Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? (2666 Views)

'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? / When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Ramos16(m): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen I brought up a topic among my friends today, and I got variety of interesting opinions, but I will still love to know what nairalanders think.

In a family where the husband and wife have good jobs and earn well, what should happen to the salary of the wife?

For ladies, what will you do with your salary? will you hand it over to your husband at the end of the month, so he can decide on the fate of the money?

For Men, what do you expect from your wives? do you expect her to submit her salary, or use it for herself?
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Adeoba10(m): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Dia salary serves as reservoir or backup Weneva dia husband z broke... (am talking abt d well trained wives). For instance, during dat famine period in osun state....

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Mimiflourish(f): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
In any home where there is trust, love and unity, I do not think there should be anything like his or her salary or money. I believe monies should be jointly owned, in a nutshell "our money''.

There is nothing wrong with having a joint account where each of them can spend independently from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Your wife's money can help the family when you're broke and cover minor financial problems.
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by MISSNORA(f): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Not a wife yet
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Ramos16(m): 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
I believe it is a man's responsibility to provide for his wife, buy clothes, shoes for her etc. What happens to that responsibility when she is earning just as good as you are
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by zexzy(f): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
Her salary serves as plan B, in case of necessity to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by LaurelP(m): 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Well, D man shud provide 4 d family with his own money but it doesn't mean dat the wife cannot do minor things in d house with her own money once in a while.
she shud tell her husband exactly how much she earns and when she is paid she shud let d husband know. she shud always make her atm card available 2 her husband incase he needs 2 have access 2 her acct and above all, stress her readines 2 assist wheneva d man needs it.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abi month ti hand e ni?
Like someone said' his money is our money, my money is my money'
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by elantraceey(f): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Her salary could cover up for miscellaneous expenses in the house and could act as backup in times of need .
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by AtomikEnergy: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
o.p, how does your wife's salary concern u? Even if she earns one million dollars., a husband must not demand for a wife's salary unless she wants to give it to you. And to those who wives who give all your salary to your husband. Pls wise up, your husbands arent GOD.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by raumdeuter: 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
We share the bills in the house and whatever remains of her salary is her business

I can offer suggestion on some investment opportunities but thats it

I earn mine you earn your, we pay the bills jointly and whatever is left, the other person is free to use for whatever. if we have a joint project she also contribute to it

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Ramos16(m): 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
AtomikEnergy:
o.p, how does your wife's salary concern u? Even if she earns one million dollars., a husband must not demand for a wife's salary unless she wants to give it to you. And to those who wives who give all your salary to your husband. Pls wise up, your husbands arent GOD.

hehe, you did not ask of my opinion na, I only placed the question so I see what people say, I experienced an issue and that is why am asking.
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by AtomikEnergy: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ramos16:

hehe, you did not ask of my opinion na, I only placed the question so I see what people say, I experienced an issue and that is why am asking.
hahaha okay, but thats my opinion., husbands shouldnt demand for the pay of their wives. If she decides to give part out willingly then thats fine.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by debbie(f): 9:44am On Sep 04, 2015
First when you married her,she came in as a help-mate smiley.As for her salary i think you shouldnt ask for it,but try to advice her to manage it well.
Remember there are some minor expenses she can handle without calling for your help.There are things she will want to buy for the family which you may not know about...that is for the wise women.

There are times when the income wont be flowing as it should,she will step in to help.
If you have kids,she might see things she wants to get for them and will go ahead to buy them.....it helps build her sense of responsibility and support to the family.
This is for the women who care about their family.
Remember she came from a family with parents ,siblings and relations....she may decide to support and help anyone of them when the need arises...it is from her salary she will do it.

Now you know that the wives salary is also used for them home in general.

5 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2015
The money after marriage is placed together in a family account. They spend together so there is no "wife's" money or husbands money. Don't know about others Oo. But that's how it works with hubby and I.
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Ngokafor(f): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2015
LaurelP:
Well, D man shud provide 4 d family with his own money but it doesn't mean dat the wife cannot do minor things in d house with her own money once in a while.
she shud tell her husband exactly how much she earns and when she is paid she shud let d husband know. she shud always make her atm card available 2 her husband incase he needs 2 have access 2 her acct and above all, stress her readines 2 assist wheneva d man needs it.

......This is serious..'she should' do this and 'she should' do that embarassed..
....What are you?..a military commandant? undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by LaurelP(m): 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ngokafor:

......This is serious..'she should' do this and 'she should' do that embarassed..
....What are you?..a military commandant? undecided
read my comment again esp d first paragraph. or are u saying d woman shud be secretive with her money while d man makes his own available?
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Idydarling(f): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
although am not yet married, I think the wife's salary should go for food and everything eatable for the month, while the hubby's salary can take care of other issues.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
No specific uses.. She should use it to support the running of the family whichever way it is needed. ...

However, it's different for every family, couples should know what's best for them...

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Kimoni: 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
debbie:
First when you married her,she came in as a help-mate smiley.As for her salary i think you shouldnt ask for it,but try to advice her to manage it well.
Remember there are some minor expenses she can handle without calling for your help.There are things she will want to buy for the family which you may not know about...that is for the wise women.

There are times when the income wont be flowing as it should,she will step in to help.
If you have kids,she might see things she wants to get for them and will go ahead to buy them.....it helps build her sense of responsibility and support to the family.
This is for the women who care about their family.
Remember she came from a family with parents ,siblings and relations....she may decide to support and help anyone of them when the need arises...it is from her salary she will do it.

Now you know that the wives salary is also used for them home in general.

Great post Debbie. Your opening post says it all.
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by jaybee3(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
raumdeuter:
We share the bills in the house and whatever remains of her salary is her business

I can offer suggestion on some investment opportunities but thats it

I earn mine you earn your, we pay the bills jointly and whatever is left, the other person is free to use for whatever. if we have a joint project she also contribute to it

GBAM
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Kimoni: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaybee3:

GBAM

Lolllzzz
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by jaybee3(m): 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Lolllzzz

Na true na

Only a regular man that's willing to break his back will play bruce almighty in western world. Single income can't/won't be far reaching in affording basic luxuries life has to offer!
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Stillfire: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
In a family where the husband and wife have good jobs and earn well, what should happen to the salary of the wife?

Some of these questions, lordddddd...
Good jobs, earn well, both should contribute equally to the upkeep of the home.
The man as well should equally be involved in home chores.
The small maths we did in school is not for nothing. You know your total expenses, calculate what percentage each should bring from their salary and voila.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Stillfire: 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaybee3:

Na true na

Only a regular man that's willing to break his back will play bruce almighty in western world. Single income can't/won't be far reaching in affording basic luxuries life has to offer!

Absolutely. People need to wake up to our economic realities.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Kimoni: 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaybee3:

Na true na

Only a regular man that's willing to break his back will play bruce almighty in western world. Single income can't/won't be far reaching!

Lol...

@Bolded - makes the difference cuz the expectations from both sides are higher. However, I know quite a number of families still dependent on single income as the woman is concentrating fully on the home front.

***I'm sending the stuff shortly. Been battling with it, lost for ideas on how to package it angry
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by jaybee3(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Lol...

@Bolded - makes the difference cuz the expectations from both sides are higher. However, I know quite a number of families still dependent on single income as the woman is concentrating fully on the home front.

***I'm sending the stuff shortly. Been battling with it, lost for ideas on how to package it angry

I swear down... I initially added that caveat of either parent employing a concentration of dedicated resource to otherwise alarming cost attached to parenting to my submission only to delete afterwards.

Re - That stuff

Do you reckon it's going to be before the 16th as i'm going to be off for a tad bit
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Kimoni: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaybee3:

I swear down... I initially added that caveat of either parent employing a concentration of dedicated resource to otherwise alarming cost attached to parenting to my submission only to delete afterwards.

Lolllzzz I got ya!!

Re - That stuff

Do you reckon it's going to be before the 16th as i'm going to be off for a tad bit

Yeeeppaaarrriippaaa
So what will you do with me naa?

I'm def sending this weekend.
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Rukkydelta(f): 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
AtomikEnergy:

supported

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Yeeeppaaarrriippaaa
So what will you do with me naa?

I'm def sending this weekend.

We will work something out
Re: What Happens To Your Wife's Salary? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

z / It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids / Profile Of Late Jide Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.