Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339073 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
Emexnairaland:
Some people submitted since April and have not heard from UKVI.

Now this is crazy. ARE YOU SERIOUS? IS it a General delay or is theirs an exceptional case?

Please House, Is there anyone who has gotten an anwer recently?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by doyinwbaby: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2017
hi guys!

a quick question please.

to show proof of funds. can fixed deposit certificates be used? or it has to be cash balance in the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2017
doyinwbaby:
hi guys!

a quick question please.

to show proof of funds. can fixed deposit certificates be used? or it has to be cash balance in the account?

The Essenes of the maintenance money is to show that you will use. It has to be money that is available.
Short answer; cash balance...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
@ just wise how re you?you've been quiet.I have not heard from ukvi even after spending £20 to call.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by quille11: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
Good day,

Please I like to find out if all UK schools accept instalmental payment after making the initial 3k deposit for Postgraduate Studies?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
Find out from the school that you are applying to.
quille11:
Good day,

Please I like to find out if all UK schools accept instalmental payment after making the initial 3k deposit for Postgraduate Studies?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:27am On Jun 16, 2017
Rutharu:
@ just wise how re you?you've been quiet.I have not heard from ukvi even after spending £20 to call.

Whaaaat? £20? Huge huge money.
What did they tell you on phone please?

Is it as if they having a general problem?
Abi NEPA no give them light?
This is quite frustrating.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
After spending £20 they said they will get back to me within 10 days,nothing oh and this morning I got this
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for using UKVI Contact Centre Services for enquiry Reference # 170607-000903. We hope that we answered your enquiry to your satisfaction. Please take a moment to complete our short survey.

Click here to take this survey.

If you have any further enquiries please visit our website at www.gov.uk/home-office

Kind regards,

UKVI Contact Centre

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 12:57am On Jun 18, 2017
quille11:
Good day,

Thanks

Hmmm, I am pretty sure you can work out something with them before the end of your studies. You can always walk into Financial Services abi International Student office and explain to them. You can work out a payment plan. I don't think they would want you to go home before the end of your course. That doesn't do them any good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BiggySammy(m): 11:38am On Jun 18, 2017
Please how long does it take to get a UK student visa from the day of application? I am presently awaiting my ATAS certificate-- i should get it no earlier than 10th of july according to them. I really have loads of questions, but i'll prefer answer to this first. My course will commence by 2nd of Oct. Thank you as i anticipate response from anyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good evening...

@Justwise, worry and et al, please I have a question concerning the Maintenance Fund. my mom recently divorced my dad in Nigeria and remarried in the UK but she now bears her father's name not her new husband's name.

The issue now is she wants me to use her UK Bank account for the 28 days maintenance bearing in mind that we don't bear same surname as she bears her father's name on her bank Account.

Please should I go ahead to keep the money in her account and use her as my sponsor because its almost impossible for her to wire the money into my account in Nigeria due to the charges.

please help me throw more light
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:33am On Jun 19, 2017
I think you're better off having the money in your account. That's the easiest and least complicated way for you. if not, you'd need your birth certificate listing your mum as your mum, a letter stating that she's sponsoring you and granting you permission to use her account and all documents that prove that she's the same person who's listed as your mum on your birth certificate. This could include divorce/marriage certificates, change of name documents, affidavits etc.

Question1:
Good evening...

@Justwise, worry and et al, please I have a question concerning the Maintenance Fund. my mom recently divorced my dad in Nigeria and remarried in the UK but she now bears her father's name not her new husband's name.

The issue now is she wants me to use her UK Bank account for the 28 days maintenance bearing in mind that we don't bear same surname as she bears her father's name on her bank Account.

Please should I go ahead to keep the money in her account and use her as my sponsor because its almost impossible for her to wire the money into my account in Nigeria due to the charges.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2017
mimilyrics:
I think you're better off having the money in your account. That's the easiest and least complicated way for you. if not, you'd need your birth certificate listing your mum as your mum, a letter stating that she's sponsoring you and granting you permission to use her account and all documents that prove that she's the same person who's listed as your mum on your birth certificate. This could include divorce/marriage certificates, change of name documents, affidavits etc.

@mimi, thanks for your timely response, it was very helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Walebbs: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2017
Good morning my people, I'm very new here and don't know how to go about getting things done here yet. So pardon me if I'm making any mistake.
Here's my question please; I applied for pbs tier 4 visa on 25th of May and ever since receiving a mail from Sheffield visa section acknowledging the receipt of my application, I haven't heard anything from them. So in my quest to know what's happening, I rang Ukvi on 19th June to demand the status of my application and I was told that a decision has been made concerning my application on 15th of June and I should expect notification of pickup from tls. Up till now, I haven't received any email from tls for pickup.
Please gurus in the house, what do you reckon I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Walebbs: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2017
@Emex, how did you track your application please? This seem different from tls tracking pattern.

quote author=Emexnairaland post=57260366]I applied for tier 4 student visa since 18th April and got a mail on 8th May that my application is not straightforward. No other update from UKVI since then. My last enrolment date is 9th June which is few days from now. I tracked my application today and I got this image below .... Does it really mean that my application have been accessed by ECO? PLS ANY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS BETTER [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
It simply means that UKVI have made a decision for your visa application. You may try to check the visa application centre where you submitted your application either on Friday or Monday to pick your passport. Good luck.
Walebbs:
Good morning my people, I'm very new here and don't know how to go about getting things done here yet. So pardon me if I'm making any mistake.
Here's my question please; I applied for pbs tier 4 visa on 25th of May and ever since receiving a mail from Sheffield visa section acknowledging the receipt of my application, I haven't heard anything from them. So in my quest to know what's happening, I rang Ukvi on 19th June to demand the status of my application and I was told that a decision has been made concerning my application on 15th of June and I should expect notification of pickup from tls. Up till now, I haven't received any email from tls for pickup.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
You can as well track your application here. https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Walebbs:
@Emex, how did you track your application please? This seem different from tls tracking pattern.

quote author=Emexnairaland post=57260366]I applied for tier 4 student visa since 18th April and got a mail on 8th May that my application is not straightforward. No other update from UKVI since then. My last enrolment date is 9th June which is few days from now. I tracked my application today and I got this image below .... Does it really mean that my application have been accessed by ECO? PLS ANY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS BETTER

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Walebbs: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thank you, Emex. I'm grateful for the prompt response.

Emexnairaland:
It simply means that UKVI have made a decision for your visa application. You may try to check the visa application centre where you submitted your application either on Friday or Monday to pick your passport. Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 1:12am On Jun 22, 2017
Walebbs:

@walebbs have you been able to track your application using the link emex gave you and what did it say?tanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Walebbs: 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
@Rutharu, I did tracked it and it says decision has been made concerning my application. "Decided".

Rutharu:

@walebbs have you been able to track your application using the link emex gave you and what did it say?tanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Hi Justwise/Everyone. I sent the letter from my sponsor to my school and I was told that they can't assign me a CAS number because my sponsor is a business and can't sponsor me as per the T4 rules. My sponsor is a duly registered company in/and operates on 2 continents and 2 countries or more. Their contacts are even on the letter.

I've already replied my school with highlighted screenshots of the T4 guidance that deals with this (as my sponsor qualifies based on the T4 guide) and google search results of the company.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? How was it resolved? What else can I do? I need all the info/help I can get right now.

Thank you.

justwise:

That will do, there is no specific format.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:37am On Jun 22, 2017
mimilyrics:
Hi Justwise/Everyone. I sent the letter from my sponsor to my school and I was told that they can't assign me a CAS number because my sponsor is a business and can't sponsor me as per the T4 rules. My sponsor is a duly registered company in/and operates on 2 continents and 2 countries or more. Their contacts are even on the letter.

I've already replied my school with highlighted screenshots of the T4 guidance that deals with this (as my sponsor qualifies based on the T4 guide) and google search results of the company.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? How was it resolved? What else can I do? I need all the info/help I can get right now.

Thank you.

Is the company registered in stock market/have shareholders?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 11:47am On Jun 22, 2017
Walebbs:
@Rutharu, I did tracked it and it says decision has been made concerning my application. "Decided".

Congrats!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Shareholders? Yes. stock market? No. it's not listed on the stock market.

justwise:

Is the company registered in stock market/have shareholders?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
mimilyrics:
Shareholders? Yes. stock market? No. it's not listed on the stock market.

Get the money paid into your account else you will struggle to convince your school about that company
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Question1:
Good evening...

Can your mum transfer that money into your account? Sorry for late reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Walebbs: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
@Rutharu, have you picked up your passport/visa?
Rutharu:

Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.