Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu (13660 Views)

Dokpesi, Nwanyanwu Suspended As Crisis Rocks APDA / "Buhari Can't Stop Me BSc-ED" Picture Trending On Social Media. Gotten This Bad? / I Can Make Dollar Equal 200naira- Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by saintopus(m): 4:45am On Sep 03, 2015
The pioneer Chairman of the Labour Party, Chief Dan Nwanyanwu, says Nigerians should face the reality that President Muhammadu Buhari will not meet many of his campaign promises including his pledge to make the naira and dollar to be at par.

Nwanyanwu, who said he is no longer involved in partisan politics, stated this during a chat on Channels Television on Wednesday.

The former labour leader said there was no way the All Progressives Congress would be able to give N5,000 to unemployed youths across the country as promised.

Nwanyanwu said rather than deny that Buhari never made 100-day promises, the APC-led Federal Government should swing into action and start governing Nigeria instead of only probing the past administration.

He said, “The APC and its presidential candidate made a lot of promises during the campaigns. We knew that some of these promises were not realisable. For example, there is no way one naira will be equal to one dollar. I know that without being an economist. There is no way anyone will be paid N5,000 every month. That is also not possible.

“But let us put all those campaign promises aside. We know our country. And we know where we are. And that is why I said that the APC as a political party should realise that the campaigns are over. They should stop defending the indefensible as regards whether they made certain promises or not. You do not learn how to write with your left hand at an old age.

“We have passed that stage, a President has been elected, let us encourage him and be patient with him and then look at the other areas he has to kick-start rather than probing every day. Yes, we are eager to get our stolen money back but at the same time, we want the government to start. What are you doing about unemployment and power?”

www.punchng.com/politics/buhari-cant-make-naira-equal-to-dollar-nwanyanwu/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by saintopus(m): 4:49am On Sep 03, 2015
This is serious. I was hoping when my salary will be equal to the dollar amount. Billionaires would have emerged in Nigeria overnight

APC scam

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by Chaleeee: 4:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok. Continue
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by HerexG(m): 4:52am On Sep 03, 2015
Who would believe the transformation that came into our power sector would become a reality a year ago

Now who is saying this same transformation cannot hit our economy

Never allow anyone to tell you that you can't achieve your set out goals, the only person that can stop you is you...

Weldone my President

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by Tallesty1(m): 4:55am On Sep 03, 2015
We can't keep the campaign promises aside, they are the reason they were voted in.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by eleojo23: 4:57am On Sep 03, 2015
Really?
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2015
We all knew this wasn't gonna happen in 100days. It didn't take a hundred days to get to this juncture.

Key is...we are making progress, we are gonna win in the end!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by hola106(m): 5:14am On Sep 03, 2015
Don't conclude yet wait til den okay
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by DankemzI(m): 5:32am On Sep 03, 2015

[b]

HE SAID, “THE APC AND ITS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE MADE A LOT OF PROMISES DURING THE CAMPAIGNS. WE KNEW THAT SOME OF THESE PROMISES WERE NOT REALISABLE. FOR EXAMPLE, THERE IS NO WAY ONE NAIRA WILL BE EQUAL TO ONE DOLLAR. I KNOW THAT WITHOUT BEING AN ECONOMIST. THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE WILL BE PAID N5,000 EVERY MONTH. THAT IS ALSO NOT POSSIBLE. “BUT LET US PUT ALL THOSE CAMPAIGN PROMISES ASIDE. WE KNOW OUR COUNTRY. AND WE KNOW WHERE WE ARE. AND THAT IS WHY I SAID THAT THE APC AS A POLITICAL PARTY SHOULD REALISE THAT THE CAMPAIGNS ARE OVER. THEY SHOULD STOP DEFENDING THE INDEFENSIBLE AS REGARDS WHETHER THEY MADE CERTAIN PROMISES OR NOT. YOU DO NOT LEARN HOW TO WRITE WITH YOUR LEFT HAND AT AN OLD AGE. “WE HAVE PASSED THAT STAGE, A PRESIDENT HAS BEEN ELECTED, LET US ENCOURAGE HIM AND BE PATIENT WITH HIM AND THEN LOOK AT THE OTHER AREAS HE HAS TO KICK-START RATHER THAN PROBING EVERY DAY. YES, WE ARE EAGER TO GET OUR STOLEN MONEY BACK BUT AT THE SAME TIME, WE WANT THE GOVERNMENT TO START. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT UNEMPLOYMENT AND POWER

[/b]

Spot on. cool

They never Chi Chum Ching they thing running a diverse Nigeria is like running a propagators News outlets!
No wonder APC says yes today, Presidency says no tomorrow !
Bunch of greedy confused old Men;
This is not a Military regime that you'll plan a coup and start Muscling the entire Nation

Government is not a reality TV show scene /location, there's more to it than just faking Reality

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 03, 2015
twoondei:
We all knew this wasn't gonna happen in 100days. It didn't take a hundred days to get to this juncture.

Key is...we are making progress, we are gonna win in the end!
So you actually believe Buhari can make a dollar equal to one naira even in four years?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 03, 2015
I am not even interested in Buhari making a dollar equal to one naira rather let him restore it to the pre-May 29 2015 value of N190

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by chrisbaby24(m): 5:36am On Sep 03, 2015
Who dey hope on dat one....even my little nephew no say na wash....mtcheeewwww

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by saintopus(m): 5:37am On Sep 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
We can't keep the campaign promises aside, they are the reason they were voted in.

We must begin to demand from politician what they promised us during their campaign this is the way we can reap the dividend of democracy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by jazinogold(m): 6:11am On Sep 03, 2015
we knw say na washy now!
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by MrZachs(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2015
Nd when it does i go remind una!!!!nonentiteee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by warrior01: 6:25am On Sep 03, 2015
So Apc lost their integrity even before the real governance kick started. Anyway there are just bunch of confused fellows with the president and party having different manifestos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2015
HerexG:
Who would believe the transformation that came into our power sector would become a reality a year ago

Never allow anyone to tell you that you can't achieve your set out goals, the only person that can stop you is you...

Welcome done my President
Keep Lying to urself... one naira = one dollar?? Mayb na 2050 DAT one go happen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2015
PMB can't do. Anything for us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by ORACLE1975(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2015
That's if u guys can let him work.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by lincolnj88: 6:48am On Sep 03, 2015
grin we the wailers knew he can't but the mastubators said he can....
grin I am still waiting for omenka to get its 5000 and demdem his free meal grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by QueenEdna(f): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2015
The president aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ team shud be given a chance to organize themselves n subsequently fufill all d promises made during d campaigns. Lets exercise patience as a People, but nonetheless we are watching aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ any wrong move will spell doom 4 'APC' come 2019 they will be flushed out by the ballot if they fail to deliver... Nigerians now have the mandate.
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by HerexG(m): 7:05am On Sep 03, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

Keep Lying to urself... one naira = one dollar?? Mayb na 2050 DAT one go happen.

Anything is possible my friend
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by kuuljay(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2015
never say never!!! I was in enugu during the last election 99% of igbos swore buhari can ever be the president of nigeria what happened grin grin grin grin nepa has not taken light in my area for 2 months now unbelievable! right? and that credit goes to bro jonah to be honest, I for one am a positive minded person and everyday I kneel down in the morning and pray for my country and it's leaders and in that prayer I don't tell God that somethings are impossible. no matter how bitter you are that your candidate did not win an election doesn't mean you pray everyday that the leader should fail.its like praying the captain of the ship you are in should fail.you will go down too.lets not forget there was a time that naira was equal to dollar in this country!!! Somebody should quote me wrong

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by jmoore(m): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2015
It is possible.Ever heard of body language magic?
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by sdindan: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2015
He must.
By fire by force.
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2015
HerexG:

Anything is possible my friend
yh maybe in 2050 broda.
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by saintopus(m): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2015
chukwudi44:
I am not even interested in Buhari making a dollar equal to one naira rather let him restore it to the pre-May 29 2015 value of N190

That will be a long thing from the way am seeing oo!!!
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by saintopus(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2015
HerexG:

Welcome done my President

The transformation truly started from last administration. It is only manifesting in this administration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by saintopus(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2015
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by TheNextAce: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2015
Okay
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by freesinzu(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu by sammyj: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2015
Story story and this BIG time wailer will wail for the next 8 years. God bless Nigeria, God help the wailers!! grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Party Bigwigs Consider Engaging EFCC Against NWC Members / Dele Momodu Honored With A Doctorate Degree By A Ghanaian University / Sa’idu Umar Kumo Dumps PDP (Dankwambo's Campaign DG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.