Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust (25583 Views)

Saraki’s N298m Bulletproof Car Rots Away At Customs Yard / 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali / Hamid Ali Resumes At Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by sammyj: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2015
.................... cheesy angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6
wiseoneking:
Here comes the lieing wailers spewing the shit. LIEING WAILERS AT LOOSE.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2015
sammyj:
When will this wailing stop. OP and the wailers should note that PMB remains our President for the next 4 years and should be ready to wail for this next 8 years because PMB will spend his 8 years if he continues with his anti corruption crusade !!!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6

What is this one saying? Pls can u read at all?

1 Like

Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by sammyj: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2015
...................................... cheesy shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
OldJohn:

What is this one saying? Pls can u read at all?
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Toks2008(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Nor mind all this yeye old men wey their mate don die finish

them go still dey follow us dey drag the small work wey nor dey

mcteew

One fact i will stand by is that this act by PMB should be retraced asap.

Appointing a non custom officer is not just a slap on the aspiiration of the custom officers but will even bring about moree corruption because i dont think this Alii man knows a jack about what goes on there.

A case of round peg in a squaree hole.

There can be stiff measures in place to curb corrupt practises but bringing a total outsider is a total faux pass
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2015
Why you asking us? You are the one that should make the decision...

Sanfranka:
Guys a philipine lady proposed to me... Should i say yes
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by sage2(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2015
This is just an attempt to mislead people into believing that the northerners are not even crazy about these appointments Buhari is sharing to them. The man is always with Buhari and yet Buhari appointed him without even a hint? No, daily trust, tell that to the gullible.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by hedonistic: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2015
otunsman:
He wanted a more lucrative post.Maybe minister of finance or Nnpc chairman.He got disappointed when buhari gave the Nnpc job to someone else.

No post is more lucrative than CG of Customs in Nigeria. Forget minister of finance. The closest rivals to CGC are Minister of Petroleum and NNPC GMD, but them go drag am depending on the respective individuals' capacity and appetite for thievery.

2 Likes

Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2015
iamboody:
What kind of rubbish speculation is this? Will Ali be announced without consultation? Ali must have known this for a very long time before his announcement he must have consented to it, so what are we talking about. It sounds so insane to me that Ali doesn't want the appointment, and you think the FG will still go ahead to announce him. Custom association of the world or association of custom of the world or whatever body should just keep shut and let us run our affair. I heard someone was caught with €4.6m cash, where was custom, contraband every where, waivers to Jonathan associates where was custom. Ali will resume and custom will be sane again.

He might have initially accepted his nomination with the mind to help clean up customs, but probably realised later on that there is very little he can do in the midst of the hawks there. He probably now sees that his life would be in a great danger working with those DCGs, one of whom is ordinarily supposed to be the new CG.
I'm afraid for that man, cos they may assassinate him in that office. What do you think a single old man can do in a place like customs where hundreds of officers are damn corrupt? If he stands as a stumbling block to any of them, they will simply eliminate him.

Again, being that he wasn't originally a customs officer, it would take him time to fully appreciate how the system operates, in order to understand how to correct all the anomalies. The various trainings customs officers attend before getting to the top, he hasn't attended any. How is he really supposed to understand the process? How will he adequately fight corruption there?

Also considering his age, the man will be out of touch with modern operational realities. The digital systems of operation will be certainly alien to him. He thus will require (a) younger officer/officers who will be more like an assistant/assistants to him. What if those ones mislead him and close his eyes to the real corrupt activities going on there? How will he be able to identify them?

Fighting corruption in the present day Nigeria is not by appointing 'supermen' in positions, or by the outdated crude means Buhari is employing. It's about upgrading our operational systems to block all the loop holes and avenues for corruption. That is how the western world is doing theirs, and that's the only way Nigeria can effectively do it. Unfortunately, that was what GEJ was trying to do, but Nigerians rejected him. He also failed in many respects, anyway.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by 989900: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
hedonistic:

No post is more lucrative than CG of Customs in Nigeria. Forget minister of finance. The closest rivals to CGC are Minister of Petroleum and NNPC GMD, but them go drag am depending on the respective individuals' capacity and appetite for thievery.

cheesy grin cheesy

True talk!
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by 989900: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Customs no dey waste time to eliminate any oga that tries to block their chop. #talkingfromexperience
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Nwinya24: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
why waste your money on unsure games, when you can make hundreds of thousands of millions in simple accumulations? All you need to do is join us for FREE on www.90minutesprediction.com and get your daily sure games for FREE. the statistics and results are both on the website for your verification. we guarantee our members atleast 5 to 6 days of winning everyday......try us for FREE TODAY on www.90minutesprediction.com.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by urchmanx(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
2n2k:

Under IBB, Haliru (the former PDP chair) was head of customs and he was not a custom man. Under Abacha in 1993-1998, brigadier Ango was head of customs. Federal road safety and civil defence had always had outsiders as heads except the current ones.
Point of correction the we're not controller general of customs. The served as administrator of customs. It's a different situation my dear.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by omolami: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Col Hameed Ali acted right by refusing the appointment. How can Buhari be fighting corruption and at same time be encouraging it. Custom service has hierarchy of appointment within the rank and senior officers rank. It is progressive in nature because that is where career opportunities lies. It is pure corruption for Buhari to neglect the Deputy Comptroller Generals to pick an outsider to head Custom Service. The World Custom Organisation must fight this injustice done to the DCG of customs. Buhari wants to introduce Colonel Comptroller General of Custom Service as a rank. From where? I guess the reason Buhari is avoiding the available DCGs is that the next person in rank is not from the north
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
hedonistic:

No be to dey seize contraband goods and tokunbo cars and divert to his home to sell at auction prices be custom?But in finance and Nnpc he go dey control billions of pounds and dollars.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
mobuch:

The man on seeing all d jazz and juju that has being planted by the wicked Yoruba custom officers may have rans away.
Who want die?
This ur English is gaju
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by ayodejia1: 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
He is accessing the extent of d rot b4 taking a plunge. I guess
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Objektive: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
AS AT TODAY, THE PRICE OF E PASSPORT IS BEDEVILED WITH CORRUPTION...............

YOU PAY N10,000 IN ADDITION TO THE OFFICIAL FEES FOR EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD..............

CHANGE INDEED............................ A CHANGE FOR THE WORSE.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by Izunwa(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Maybe he's attending tutorial on Customs ethics smiley
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by 2n2k(m): 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
urchmanx:

Point of correction the we're not controller general of customs. The served as administrator of customs. It's a different situation my dear.

I said they were heads of customs. Whether they were called 'administrator' or even managing director of customs is irrelevant. They were the chief executive and performed fully the duties of the comptroller-general during their tenure. Or are you saying that there was parallel comptroller-general concurrently during their tenure?

In any case, I didn't say it was ideal or support the idea in my initial post. I was only clarifying for the person I quoted who said there was no precedence for such appointment.
Re: Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust by urchmanx(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2015
2n2k:

I said they were heads of customs. Whether they were called 'administrator' or even managing director of customs is irrelevant. They were the chief executive and performed fully the duties of the comptroller-general during their tenure. Or are you saying that there was parallel comptroller-general concurrently during their tenure?

In any case, I didn't say it was ideal or support the idea in my initial post. I was only clarifying for the person I quoted who said there was no precedence for such appointment.
Actually the name makes a great difference. You can make your research on that. Didn't tell me there is no difference between a head of state, president and military ruler.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are No Longer Safe In Bayelsa, Igbo Traders Tell Police / APC Sponsored Hash Tag #notoursenatepresident Goes South. / Imo APC Primaries For Senatorial, Governorship, House Of Representatives (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.