Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336414 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Don't really know but I think things are getting better, as at today, the rate is at 408/£1... Seems it's now dropping drastically, cause as at yesterday it was 412/£1.

What do you think Justwise, OlowoB, Claremont and all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jc2xl(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello guys, this group has been insightful and I appreciate every active member for that.

I have some questions:

1. Is the TB test compulsory? If yes, can I go for it while waiting for CAS? (my CAS will come today or tomorrow)
2. Can I do the test at any tertiary hospital like National Hospital, Abuja?

I have many more questions but that will be after the receipt of my CAS.

BTW, I am going to JMU, Liverpool, anybody with me? Anybody on how I can get cheap rooms around city centre Liverpool? Yeah, cheap rooms because I purchased all the GBP I used to pay my tuition fees from Abokis around Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. 'I SAY MAKE I PITY MY PARENTS SMALL'
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
1 yes, it is compulsory and you can do it while waiting for your cas
2 No, it has to be in IOM centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
jc2xl:
Hello guys, this group has been insightful and I appreciate every active member for that.

I have some questions:

1. Is the TB test compulsory? If yes, can I go for it while waiting for CAS? (my CAS will come today or tomorrow)

BTW, I am going to JMU, Liverpool, anybody with me? Anybody on how I can get cheap rooms around city centre Liverpool? Yeah, cheap rooms because I purchased all the GBP I used to pay my tuition fees from Abokis around Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. 'I SAY MAKE I PITY MY PARENTS SMALL'

1) yes it is compulsory ..... There are exemptions for some group of people .... I am assuming you don't belong in that group. You can do the TB test while waiting for CAS

2) has to be the recognised body endorsed by the embassy themselves

Permit me to ask, when is your school resuming?

Finally do not pay for any accommodation until you get to UK and see the accommodation yourself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
jc2xl:

I have some questions:

Most of your questions are a answered. At JMU nice town Liverpool. Are you doing one day priority because it is almost late
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jc2xl(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
umarwy:

Most of your questions are a answered. At JMU nice town Liverpool. Are you doing one day priority because it is almost late

Nice! Please can we discuss personally? I need to know somethings especially about accommodation. My email...... adeptenes@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jc2xl(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
OlowoB:

1) yes it is compulsory ..... There are exemptions for some group of people .... I am assuming you don't belong in that group. You can do the TB test while waiting for CAS

2) has to be the recognised body endorsed by the embassy themselves

Permit me to ask, when is your school resuming?

Finally do not pay for any accommodation until you get to UK and see the accommodation yourself.

I was to resume before 20th of this month. I am behind schedule because I was waiting for a scholarship.

I am saving towards that 1-day priority because I have only had my maintenance fees in my account for just 8 days. If everything goes well, I should be in the UK by October ending (by God's grace).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hiccups:

Good, I'm coming in next few days, what course?

Law
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
jc2xl:

I was to resume before 20th of this month. I am behind schedule because I was waiting for a scholarship.

I am saving towards that 1-day priority because I have only had my maintenance fees in my account for just 8 days. If everything goes well, I should be in the UK by October ending (by God's grace).

Will your school let you join that late?
Most schools would defer your start to 2017.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jc2xl(m): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
worry359:

Will your school let you join that late?
Most schools would defer your start to 2017.

I hope they do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
jc2xl:

I hope they do.

Hoping is not good enough!
Get off your bottom and check with them!
Without permission you stand a very good chance of being refused entry.

Also that school has a VERY poor reputation.
You could school there and end up with a worthless certificate that would not get you a job as a truck pusher!
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/300-students-caught-cheating-liverpool-9361703
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ChiamakaO93(f): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
guysss; i'm new on this thread. And i'm currently freaking out.

My school resumes on Monday, the 3rd of October and the latest possible resumption date is 17th October.
So basically i applied for a visa (standard); and after more than a month, it was declined due to a miscalculation in the 28 day money rule. so basically they concluded that i had insufficient funds for maintenance, since it hadn't been in my account for 28 days.

Today, i lodged a new application. And the only interview day i got was the 5th of October. I will definitely pay for priority. Is there actually a realistic chance of getting this visa before the 17th?

Also, how does one pay for priority, for the Abuja visa office?
Thankyou
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hiccups: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dynamitehimself:

Law

No. MSc Telecommunications Engineering. please send me your whatsapp number via PM, I need some information
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
ChiamakaO93:

My school resumes on Monday, the 3rd of October and the latest possible resumption date is 17th October.
So basically i applied for a visa (standard); and after more than a month, it was declined due to a miscalculation in the 28 day money rule. so basically they concluded that i had insufficient funds for maintenance, since it hadn't been in my account for 28 days.

Today, i lodged a new application. And the only interview day i got was the 5th of October. I will definitely pay for priority. Is there actually a realistic chance of getting this visa before the 17th?

Thankyou
I used Abuja visa office too. Yeah you can actually get your visa before 17th if you pay for priority. Mine took exactly 7days. To pay for priority, you will have to register with a TLS agent after you have paid for your visa. You will see it there on your application page. After registering on the TLS page, you will go to added value services and you will select priority service then make your payment. Please try to be fast with it. Please make sure you confirm all your documents before going for your interview. If you need guidance, we can also give you some guide so you dont make some errors. This thread has all it takes to help anyone here. If you have your interview on the 5th and u pay for priority, latest 12th or 13th you will get your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
worry359:

You could school there and end up with a worthless certificate that would not get you a job as a truck pusher!
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/300-students-caught-cheating-liverpool-9361703

Oga, I believe there are cheats in any school you go to, Just because theirs was published does not mean its peculiar to them alone. "Experts say increasing numbers of students at all universities, not just JMU, are sucked in by the temptation of taking word-for-word extracts from articles freely available on the internet"

investigation by the Echo’s sister paper The Mirror revealed that a 10,000-word masters dissertation on international relations sells for £2,000 and undergraduate politics essays for £85 per 1,000 words.

One UK-based website boasts that its essays will not be picked up by plagiarism detection software used by universities

so someone is offering a service that people want ( though its illegal). saying a cert will not get one a job is just wrong. if one does well, excellence is recognized everywhere in the world
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2016
ChiamakaO93:

Thankyou

It usually takes 5 working days for a decision to be made on priority applications, therefore you would have only 2 days for collection which is impossible considering how inefficient TLS sorting and collection procedure is.
You can use one day priority or try to get a closer date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2016
spikesC:

It usually takes 5 working days for a decision to be made on priority applications, therefore you would have only 2 days for collection which is impossible considering how inefficient TLS sorting and collection procedure is.
You can use one day priority or try to get a closer date.
I disagree with you. TLS Abuja is very effective, probably those at Lagos are ineffective. Mine took exactly 5 working days for a decision to be made and I picked it up on the 7th day. So I will still suggest she goes for priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2016
worry359:

Honestly, I am boiling right now. What do you always feel like? Your words are so insensitive and shows who you are. Who are you to say a schools certificate is worthless? Which school did you even go to? I see no reason why the MOD of this section should not remove your post and also give you a ban.

I think @umarwy has already answered you. No need saying much again. Nonsense.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Even in Nigeria good employers will look at the quality of your school when assessing your employment.

In the UK or USA, and Shengen the quality of your school is very important.
The best graduates from the top schools are always first on the list for powerful jobs.
Those from schools with poor reports or performance will be at the bottom of the pile.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2016
worry359:
Even in Nigeria [/b]good employers will look at the quality of your school when assessing your employment.[b]

In the UK or USA, and Shengen the quality of your school is very important.
The best graduates from the top schools are always first on the list for powerful jobs.
Those from schools with poor reports or performance will be at the bottom of the pile.

At bolded, No one argues that, even a baby knows that but you have NO RIGHT to say a certificate is worthless. You are not the one paying his fees and that same "worthless" certificate according to you still beats certificates of some schools in the world.

And from your response to his post, he never asked you about his school nor its certificate but you Just decided to be insensitive as usual by talking about his school and certificate.

Learn how to chose and use your words carefully when responding online as many other people read what you write.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 8:28am On Sep 30, 2016
angry... hi all, I forgot to write my IHS reference number on the completed application form before submitting my application, will this be a prob?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2016
OlowoB:

At bolded, No one argues that, even a baby knows that but you have NO RIGHT to say a certificate is worthless. You are not the one paying his fees and that same "worthless" certificate according to you still beats certificates of some schools in the world.

And from your response to his post, he never asked you about his school nor its certificate but you Just decided to be insensitive as usual by talking about his school and certificate.
Learn how to chose and use your words carefully when responding online as many other people read what you write.

So pointing out to someone that a school has problems is insensitive now!
Should we sugar coat everything? or should we give factual advice?

For example the poster may not be aware of things, if it is not good news you are saying that we should not inform them.
Facts are facts and are not always convenient or nice!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:40am On Sep 30, 2016
obynwanyioma:
angry... hi all, I forgot to write my IHS reference number on the completed application form before submitting my application, will this be a prob?

Are you talking about the online application form or the manual form you were given to complete and to be submitted alongside your documents on the day of the interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2016
I am talking about the printed online application form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2016
OlowoB:

Are you talking about the online application form or the manual form you were given to complete and to be submitted alongside your documents on the day of the interview?
I am talking about the printed online application form,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2016
worry359:

So pointing out to someone that a school has problems is insensitive now!
Should we sugar coat everything? or should we give factual advice?

For example the poster may not be aware of things, if it is not good news you are saying that we should not inform them.
Facts are facts and are not always convenient or nice!

You are still not getting the point, no one is against you giving out facts but you have no right to say a certificate is worthless. You do not know his plans.

Are you saying someone who is going to do a PG in JMU Liverpool would not have done is research about the school? And the last time I checked, JMU is among the top 80 universities in UK.

Yeah agreed, he may find it difficult getting a job in Uk with a degree from that school ( even jobs now for international students is difficult to get irrespective of school) but he has better chances in Nigeria or may even migrate to USA or Australia and do internship. The certificate from that school is not and can never be worthless.

Are we even sure he wants to get a white collar job after his masters? What if he was simply going just to get knowledge and come back and do business or run his family's business?

No certificate from any UK Jniveristy is useless, it is what you make out of it that matters.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:57am On Sep 30, 2016
obynwanyioma:

I am talking about the printed online application form,

That means you have nit yet gone for the interview right? Just write it on the form and you will aslo be given a form on the day of your interview to fill in your CAS number and other details, endeavour to write your IHS number on it. Nothing to worry about.

I even think once you have made payment online, the IHS nunber would have been automatically linked to your application form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 8:59am On Sep 30, 2016
hello,please if your school gives you extension after their resumption date,can you still apply for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hormolarry: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Good morning dearies, @Olowob, please when is it likely I receive my documents from courier? I received the decision mail on Wednesday, should I still be expecting collection mail, am not in Lagos that's why I chose the courier service and is like their will be public on mon, please should I be expecting it today? from experience please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hormolarry: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2016
I mean there will be public holiday on monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2016
obynwanyioma:

The ihs number is automatically on the online printed form. Nothing to worry about
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2016
OlowoB:

That means you have nit yet gone for the interview right? Just write it on the form and you will aslo be given a form on the day of your interview to fill in your CAS number and other details, endeavour to write your IHS number on it. Nothing to worry about.

I even think once you have made payment online, the IHS nunber would have been automatically linked to your application form.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.