ur insistence on spelling the yoruba word wrongly? Are you dyslexic?
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by lucabrasi(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
ziddy:

@ poster
whats with this ur insistence on spelling the yoruba word wrongly? Are you dyslexic?
lmao @bolded
@post
kudos to the fashman,t least after the tourney,the lagos state health service will have unfettered use of an air ambulance option as opposed to the present scenario where even multi billionaires dont have the option in an emergency, nigerians and their unbridled cynicism lipsrsealed
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by blacksta(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2009
must_a_far:

can these people shut up so we can hear ourselves think! i dont care what FIFA or WAFU thinks about this, what i care about is what happens to said equipment after the tourney is over and FIFA shifts its attention to its next tourney and host country.

i hope you are notsaying it is the job of FIFA to help us manage our infrastructure
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by lucabrasi(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
blacksta:

i hope you are notsaying it is the job of FIFA to help us manage our infrastructure
i tire o,
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by mustafar1: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2009
blacksta:

nowhere in my post did i make mention of fifa helping manage infrastructure. my question is what happens to it after the tourney? would it sit pretty on the grounds of ayinke house or would it be in the air 20 hours of the day?
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by AloyEmeka9: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ poster
Ndo, you don't have to be nasty about it.  According to tpia, Yorubas are lagos natives while Yorubas are any others in the southwest. grin grin grin
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by OgidiBoy(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
I wonder if they would always have fuel to fly the thing.
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by AloyEmeka9: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
Fuel dey brekete for naija. That one no be problem.
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by udezue(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
yorogba grin grin
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by iReport: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2009
According to tpia, Yorubas are lagos natives while Yorubas are any others in the southwest
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by Pataki: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Fashola is really really endearing my heart to him.

Aloy.Emeka:

According to tpia, Yorubas are lagos natives while Yorubas are any others in the southwest. grin grin grin
Dude, you cannot be serious! Are you?

This must be an all-time discovery from tpia. Where is that girl these days sef. . . . . seems she has gone into oblivion. undecided
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by tpia: 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2009
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by blacksta(m): 12:05am On Apr 03, 2009
tpia:

I hope you're noticing your wife deepzone getting too upset at your shameless manner all over this forum. The agreement between you and her was call tpia only three times a day. Today alone you've called tpia at least ten times. If no be say you wicked why are you vexing her like this.

If not for nuzo and some other guys consoling this woman, she for don unleash her full fury on you. angry

hiss.

You don hammer . please provide your address so i can send hellicopter
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by iReport: 12:55am On Apr 03, 2009
Madness comes in different shades of color. Some people will not rest if they didn't mention my name at least once in a day. Is it obsession or a symptom of the madness, I don't know. Ignoring them seems not to be enough enough, i might need to get a restraining order.
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by tpia: 12:58am On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 03, 2009
tpia:

I hope you're noticing your wife deepzone getting too upset at your shameless manner all over this forum. The agreement between you and her was call tpia only three times a day. Today alone you've called tpia at least ten times. If no be say you wicked why are you vexing her like this.

If not for nuzo and some other guys consoling this woman, she for don unleash her full fury on you. angry

hiss.

Why dont you take the advantage of the jet age we are in right now and ask me out directly instead of trying to make it look as if we have a score to settle? tongue
You never know, it might be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. . . . . it doesnt matter if I accept or not; just ask. cool

(1) (Reply)

A Minister's Outrageous Insensitivity- Sam Egwu's Birthday Bash- Video Included / American Cry To Obama To Deport All Nigerian Living In America - American / How Much For An New & Used Glock 17 / 24?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.