Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,990 members, 7,841,786 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? (6649 Views)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Photos Of The Coffins Where 4 Nigerians To Be Killed In Indonesia Will Be Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by cvibe: 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2009
People migrate for various reasons. It may not necessarily be about making it, but living a better and sane way of life.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by posakosa(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
Many people have left Nigeria losers and failures and have remained such in another man's land.

Whether or not you leave, success depends on YOU.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2009
It depends on individual/motive of traveling. The worst is when you migrate illegally this days! its gonna be HELL FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by philip0906(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
ALL OF U STAY AND DEVELOPE NIGERIA.IT IS GOOD.COS IF EVERY ONE LEAVES WHO THEN WILL HELP US DEVELOPE D COUNTRY.I WISH U ALL WELL.

FOR ME I DON JA GO S.A. grin
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
This question depends on each individual, but really what reasons do we have not to stay to develop our own economy??

I have never been outside the shores of Nigeria except for an excursion to Seme, but l have every reason to believe not everyone of us have to go outside to make it, l am a living testimony to that.

I used to want to leave the country at all costs and believe me, l have tried numerous options you won't even expect someone my age to think of less attempting; both legal and illegal. It all culminated in me with some fellow 'no do goods' attempting to sow away aboard a ship to Holland from Lagos, no doubt if we had made the trip, l would be past tense today.

We spent more than 3 hours in a speed boat on the high seas to get to where the ship we were supposed to board was berthed; in the middle of the night only for them to see us and raise alarm. On our way coming back, after our botched attempt at boarding around 1 am, we were met along the way by Naija marine policemen who chased us with their boats. I can't begin to explain what we went through on these pages, but l can tell you it was hell all because l wanted to leave the country.

To cut a long story short, l survived the ordeal less than 30 months ago, but l made up my mind after the whole episode not to travel outside Naija except l become a millionaire here in Naija first and l can tell you l am right on track. I intend to make my first trip outside the country next year and l can tell you l will be traveling with enough 'dough' made here in Nigeria.

We don't all have to be employees, we can be employers right here in Nigeria, the reason l am saying all these here is cos l want at least one or two people to learn from my story. At the time of our planning our trip, l was in my 2nd year at the university, now l am a graduate, but before writing my final exams, l already have my real estate business running and l am creating employment for the two people working with me.

For now, if l am given a visa free of charge, l won't refuse, but definitely l won't be using it this year as my business here in Naija is more important than whatever l would want to do in another man's land.

No place can be like home, we don't have to wait for the government to provide us with jobs, have you taken a good look at yourself and your abilities?? If you haven't, please do and you will be suprised you are not already creating employment

@ popeye , you sabi terll story
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by wendyc: 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
we have to realize on thing, Nigeria is too over populated for us all to be there, take for example, in London every street and corner there is a Nigerian there, and so it is all around the world. with all of these people out, Nigeria is still over populated, so some will have to go while some stay.

Now here is the  thing, the people that left are "suppose to go with the intension of gaining knowledge to come back to use to develop the country, thus allowing for the ones coming up to go and learn for thier time too.it's not just for people to go out of the country and sit and not make a good thing out of it. For those that are thinking about leaving Naija, there has to be reasons beyond just the mentality most have that i need to travel to make it- No. You have to have determination of making it "the legal way, staying focused and gaining knowledge to better where you left in the hope of helping others that are there.

Naija is a place of opportunity believe it or not, the thing is that wealth is not evenly distributed, that is the propblem we are facing. take for example there are many people in politics that have made the sit or position a family thrown, which should not be, if everyone took a turn in becoming a rep. or someing there, then things will change for everyone.
Division of labor is a thing that Naija is also facing right now, look at a banker and see all the work assigned to this person, he/she is the same one that will do the marketing, customer service, meeting cordinator everthing- WHY? when all these can be easily divided thus creating more jobs, wealth for others to enjoy.
Job security is one of the reasons that most want to leave Naija, and if there are jobs i'm sure most will prefer to stay in Naija. Many people abroad will tell you that no matter what, they'll return home, it's harder for some because when they say it, and think how things will flow together, then they stay back and change their mind.

The one thing that i like developed countries for is that they are open to alot of suggestions, from ALL OVER AND EVERYONE. you don't have to be in a party or this, or tht to have a solid idea in the development of your country, they hear voices and concerns, you easily walk to a lobbist and tell them what's on your mind, yes  there may be companies that don't like the idea, maybe it will keep them out of more profit, but you'll still be heard and can always reference that hey- i told you this would work. but unfortunately all of that is not present in Naija, to make a statement or impact or suggestion, you have to know this, have connections and all that.
No matter where you are, as long as GOD has put you there, nothing can hold u back, not even if everyone travels.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by chibaby5(f): 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
stay n do watttt. . . waste ya tym afta spendin hw many yrz in education. , , . allow dat man!
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by tbaba83(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2009
Didnt God take Joseph out of israel into Egypt 4 a purpose. Wot makes u think we running away anyway. Has it ever occoured to you that Maybe just maybe God has a purpose 4 us in here, Geez
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by arogbowei: 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2009
Who will develop your country for you, except you?

Americans build America, Britons build Britain, Japanese build Japan despite a hostile environment, Chinese build China despite so many limitations. Indians build India, where will Nigerians build except Nigeria. Nigerians should be ready to build their family, their community, then it will be a done deal for the nation.

You must not stay in Nigeria to do so. You could reside in space, moon, anywhere at all to do so, just build. Everyday wherever you find yourself, always remember the child of whom you are, always remember that a good name is better than gold. That way you and only you could hold the light that will beckon for others to follow in the building project.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by sley4life(m): 4:43am On Apr 08, 2009
common, sit down for the country do what, U can have 2 captains in a ship. If all of us decide to stay then do u think there would be employment for us all. our bad leaders where i and they decided to help us build the country and 1 person stole money to develop 140milion people. Go to switzerland banks to find out. Pls if u have something important to achieve while away u can leave else remain in 9ja. Americans are there cos they are united. 9ja have over 200 languages as if we dey sell am, nothing to talk abt and PHCN are saying the reason we arent geting constant power supply is because we are too much in the country
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by AjanleKoko: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2009
How about a thread of 'let Indians stay in India' or 'Let Chinese stay in China'?
This is definitely absurd. Migration is a part of life, and everybody has the freedom to go anywhere or stay anywhere they like. That's why governments implement migration laws, both for their citizens, and citizens of other nations.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by kevd2: 10:31am On Apr 08, 2009
Pls all those that are advocates for Greater Nigerian great should pls stop being narcissistic and saythe Truth.That Nigeria has been hijacked and the conditions for private enterprise in Nigeria are just to draconian for any long term business to thrive.
As long as conditions at home remain like this, we will have this debate forever,( very few Nigerians really just want to leave thier country for Greener pastures out of lack of Innovation).
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by BloodShed1: 11:06am On Apr 08, 2009
chi-baby:

stay n do watttt. . . waste ya tym afta spendin hw many yrz in education. , , . allow dat man!

Did you grow up in Manny?

Anyway I'm here doing my NYSC I finish in July/August, been here non-stop since August '08. Its been okay and I've liked my stay here but I cant stand the mentality out here, I can't see myself ever settling in Naija, even if there is more money to be made out here. I'll just hope I get good at basketball and use that as a good reason NOT to come back to settle here lol.

Home is where the heart is. Home and origin are two totally different things.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by ernal(m): 11:10am On Apr 08, 2009
Nigeria rocks if u have got where to loot or you just have some Good family that keeps ur pocket swelling or u just damn broke to afford a ticket, i guess u all know the rest etc etc

Most people say green pastures right! but i think i prefer to say Bluer Ocean n Yellower sands,
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by chibaby5(f): 11:25am On Apr 08, 2009
@blood_shed

nahhh dint really grow up in manny but bn here 4 bwt 5 yrs nw. u still in manny or suin??. . . dnt c maself settlin in naija oooo. sum hardknock life man!!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by BloodShed1: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2009
chi-baby:

@blood_shed

nahhh dint really grow up in manny but bn here 4 bwt 5 yrs nw. u still in manny or suin??. . . dnt c maself settlin in naija oooo. sum hardknock life man!!!!! cheesy cheesy

LOL what you mean ''still in manny''? I'm a London boy. Been there all my life (well, pretty much, been there since I was 2 years old).

How old were you when you left Naija? You're kinda young init?

llow settling in Naija though, lemme make some money through b-ball and settle elsewhere lol
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by chibaby5(f): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2009
@blood_shed

hahahah. . . london boi uno! cheesy nwayz left naija wen i waz bwt 12 or suin lyk dat. . . goodluck sha with yo settlement! grin
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by totalfact(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2009
Often time, we allow emotion to judge our reaction.
It is bad!
those that are leavin this country have their reasons.
even i know thjat if opportunity is granted all of us we shall all leave this country for the few rich ones.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by jemodan(m): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2009
Corruption has destroy the country the rich get richer while poor get poorer, tell me why hustlers will keep on staying in Nigeria
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by nife2007(m): 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2009
If u had enough dough to jet out, why not use that dough to start some small scale business here?
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by olawaleoni(m): 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2009
Oh,Have Those In Nigeria Have Enough To Depend On?Stay And Kill Your Dream?Did Jseph Not Travel Out Of His Father Land In Order For His Dream To Come True,What Did The Goverment Do To Make The Citizen Feel true Son Of The Soil?Or Did They Allow Young Intelligent Blood To demontrate What They Possess Inside Them. A country Full Of Dream Killers Where God Fatherlism Will Never Pave Way For The Truth.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by BloodShed1: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2009
chi-baby:

@blood_shed

hahahah. . . london boi uno! cheesy nwayz left naija wen i waz bwt 12 or suin lyk dat. . . goodluck sha with yo settlement! grin

Whats funny lool? A Naija with a Manny accent is just, lol
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by ilaugh1: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2009
Let them go - I have ways to help them get visas to most remote parts of the world if they want.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by lucabrasi(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2009
the title of the post is wrong to start with,you cant stop or inhibit anyone from travelling out of their immediate domain,also with globalisation travelling out itself is a form of exposure and education, so it doesnt necesarily mean that any nigerian wanting to travel out is for the same reasons, the nigerians ill advise to stay in nigeria are the ones who have better opportunities in nigeria and also the ones abroad who have no papers,no means of getting their papers,no prospects e.t.c

generally the reasons for anyone to stay in nigeria are racism and the idea of being a second class citizen no matter what you have achieved,more and flexible business opportunities in nigeria,better weather,while the economies in the western world are on a decline,that of nigeria is an emerging aconomy
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by Lolabbey: 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2009
we wldnt av had much reasons trvling out if not 4 d poor mgt of nig funds by our leaders.if Nig is gud Nigerians will stay
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by denony(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2009
All of you are correct in your own personal opinions
Staying at home making it and moving over there making it.

But i Must ask one question:
What is it that gives joy here in Nigeria?
Human Right, Good living of having constant power supply, water supply, good roads, Security.

Well just my piece of cake lipsrsealed
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by tbaba83(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2009
We can go on and on arguing but be truthful to yourselves if u had d funds to travel wont u?. Like i said earlier on , after leaving school and wasting one year of my life in Jos serving my country in the Nysc programme and managing N7,500 every month like a good boy, i came back home 2 lagos with the expectation of getting a good job.
On getting to lagos i was called for a few bank exams every now and then. I was always passing their exams but their interview stage was were i was wiped off their list. This went on for one year. Believe me when i say "it was the most depressing time of my life".

Fastfoward to Jan 2009.

I get a chance to travel abroad for masters. After the first two months in a foreign land i get a job that pays as well as d jobs i applied for back in Nigeria simply by walking into a job agency and leaving my phone number behind.( i must admit its a very tough and demanding job but the pay makes it worth my while).

Now i am going to ask u people again. Why would i want to stay in a country that cant provide a job 4 its citizens. Do u want me to be doing yahoo in order to survive. Do you know how embarrassing it is to see your former school and nysc colleagues on the road asking u where u work?.

Mr poster i am happy right where i am. If u want to stay in Nigeria good luck to u. As for me, everyone has a right to choose how he lives his life. I have chosen mine, cheers.
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by popoyeh(m): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2009
Everyone with his/her own reasons,

As for me, myself and l, we will make it here in Naija and come to spend Naija dough wherever we decide to visit in the world.

Amen!!!
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by PurestBoy(m): 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2009
None of yu people can convience me to stay in Naija, I'm flying away after my service
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by BryanFury(m): 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2009
[size=14pt]THERE IS NO REASON TO STAY IN NIGERIA. YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN WILL NEVER SEE THE CHANGE OF NIGERIA. DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE! JUST LEAVE!!!!![/size]
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by venturesC(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2009
IF YOU HAVE SKILLS AND KNOW WHAT YOU DO YOU WOULDN'T GO ABROAD FOR A JOB OR TO GET MONEY COS THERE IS REAL WEALTH AND MONEY IN THIS OUR GOD BLESSED NIGERIA.

CARLOS VENTURES
Re: REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? by nich(m): 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2009
just humming . . . we'll take it higher till we sitting on top, cos we moving to the top . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo / How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? / Medical Doctor Needs Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.